Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
upgrades khan body machine commonwealth vault wolfenstein Gear daryl money dead marvel Reforged NPCs riot boom FCOM mandalorian Call Mask ghoul space hunk boomers Ryse Superpele
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:33 am

» hi i'm new person
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:06 am

» New person
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Empty
PostSubject: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 1:58 am

Hello there ladies & gentlemen and welcome back to another issue of The GUN Insider!

The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami HXz641E

Our good friend @dragbody has been very busy and asked me to bring you our latest interview along with a small message.

“Hello GUNners!

First, my apologies on the extended delay between interviews. If you want to hear my cry baby excuse, read this spoiler:

Spoiler:

This month we have the privilege of catching up with Mika999 and the Fallout: Miami team. If you don’t know about this mod, you will hopefully come away from this interview pumped on the great work Mika and the Miami crew are cranking out.

Thanks to Mika for taking the time to talk to the GUN community; thanks to Commander Wolffe for posting this and to DVAted for his GUN Insider support. Now, without further delay:””

-------------------------------------------------

GUN: Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to us about your upcoming project. We really appreciate your time and we are excited to learn more about Fallout: Miami. Can you start us off by telling us who you are, a little about yourself, and how you got into modding?

Mika999: Hi, my real name is Milan Brajkovic, and I am from Serbia. I like all kinds of art, I love to play guitar, I used to draw a little when I was younger, also dabbled in tattooing, scale modeling and so on… Since I got my full time job, I haven’t had that much time to do what I love, that’s when I decided to try something that covers multiple creative avenues at the same time, so I got into modding. Working on multimedia projects is amazing, and I started learning Creation Kit from the Elder Scroll series, but since CK didn’t change much from that period, I switched to every subsequent game that was made with it—Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim…That was also good because those games cover fantasy and the science fiction, so it was interesting for me and held my attention for a long time.

GUN: How long has the mod been in development?

Mika999: I think I started Fallout: Miami somewhere in the tailend of 2016, but back then it was my personal project and hidden from the public. I wanted something different from the classic Fallout games and DLCs, something that I personally liked. I wanted something that would be a mix of the most interesting things from 80’s pop-culture but still set in Fallout 50’s and 60’s, the Miami Wasteland was the best choice for this.

GUN:You have a lot of great concept art for your mod. Can you tell us how you interact with your concept artist team? Are you letting the artist determine the direction of the mod, or is the artist bringing to life your ideas?

Mika999: Yes, we have great concept artists, 3d artist, sound artist, lvl designers and writers in the Miami team. I need to mention them all, every one of them is involved in the development and, for the best results, we need to work together. When the writers and I agree on some character or asset, our concept artist follow instructions on its key aspects, like elements important for the story, but they are still free to improvise a lot and give us their take on the idea. After we agree on the concept art, which is an iterative process, 3D artists use it to make the ingame model. We then work to implement it into the game, me and the other CK guys from our implementation team.
Also, I want to be clear that not all of the ideas are mine, every team member can make suggestions. My ideas make up some of the core elements of the world and story, but even those need to be discussed with writers and shaped in the way to fit the Fallout universe and create a cohesive fictional world.

GUN: The concept art leads me to believe that the mod might take some inspiration from games like GTA Vice City and Hotline Miami. Were games like these any inspiration for your project?

Mika999: Yes, we love and are inspired by all of those game, also media from the period like Scarface, Knight Rider and such. We’re trying to be very careful when we use those ideas. There is a huge gap between the 80’s and Fallout’s alternative 50’s, so all ideas must be adapted to Fallout first. K. Constantine, one of our writing leads, likes to describe Fallout: Miami as “two parts 50’s, one part 60’s, with a dash of 80’s.”

GUN: If it will not spoil the story, can you tell us a little about why you chose Miami as the location for your apocalyptic story?

Mika999: Miami is ideal for implementing ideas from movies and games from (or inspired by) the period, it’s also very different from Fallout 4’s Boston, so players will get a feeling like they really are on vacation, even if everything is in ruins.

GUN: I’m assuming that the trip to Miami will be made by the Sole Survivor and that the mod will connect to the Commonwealth somehow. Can you share anything about this connection?

Mika999: Yes, the player character will be the same from Fallout 4. I don’t want to spoil anything about the story, so let’s just say that the specifics around the trip will be… unexpected.

GUN: Besides worldspace and Factions, what original content are you bringing to the game with your mod?

Mika999: New main quest, plenty of side quests, new interesting characters, companions, weapons, armors… everything that player can expect from one DLC-size mod, a full Fallout experience, if smaller in scope than a full game.

GUN: For the creation of new weapons and clothing, do you have team members onboard for this?

Mika999: Yes, we have a lot of 3D artist and concept artist in our team, they’re all very talented. Our developing system is simple—do what you like, this will bring the best results. They can pick whatever fits them best from our task-logs and start working on it. There is a priority system, they’re encouraged to pick higher priority tasks, but we believe that passion leads to better art, so the choice is ultimately up to them.

GUN: Miami is fairly famous for the drug trade with movies like Scarface. Fallout also introduces a good deal of drug related content with raiders and fiends. Do you intend to blend these two together somehow?

Mika999: Drugs are a big part of the Miami aesthetic in pop-culture, Fallout: Miami will reflect this, they’ll be an important part of the world, maybe not the main quest though, that focuses more on ideals and stuff. Between the Cubanos and Dreamers factions, there is a good amount of narrative content and lore dealing with drugs specifically.

GUN: From a production standpoint, have you run into any obstacles with Miami that you did not anticipate. How has progress been going relative to what you expected when you started?

Mika999: Yes, there was some problems that were quiet nasty. As this mod started as personal project, I didn’t take care of some technical aspects that might not fit something with a scope this large. But we manage to resolve a lot of problems, like LOD, highmaps, climate and so on…We are also in touch with members and leads of other huge projects like F4: New Vegas, Cascadia and this helps us a lot when we run into some problem that they already fixed.

GUN: With many mods of this scale, there can be a tendency to increase the scope of the mod conceptually while the physical progress lags behind. How are you managing this aspect of your mod?

Mika999: I’d say we’re doing a good job. We have a priority system that helps us focus on the important things first, this gives us more time to evaluate lower priority content and ideas and decide what’s vital to the project and what isn’t, meanwhile, all progress that’s made is related to core aspects of themod. We’ve got several departments like 3D assets, sound, writing, concept art and so on. Some of them are always active in the background, like writing and world building (you’ve probably noticed that we have new exterior screenshots in every update). The ingame world is base for everything, right, it’s where all the quests are staged and where all the characters live, so I’m focusing all my energy there, after that, I can focus also on other things. Also, our talented writers are always working to flesh out the world, characters, planning out quests, ingame text (terminals, notes, etc.) and the like.

GUN: How can players follow news and updates about your mod? Also, if someone wants to chip in on the mod in some way, how can they offer support?

Mika999: They can follow the Fallout: Miami Website, where we post all of the official news. We’ve also got social media, like our Community Discord, Twitter, Facebook, elsewhere, and fans who want to help us make Miami a reality can apply to Join the Team.

GUN: Are there any closing thoughts you would like to share or statements you want to leave with the fallout community?

Mika999: I want to thank the entire Fallout: Miami team and all of our supporters, they’re pushing this project forward, inspiring us and fueling our passion. Together we can achieve anything and bring this idea to life!

----------------------------------------------------

And there you have it! Something every Fallout 4 player should be looking forward to!

Again, thank you to Mika for all the Insider information and hard work on this very promising mod.

Keep your eyes open for our next GUN Insider. I won’t spoil who we are interviewing, but it does rhyme with “cold beer,” “cashier,” and “school year.”

Until next time, happy gaming everyone!

Last edited by Commander Wolffe on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Implying

Implying

Character sheet
Name: Have a few of these
Faction: Vile Race
Level: Can't be measured

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 2:08 am

Great interview, has gotten me excited to play Tony Montana Simulator 2287 edition.

Judge Redd

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 3:16 am

Great work there, but what else can I say ? Informative and a lot of fun and interesting to read.
Back to top Go down
dragbody

dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanks William Lionheart for posting this! And thanks to Mika999 for sharing with us. I will have to reinstall FO4 when this mod is released Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 12:35 am

Great interview! Love the sound of this mod as I really loved GTA Vice City and the movie Scarface. Reading that elements of these inspired things in Fallout Miami gets me excited to play and see these things in the story.
I recently was finally able to get FO4. Great interview looking forward to the release!

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 3:04 am

I remember when I first made a post about Fallout Miami here on GUN, so happy to see this interview happen!

GamerRaizen

GamerRaizen

Character sheet
Name: Marcus Adeyemi
Faction: Followers of the Apocalypse
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Awesome interview! I may just have to reinstall Fallout 4 now lol.

MorningCoffee
Back to top Go down
Dextrose

Dextrose

Character sheet
Name: Dexter
Faction: The Institute
Level: Model of Apathy

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 10:37 pm

pretty stoked about this after reading about it, and also another person going to reinstall FO4 Wink

[icon by Apriorii]
Back to top Go down
https://www.nexusmods.com/users/11871608
August Underground

August Underground

Character sheet
Name: Eme
Faction: Dahmerize Me
Level: gethelp.jpeg

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 5:45 am

I was like "holy shit, finally! a complete Hotline Miami overhaul for Fallout" when i first saw the miniature image on the site... No. Still pretty cool tho.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BigRedRandomMan

BigRedRandomMan

Character sheet
Name: Bourbon Freeman
Faction: NCR
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Great interview! I'm certainly now really looking forward to this mod! Looking on their website you can see some really cool and original concepts I hope this mod is as good as it looks!

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 8:35 am

Honestly I'm very excited about this mod. I think I will be absorbed by it for months!
I love the setting, the sets put together, the "local flavor" that they focused on and the art-work so far.
I'm grateful for this interview and I'm looking forward to some updated on it!
Thanks for featuring in this interview for our community, Mika999 and the rest of the Miami crew!
GroupHug
Much appreciation!

Back to top Go down
Tira

Tira

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 8:59 pm

@"Commander Wolffe" Thumbs Up This will definitely get me playing FO4 again. Thank you @Mika999 for sharing. GoodPost!
Back to top Go down
Turb0

Turb0

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 2:02 am

I've been following this since God knows when and I love to stalk some of the designers that are on tumblr so yeah, thanks to Mika999 for sharing this with us and, of course, Commander Wolffe for posting this! It's great to see that not all the great and ambitious mods are being abandoned Smile
Back to top Go down
mindstormer

mindstormer

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 2:32 am

Nice read, really interesting! Checked out if they had any use for a Commercial Economics graduate, which was sadly not the case. And since my grandma had more computer knowledge, I'll have to settle with following the project closely.

Thanks for going through the trouble in taking interviews like this, gives a new perspective from the other side Smile. And my thanks to Mika and the crew for going out of their way to create something like this from scratch!

Renhanfuri

Character sheet
Name: Ren
Faction: Freelance
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:24 am

I'll be damned, Fallout 4 New Vegas, Fallout 76, and now since i joined this site i'm hearing of Fallout Miami? Keep up the good work, and I hope to play all of these and enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
IamjustaNewbie

IamjustaNewbie

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 am

Love to see more awesome mod like this!!! the only sad thing is fallout 4(3) had stop.
Back to top Go down
Bitcritic

Bitcritic

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 7:17 am

Awesome mod, awesome interview, two thumbs up for you! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Goodness, a reason to purchase Fallout 4. Very exciting. Lookin' forward to some gatorclaws.

The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
DonEsteban

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 7:18 pm

I haven't played Fallout 4 in 2 years, guess it's time to reinstall it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 12:44 am

Saw some recent in game screen shots over on Nexus from one of the better screen archers there who had been given some early access to this. It looks very promising. Great to hear the developer interviews about the thoughts and work they put into these huge mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami   The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami Empty

Back to top Go down

The GUN Insider: The Radioactive Beaches of Miami

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next