Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

_
October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Fallout 76 Announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 5:41 pm

To be the devil's advocate, there are a lot people who have wanted an online MMORPG Fallout game in the past, though I hope Bethesda realizes that there are a lot of people who only want a single player experience.

-I'm betting it has only an optional multiplayer component. Sort of like Borderlands, where you can open your world up to other players.

-After trumpeting the whole #SavePlayer1 slogan late last year, there's no way they can be that bald and foolish. Though maybe I can't hear the sweet little lies coming over the hills.

-To have it multiplayer only would toss aside all modding possibility. After dedicating so much support to community made content (albeit not in the best way), it wouldn't be a good move to forgo all of that.

celtic_spike

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 5:43 pm

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-rumored-to-be-an-online-survival-game/

exactly what i speculated it would be in the other thread. given that its 20 years after the war, and there will be very little civilization at this point, and RADS would be extremely high so soon after the war. That all screamed survival game to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 6:08 pm

I truly hope this game has some type of private server hosting if it is multiplayer, as that seems to be the only way for mods to be integrated outside of dlc type mods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fury

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 7:01 pm

I had to actually read the Kotaku article for myself and honestly it doesn't sound too bad. It should still have quests and a story, but will feature survival elements (survival mode?) and base building elements (settlements?), so in other words Fallout 4's New Vegas equivalence but with multi-player mechanics.

Despite all that though, I do feel the reactions we are seeing to this is another one of those mass overreactions that we tend to see now a days. But while it seems to be just that, the reactions are genuinely baffling to me as people have asked for co-op/multiplayer in Fallout and Elder Scrolls for a long time now but now that they might get that all hell has broken loose.

Honestly it just kinda makes me sad to see people acting like this even after the huge amounts of support for multiplayer based mods in New Vegas and Skyrim and even the outrage that happened when Bethesda intervened with the Skyrim one..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 7:30 pm

So according to the latest rumors,Fallout 76 is supposed to be survival building game with an online component. Not an mmo,but something along the lines of Rust. Don't know how I feel about this.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 pm

So is it going to be like Animal Crossing: Fallout Folk? If it's emphasizing around building and MP, that's what comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danieldefense

Character sheet
Name: GUN resident
Faction: Gaming Underground Network
Level: Loading...

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 8:39 pm

@ahyuser001It's like escape from tarkov, I said to myself, FINALLY A MILITARY OPEN WORLD !! and it turns out it's a PVP, I got rid of the illusions, I proposed opening simultean threads asking for singleplayer mode in the EFT forums.

I always ... I say long life to the singleplayer, I am a great defender of the singleplayer

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 8:47 pm

Only read the first page, sorry. Not sure what to expect, but my friend was thinking along the lines of a vault operation/creation type of set up. Don't know if that would be anything like vault 88. I never got to build vault 88. I'm good at adding stuff but building from scratch, I'm lost.

Online idea sounds possible too, or multiplayer? Hopefully something good.

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 9:30 pm

@ElMaldito

You have a point. I guess I'll just have to wait 2 weeks to know what kind of game this is.

@tehuitzaldebamf

Yup. Just read his twitter feed.

@Danieldefense

Well I am hoping that the "online"(meaning coop) aspect of this Fallout game is optional and not a requirement.

Also as stated in this thread, it would be weird to focus on multiplayer after their #saveplayer1.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 9:47 pm

Dammit, very disappointing. I've never seen an mmorpg that captures what I like about fallout. I haven't looked at the page, but I'm already imagining either Warcraft skinned as fallout, or close enough, or day z-ish shooting each other all day. We already have games like this, was a fallout skinned version of them that important?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibons45

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Kickass a new fallout game!
>Online multiplayer
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 11:22 pm

If this game is like Rust I will not be interested, if it is going to be an MMO I am defiantly not interested and it can go rot...

AAA Environment Artist & Modeler, US Army Combat Vet, Full Sail University Alumni
Back to top Go down
View user profile
momuse88

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 11:22 pm

If the online MP component is something like Dark Souls, where the game still has everything you'd want from a single player game, but there is a 10% part of the game that let's other players invade try and invade the settlements you build or something like that, I'd be okay with it. I'm definitely not interested in an MMO though.

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 11:48 pm

I have been wondering if the online component of this game will be like Borderlands but without the pre-created characters. Like a 2-4 man coop and your Vault wants you to go out and "reclaim" the wastes then you encounter stuff like raiders, kingdoms, monsters and stuff with quests.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Wed May 30, 2018 11:52 pm

A tl;dr for people who didn't read the Kotaku article or any videos covering said article,Fallout 76 is apparently going to be a spinoff game that focuses on base-building and survival mechanics and will have some sort of online/multiplayer component. Not an mmo per say,but online of some sort that hasn't been specified yet. The article also says that it will be similar to online survival crafting games like Rust and DayZ.

Edit:In terms of story,vault 76 was a control vault that opened up 20-25 years after the great war,so safe to say that the game would game be about the vault-dwellers coming out of their vault to 'reclaim' the wasteland as noted by the Reclamation Day banner seen in the teaser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level: ∞

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Thu May 31, 2018 12:00 am

The plan for a Fallout Online has been in the horizon for quite a long time now. Honestly, if it does come as an MMO like Rust it would make for an interesting world considering the amount of gangs, tribes, and huge factions in the universe. Imagine this scenario:

You can start the game as either a Raider, Vault Dweller, Khan, Brotherhood of Steel Initiate, etc. And you'll encounter other players of either similar or different factions and you can team up with them or kill each other off for supplies. It could work well, I just hope its not littered with loot boxes and subscription to keep playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.instagram.com/pancakeking_/
th3overseer

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Thu May 31, 2018 1:06 am

If it is some online multiplayer shit, then it's going to be pay-to-win up the ass. Infinitely worse than creation club, which is already ulcer-inducing. I can see it now: "Water for you vault/settlement/daycare will generate at a rate of one bottle per real-world day... OR, you could buy a pack of 25 bottles for one payment of $3.00! Having trouble with other players murdering you every second of every day, because that's what these sorts of games are all about? Well, for one payment of $5.99, you can suit up in your very own suit of power armor that will be rendered useless 24 hours after purchasing."

ElMaldito

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Blood Pack
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Thu May 31, 2018 2:36 am

>Pete gets on stage
>Todd nowhere in sight
>”We...uhhh are here to present F....Fallout 76...it’s uhhh...umm
>cursingunderbreath.gif
>”A Fallout Online Survival Game”
>Crowd totally silent
>Faint “what” in the background
>”Yeah...so you get to build settlements...you liked those right
>crowd unresponsive
>crickets getting louder
>Pete starts sweating nervously
>”We’re losing em. Shit, cut to Plan B, Now!”
>TODD HOWARD APPEARS IN A BURST OF SMOKE >ULTRAINSTINCTTHEMESONG.MP3
>IT JUST WORKS EVERYBODY
>CROWD LOSES THEIR GODDAMN MINDS
>76 MILLION COPIES PRE ORDERED
>SELLS OUT IN 24 HOURS

Caption by Vaultythedude https://www.instagram.com/vaultythedude/

Kek:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkstyler

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Thu May 31, 2018 3:01 am

I dunno what to think about all of this...we'll see...need more infos.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   Thu May 31, 2018 3:24 am

i´m happy to see that a new fallout is coming, but i hope for a new elder scrolls. it could be a fallout online game like eso. don´t know what i should thinking about it. i would say waiting for the e3 and hope for a good game. the setting should be very interessant, when it will be 25 years after the great war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 76 Announced   

Back to top Go down

Fallout 76 Announced

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-