Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine hunk commonwealth gauss khan ghoul mandalorian boom wolfenstein boomers Gear daryl body Ryse riot vault NPCs dead power money Overhaul marvel Superpele Mask Call Reforged
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby fil0000 Today at 12:57 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Velken Today at 6:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Velken Today at 6:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Luke Priefer Today at 12:16 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 9:43 pm

» Starfield
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 5:34 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby scrab20 Wed May 08, 2024 5:18 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 7:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
SpaceLord21

SpaceLord21

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:08 am

Shadowvalor wrote:
@LordEdwardius I don't think you are too far off on the idea of our atomic batteries being the base from which the Fallout atomic batteries come from, but we're dealing with giant leaps in the amount of power that is generated.

Both microfusion cells and fission batteries are still functioning two hundred years after their production likely stopped. Robots and energy weapons that use them seem to have minimal reduction in effectiveness. Our version of atomic batteries have the issue of a long term (in the form of decades) of low power generation that lessens over time. Fallout's are able to produce massive amounts of power centuries later.

Aside from overcoming the containment of a nuclear reaction, they also have the problem of radioactive decay that would reduce the amount of fissionable material over time.
You've got a good point. The material should continue despite not being in use. But Microfusion cells (at least from the name) should not have the same problem that Fission batteries have, being that they do not rely upon radioactive material to produce their energy. This gives me some further insight into the Fallout world though, I've seen a lot of people act confused when the tech of Fallout seems inferior but we must realize that their tech is extremely advanced in some ways compared to ours, computer technology is limited however their Nuclear tech is very advanced, far more than we could ever hope to accomplish within our near future. But one thing that confuses me is the fact that despite having extremely advanced power technology they still relied heavily on oil. It wasn't until peak oil in the 2050s that we really see widespread use of nuclear power in the US perhaps hinting that they in fact had very advanced oil technology as well, so much so that even despite the promises that nuclear power brought oil still was best. Then the world relied on Uranium to manufacture their nuclear industry to replace. Perhaps oil was so ingrained in the world that everything revolved around it until it was gone. Fallout makes some interesting statements about our energy consumption today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:43 am

I wouldnt say cartoonish exactly.
More like...rich vivid pastel colors you know? And I still look at that vault dweller and think "did he jump out of a Sims game?"
And look at the pipboy he has, it looks so...plastic.

So this is what we had first
Spoiler:
To me it looks less pastel and plastic, even tho the graphics werent exactly Crysis like, it didnt go full on Sims.

I think this image has more connection to FO4 than the above FO3 image.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:45 am

Tesvixen wrote:
alonewolf003 wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:
Out of curiosity, what's 'cartoonish' about this... the colors?
Click Me:
Did you guys want another game with that sickly green tint cast over everything?  Because that's not realistic either... radiation isn't 'green'. TongueTril

It's probably because of the blue Vault suit. It looked kinda ... weird to me as well when I see it from a thumbnail, y'know, when everything around you are dark-colored then suddenly a bright, blue color outta nowhere closed eyes smile. But it makes sense since he came from a Vault and not someone who's been living on the surface for a long time. It just looks weird to see some fresh clothes from a dark, dirty, "blown" background is all.

If you click it and look at the full-size image you'll see that its quite dirty, in fact.

I do agree that the suit's fabric is quite blue, but I just don't see the Borderlands/Dishonored comparison that some people have made.  It doesn't look anything like either of those games, IMO.

Yeah it doesn't necessary looks cartoonish, maybe people just use the wrong word for it, it's just that blue texture is so bright and vibrant makes it looks kinda ... emm ... weird is all.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:51 am

Yeah. Its definitely vibrant for this franchise.  But personally, I'll take that over another 60+ hours of pea soup-green tint.  That's how long I played before I found out about Fellout.  AtWitsEnd
Back to top Go down
VATROU

VATROU

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:01 am

As I said on another forum We need new creatures like Cazaclaws. Because one is not enough. Nah but really, there could be mutated bats, Wolverines apparently are listed as being in Massachusetts, imagine plasma breath Wolverines, Godzilla style, here's a Wiki link, not sure how accurate that is but it's a start. Raccoons and Skunks would be a nice touch, imagine corrosive stink spray. They have Moose, so imagine a mutated Deathclaw like creature called a Wendigo. I have those in my Alaska Fan lore thread. Shameless plug is shameless. There are Rabbits and Opossums in fact assuming none of these died out there could be a good variety of animals to hunt or kill. Many of which could be mutated with interesting results.

Check out my Fallout Alaska Fan Lore Master Thread 2, pop in, leave a suggestion, or simply comment. Why is it called a Master Thread? Well because it's where all my updates will go first.

Like Fallout Fan Fiction!? Check out Explorers of the New World Updated regularly. It's about Alaska and the Wackiness that ensues therein.
Back to top Go down
usiel

usiel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:32 am

To me it looks like just vibrant in colors, which is something I like. Fallout 3 was green, and Fallout New Vegas was brown. Hell for New Vegas I use FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting and that brightens everything up.
Back to top Go down
Sklone

Sklone

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:46 am

It looks like i amm gonna be needing an upgrade so i can mod it and have it look somewhat decent since my fallout nv cant even handle enbs very well VaultBoyGun

I used to be a field Scribe, a Deathclaw snapping my femur in half like a twig put an end to that.
Back to top Go down
SpaceLord21

SpaceLord21

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:59 am

Sklone wrote:
It looks like i amm gonna be needing an upgrade so i can mod it and have it look somewhat decent since my fallout nv cant even handle enbs very well VaultBoyGun
Yeah I know what you mean, I didn't understand how important graphics cards were until I after I bought my "gaming" (I use it for gaming, it isn't necessarily meant for gaming) laptop. I'm now stuck with crappy intel 3000 integrated graphics. Yay! I do have hope however, I did manage to find a Desktop to Laptop Graphics external port that you can hook up to your laptop. It's $50 and is really nifty looking. The video I saw it from could run a 2011 game on a low end computer from 2006 (low end computer, not high end). Now all I need is that, and a decent graphics card and I'm all set for Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
nickrica

nickrica

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 4:20 am

Sklone wrote:

im worried about that too! lol im a broke student and cant really afford any computer parts for awhile.

ACIFY5

ACIFY5

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 10:36 am

The game is going to be amazing no doubt at all!
Back to top Go down
thebandmike

thebandmike

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 11:00 am

LordEdwardius wrote:
Sklone wrote:
Yeah I know what you mean, I didn't understand how important graphics cards were until I after I bought my "gaming" (I use it for gaming, it isn't necessarily meant for gaming) laptop. I'm now stuck with crappy intel 3000 integrated graphics. Yay! I do have hope however, I did manage to find a Desktop to Laptop Graphics external port that you can hook up to your laptop. It's $50 and is really nifty looking. The video I saw it from could run a 2011 game on a low end computer from 2006 (low end computer, not high end). Now all I need is that, and a decent graphics card and I'm all set for Fallout 4.

haha I know I will be running it on the lowest graphics settings with all the LOD settings on the lowest settings if it has any chance of running on my current rig. Skyrim actually usually runs smoother than my Fallout NV though usually which is weird...

Jokerxt

Jokerxt

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:50 pm

When I first seen the trailer, I was like "The future must be really here." Seems like Bethesda has finally heard our calling.
Back to top Go down
nervo82

nervo82

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:26 pm

my only concern regarding the new fallout game is that the bethesda mod policy will change forcing the players to pay the mods on the steam workshop
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
nervo82

nervo82

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:47 pm

yeah....but i have the sensation that the times are changing. Remember that two months ago steam tried to put exclusive mods on sale for skyrim and bethesda didn't say a word about it
Back to top Go down
Shadowvalor

Shadowvalor

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Has anyone noticed that in several of the pre-war scenes that there is a fellow in a Vault Suit in the background that just suddenly vanishes in one frame?
He's there in both the scene with the power armor guarding the gate and where people are trying to get into the Vault itself.
I have some theories about that and the Memory Den being connected, but I haven't seen this little bit pointed out in this thread yet.

CourierSeisener0

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Shadowvalor wrote:
Has anyone noticed that in several of the pre-war scenes that there is a fellow in a Vault Suit in the background that just suddenly vanishes in one frame?
He's there in both the scene with the power armor guarding the gate and where people are trying to get into the Vault itself.
I have some theories about that and the Memory Den being connected, but I haven't seen this little bit pointed out in this thread yet.
There is? Can you screencap this?

This is where I'd put my special access achievement. IF I HAD ONE!

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 C602e010

My Babies (Achievements):
Back to top Go down
zeephillayy

zeephillayy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 4:07 pm

A few neat things from the trailer:

Spoiler:

CourierSeisener0 wrote:
Shadowvalor wrote:
There is? Can you screencap this?
Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 5qZ0IJo

fitlink00111

Character sheet
Name: Qui
Faction: Super Mutant
Level: 26

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 7:44 pm

weird, this might help suport that old leak... oh well, the 14th might shead some light.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion   Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next