Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
October 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 7:26 pm

@gavin gold

New Vegas is at least justifiable in the sense the Gun Runners are pushing out factory new weapons they manufactured based off pre-war blueprints. While it is true most weapons tend to be wood and metal, composite materials aren't out of the equation entirely as they're not exactly rocket science to reproduce, especially when there's plenty of materials to recycle in the old world left behind in the post-apocalypse.

Plastics are one of those things that take decades or even centuries to degrade since they're not as bio-degradable like organic materials are so scavenging that kind of stuff wouldn't be too hard to believe since you can do the same in Fallout 4's scavenging system with all that useless junk items found in containers and such. That R700 linked in my previous post is also synthetic in Fallout 4, and arguably more tacticool in-game with its custom recoil compensating stock.

As for Fallout not using real life weapon names that's something that isn't really unique to Fallout as most games tend to do that to avoid paying gun manufactures royalties for using their trademark. MW2019 is a good example as almost every weapon in that game is not named after their real life counterpart. A good example would be the G36 rifles being called the 'Holger-26'.

I will agree though Halo is waaaaaay out of place in Fallout. Wolfenstein though isn't too out of place as far as art style goes. The only thing that is out of place are the Nazi symbols and whatnot, but other than that the art style in Fallout 4 and the art style in the modern Wolfenstein games are very similar with their retro-futurism.

A theme I noticed with modern Bethesda games, they all share a similar art style to them. Doom 2016/Eternal, Wolenstein II, Fallout 4... there's a little something in each of these games that wouldn't stick out when placed in one another's respective universe. Doom Guy and the BFG9000 in Fallout 4 is a good example. Granted they're based on the classic 90s design and not the modern Doom Slayer but still. That said Doom Eternal at least the weapon designs were inspired by the classics as well such as the Plasma Rifle. That big bulky sonnuvabitch fits right at home in Fallout imo. I can deff see it being some kind of Enclave post-war design if it existed in Fallout universe.

sigmaceti

Character sheet
Name: Shepard
Faction: Lone Wanderer
Level: Unimportant

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am

well I limit my F4 game to 55 mods and when something new coms I just decide that I will delete one mod and I don't think that too many mods ruins a game, what I think is that mods enhance the experience (for me at least) and give you more stuff to work with but at a same time I prefer some games without mods, like Far Cry games, I would never and will not ever use mods to play those games but that is my opinion

Legião

Character sheet
Name: Victor
Faction: Italian Mafia
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 2:46 pm

I Agree with your opinion. it's like that quote i've seen in youtube: ''There's a fallout in your mods''.

Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 5:44 pm

The true experience was never realized in its vanilla state, the devs were always clear about that. They needed more time. The devs even made their own mods to help create the vision they'd wanted, like Jsawyer's mod. The "pure" experience as a synonym for vanilla just doesn't add up with New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet
Name: Neo
Faction: Highest Bidder
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:36 pm

Too many of the "wrong" mods ruin the game. If you know how to pick great mods then you game can only get better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2