Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
FCOM NPCs Gear Call daryl money machine riot Superpele body hunk marvel upgrades Reforged space boomers Mask ghoul commonwealth Ryse vault wolfenstein mandalorian dead khan boom
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
The Next fallout Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
The Next fallout Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The Next fallout Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
The Next fallout Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
The Next fallout Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
The Next fallout Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
The Next fallout Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The Next fallout Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
The Next fallout Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
The Next fallout Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:33 am

» hi i'm new person
The Next fallout Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
The Next fallout Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
The Next fallout Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
The Next fallout Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
The Next fallout Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 am

» New person
The Next fallout Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
The Next fallout Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
The Next fallout Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
The Next fallout Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The Next fallout Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Next fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big BOBA

Big BOBA

Character sheet
Name: Nate
Faction: Brotherhood of steel
Level: 340

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 7:32 pm

So now that Todd has confirmed that fallout 5 will be in the works after ES6 where would you guys like to see it set and would you like it to be even more forward in time i.e  3000 or 2900 or would you like to see it set sometime back like fallout 76 (25 yrs after the bombs)

imo i wouldn't mind a prequel again because I feel that if we go forward they would really have to address the evolution of the world (no more rackety shacks etc.) and that's obviously hard to do for Bethesda .

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 7:46 pm

I highly doubt they'll move 700-800 years in the future. The game isn't Fallout anymore at that point.

Also, even though Todd said Fallout 5 is the next game after ES6, it isn't coming anytime soon. ES6 will probably drop 2027 or 2028 at the earliest. Fallout 5 won't be released until a good 3-4 years after that minimum

Big BOBA

Big BOBA

Character sheet
Name: Nate
Faction: Brotherhood of steel
Level: 340

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 8:16 pm

Tribal Raven wrote:
I highly doubt they'll move 700-800 years in the future. The game isn't Fallout anymore at that point.

Also, even though Todd said Fallout 5 is the next game after ES6, it isn't coming anytime soon. ES6 will probably drop 2027 or 2028 at the earliest. Fallout 5 won't be released until a good 3-4 years after that minimum
yh ik that it just nice to see people opinions now and idk if you can say that it wont be fallout anymore because quite a few pre war commodities or inventions cant be replicated after the war so you could make it work more as a spin off game or something

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 2:40 am

Truth be told I'm not really too worried about when the games take place. It would be cool to see another prequel game like FO76! But I wouldn't mind if it takes place around or after FO4 too. As for location, well, I once heard someone suggest New Orleans which honestly sounds like a pretty cool idea! Take the more swampy terrain of Point Lookout and extend it a little. Then explore a revived city area. If not that, maybe somewhere like New York could work as well? I loved the more metropolitan style of FO3, and wouldn't mind seeing that again!
Back to top Go down
YansterG

YansterG

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 2:03 am

With how far away the next Fallout is I hope that we can explore one whole state in the future with the technology then. My pick would be Texas with its variation of atmosphere. Plus we can explore more of the culture with the state with it being a unique choice since it independence before joining the United States. With it also being on the Mexican border, that also leaves open so much more with story potential. Any avenue where we can have more lore on the outside of the United States is a plus in my book. Vehicles could be more incorporated into the game to allow travel across the game. Maybe they will refine their vehicle mechanics with Star field so that they can be the best they can be with the next Fallout.
Back to top Go down
gorper

gorper

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 5:20 pm

gorper would love a fallout game set in alaska! imagine the possibilities! beautiful northern lights, seasons that force you to stockpile supplies to survive the winter, and storytelling potential with remnants from the great war! imagine a companion who is a pre-war ghoul who served in the military, using a set of winterized t51-b, or a mutated moose you could ride like a horse. gorper thinks that alaska would be a very fun location to explore in fallout, especially the ruins of anchorage and what dwells within them now.
Back to top Go down
7BSamuel

7BSamuel

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 7:19 am

gorper wrote:
gorper would love a fallout game set in alaska! imagine the possibilities! beautiful northern lights, seasons that force you to stockpile supplies to survive the winter, and storytelling potential with remnants from the great war! imagine a companion who is a pre-war ghoul who served in the military, using a set of winterized t51-b, or a mutated moose you could ride like a horse. gorper thinks that alaska would be a very fun location to explore in fallout, especially the ruins of anchorage and what dwells within them now.

Gorper has a neat idea with Alaska, I mean there's already massive story potential with Op:Anchorage from Fallout 3, I'd like to see what happened to the Anchorage wasteland after the bombs fell. If it really did have all that oil, and the pre war military installations, what secrets is it holding? What factions are active there and what resources are at their disposal? Chinese tanks? Oil?
Back to top Go down
PlanetSpaceman

PlanetSpaceman

Character sheet
Name: Scrungle
Faction: Ex Enclave Reformists
Level: 45

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 3:43 am

Ive been dying for a Fallout in New York. One thought for a story to me would be using Enclave reformists(people who really did want to help people and hated how the Enclave functioned) and Ex East Coast BOS remnants as a main factions, and maybe have them join up against lets say other Enclave purists (people that want to stick true to the original Enclaves goals) fighting in decaying buildings across different levels and even over whole streets (something i felt was missing from fallout 4.

have new York be flooded for large sections of the map flooded, with mirelurks roaming the ground level while up on the roof tops there are battles and trade routes being formed and lost every day, have towns span across roof tops and and into skyscrapers.

The raider group could be named after Queens and have the raiders be different face cards from a deck of cards, like the leaders being hearts, spades, clubs, clovers, and make them dynamic like one is just out to rule the city, another just wants what's best for his group and is willing to hurt others to get it, and another one its more interested in money and controls trade routes. idk just some idea I quickly thought up a while ago.

UncannyCat

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 4:37 am

gorper wrote:

I think this is a great idea, but I’m probably biased because the NCR refuses to stop complaining about wanting a nuclear winter. I have to admit that switching from scrublands and desert to snow would be a nice touch though, and so would the survival skills needed in hardcore to not starve or eat pre-war food constantly.

Love to see a Frostpunk-meets-Fallout vibe for settlements too, where water is no longer a concern, but everyone in the place is fighting to stay warm through the night. Not to mention the fun of building around heat sources, I bet we’d see some real creativity from the community there.

Do the feral ghouls freeze, I wonder? Is this like World War Z where you just encounter them frozen and then when they thaw they attack? It would turn heat sources in the wasteland into livesavers AND death traps.
Back to top Go down
7BSamuel

7BSamuel

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 8:03 am

UncannyCat wrote:
gorper wrote:

I think this is a great idea, but I’m probably biased because the NCR refuses to stop complaining about wanting a nuclear winter. I have to admit that switching from scrublands and desert to snow would be a nice touch though, and so would the survival skills needed in hardcore to not starve or eat pre-war food constantly.

Love to see a Frostpunk-meets-Fallout vibe for settlements too, where water is no longer a concern, but everyone in the place is fighting to stay warm through the night. Not to mention the fun of building around heat sources, I bet we’d see some real creativity from the community there.

Do the feral ghouls freeze, I wonder? Is this like World War Z where you just encounter them frozen and then when they thaw they attack? It would turn heat sources in the wasteland into livesavers AND death traps.

Frozen feral ghouls just sounds terrifying closed eyes smile Considering almost every Fallout environment so far has had the same scorched earth vibe to it a Fallout set in the winter or a constantly cold environment would be a very welcome change for me, and others too it seems! We're talking not only a new environment with new survival requirements, but a completely different universe compared to the aforementioned scrublands and desert. To shamelessly bump my own comment and combine it with your note about warmth, areas with oil to drill (or stores of it i.e. military compounds or refineries) would undoubtedly be either the biggest communities or bloodiest warzones. It'd basically be like Hoover Dam in New Vegas but with higher stakes and more to lose than territory and control.

Plus, huge chunks of Alaska sits on ice sheets and glaciers, maybe we could see something similar to Tenpenny Tower and Megaton in which you have the opportunity to sink an entire town closed eyes smile (though that's probably stupidly unrealistic but would still be cool for about 5 seconds)
Back to top Go down
bustatunez

bustatunez

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 1:33 am

It would be neat to see a Fallout set in Washington state or Florida. Really, anywhere that incorporates a more coastal-focused setting would be neat, but I think the two states I mentioned would give rise to a lot of creative ideas. Imagine some irradiated swampland and the horrors living there?

Alaska would be brutal. I also like the idea of an upper east coast Fallout set in NY. There's a lot of good spots where the next game could take place. I hope they don't rehash the plot of 3/4, would be nice to see them do something fresh.

My Nexus radio mods: Cowboy Radio, King of the Radio, Wasteland Thriller Radio and Sleuth Station (WTR and SS are OTR mods)
Back to top Go down
7BSamuel

7BSamuel

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 8:57 am

bustatunez wrote:
It would be neat to see a Fallout set in Washington state or Florida. Really, anywhere that incorporates a more coastal-focused setting would be neat, but I think the two states I mentioned would give rise to a lot of creative ideas. Imagine some irradiated swampland and the horrors living there?

Alaska would be brutal. I also like the idea of an upper east coast Fallout set in NY. There's a lot of good spots where the next game could take place. I hope they don't rehash the plot of 3/4, would be nice to see them do something fresh.

I live in Idaho, so seeing Washington State would be nice (even if just the coast TongueTril ) I'd like to see one in Idaho, specifically up north where Lake Pend Oreille is. It was rated one of the deepest in the country, so deep in fact the US Navy tests their submarines there and was quite famous for it in its heyday. If it were in Seattle or the coast though, I gotta know what the Space Needle got turned into closed eyes smile
Back to top Go down
zombie123

zombie123

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 4:07 am

I would love to see the next Fallout game set in Louisiana. The vibrant culture they have down there is a sell for me on its own, but the environment is something I think would be amazing to see in a Fallout game. The gigantic swamps and the wildlife that inhabit them just screams potential. If not there though, New York or Alaska would be cool too!

In terms of when it would be set, I personally wouldn't mind whatever year they'd decide to set it in. Though I'd assume it will probably be set just a few years after Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
dlc-Emerald

dlc-Emerald

Character sheet
Name: dillywilly
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 5:05 pm

i wanna see somewhere in the midwest, i like the dog city idea from van buren, where everyone lives on top of ruined skyscrapers because wild dogs rule the surface. perhaps someplace like miami or new orleans could be good as well. as for timeframe. it should be well after fo76 but well before fo1. i feel that would be the best as that timeframe hasnt been explored too much and so it could provide more freedom for the devs to test new ideas and see what sticks.

The Next fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next fallout   The Next fallout Empty

Back to top Go down

The Next fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1