Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs commonwealth riot Superpele body wolfenstein machine FCOM mandalorian daryl dead boom boomers Gear khan hunk space Mask marvel upgrades Call ghoul money vault Reforged Ryse
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 4:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 7:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 2:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 2:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 2:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

» Late Introduction
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm

» Greetings!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:37 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Yes, I love the new Idea!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap30%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 27 ]
No, But if we do. We riot!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 10 ]
If there were options...maybe
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap51%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 51% [ 46 ]
Calm down! Your character won't be voiced.
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 91

AuthorMessage
outlawcowboy88

outlawcowboy88

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:18 am

Personally I would prefer a voiceless protagonist for immersion reasons, a voiced protagonist would imply that the protagonist would have its own unique personality instead of the one that the player creates. But I suppose we will find the answer to this at e3 presentation.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSix

ChicagoSix

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:25 am

I feel like a character voice would prove problematic for mods, just because there would be no easy way around that immersion break (just a little nitpick of mine). Still, I like the fact that Bethesda are trying to improve and innovate their games.

I wonder if there will be a list of character voices to choose from, or if there will be the standard male and female voicesets?
Back to top Go down
tehuitzaldebamf

tehuitzaldebamf

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:00 am

No, however, if they released a pack of multiple voices I wouldn't mind. You could still customize your character at that point, and many dedicated modders might release their own voice mods as a plus. However, I've always enjoyed giving my character their own voice, and the feel would be ruined by someone else's image of the character instead of mine.
Back to top Go down
farts30

farts30

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:09 am

Voices it is, but only two.

All the parties are formed. All the gangs are born. The Beast has been chosen. Who is going to win in the end? We'll set fire to the shore. We'll set fire to the sea. We'll set fire to the meadow. We'll bring this whole world to it's knees.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Funshine

Funshine

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Generally speaking I like the idea of a voiced character - BUT it has do be done well.

In Fallout it's difficult to work with a voiced character, because If you decide you are a hateful person, pick the appropriate answer in the dialogue but what comes out of your characters mouth is completely off key.

If you play with low intelligence all your lines have to be recorded in a "retarded" manner.

Also: Any mods where you talk to someone - might be weird.

Last but not least: It breaks Immersion for those of us who wish to roleplay with the character.

EDIT: best thing would be to give us the option of turning it off and on.
Back to top Go down
Sierran

Sierran

Character sheet
Name: "Trooper"
Faction: NCR
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:13 pm

As a matter of fact, I'm going to take a complete U-Turn on what I said earlier IF Brian Bloom plays a male voice in it, He did a voice in Bioware's "Star Wars the Old Republic" as the Male Trooper and I fell in love with his voice, (No homo, I swear.) It's rugged enough to be plausible but not too rugged so it doesn't sound like someone's sandpapering your ears off.

patriotickevin

Character sheet
Name: Kevin
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 17.76

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Well it depends, in the case of Mass Effect, I liked the idea since there was a definitive character set for you already which meant I'd just be following the story, in Fallout not so much since there isn't a set character, I played as if I was the Lone Wanderer/ Courier etc, and that's how I enjoyed Fallout, this let me get really immersed into the game, now that there's a voiced protag, I'm not sure if I can do that like the others.

H3nryBoy

H3nryBoy

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 pm

The game is allready changing pretty much everything so Im fully embracing the chance

Im on the voiced character side here

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 12:13 am

So done. Not only they've made the female character sound like a typical happy housewife, but also they have killed all the roleplay. Me and game's family relationships never go well, just not my style. So probably not going to play FO4 till someone makes a mod which solves such disaster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 12:38 am

KrizalidBrando wrote:
So done. Not only they've made the female character sound like a typical happy housewife, but also they have killed all the roleplay. Me and game's family relationships never go well, just not my style. So probably not going to play FO4 till someone makes a mod which solves such disaster.

I take it you missed the whole 'your character is the only survivor' bit?  So why care if she's happy, or if he is?  They won't be after the opening portion of the game.
Back to top Go down
Delineator

Delineator

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 1:15 am

I think the difficult part of having voice-acting implemented by the developers is that it's not necessarily the voice that you want the PC to have. What if your character is someone of Scottish descent? Are they going to be stuck with a flat American (e.g., no accent at all) accent? I mean, yeah, having a voiced character is nice, but only if it's done right. It's not a deal-breaker for me, I'd just rather not have a feature forced on me that could be a real immersion-breaker if it's not implemented properly.

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 1:23 am

I'm in the opposite boat: it breaks my 'immersion' to walk around playing as a mute pair of hands and a gun. In games where no one speaks I get it, but in a world of speaking NPCs, it drives me insane to click text like some game from 15 years ago.

I totally understand both sides of the argument, and so I think there should be options for each party: an option to mute the player character for people who dislike it, but also voiced dialogue for those of us who want it.

Back to top Go down
ChicagoSix

ChicagoSix

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 1:24 am

Delineator wrote:
I think the difficult part of having voice-acting implemented by the developers is that it's not necessarily the voice that you want the PC to have. What if your character is someone of Scottish descent? Are they going to be stuck with a flat American (e.g., no accent at all) accent? I mean, yeah, having a voiced character is nice, but only if it's done right. It's not a deal-breaker for me, I'd just rather not have a feature forced on me that could be a real immersion-breaker if it's not implemented properly.

I'm sure that the progress made by modders towards Player Voicesets in previous Bethesda games will aid us in the creation of custom player voice packs, (which may become a staple for large content mods for Fo4).

it's another reason why I hope you can select from a group of different voices.

If not, I suppose I'll have to invest in a good microphone and start recording for Fallout 4 so all the mods don't go voiceless
Back to top Go down
Tekkers

Tekkers

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 1:27 am

Isn't the freedom of choice such an amazing thing? To dictate your own play style, and how you want to play the game, to your own accord, is seemingly brilliant. If, that is, they included that option. But there's nothing mods can't fix. Some people might like the voice, others may not.

I'm going to stay in the middle ground. It's hard to judge how irritating/pleasing something will be in a video game without actually playing the video game, atleast, when it comes down to minor details.

I know this is quite hypocritical, as I stated earlier that I was against a voiced protagonist. But hey, opinions change.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Tekkers on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
Sentience

Sentience

Character sheet
Name: The Lone Courier
Faction: Independent
Level: 41 /50

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 1:28 am

From the E3 showing, I didn't like how the male character had comments on things when clicked on. He honestly sounded kind of douchey at first, but then I realized I only was against it because we've never had that feature before in Fallout games.

I guess it might grow on me, as I never minded when characters in other games spoke when I played as them. If those are the only two voices of the male and female characters available, it'll be kind of weird still because it doesn't fit some of the visuals they were cycling through in the E3 demo IMO.

Time will tell, but I voted #3, for the idea of an option. Options are always nice.

Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:01 am

Tesvixen wrote:
KrizalidBrando wrote:

I take it you missed the whole 'your character is the only survivor' bit?  So why care if she's happy, or if he is?  They won't be after the opening portion of the game.
The thing is, we go back to the "Hi, son/daughter" point, but now it's "Hi, wife/husband/honey", The Sims edition. New Vegas was a huge improvement for me. I didn't like FO3 exactly for that. It took a while before I could play as anybody else but Dovahkin in Skyrim, because I didn't like to be the "chosen one". It's not immersive, it kills the variety of things in my head. A strong no-no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 5:46 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/23/fallout-4-lead-voice-actors-revealed?abthid=558950f2db0229b51a000004

For those wondering, Courtenay Taylor (Jack from Mass Effect 2/3) voices the female player character, and Brian T. Delaney voices the male version. He's not as prolific/known as she is, but he's done a few games (including Halo 5, it seems).
Back to top Go down
mindstormer

mindstormer

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:04 pm

I really wonder how modders will implement their new dialoge. It seems strange to hear a different voice than the original voice of the voice actor, and imho it will be gamebreaking. Does anyone have a possible solution for this problem? (I don't know if anyone else thinks this is a problem)

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next