Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
upgrades ghoul commonwealth daryl khan money marvel Gear dead hunk boom riot FCOM boomers machine Mask mandalorian space Superpele wolfenstein Ryse NPCs Reforged body vault Call
Latest topics
» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby DHB00P Yesterday at 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby Aanus Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:39 am

» Greetings!
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» schorched enclave officer
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby Smash96 Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:58 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 pm

» hi i'm new person
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby Smellen D'generes Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:06 pm

» New person
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:06 am

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:44 am

» who here is a mandalorian??
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
TheThompsonBoss

What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Empty
PostSubject: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:32 am

Alright, I know right away people are gonna say this is kinda a pointless topic, which granted it is. However I am kinda curious. Alot of youtube videos have their characters set as females and on top of that most of them seem to be guys. Now first off let me say that I have nothing against using a female character whether you are a female or male. However it has sparked my curiosity so, I wanted to find out the majority. Please tell me which gender you prefer and why. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:43 am

I often (but not always) play as a female character when the option presents itself, and I have always used one in Fallout.

Oppositely, I have a level 100 male blood elf paladin in WoW, and I did a 2nd playthrough of ME2 with a ManShep because I wanted to see different relationship/romance choices.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:47 am

Always male. If game doesn't allow to create attractive male - I don't play this game. TongueTril
Why? Because I am female IRL, and I prefer males. So yep, male butt on my monitor is much better than female one.

Also, I've got BE male pally in WoW too. I played him for three years and had good raid progress and 17000 achieve points. Because of new models, I was forced to leave game. Sad
Back to top Go down
ArcheDemonoid

ArcheDemonoid

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:14 pm

For me, it's usually male. For many games, unfortunately, female characters, especially their choice of armour, is usually quite, well, exposing, and just doesn't feel or look as badass as male armour usually does. So I almost always choose a male character.
However, in games such as League of Legends, where many female characters are very powerful, I do tend to switch between male and female characters.
It has become a lot more toned down though in recent games, the whole sexual image given to female characters, but it does still appear unfortunately.

Druuler

Druuler

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:15 pm

My mood at the time tends to dictate whether I play male or female characters in Fallout, but the majority of the characters I have created are female. Why? For basically the same reason Allnarta gave: I am male, and when playing in third-person, I prefer to watch a female's backside. That is not to say I am uncomfortable playing my male characters in third-person. I have played enough third-person games that you are stuck with only a male character to play that it does not really bother me. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
kent1100

kent1100

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Always play the male. Sometimes creating a female, but only for screenshots or just watch new mods affecting it. A man like that more fits into the plot.

http://modgames.net
CatMan

CatMan

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:21 pm

It depends on what new armor mods I install. I've beaten the game only using a male character, I started using females because I have good models to use now.
Back to top Go down
snowglobecollector

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Most of the time male for me.I have some female characters but the only one I could play for longer than one day and was something like Lara Croft,but then after some time I was bored of her as well and got back to male.Also I think male fits in better into the "Post apocalyptic survivor" role.
But if it comes to companions I don't mind an atractive women TongueTril
Back to top Go down
kpnut

kpnut

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:25 pm

It depends, I've made characters using both genders (in the Mass Effect games it's a perfect 50/50 split between male and female characters for me.) although my oldest character in gaming is an 8 year old female paragon in Guild Wars, who I created because I wanted to use the class but have the belief that men shouldn't wear skirts.
Back to top Go down
http://thecristatorship.jimdo.com/
standalone09

standalone09

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Playing almost 100% of the time as Male.

I tried to play as a female a couple times though it basically didnt worked out since i always had that weird feeling of being a girl.... lol

Brigamer

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Most of the time I play a male character though I have no qualms with playing a female character every now and then. Plus I do like to help test out armor mods so if there is one that is exclusively female then I'd make a female character to try it out and give feedback to the modder. However I do have that nagging realism to question how a plated swimsuit will protect my toons from arrows.

WyvernPrincess

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 12:58 pm

I often play as a female. I like to project myself onto the character, always for the greater good.
Back to top Go down
kingswat

kingswat

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:00 pm

I usually play as male on my first playthrough and if a game is good enough Ill play a female in my second playthrough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Allnarta wrote:
Because of new models, I was forced to leave game. Sad

@Allnarta - how so?

Back on topic, I guess the reason I generally play female characters isn't just because I'm a woman in RL, but also because I'm generally tired of games that offer a generic, white male protagonist (no offense to any bald white members of this forum). I prefer games that let me create my own character, or my own version of the main character, like the ability to customize Shepard/Hawke etc.

I played over 60 hours of Skyrim as a male argonian because that was so outside the norm. I loved it.
Back to top Go down
kpnut

kpnut

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Tesvixen wrote:

Back on topic, I guess the reason I generally play female characters isn't just because I'm a woman in RL, but also because I'm generally tired of games that offer a generic, white male protagonist (no offense to any bald white members of this forum).  I prefer games that let me create my own character, or my own version of the main character, like the ability to customize Shepard/Hawke etc.

I played over 60 hours of Skyrim as a male argonian because that was so outside the norm.  I loved it.
Actually those reasons are a lot like my own reasons, I clocked god knows how many hours in Fable: The Lost Chapters (where your only choice was white male, although you could choose whether or not he was bald) as well as quite a bit as a male character in Guild Wars (I accidentally deleted that character, that's what spending a week straight awake will do to you) and got tired of it.

I've also clocked a load of hours as a male Argonian in Oblivion (well over 100 I think, since I had this character on the 360 as well) but that was mostly because playing as a female didn't seem right to me at the time (it still doesn't actually but that's besides the point.)
Back to top Go down
http://thecristatorship.jimdo.com/
MemeMan

MemeMan

Character sheet
Name: John Wrolpe
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts (East Coast Commander 2287)
Level: 89

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:43 pm

I my self always play as a male (no sexist) for the plain fact i am a male so i like to be the gender i am in a game. Skeptic

rebillion76

Character sheet
Name:
Faction: BOS
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:52 pm

I prefer male as i find that a lot of armor or race mods for females in fallout, tend to be skimpy or sexy and don't really seem all that functional. in other games i am fine with playing a female but if the option is their i will choose male.

What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Gunetw10
"Leaving this world isn't as scary as it sounds"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Crepsley

Mr. Crepsley

Character sheet
Name: Fried Chicken Man
Faction: Factions? pffffffffffffff
Level: 0.0000000001

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 1:58 pm

I always pick male like all the time. I just can't make an awesome looking female character cause that's just kinda weird for me. And most of the armors or awesome ones are for male. Like Tsun's armor from Skyrim. And that general from operation anchorage. Their armors are only for males unless there was some mod. TongueTril I have nothing against female characters or the gender but I just don't get the same feeling man.

DesertStorm01

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Usually I stare at the character creator for three hours before I make up my mind.

Being able to play as a badass female character is nice, particularly in games that offer heavy armor that actually looks heavy on female characters. I've never tried to make a character that looked like me or meant to represent me, but still, it's nice being able to play as a badass woman.

In any case, I tend to play a lot of male characters too. I enjoy it a bit differently, but the essence is the same.

No matter what choice I make, I end up regretting it a bit. Sometimes I see a piece of equipment and think, "Damn, that looks so much cooler on the other gender!" It's happened to me in Destiny. I main Titan, and I love her a lot, but male Titans looks just so. Damn. Attractive. Thankfully there's plenty of them around, so I feel less bad about not having my own.
Back to top Go down
cordelionreaver

cordelionreaver

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 4:44 pm

I tend to play as female characters in RPGs, especially in games where they wear actual armor instead of some over glorified stripper wear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?    What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What Gender do you use while playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next