Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
leon dead khan Gear Ryse hunk boom riot body vault power Mask Reforged machine Superpele wolfenstein NPCs boomers brotherhood mandalorian money marvel Metal port commonwealth ghoul
Latest topics
» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon 22 Jul 2024, 4:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon 22 Jul 2024, 3:25 am

» [FO4] Doom 2016 models as replecement.
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Sun 21 Jul 2024, 3:12 am

» [FO4] Secret Service armor, helmet headlamp
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby fossaceca17 Sat 20 Jul 2024, 10:19 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Thu 11 Jul 2024, 11:28 pm

» The Next fallout
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Thu 11 Jul 2024, 11:25 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Thu 11 Jul 2024, 11:21 pm

» Afterlife discord
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby Willaemann Tue 09 Jul 2024, 1:44 pm

» What happened to Outlawer's pack 1?
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby Trappy82 Mon 17 Jun 2024, 12:17 am

» Greetings
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby septron Fri 14 Jun 2024, 8:49 am

» Starfield
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby jaypak Mon 10 Jun 2024, 3:56 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby RockstarAC16 Mon 03 Jun 2024, 5:19 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu 30 May 2024, 11:02 pm

» Hello everyone. Looking to add classic Fallout in FO4
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu 30 May 2024, 10:53 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby SpookyGeist Wed 29 May 2024, 8:39 am

» XHX Discord server.
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby TheGoodKoosh Sat 25 May 2024, 5:25 pm

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby nickenicole47 Sat 25 May 2024, 3:05 am

» What's your favorite weapon in the Fallout Series
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby FellowHumanOfOutpost31 Thu 23 May 2024, 11:32 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby keelordd Wed 22 May 2024, 2:53 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Sun 12 May 2024, 6:40 pm

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HunterWorld

HunterWorld

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 9:57 pm

gavin gold wrote:
It's woke as all hell.

Because there was a trans person and an interracial couple?

gavin gold wrote:
It literally glorifies communism.

How? Because they say "Communist is what they call people who aren't crazy"? That was a real thing that this is obviously referencing.

gavin gold wrote:
It deletes New Vegas.

It doesn't. Going to be seeing a whole lore more of it in season 2.

gavin gold wrote:
It fucks up the lore yet again.

Admittedly there were a few lore breaks that would've been easy to avoid. Shady Sands is now in LA and the timeline on the chalk board could have been clearer.

gavin gold wrote:
More importantly, what does it bring to the table? How does it expand on the Fallout story?

It returns to the West Coast and expands on the state of the NCR, Enclave, and Western BoS that hasn't been expanded on since 2010?

Back to top Go down
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 May 2024, 4:50 pm

@Accelerator That was admittedly not my impression. It looks more abandoned than destroyed (which is what tunnellers are supposed to do, collapse buildings since they tunnel under the foundations).

IF that actually becomes true, I'll just put the franchise aside and move on. The damage would be irreparable and unignorable.

Not that I think they will do Vegas justice anyway. Mr. House, being a white, male, rich capitalist can only be portrayed as a villain in a show like that.

@HunterWorld Right, in order:

1. Because every single female character is an empowered hero and every single male character is a soyjack, with the Ghoul being the one exception I suppose. Or have you gotten so used to seeing that in media that you don't notice anymore?

2. Because they're literally blaming the apocalypse on capitalism AND implying that communism would be the solution.

3. You will see a city, I suppose. But whatever they will give you will have nothing to do with the story of FNV.

4. Yeah, that's absolutely "minor and easy to avoid", sure.

5. No. It returns to the West Coast to delete the previous story. You're like those Disney fans that go "at least we're getting more Star Wars!". I don't need new, I certainly don't want it, if all it's going to do is shit all over what was there before.

Back to top Go down
Skydrax

Skydrax

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 May 2024, 7:01 pm

The TV show didn't destroy New Vegas, it was just a mediocre series that damaged Fallout. And Todd had nothing to do with it.
The directors and writers all said that they didn't think playing the games was necessary, they just wanted to tell a story about "Fallout", killed it and used its corpse as a puppet. Everything on the show feels so-not-Fallout.
The BoS is not like any other BoS we've seen on the games, they're a religious cult full of idiots (but still progressive enough to accept a woman who claims to be non-binary and accept her pronouns).
Ghouls have been retconned yet again.
And yes, the NCR being dissolved into a gang of raiders 4 years after FNV was stupid af.

But what pissed me off the most is the fact they revealed the mistery of "who started the war", and the fact they did it so stupidly and even damaged Mr. House in the process...
Back to top Go down
SpookyGeist

SpookyGeist

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May 2024, 8:39 am

Skydrax wrote:

And yes, the NCR being dissolved into a gang of raiders 4 years after FNV was stupid af.
Seems pretty obvious Moldaver outsourced. All the expendable, insane raiders were left to fend for themselves in the vault (to eventually be poisoned), and what I assume are her actual NCR soldiers left with her when she activated the bomb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2