Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead money NPCs riot mandalorian upgrades hunk vault machine daryl body Reforged commonwealth khan Superpele boomers Call FCOM Gear wolfenstein space Ryse Mask marvel boom ghoul
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Yes, I love the new Idea!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap30%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 27 ]
No, But if we do. We riot!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 10 ]
If there were options...maybe
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap51%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 51% [ 46 ]
Calm down! Your character won't be voiced.
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 91

AuthorMessage
blablu

blablu

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Oh yeah. Awesome - can you imagine the voice actor questioning his life as he says the line "You give me candy?" or "You too tense. It wrinkle your nice face"? Could be interesting, could be utterly ridiculous. I think it would work better as intelligence increase however.

farts30

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 10:42 pm

I love Beth. Soft games because basically I can play as myself. I never roleplay (eg.evilcharacter)I just do what I would "normally" do for the situation or quest. Playing as a character always kills my emersion.

All the parties are formed. All the gangs are born. The Beast has been chosen. Who is going to win in the end? We'll set fire to the shore. We'll set fire to the sea. We'll set fire to the meadow. We'll bring this whole world to it's knees.
Back to top Go down
Svide

Svide

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 10:47 pm

fsufan23 wrote:
I dont really mind it but I don't think just cause he said 3 words in the trailer means he is gonna be voiced.

It's troy baker. He's the "Mr. I'm the voice of everyone". So he's more than likely to voice for us.
Back to top Go down
Decker2468

Decker2468

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:01 pm

I wouldn't mind if Bethesda adding a voice for the main character, it might be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
MartinFinnegan

MartinFinnegan

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:03 pm

I'd rather have him/her not speaking at all. Otherwise Fallout 4 wil lturn into another Mass Effect with a fixed voice for a main character.

Shadowvalor

Shadowvalor

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:15 pm

I think I'm a little on the fence with the idea.
I'm not opposed to the idea of my character being voiced. A few hours into the game and I'll be unconsciously supplanting my own voice in place of Troy Baker's. My issue is more with the amount of dialog that is included with Bethesda's usual games, and the not wanting to have any less of both the number of speaking NPCs and the options when talking to them. Having the PC voiced will double the amount of spoken dialog in the game.

falloutgods69

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:22 pm

I think it's a cool concept, but I hope it is like Saints Row where they give you multiple options for your voice. I don't wanna be stuck with the same voice for every play through that I have. The only other problem is the amount of dialogue that will now be in the game.
Back to top Go down
Svide

Svide

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 am

I keep hearing about options about saints row....Sure it'll be a pretty neat idea to choose the tone of your voice. But we're talking about fallout here. You know how many scripts you would have to read? getting a voice for one male and female is enough but the fact that bethesda will be getting serveral diffrent people to do it make me doubt it.

blablu

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:45 am

Yeah, voice options would be cool, but as I kinda mentioned earlier, that's still iffy. For the people that want to roleplay a COMPLETELY different character in each playthrough, two or three voice archetypes isn't really going to cut it. If there were options, my money would be on them being all essentially the same (manly man voices)... but then what's even the point of having options apart from being able to choose one which tickles your ears' fancy more than the others?

NC4545

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:54 am

I honestly don't think that there is going to be a voice. You guys should really trust bethesda. They know what they are doing. I have almost 100% certainty they will do this game right. The truth is all we can do is wait. Don't you worry fallout lovers... This game is in the hands of Bethesda. Give it time:)
Back to top Go down
SpaceLord21

SpaceLord21

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:35 am

I'll accept it, just make the protagonist Wes Johnson or Craig Sechler, I'll be fine. Dee Bradly Baker would be cool too. Can't think of any other cool voice actors at the moment.

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 This_is_useless_star_wars
Back to top Go down
threedog776

threedog776

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:46 am

Just because the guy in the trailer had a vaultsuit doesn't make him the main character. I mean when in a Bethesda trailer has there been the main character

Ryumera

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:06 am

The idea is cool, just I hope if it is real, and implemented into the game, they still let us have our dialogue freedom and not make the story linear in the lines we choose. And I guess if the voice ended up not so great to some, an option to turn the voice off would come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Niik Havod

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:38 am

I can see why a lot of fans may not like the idea of a voiced protagonist but I would not mind giving it a chance. As long as we still have the same freedom that we had in the past games it won't be a problem for me. Now, let's just hope the voice actor is a good one who doesn't sound like a robot. I do not want to play with a monotone voice!
Back to top Go down
BefitGlobe7012

BefitGlobe7012

PostSubject: What do you think there going to put in Fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 10:02 am

I just have one thing that I hope wont happen and that is a voice for the player I just don't want it to be different from the others fallout games like 3 and New Vegas it will make the game feel weird since they never did put it in the other games other than that I will be so happy to play the New Fallout Game Banana Dance
Back to top Go down
Svide

Svide

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 10:43 am

I already made thread on here and bethesda's forums and alot of people dont like the idea including me. But I learn to accepted it. You have to accepted change.

Sierran

Character sheet
Name: "Trooper"
Faction: NCR
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 6:26 pm

If there's going to be voices for the player character, We should be at least, able to change it or turn it off completely if the voice actors grind our gears or we prefer silent protagonists, Just my two cents.

Monstermen

Character sheet
Name: Jake Lord
Faction: independent
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 6:30 pm

We get what we get but like it said on the voting chart "it would be nice we had the option", that i can accepts because some people like me prefer of a more muted character, i don't want my character reacting to his/her environment. Though i must admit having a voice actor will make things more interesting.

We live with the change and we deal with the cards we get.

Never Be Afraid

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 G_u_n10
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/monstermen_111/
Tekkers

Tekkers

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 6:43 pm

An opportunity to voice out my opinion! Brilliant!

I don't believe there should be a voice actor, if there is, there should be an option to turn it off at best. Allow me to explain.

My character is a blank slate, a palette, for me to project my ideals, fantasies, and imagination onto. A silent protagonist allows for me to imagine what the character sounds like, and what the character would say in a particular situation.

Imagine it this way, If I wanted a Mexican character with a incredibly stereotypical accent, there's nothing stopping me. I have my imagination, right?

Also, having a singular voice to choose from is incredibly linear. If there was the option of having a voice actor, I think there should be multiple voices to chose from.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
Sultansmooth

Sultansmooth

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 10:08 pm

I really don't how to feel about this. I think only time will tell honestly, but I could see how this could kinda break the Fallout experience formula. Albeit, there could be many immersive ways to implement this feature without being too intrusive.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next