Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel boomers khan hunk Metal Ryse vault wolfenstein Superpele mandalorian port money dead body riot Reforged Mask commonwealth leon machine boom NPCs brotherhood Gear power ghoul
Latest topics
» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:25 am

» [FO4] Doom 2016 models as replecement.
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby SpaceRanger Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:12 am

» [FO4] Secret Service armor, helmet headlamp
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby fossaceca17 Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:19 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:28 am

» The Next fallout
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:25 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:21 am

» Afterlife discord
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby Willaemann Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:44 pm

» What happened to Outlawer's pack 1?
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby Trappy82 Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:17 am

» Greetings
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby septron Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:49 am

» Starfield
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby jaypak Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:56 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby RockstarAC16 Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:19 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Fri May 31, 2024 12:02 am

» Hello everyone. Looking to add classic Fallout in FO4
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu May 30, 2024 11:53 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby SpookyGeist Wed May 29, 2024 9:39 am

» XHX Discord server.
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby TheGoodKoosh Sat May 25, 2024 6:25 pm

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby nickenicole47 Sat May 25, 2024 4:05 am

» What's your favorite weapon in the Fallout Series
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby FellowHumanOfOutpost31 Thu May 23, 2024 12:32 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby keelordd Wed May 22, 2024 3:53 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 7:40 pm

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 76 Announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 pm

@drunkenSocrates

That is good to know.

Thanks.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 10:50 pm

grrrrrr its multiplayer this is not going to bode well. No mention of a story, pretty much a giant walking simulator, no mention of mods, making it if you do not play with friends you just wonder around kill stuff and that is the extent of it. Mods will be done exclusively by Bethesda in the creation club that you will have to buy. No private mods, this is going to really bite honestly.

Last edited by donta1979 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rooxcz

rooxcz

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Rip single player, rip free mods, rip decent story. But it might be fun to play with friends in fallout at least Skeptic
Back to top Go down
Nicks

Nicks

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Ripped this from the website, figured some may want it!!!

Awesome pic:

Back to top Go down
beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Multiplayer is fine, especially if it's not forced onto the player. Not a fan of the concept that the player decides who are the villains and heroes of their story. To me this states laziness to not write a coherent plot line. What exactly will the end goal be? Build a house and wait for some random troll to blow it up? We already see the toxicity of what an online FNV brings.

I can't imagine Bethesda dropping mod support. The paid mod fiasco was one thing, but to back-stab the community that has supported their games for so long tirelessly seems really unlikely.

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 11:48 pm

beardofsocrates wrote:
Multiplayer is fine, especially if it's not forced onto the player. Not a fan of the concept that the player decides who are the villains and heroes of their story. To me this states laziness to not write a coherent plot line. What exactly will the end goal be? Build a house and wait for some random troll to blow it up? We already see the toxicity of what an online FNV brings.

I can't imagine Bethesda dropping mod support. The paid mod fiasco was one thing, but to back-stab the community that has supported their games for so long tirelessly seems really unlikely.

The single player will be weak, it is focused on playing with people exploring and settlements. Single player will just be going around gathering resources, doing settlement type quest build one here, and exploration. That will be the jest of it.
Some modder is going to be pissed one that codes, and watch they will make a hack that will set those nuke silos off and blast players to the server into oblivion to troll the hell out of Bethesda with grief. It will be a settlement, exploring, walking simulator=/

Since Multiplayer is its core that means no personal mods other than some interface changes. Bethesda will not host what is on here or the nexus on their servers so everyone has the same mods. Now the creation club a test bed for all this yes they will have something like that and will micro transaction us to hell and back. I said this day was coming.

At this point Bethesda does not care about the community. They care about the Benjamin's or money. That is where their loyalty is. Look what happened the community made Valve bow. They didn't make Bethesda bow and here we are the creation club in both their latest four editions of their games. They gave the middle finger. Then the Ultimate troll happened at E3 with the dead horse, and Todd's own troll of his games work no bugs. He does not deal with them once the game really launches because they know the community always took care of them. But it shows he does not give a flying flip about the community. He cares about bringing in the cash, money changes most people, so do ego's. Bethesda already showed they don't give a flip about the community if they did paid mods in the creation club would not be a thing. Nor would had Todd double trolled people tonight. Just saying.

beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 am

donta1979 wrote:
beardofsocrates wrote:

The single player will be weak, it is focused on playing with people exploring and settlements. Single player will just be going around gathering resources, doing settlement type quest build one here, and exploration. That will be the jest of it.
Some modder is going to be pissed one that codes, and watch they will make a hack that will set those nuke silos off and blast players to the server into oblivion to troll the hell out of Bethesda with grief. It will be a settlement, exploring, walking simulator=/

Since Multiplayer is its core that means no personal mods other than some interface changes. Bethesda will not host what is on here or the nexus on their servers so everyone has the same mods. Now the creation club a test bed for all this yes they will have something like that and will micro transaction us to hell and back. I said this day was coming.

At this point Bethesda does not care about the community. They care about the Benjamin's or money. That is where their loyalty is. Look what happened the community made Valve bow. They didn't make Bethesda bow and here we are the creation club in both their latest four editions of their games. They gave the middle finger. Then the Ultimate troll happened at E3 with the dead horse, and Todd's own troll of his games work no bugs. He does not deal with them once the game really launches because they know the community always took care of them. But it shows he does not give a flying flip about the community. He cares about bringing in the cash, money changes most people, so do ego's.  Bethesda already showed they don't give a flip about the community if they did paid mods in the creation club would not be a thing. Nor would had Todd double trolled people tonight. Just saying.

I totally agree with you that the single player will likely be unfulfilling, especially how other titles in the genre have shown, but I still have hopes for modding.

I might not be grasping the whole concept as well as you, but a common feature in RTS games I've played is that any player lacking a mod, the same to the host would be booted from the server till they had the exact same setup. I wonder if a similar in-game checking system can be established where the player opens up their world to others, so as long as those players share the same mod.

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 am

beardofsocrates wrote:
donta1979 wrote:
beardofsocrates wrote:

At this point Bethesda does not care about the community. They care about the Benjamin's or money. That is where their loyalty is. Look what happened the community made Valve bow. They didn't make Bethesda bow and here we are the creation club in both their latest four editions of their games. They gave the middle finger. Then the Ultimate troll happened at E3 with the dead horse, and Todd's own troll of his games work no bugs. He does not deal with them once the game really launches because they know the community always took care of them. But it shows he does not give a flying flip about the community. He cares about bringing in the cash, money changes most people, so do ego's.  Bethesda already showed they don't give a flip about the community if they did paid mods in the creation club would not be a thing. Nor would had Todd double trolled people tonight. Just saying.

I totally agree with you that the single player will likely be unfulfilling, especially how other titles in the genre have shown, but I still have hopes for modding.

I might not be grasping the whole concept as well as you, but a common feature in RTS games I've played is that any player lacking a mod, the same to the host would be booted from the server till they had the exact same setup. I wonder if a similar in-game checking system can be established where the player opens up their world to others, so as long as those players share the same mod.

You have to listen to his words, the single player is not really single player, its solo play he did say it and it would be 100% online. So you can solo play it will be cool at first until you start running into the greifers and hackers that will ruin your day. Watch there will even be hacks to make those missile silos attack on command and be able to launch over and over or a way to activate them without even going into them taking control. Then the Player Killer groups that will just do that for the LuLz.

YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 12:58 am

Honestly not sure how I feel about this. If I can't mod the game or just play by myself or with 2 friends... idk. I need to see and hear more info before it comes out.

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 5:16 am

Personally, I was really worried about multiplayer, but the conference calmed my fears.

I honestly think that Fallout 76 will be great, in spite / because of multiplayer.

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
Carnall1

Carnall1

Character sheet
Name: Otis B. Driftwood
Faction: Home Army
Level: 10

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 5:48 am

Well there was no surprise:  F76 is going to be a multiplayer game loosely connected to classic Fallout games. Have to admit that it  looks relay beautiful and solid  but so what if there is even less 'fallout' then it was in Fallout 4.

Looks like the only things left from fallout are vaults and power armors. Thats all. Weapons, locations, monsters/creatures, fractions etc all seem to be gone. First thing to came to my mind after watching E3 presentation was that its multiplayer Stalker a.d 2018 placed in US with option to build some stupid settlements. Yes i know that they have to move forward with new elements but these are the things witch makes Fallout a Fallout and make it unique.
And i cant imagine this game could have decent 'fallout' story and quests (although Bethesda made us use to the poor writing already) being a multiplayer so probably solo campaign will be weak as hell and pointless to play it alone. Seriously Bethesda? Vault again? Third time? Couldnt they come out with a little bit different beginning?  I wonder whom the protagonist will be after this time? His "father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate?"

I know i am always b****g about Bethesda's vision of Fallout, i know that without Bethesda Fallout would be dead years ago and we would never had a chance to play absolutely amazing NV but every time Bethesda announces new game, deep inside i believe it will be great like NV and  every time i get kick in my face. And that hurts.  Yes: i am a fossil who grew up on old fallout hence my butthurt
Back to top Go down
RangerGUN

RangerGUN

Character sheet
Name: Connor
Faction: Yes Man
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 6:07 am

Carnall1 wrote:
Well there was no surprise:  F76 is going to be a multiplayer game loosely connected to classic Fallout games. Have to admit that it  looks relay beautiful and solid  but so what if there is even less 'fallout' then it was in Fallout 4.

Looks like the only things left from fallout are vaults and power armors. Thats all. Weapons, locations, monsters/creatures, fractions etc all seem to be gone. First thing to came to my mind after watching E3 presentation was that its multiplayer Stalker a.d 2018 placed in US with option to build some stupid settlements. Yes i know that they have to move forward with new elements but these are the things witch makes Fallout a Fallout and make it unique.
And i cant imagine this game could have decent 'fallout' story and quests (although Bethesda made us use to the poor writing already) being a multiplayer so probably solo campaign will be weak as hell and pointless to play it alone. Seriously Bethesda? Vault again? Third time? Couldnt they come out with a little bit different beginning?  I wonder whom the protagonist will be after this time? His "father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate?"

I know i am always b****g about Bethesda's vision of Fallout, i know that without Bethesda Fallout would be dead years ago and we would never had a chance to play absolutely amazing NV but every time Bethesda announces new game, deep inside i believe it will be great like NV and  every time i get kick in my face. And that hurts.  Yes: i am a fossil who grew up on old fallout hence my butthurt

There's nothing with being "butthurt" over Bethesda's treatment of the Fallout series. The first two are excellent because how well written they are, Bethesda's are just a poor man's version of Fallout. It would be brilliant if Bethesda created a great Fallout game (it doesn't need to be as good as New Vegas, just good) and treated the older titles with respect but they don't.
And anyway, New California, The Frontier, Fallout 4 Miami, Cascadia, Molten Clouds Fallout 2 in New Vegas mod and Fallout 2 Van Buren are coming soon, they all look great and look as if they'll stick to what made the older Fallout's great which Bethesda fails to emulate. So you can look forward to these.

Also, "father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate" nice Spaceballs reference.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5M7SmqSLkPA7pufjgV00Vw?view_as
Carnall1

Carnall1

Character sheet
Name: Otis B. Driftwood
Faction: Home Army
Level: 10

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 6:13 am

RangerGUN wrote:
...And anyway, New California, The Frontier, Fallout 4 Miami, Cascadia, Molten Clouds Fallout 2 in New Vegas mod and Fallout 2 Van Buren are coming soon, they all look great and look as if they'll stick to what made the older Fallout's great which Bethesda fails to emulate. So you can look forward to these.

Wow wasnt aware about them except of New California and Frontier. Thx for the tip will dig on that. maybe these (plus Wasteland 3) would soothe the pain.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
wealthywyatt

wealthywyatt

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 6:35 am

I could care less about fallout at this point. I'm always excited to see graphics and upgrades and new shit. But always online??? Always online?? really?? Saints row did it better, the forest did it better, borderlands(CANT WAIT) did it better . The division tried that shit and it failed!!! Drop in Co-op is the only way to play. Online games are filled with petty individuals. I had this same issue with red dead redemptions online. Random players  destroying the fun me and my brother were having. I just want to mod and play coop after my 14hr days at work. Not come home and be forced to sign onto a game with players that's been playing the whole 14hrs I've been working. When the hype died in fallout 4 I realize that the only good fallout games to me were fo3 and NV .. fallout 4 was a partial success for me, it only succeeded to me because of the mods!! Bethesda has screwed up so bad for me that Without mods and the modding community the fallout series is NOW useless. I'd rather play NV and fo3 and Skyrim with the endless mods that the modding community has created. So I stand with the modding community and I always will. if they are against fallout 76 then I am so. PERIOD. #MODout

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 6:57 am

@Carnall1 @RangerGUN I couldn't agree more mates, we can't expect a good Fallout if it comes from Todd Howard and Pete Hines, i already can see the shitstorm coming.

Trentosss

Trentosss

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 7:08 am

If Bethesda ruins Fallout by making this online only, which probably means no third party mods, I will probably need to find a new favorite series. Cause Fallout will be dead to me.
Back to top Go down
zodiac213

zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 7:34 am

To be honest,I highly doubt that 76 will support third party mods,or mods of any kind. From what I could discern from the showcase,the multiplayer servers will be hosted by Bethesda or some second party,which would eliminate the "minecraft" method of multiplayer mods,where the server host downloads a set of mods and anyone could join the server if they also installed those mods. They could go the route of implementing Creation Club into 76,but I feel as if that would be far too much hassle for them to even consider it and will probably just stick to "this is how the game launched and this is how you're gonna play it." Anyways,it looks like it could be fun if you have friends to play it with as a casual multiplayer game;and if that's what you like,more power to you. Unfortunately for me,not what I want from a Fallout game so I'll either stick with New Vegas or go back to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 am

I guess that's it for me, I'm not going to waste any more thoughts for Fallout 76. Fallout 4 was OK tier at most and only played it through once, then I got bored of it. Fallout 76 is not going to be different. Besides, I want to play Fallout as single player only. The multiplayer is ruining it for me, maby it's too early to say this, but I'm really sceptical about the multiplayer being good.

If they add Creation Club and microtransactions as well to that game, then I'm out for good. Bethesda did the Fallout series the same as Ubisoft did for Heroes of Might and Magic (add your own favourite game series which went downhill), they ruined it. Change is good, but only to a certain point. I really like the other fallout games, Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, they good games. After that something went wrong.

I can't wait for Fallout: New California and Fallout: The Frontier. More hyped of those two than the offical Fallout release, haha.

guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 am

While Fallout 76 is not my cup of tea for now. I am more looking forward to Elder Scrolls 6 which was teased by Bethesda - I'm guessing that it's High Rock but I could be wrong. The one thing that I would love and appreciate is the Workshop mode from FO4 - imagine building your own house/city/fortress in TES 6. Moving your family there, hiring 'guards' (they could be legion or local militia). Very Happy

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 am

The downward spiral of Bethesda:

2008: Bethesda release Fallout 3 to critical acclaim, reinvents the franchise, recieves many GOTY awards and is considered to be one of the best games to release that year, if not, in the last decade. The game attracted many new fans to the franchise, and laid the base for New Vegas and 4 to improve on.

2010: Bethesda let Obsidian create New Vegas, which also was critically acclaimed, although it had a pretty rocky launch. New Vegas is now considered the best Fallout game by a large number of fans. People still play and mod the game eight years on, and the game has a large cult following and has become a modern classic.

2015: Bethesda release Fallout 4, their most successful game ever. Despite this, it also is considered to be pretty lacklustre by much of their fanbase, but overall, it is undisputably one of the best games to release in 2015. Much of it is pretty mediocre, but forgivable.

2018: A Multiplayer game that ignores every criticism of 4, spits in the face of Fallout fans, reveals Bethesda to be utter hypocrites (#SavePlayer1?) and loses the hype of players before it has even released.

I would honestly be more happy with a Fallout 3 Aniversary release. At least then I could look at Fallout the same way again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 76 Announced

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next