Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call ghoul marvel money boomers daryl gauss power Overhaul boom Gear Reforged commonwealth body NPCs khan Superpele mandalorian dead hunk Mask machine Ryse riot vault wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby Xehonort Yesterday at 7:33 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 11:20 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby snuffles Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:52 am

» Hey guys!!!
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:29 am

I imagine this scenario almost daily. I have a gtfo bag with knives water and guns ready to grab when I have to leave in a hurry. Some food and ammo. The first thing to do is find a place for shelter. Have to sleep, and need to be safe. Next would be to find a water source and a place to grow food. Everyone would be going crazy like raiders and fiends. If all hell is breaking loose probably powder gangers too! So it would be a good idea to lay low until the insanity has died down. I would try to build a group for safety in numbers and help with crops and such. But would be hard to trust anyone I would come across so they would have to earn my trust and prove themselves. Cities would be the worst place to stay so if head for country area. Get away from where large populations are and go where it is secluded. If I had to kill or be killed I would not hesitate to survive. The most important thing would be to have the necessities to live. Food, water, shelter from the elements. In comparison to Fallout I would probably be found in a cave in Point Lookout.

Undeadsewer

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:31 am

AbbaZamma wrote:
First of all, if it had just started I believe my primary goal would be going to Big 5- or I should say what's left of it... I would definitely need to gather some guns and ammo, possibly take it all as there would most likely be no valid currency. In this kind of times, guns and ammo is your currency.
Once I have gathered these items, I would then need to place them in my house, somewhere that nobody would find them if I were to be robbed. Maybe under the floor, maybe in the ceiling, maybe both. I think I would carry at least three guns with me at all times and a Swiss Army backpack to hold some ammo and additional gear.
My next stop would be to check out the grocery store situation. I would grab my duffle bag and get a lot of canned food, water, and twinkies... Thank god that they're back! Anyways, I believe this would be a very dangerous area considering that this is probably the first place any other people would go after such a disaster.
As for people, I think I would work alone until someone needed me, instead of me needing them. I wouldn't be that group that just brutally attacks anyone in sight, I would be more of that group that points a sniper at your head when you come near my house and has the guy speaking on an intercom to whoever's outside. You wanna come in for shelter? Empty everything you got on you and give it to us and we'll put it in storage for you. But there's still gonna be a fee to stay.
Now how would I manage my personal needs? Entertainment- hell, I'll be holding around a gun and sharpening guns all day! How much more entertainment could I need. I'm a huge weapons guy, and boredom would be my last problem. I think the biggest struggle would be facing the world for what it had really become and the loss of loved ones.

Great survival plan! Smile

It's good to have knowledge of weapons (although I barely have any myself) since it can help out if you just so happen to find a gun and there's an enemy right there. Unfortunately, people will have the same mindset of looting places and probably using them as bases along with it. I like the ammo currency, similar to the special ammo used in Metro 2033. Managing a base is quite difficult but basing off your response, I think it'll manage and you could be a great leader in such a time of distress. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Marcos A

Marcos A

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:02 am

First off i would make a dash to the convenience store down the street and get everything i can carry with me assuming there is no order in the world whatsoever and the store clerk is not there/or dead. I would also make sure my immediate family is well and organized and then go from there.

1. I wouldnt really start a faction idk maybe. It would be a group of friends and other surviving neighbors or townspeople and we would try and rebuild our neighborhoods and eventually town assuming not everyone shoots or kills on sight.

2. Daily agenda would be to gather the essentials and rebuild my home and fortify the areas around it.

3. I trust the people on my street since my neighborhood pretty much knows everyone in it and id trust my friends.

4. In my mind my needs dont come first id worry about my mother , brother , and grandfather and make sure we consolidate our resources first.

Bonus. I dont think i would side with anyone on here since i dont know all of you personally sorry.
Back to top Go down
gasmasklover

gasmasklover

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:35 am

Well... I would most likely be dead for starters because I have no close fallout shelter for miles besides my friend's basement but that couldn't survive and nuclear blast at even the smallest proportions. But if I was alive with a few people? Well democratically chose a leader based on experience and morals. Good ones, for both. I would rather our group keep moving, and become a nomadic group of people and scavenge off of ruins. Inside of any old box or on a piece of paper buried under some planks of wood could hold information ranging from the old wars progress to the secrets of creating limitless supplies of energy or fresh water... The sooner we learn our old ways pf survival, the sooner we can create a more stable civilization. Before trying to support a large group of people on a small and irradiated puddle of muck. If I am in some form of vault like in fallout and the radiation will surpass me in years I would give as much vital information I know about humanity, survival and other important topics before I died to help the next generation's survival and in hope that all the information will be passed down. Basically help the next people after me and hope it gets better... In time... After my time has... Come to an end. But most of all, teach them of war. And why the world they inhabit is a giant pile of useless shit. But not in hope of stopping it from happening again. Because it will. Maybe not in the same fashion because of the new current standards of the planet and the lack of resources for thousands of years because of the greed of who came before. But it doesn't matter. War will remain untill humanity itself is gone. Because that is war... And war? War never changes.

Back to top Go down
http://burnie.com/
Undeadsewer

Undeadsewer

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 6:45 am

gasmasklover wrote:
Well... I would most likely be dead for starters because I have no close fallout shelter for miles besides my friend's basement but that couldn't survive and nuclear blast at even the smallest proportions. But if I was alive with a few people? Well democratically chose a leader based on experience and morals. Good ones, for both. I would rather our group keep moving, and become a nomadic group of people and scavenge off of ruins. Inside of any old box or on a piece of paper buried under some planks of wood could hold information ranging from the old wars progress to the secrets of creating limitless supplies of energy or fresh water... The sooner we learn our old ways pf survival, the sooner we can create a more stable civilization. Before trying to support a large group of people on a small and irradiated puddle of muck. If I am in some form of vault like in fallout and the radiation will surpass me in years I would give as much vital information I know about humanity, survival and other important topics before I died to help the next generation's survival and in hope that all the information will be passed down. Basically help the next people after me and hope it gets better... In time... After my time has... Come to an end. But most of all, teach them of war. And why the world they inhabit is a giant pile of useless shit. But not in hope of stopping it from happening again. Because it will. Maybe not in the same fashion because of the new current standards of the planet and the lack of resources for thousands of years because of the greed of who came before. But it doesn't matter. War will remain untill humanity itself is gone. Because that is war... And war? War never changes.

I never really thought of retelling the stories Old World and passing it to future generations. That's a great idea since the future needs to learn the experiences of the past that lead to this devastating outcome. What if you survived since you were away from home and you managed to survive the initial explosion? I could see someone writing the events of the past in a notebook they scavenged from the wasteland. Smile

Back to top Go down
CapnCurbStomp

CapnCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:24 pm

I'd most likely be a "raider"
But more organized than the ones seen in the fallout series.
I'd eventually build up a group of people that i trust enough to stay by and occupy a house or some sort of shelter and use that as base, building tunnels all around and secret passageways, underground storage, lookout points, etc etc. Then whenever someone were to come by or we here of a faction travelling we'd go and ambush them, take their gear and store it or use it. Continue building up my kingdom.

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:48 pm

what are exactly Raiders?
i mean, aside "those dirtier-than-a-public-bathroom and infected by tetanus assholses who Always shoot you on sight"

CapnCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:51 pm

An independent group of people, only concerned for their own well being and basically looting everyone else.? That's how i see them.

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm

oh, ok Wink
They just piss me off during voyages closed eyes smile

CapnCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 11:51 pm

They piss me off, as well. cx

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 3:09 am

In a world like Fallout, you pretty much have two options:

1. Somehow find a reason to keep fighting every day even though you could be killed at literally any moment.

OR

2. Cover yourself in barbeque sauce and run screaming at the nearest Deathclaw. You'll go quick.

Na, but seriously. I'd probably get to a town, and bluff my way into a job I could handle, and just hide under the counter whenever trouble happens.

XFeniXRising

Character sheet
Name: Colton Voss
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 3:16 am

No morals. I take what I need one, way or another. Feel no remorse. I do what I do for one reason: Survival. And the war for survival is a war without end and war...war never changes.

Grom Hellscream: "And what Gul'dan, must we give in return?"
Gul'dan: "Everything."
Back to top Go down
Sahaall

Sahaall

Character sheet
Name: John Doe
Faction: Body Stacker
Level: Not Dead

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:12 pm

It is all very dependant on the war, a nuclear war is highly unlikely because when you attack a nation its generally because you want something they have, e.g. space, metals, oil, but when a nuclear blast occurs it covers everything in fallout and depending on the location of ground zero it will drift over the coast line and pollute the water. Hydrogen bombs noise bombs and any variety of destructive chemical and biological weapons would be more likely to be used because they don't act as a fifty years area denial node. Cities with the largest populations would be hit first as well as any military installations to ensure minimal retaliation to the occupying force. Any government buildings and capital cities would also be targeted to send the county into chaos. So that should give you a general idea of what you could be facing, personally I think it wouldn't be too dissimilar from being back in the middle east, there would be area of relative calm and there would be areas of pure violence. Me? I would procure what ever weapons I could and hunt the occupying force, utilizing guerrilla tactics in an attempt to make them gtfo of my country.

In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Regist10
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Fallou10
Back to top Go down
andythefreezer

andythefreezer

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 pm

I would be scavenging most of the time, and trying to trade some of the stuff for a place to stay.(Rivet City would be nice)
It's dangerous, but it might be the only chance I would have. Maybe I would have to provide meds to my diabetic mom, who knows?
How do you get stuff you need in the wasteland?
Scavenging and getting a job are the only two options that would provide you with water/meds/food and so on.
And jobs will be pretty rare - the only thing I can think of are farming jobs or repairing stuff or becoming a guard.

Back to top Go down
Skyline

Skyline

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:49 pm

If I survived I honestly wouldn't really know what to do. No areas would really be inhabitable initially, I'd have no choice but to wander the wasteland scouring for food and supplies fleeing from combat whenever possible. I pretty much would do exactly the opposite of whatever my character in Fallout:New Vegas would do.

xtheoutcastedx

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:35 pm

It all depends on location. If you're near a big city odds are radiation would be overflowing since those would be prime targets for nuclear attack. If you're away from a city in a more rural area, I think the way to go would be to gather a group and form a settlement of some kind. Making scavenger runs for food and recruiting new genuine people as well as arming yourselves seems like a good plan. Staying safe and keeping your people safe would make the best out of an already terrible situation.

AlphaCenturion09

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm

I'd do what the HulksCousin said and cover myself in barbecue sauce and run to the nearest deathclaw TongueTril

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
irishmarksman92

irishmarksman92

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:50 pm

You see, Fallout got me to thinking....what if? this could very well happen! I mean the government makes disaster plans but do not know if these things will happen or not? I live in a very remote area in the Appalachian Mountains and I have looked where possible nuke sites would be. Nearest big city (Atlanta) is about 200 miles from me while Nashville is about 300 miles away. I have a small stockpile of guns, food and first aid items so if i survive then its for a damn good reason.

To be honest i have no idea what i would do. People i called my friends would be trying to kill me for beans but there is NO ONE who can lone wolf it for too long, they will eventually get caught with their pants down. I would think many factions would arise to convince people to come together for a common cause

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
bft90679

bft90679

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:06 pm

I don't know... I might just put a bullet between my own eyes and be done with it. I mean, in this kind of world, unless there is a really good reason to live on, to uphold and to protect, there's not much reason to stay alive.  With all my family, friends and everything I once know and cherish are all gone, well... what's the point to live? Killing someone else just for a scrap of food and irradiated water? Thanks, but no thanks.

BUT, IF there IS a good reason for me to fight for and stay alive, just give me a SPAS 12 or Remington 870 , a truck of 12 gauge shells, a survival knife and some tools, I'll find my way to achieve my goal - even that means I have to fight for a scrap of food and irradiated water to keep myself alive. Just like the song "Snake Eater" in MGS3:

"Someday you go through the rain,
And someday you feed on a tree frog,
It's ordeal, the trial to survive
For the day we see new light"
Back to top Go down
irishmarksman92

irishmarksman92

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:21 pm

bft90679 wrote:
I don't know... I might just put a bullet between my own eyes and be done with it. I mean, in this kind of world, unless there is a really good reason to live on, to uphold and to protect, there's not much reason to stay alive.  With all my family, friends and everything I once know and cherish are all gone, well... what's the point to live? Killing someone else just for a scrap of food and irradiated water? Thanks, but no thanks.

BUT, IF there IS a good reason for me to fight for and stay alive, just give me a SPAS 12 or Remington 870 , a truck of 12 gauge shells, a survival knife and some tools, I'll find my way to achieve my goal - even that means I have to fight for a scrap of food and irradiated water to keep myself alive. Just like the song "Snake Eater" in MGS3:

"Someday you go through the rain,
And someday you feed on a tree frog,
It's ordeal, the trial to survive
For the day we see new light"

EXACTLY! if my loved ones were gone i would make sure i was as well. But if my parents and wife were alive then i would fight like hell to make sure that they were okay. Other than that the world would be its own hell, killing your neighbor because you need his 1 day worth of food, it would be a very cutthroat world more than it is today.

P.S. SNAKE EATERRRRRR
-- P.S.S. your pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next