Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
ghoul Overhaul money vault dead riot boomers commonwealth Gear Call Mask power Superpele machine mandalorian daryl wolfenstein hunk marvel gauss boom body khan Ryse Reforged NPCs
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
What keeps you playing Fallout? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What keeps you playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tgpomy

tgpomy

What keeps you playing Fallout? Empty
PostSubject: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:56 pm

I see mods that make me want to return to Fallout, but I find it hard to do so when I finally sit down in front of my PC. I want the best of both worlds (i.e. New Vegas and FO3), but that seems really complicated to me. Not to mention that is feels a bit clunky after playing Skyrim for so long. Now, Fallout is probably my favorite franchise, but I just have trouble going back to older games. So, what keeps you guys playing Fallout? I could use some real motivation to get back into it. I love the fantasy, beautiful Skyrim, but I miss the gritty, creepy, apocalyptic feel of Fallout.
Back to top Go down
MistTiger

MistTiger

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm

I have never left Fallout 3.  I watched my daughter playing it when she was home from college and immediately went out and bought it.  I watched her play New Vegas during another summer vacation and really didn't get into the storyline and factions.  That's just me, I know there are huge numbers of you out there who swear by New Vegas.  To each his own.  I have stayed playing Fallout 3 happily because of all the mods.  No game is ever the same.  I have a large collection of mods and am constantly looking for new ones.  Additional areas to explore and new quests keep the game interesting.  I enjoy and benefit from the creativity of the modders in the Fallout community. I can only dabble at modding and mostly just script kitty in the GECK. I like the mood of Fallout 3 and the mods keep me playing it.  Nothing says that you have to be loyal to just one game.  Load them all and play which one you are in the mood for.   Just my Opinion!!!! Cheers!!!!  V/R  MistTiger
Back to top Go down
Sklone

Sklone

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:28 pm

i love the feel it gives i still am discovering new things in new vegas and the mods make it fresh when it gets old so there always something new to do.

I used to be a field Scribe, a Deathclaw snapping my femur in half like a twig put an end to that.
Back to top Go down
pingasmonkey

pingasmonkey

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:00 pm

I've posted this in another topic, but what keeps me playing Fallout is role playing. For example, one of my current characters is an Ex-Enclave Special Operations Commander. He travels around the Mojave building the best team to fight off the worst that is thrown at them, eventually taking control over Vegas for the greater good.

He uses the vertibird transport from the Enclave Commander mod to get around the wasteland. The crew stays in the vertibird, along with all the weapons/armor. I play "Mass Effect style," as in I choose two team members to go with me into battle each time. Each person is different is their proficiencies, as well as personality. I also help each companion in their personal quest so that they will become loyal to me.

I find that if I roleplay a little bit, I have a lot more fun in Fallout and it keeps me playing longer.
The team:

GUN's Kanye

GUN's Kanye

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Honestly it has to be the mods and the community keeping fallout alive and well even without the release of fallout 4. The wasteland only seems to get better albeit a horrible situation in reality.

http://GamingIlluminaughty.com
asc_kel

asc_kel

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Honestly, Tale of Two Wastelands is what got me back into Fallout 3/NV since it combines both games together. Finding it very interesting to roleplay a character that starts in a DC vault and travels to the Mojave, with the option of going back and forth. Plus the mods out there (both my own and other people's) make it interesting.

Undeadsewer

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:07 pm

It definitely the mods. Fallout gets boring if you keep repeating the same plot with the same mechanics, etc. Plus, VGU's discussions about Fallout gets me interested to play again! TongueTril

Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:22 pm

The style it's in make's it for me. The dark humor, simplistic but intricate at the same time. I loved fallout 2 so much and its atmosphere and when i played fallout 3 It hit home for me with all the fallout 2 nostalgia. So I guess it all nostalgia and mentality for me.
Back to top Go down
TheBurgerKing14

TheBurgerKing14

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 5:02 am

Purely mods at this point. I've played both New Vegas and Fallout 3 multiple times doing all the quests, so mods definitely are the main thing that draw me back to playing it. Playing the vanilla game for so long will just ruin the game for me and cause me to not want to play it anymore.
Back to top Go down
bft90679

bft90679

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 5:21 am

Both FO3 and FONV, even TES4 and TES5, I always have a lot of characters.
Why? Well... The first reason is after finishing all the quests(side quests are included), there's nothing to do. Or, if there is/are some interesting mods, I would try them with current characters or new one. After that, when there's nothing special to play with, I just create another new character and play through all of the games again and again.
Since I started playing FO3, and I constantly playing with new character, I always find some unmarked side quests or locations. One of the reasons keeps me playing. Smile

Ah, and there is another reason for keep playing TES series - the books! Actually, there was once I read all of the books I've found and it took me a lot of time. TongueTril
Back to top Go down
RedAce35

RedAce35

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 5:31 am

The constant output of Mods on wonderful forums and networks such as this. I live for mods. It makes the game a helluva lot better. I simply cant play fallout without them. The possibilities are endless. One moment you could be roaming the mojave as Master Chief and beating freeside thugs to a pulp as batman the next.

perkz2010

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:38 am

What keeps bringing me back, what keeps making me reinstall? Its our world its what we make it no other game series except Elderscrolls can you do so much.

Yes there are games out there you can mod but no other gamemakers give you as much room to mod as Bethesda.

So why keep playing? Why come back? MY WORLD MY WAY!!!!

Kaylee Frye: That was six months ago, Cap'n.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: My ship don't crash. If she crashes, you crashed her.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: It should have been me that got hit.
Shepherd Book: The thought... had crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Eetterinakki

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:04 am

The mod tools and great base games basically guarantee endless content.

I've probably spent hundreds of hours on this game, as well as several playthrough.

And yet I've never even finished New Vegas.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
noodles1976

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 am

tgpomy wrote:
I love the fantasy, beautiful Skyrim, but I miss the gritty, creepy, apocalyptic feel of Fallout.

That statement pretty well sums it up for me. Sometimes I want to play a game set in a lush world of trees and bubbling streams, other times I want to shoot irradiated mutant cannibals in the face with a mini-nuke. What keeps me coming back to Fallout is the setting and the characters...it's hard to quantify the specific attributes of those two elements, but there is something there that makes it unlike any of the other games I've played. Additionally, the creative behind the production of all the mods that we use has enriched it even further. It's just a big, loud, dirty world to explore and make your own.

Most of all...it's just fun to play.

N~dles

Julum

Julum

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Mods. Otherwise, I would have abandoned these games a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
SayidJarrah

SayidJarrah

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Yeah without mods Fallout games would have faded away into the background a long time ago. The fallout games are quality but theres only so much you can do with the vanilla game so its good that modders help create ways for you to experience the game in a different and in my opinion a better way

Bloor1

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 6:18 pm

The never ending stream of new mods which completely change the gameplay and feel, the mod community never fails to disappoint me.
Back to top Go down
SuperDemonBoy15

SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet
Name: Crowder
Faction: FOJ
Level: 7812

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:11 pm

i'd say, Mods and the VGU

Try out my other Realism overhaul for New Vegas!

FNV-PROJECT REALISM
Back to top Go down
xtheoutcastedx

xtheoutcastedx

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:20 pm

The fact that you can do nearly anything. From driving cars, to creating guns, creating your own story, fighting a military and ever changing creatures we possess the tools (the GECK) to do anything. The Fallout community as in the Nexus and VGU also keeps me going with the game. Between the 600+ hours I have just on New Vegas, it's no surprise I keep going back.

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? Empty

Back to top Go down

What keeps you playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next