Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein Superpele boom money gauss Reforged machine NPCs mandalorian vault Mask body power Gear boomers marvel Overhaul Call Ryse riot dead commonwealth daryl ghoul khan hunk
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Yes, I love the new Idea!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap30%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 27 ]
No, But if we do. We riot!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 10 ]
If there were options...maybe
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap51%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 51% [ 46 ]
Calm down! Your character won't be voiced.
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 91

AuthorMessage

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Well in the female PC's case, just mod her to reply with things Jack would say! closed eyes smile

But the most realistic answer will be to create a mod that silences the PC Voice type.
Back to top Go down
wotan

wotan

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Voiced or not voiced protagonist is no big deal to me. It seems games generally go with the voiced option these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladymoiraine.com/forum/index.php?board=334.0
FieldPyro

FieldPyro

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Its a meh idea that a lot of people are mixed about. But if you dont like the talking protagonist, Im sure mods will be able to fix that. TongueTril

MomoTheTerminator

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:06 pm

Svide wrote:
NKR2015 wrote:
Honestly, the voice would kill the immersion for me. Seriously I'd rather just have no voice for my character than have a voice GIVEN to me. That would be insufferable for the countless hours I would be playing that game.

I totally agree, I want to play as "myself" It's like me playing as bethesda's character and not mine. And Knowing that Troy baker pulled that one liner at the end of the trailer I know for a fact that he'll be your voice.

its not troy baker its brian t.delaney

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:10 pm

I do not believe it is a big deal in the first place. However, it probably isn't hard to just add an option/mod to force first person and turn off voice in dialogue if you really hate it that much. Seems some people are blowing this a bit out of proportion. I mean, is a voiced character really going to ruin the game? No, but I can still understand that some would prefer a silent character for RP/Immersion reasons. Personally, I don't care whether the PC has a voice or not, but each to his/her own of course Smile
Back to top Go down
ayylmao22

ayylmao22

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:02 am

If they don't have Russian accent that goes "ANUU CHEEKI BREKKI IV DANKE" and a stereotypical German accent it will be dumb. As having multiple voice options allows for more immersion for your character.

Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 4:22 am

I'm fine with having a voiced protagonist in an RPG. I believe Todd Howard himself said something along the lines of "If this was any other game franchise, you would expect a voiced protagonist." This is opens the doors to a new player base, possibly making even more Fallout fans.

"But every other Fallout game has had a silent protagonist." True, but those games are part of an older generation. If Fallout wants to compete with the big kids in the gaming industry, Bethesda has to adapt, which I think they're doing really well.

rusty corkscrew

Location : A little island nation near Australia, you probably haven't heard of it.

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 5:14 am

I like having voiced protagonists; I actually find silent protagonists irritating, with dumb one sided conversations. The thing with Fallout/ TES, however, is that the protagonist does have a voice, but your dialogue selections aren't voiced, so you have to sort of imagine it. I would like this new system they've got going if there are a few voice options to choose from, but I suspect that will never be the case. Still, it's not a deal breaker for me, chances are high I'll grow to accept it and enjoy the game regardless.
Back to top Go down
MikeLefner

MikeLefner

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 6:20 pm

As it was said before, I am for the option of multiple voices. I don't like the idea of having one voice for all races, that seems a little bit strange. Other than that I don't mind that they decided to give the main character a little bit of backstory. Regardless I think that the modders will find a way around it.
Back to top Go down
Panther

Panther

Character sheet
Name: Panther
Faction: Third Echelon
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 6:36 pm

You know, I'm absolutely fine with the player voice, but I'd love there to be a pitch changer like in Saints Row 4 because having the same voice for every different character you create would really kill different playthroughs as different types of characters. If not, guess there's always a clever modder out there who'll figure out how to make your characters silent.

I am willing to play as a voiced character, however like I just mentioned, I would still like a mute mod for future playthroughs. There's also the fact one of my New Vegas characters was a continuation of my Fallout 3 character, just 10 years older, and at some point I want to put him in Fallout 4, and continue his story through an alternate beginning mod.

There are a lot of interesting opinions people have written so far, some I agree with others I do not.

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 C526F98F6AAB6F0A5F3FF69ABE3EF31E8FFAABB2

Back to top Go down
Billythekid6120

Billythekid6120

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 3:05 pm

I've personally wanted a voiced protagonist sense fo3. I'm tired of mute characters because I feel they're the standard/cheap way for the player to grow attached to the character, or to feel more immersed in some way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5