Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers power Gear body marvel leon ghoul vault riot Metal hunk Ryse brotherhood commonwealth Reforged port Superpele khan boom NPCs Mask wolfenstein dead money mandalorian machine
Latest topics
» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:25 am

» [FO4] Doom 2016 models as replecement.
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby SpaceRanger Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:12 am

» [FO4] Secret Service armor, helmet headlamp
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby fossaceca17 Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:19 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:28 am

» The Next fallout
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:25 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:21 am

» Afterlife discord
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby Willaemann Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:44 pm

» What happened to Outlawer's pack 1?
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby Trappy82 Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:17 am

» Greetings
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby septron Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:49 pm

» Starfield
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby jaypak Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:56 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby RockstarAC16 Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:19 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Fri May 31, 2024 4:02 am

» Hello everyone. Looking to add classic Fallout in FO4
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Fri May 31, 2024 3:53 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby SpookyGeist Wed May 29, 2024 1:39 pm

» XHX Discord server.
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby TheGoodKoosh Sat May 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby nickenicole47 Sat May 25, 2024 8:05 am

» What's your favorite weapon in the Fallout Series
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby FellowHumanOfOutpost31 Thu May 23, 2024 4:32 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby keelordd Wed May 22, 2024 7:53 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 11:40 pm

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 76 Announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RangerGUN

RangerGUN

Character sheet
Name: Connor
Faction: Yes Man
Level: 50

Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Corvo wrote:
2008: Bethesda release Fallout 3 to critical acclaim, reinvents the franchise, recieves many GOTY awards and is considered to be one of the best games to release that year, if not, in the last decade. The game attracted many new fans to the franchise, and laid the base for New Vegas and 4 to improve on.

Kind of would like to say that Fallout 3 is one of the best games of the decade but after playing Fallout 1 and 2, getting back into New Vegas and watching H. Bomberguy's video, Fallout 3 is pretty much an awful game. It is interesting how it received game of the year when it was a complete buggy mess, had a boring story, awful RPG elements and it was a terrible sequel to Fallout 2. I will admit now that Fallout 4 was better than 3, though it's still pretty much a crap game still.
Not meaning to cause a heated argument, just thought I share my mind about this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5M7SmqSLkPA7pufjgV00Vw?view_as
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:09 pm

@RangerGUN

I’d recommend watching Many A True Nerd’s Fallout 3 Is Better Than You Think video. It really made me enjoy Fallout 3 much more after seeing hbomberguy’s video. I think hbomberguy’s video consists of a lot of nitpicks that make Fallout 3 seem worse than it is.

To a lot of people, 1 and 2 may be their choice over 3 but I always hold it in my heart as I do New Vegas, and to some extent, even 4, but I cannot ever see myself enjoying a multiplayer Fallout game, especially an MMO.
Back to top Go down
donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Corvo wrote:
The downward spiral of Bethesda:

2015: Bethesda release Fallout 4, their most successful game ever. Despite this, it also is considered to be pretty lacklustre by much of their fanbase, but overall, it is undisputably one of the best games to release in 2015. Much of it is pretty mediocre, but forgivable.

Actually and honestly Bethesda got their ass's handed to them by the CD Projekt Red's Witcher 3. In every aspect. FO4 only won game of the year at a smaller gaming award conference, the big one The Witcher 3 got it and beat Fallout 4 in every aspect and in awards.

Fallout 4 lacked story, RPG elements, Actions/Consequences it looked good was a nice step up. But that is about as far as it went. Once again the modding community came in and fixed a lot of what Bethesda messed up on.

PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 pm

RangerGUN wrote:
Corvo wrote:
2008: Bethesda release Fallout 3 to critical acclaim, reinvents the franchise, recieves many GOTY awards and is considered to be one of the best games to release that year, if not, in the last decade. The game attracted many new fans to the franchise, and laid the base for New Vegas and 4 to improve on.

Kind of would like to say that Fallout 3 is one of the best games of the decade but after playing Fallout 1 and 2, getting back into New Vegas and watching H. Bomberguy's video, Fallout 3 is pretty much an awful game. It is interesting how it received game of the year when it was a complete buggy mess, had a boring story, awful RPG elements and it was a terrible sequel to Fallout 2. I will admit now that Fallout 4 was better than 3, though it's still pretty much a crap game still.
Not meaning to cause a heated argument, just thought I share my mind about this.

Fallout 3 will always have a place in my heart. It's honestly a really good game, and people tha say it wasn't RPG enough are missing out on the environmental narratives going on all throughout the world. Honestly, NV only meant something once it had all its DLC, and even then despite it's excellent writing (which only became clearer after all the DLCs) do I still find it's environment lackluster in comparison to Fo3.

Carnall1

Character sheet
Name: Otis B. Driftwood
Faction: Home Army
Level: 10

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm

RangerGUN wrote:
Corvo wrote:

Not to mention that all Bethesdas Fallouts are missing this bloody awesome falloutish sense of humor and pop-cultural references which many fans loved so much. And of course moral ambiguity as well.
Back to top Go down
Chared945

Chared945

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Here's my list of grievances with this new info.

Always online - no mods, horrific lag, griefers.

Using 100 dedicated servers expecting dozens of players instead of hundreds per map. Crunch those numbers down and that comes out to 9600 people playing at once..... That's shamefully low.

No NPCs. "All humans you will encounter will be players." This can be interpreted in a number of ways. Maybe you'll be getting quests from Ghouls, Robots, or AI like the PA system that seems to be the Overseer of Vault 76. If that's the case expect radiant quests that would make Preston Garvey get frustrated over.

"You will be writing your own stories." - Meaning there is no story. We're talking RUST S.T.A.L.K.E.R kinda free form dump a bunch of people on a map and let them go nuts.

No consequences on dying. SO WHAT'S THE FREAKING POINT?????

Institute breed of Supermutants. So you're telling me that the dark orange super mutants that were made 200+ years after the bombs fell happen to be identical to the seemingly "first" super mutants 20 years after the bombs fell. And the super mutants that were created 25 years after this point by the master in Fallout 1 are just pushed aside for these more iconic dumb dumb mutants because they don't have to be written.

And more than anything.

Using Nukes on points of the map.

I'm sorry but this has lost the entire concept of fallout at this point. Those nukes that wrecked the world. Those were bad nukes. But these nukes you're using so you can get 30 caps and box of scrap. Yeah, those are good nukes.

This game is a massive middle finger to a Fallout fan and is applying to the lowest common denominator. Expect bugs, lag, and dwindling player population straight out of the gate.

Butt hurt over.
Back to top Go down
Brigamer

Brigamer

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Fallout 76 is definitely going to be a hard sell for me. The primary reason why is there were a few things in the gameplay trailers during the Bethesda Press Conference that gave me the wrong type of vibes.

Like for instance, Supermutants. Why? At first the only supermutant presence in the Fallout Games, were those created by the Master. Then there was vault 86 that was experimenting with the FEV to explain their presence in FO3. In FO4, the Institute apparently also had samples of the FEV and preceded to dump their ten-foot tall, angry and homicidal laundry out in the Commonwealth.

So what is the reason for their presence in 76?

Another concern of mine is gameplay design. Now a game that I've played off and on for about three years now is Ark: Survival Evolved. I bring up this title because, while it does have a local/singleplayer option, it's intended for multiple players to interact in a given server. The resource cost for building structures and other items is balanced as though a tribe of players are all contributing to these structures, therefore a solo player will take far longer to grind out the resources required to build.

So if Fallout 76 is based on a similar framework of gameplay design, I'll be greatly concerned over how bullet spongy enemies will be for solo players and how much cost will settlements have with resources compared to how readily available said resources are. Ark has config options for local/SP settings to change the rates for resources, so the players can balance the game to their needs, if Fallout 76 doesn't have some similar available option, then I feel that the singleplayer experience will be dogged down. Lastly, if players are forced to be online, I can just imagine what it'll be like for a typical Fallout solo player to spend weeks building his ideal settlement only to have Tim from somewhere else across the map drop a nuke on the player and make all that work for nothing.

Another note of concern is something rather close to myself: The characters.

For me one the major strong points of any Fallout title is to see how humanity has adapted to the wasteland. Whether it's the Brotherhood of Steel, The Enclave, The NCR, The Legion, The Minutemen, the common farmers, the Gunrunners, The Followers of the Apocalypse, the tribes of the Stripe, the various raider gangs, etc. All these factions bring their own ideals and beliefs that serve to enrich the settings. But if Todd "You can climb every mountain/It Just Works" Howard, the World's foremost expert snake-oil salesman, can be taken at his word. Then there won't be any new or returning factions. Just other players. Which I desperately hope I am proven wrong.

TLDR: If Fallout 76's core gameplay is built around multiple players, then the solo player experience may have an artificial difficulty curve, based on the game being balanced for multiple players working together. The presence of the Super-mutants...in a game set before Fallout 1...on the other side of the country... And finally, a concern with a lack of returning or new NPC factions for players to interact with.

Personally I hope I'm wrong about my thoughts on Fallout 76, but right now, I am going to keep a measured level of skepticism.

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 3:10 pm

It just seems that Fallout 76 is not going to be lore friendly.

And if I ever get my hands on this game, I will form a gang called The Enclave and cause ruckus all over the place. Join or die.

Primus_Daibhidh

Primus_Daibhidh

Character sheet
Name: Daibhidh of Salopia
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 4:43 pm

I'll keep it short. definitely won't be buying this game if private servers aren't a thing. I'm not putting hours into a settlement to have a griefer destroy it.

That combined with the unlikelihood of mod support is a massive turn off for me, meaning i likely won't buy it anyway.

Bring on Starfield!

Back to top Go down
war1915

war1915

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 5:09 pm

I'm more excited for the new DOOM and Rage 2 than Fallout 76. Fallout 76 is going to be a huge disappointment in my opinion. It's going to be focused on gear grinding, PVP, and settlement building. And I'm not a huge fan of settlement building. I understand that this is a spin-off and not the actual "Fallout 5" but c'mon, Bethesda did give the big middle finger to their long time fans. If this game was story-focused RPG with the option to have border lands styled drop in COOP I would've love that. But this nonsense with PVP and from how I understand "very few NPCs and Quests" is just a big slap to the face.

in a short forum, not going to buy this or even think about this game until I play the beta myself, and see actual launch gameplay and reviews. At this point my only hopes are in Starfield and TES6 which are going to be next-gen. From all this buzz at E3 so far im only truly excited for the new Metro: Exodus and Battlefield V.

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Did someone hit bethesda with the Stupid stick or something?!?!Big Slap
they know what Fallout fans want and they did the exact opposite!!
words fail to describe how angry i am about this whole thing Evil or Very Mad

donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 5:57 pm

gibons45 wrote:
Did someone hit bethesda with the Stupid stick or something?!?!Big Slap
they know what Fallout fans want and they did the exact opposite!!
words fail to describe how angry i am about this whole thing Evil or Very Mad

Its called Pete Hines and to top it off Todd Howard has a super inflated ego now. Look at how he said it just works last night essentially saying their games do always work and forgetting the past 16 years the only reason their games work and have been popular is been due to the modders fixing their stuff...

Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 6:19 pm

I'm disappointed, and I really don't play online games. I like being solo emerssed in my own imagination RPing my characters. I will NOT be purchasing FO76. This is a big FU to Fallout Fans. We just want more stories in more locations, not this poop. Give us Fallout New Orleans, or New York, not garbage. No Thanks, I'll pass.

Charles Price

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 6:24 pm

Severely disappointed in the Fallout 76 E3 announcement. While the game looks beautiful with its rural setting and....gaps of lore, it's nothing but a full priced Fallout 4 Multiplayer Patch/DLC. It's over, for now gang. We'll have to wait at least 4-6 years for another POSSIBLY justifiable Fallout game. Fallout 76 is just the test dummy. They'll decide if this is the future of Fallout depending on how much microtransactions they can reap in. It's back to the Mojave for me. Also Red Dead Redemption 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/c/charlespricetheyoutubechannel
Uptoon

Uptoon

Character sheet
Name: Atom
Faction: Royal Armoured Corps
Level: Probably high

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 6:25 pm

I'm pretty hyped for Fallout 76 honestly. It's a good change, and some of these new things that they're adding seem pretty badass.

I can't wait to load up a 4-player Co-op with some of my friends, and have fun together. I don't really get the fuss, there are lots of people within this thread throwing around (to put it blatant) stupid information. We've been given the smallest amount of information from Bethesda and Leakers, and already people are making up theories and portraying them to be correct.

Listen, everyone's free to make their own judgements at this point - however, I would urge you all to wait until the BETA before you start acting as if Fallout will die. Give the game a chance.

BagelVolcano

Character sheet
Name: Baby
Faction: I'm a driver...
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 7:58 pm

so since this is an online only Fallout...does that mean no mods at all for the game? I understand that it could be unfair to other players if you have high powered weapon mods and such, but a big reason why I love to play Bethesda Games Studio's games is for the modding community. The game does look like it could be fun, but worries me is the "questing" since every character you will see will be an actual player. I'm trying to be optimistic and I hope we get more details soon! Any one else feel the same??

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 8:11 pm

So from the recent interview they are committed to adding the ability to have a private world with the ability to mod it. The caveat being it won't be out with release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdYtulRRfDU

kazeem

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 9:02 pm

This release of Fallout 76 permits us to see how good the OTHER games will be ( Rage2, DMC5, Anthem, Cyberpunk…) Honestly I refuse to waste any minute on it. (full online stuff, pffffff……)

Splatter, splatter, splatter, gnnnniihhh and....SPLATTER!
Back to top Go down
Barbicide

Barbicide

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Honestly I couldn't care less. This game is not for me, it's for people who enjoy these sorts of shared worldspaces. I am kind of jealous of the new creatures though.. they look fun to kill lol
Back to top Go down
BagelVolcano

BagelVolcano

Character sheet
Name: Baby
Faction: I'm a driver...
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 pm

beardofsocrates wrote:
So from the recent interview they are committed to adding the ability to have a private world with the ability to mod it. The caveat being it won't be out with release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdYtulRRfDU

Where did you see the interview?? Could you send me the link please, I'd very much appreciate it!

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Fallout 76 Announced - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 76 Announced

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next