Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine Ryse dead Gear wolfenstein body mandalorian gauss Reforged riot Mask ghoul commonwealth Superpele daryl marvel boomers money Call khan vault power boom NPCs Overhaul hunk
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Undeadsewer wrote:
For me, I wouldn't consider committing suicide. At least try to support survivors who try to live out in the wastes would probably be one of my goals before dying.

Man try at lest to survive so what if you die you live in California its a big place thats why your chances to die are increased but there is better loot,better weapons and better places to set up so you should try to survive and find or make a group or better a faction people in Honest Heards survive even they are like primitives but they survive so why dont you do the same and go blow some zombie,mutant,ape skulls eh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 4:25 pm

BlackcatTW wrote:
Nem wrote:
If I survived the initial bombings and radiation poisoning, I would die in the massive flood that would occur after the insane amounts of heat from nuclear bombs melted glaciers in north and south poles.... along with everything else that can't survive under water.

You could be at least optimistic Wink

Hard to be optimistic about the world getting nuked into the stone age, much less radiation in the water, air, ground, plants, pretty much all lifeforms... and that doesn't even touch on raiders, looters, potential mutations of various species, cancer, etc.

;P
Back to top Go down
BlackcatTW

BlackcatTW

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 4:28 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
BlackcatTW wrote:
Nem wrote:
If I survived the initial bombings and radiation poisoning, I would die in the massive flood that would occur after the insane amounts of heat from nuclear bombs melted glaciers in north and south poles.... along with everything else that can't survive under water.

You could be at least optimistic Wink

Hard to be optimistic about the world getting nuked into the stone age, much less radiation in the water, air, ground, plants, pretty much all lifeforms... and that doesn't even touch on raiders, looters, potential mutations of various species, cancer, etc.

;P

Goddamnit Tesvixen TongueTril
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Haha sorry!

When I first started playing Fallout 3 (was my first real 'post-apocalyptic' game) and saw how ruined everything was... like how stepping into a shallow puddle was exposting me to radiation... it really resonated with me, I thought 'wow, no way in hell would I want to live in a world like this'.

And even now 3 years-ish later I still feel that way. Just the creepy mutations, the people who kill each other instead of working together to survive, the struggles of things like keeping even the most basic of devices working etc... I just couldn't handle that. And don't even get me started on the 'vaults' themselves. It blows my mind just how twisted some of the stories behind those are...
Back to top Go down
BlackcatTW

BlackcatTW

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Haha sorry!  

When I first started playing Fallout 3 (was my first real 'post-apocalyptic' game) and saw how ruined everything was... like how stepping into a shallow puddle was exposting me to radiation... it really resonated with me, I thought 'wow, no way in hell would I want to live in a world like this'.  

And even now 3 years-ish later I still feel that way.  Just the creepy mutations, the people who kill each other instead of working together to survive, the struggles of things like keeping even the most basic of devices working etc... I just couldn't handle that.  And don't even get me started on the 'vaults' themselves.  It blows my mind just how twisted some of the stories behind those are...

Let's hope that nothing of that happens during our lifetime, because I really believe that there will be no warning and thus... no time for vaults..
Back to top Go down
Undeadsewer

Undeadsewer

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:59 pm

The situation doesn't have to be remotely exact to the Fallout series. Maybe people will work together since people have probably seen or played a game similar to Fallout. Moral standards today could have a different outcome in a time of an apocalypse. But I can't wait to hear a radio station similar to Galaxy News Radio.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:59 pm

I totally agree Blackcat.  I never want to see something like that even on a small scale.

@Undeadsewer,

Except the topic was in fact based on the premise of it being like Fallout. "If a Fallout actually occurred with a similar plot to the game, how would you survive the apocalypse? "

Hence our sticking to Fallout's 'rules' in our replies.
Back to top Go down
JSev33

JSev33

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:02 pm

I'd go back to Canada because no one would ever bomb Canada, right? If we're in the Fallout universe, then Canada was already annexed by the time the bombs hit, but the OP meant if this happened in real life, then hell yeah Canada!

For realsies though, let's say that everywhere is hit. I wouldn't have an overarching agenda. I live my life in short term, achievable goals. I wouldn't start a faction, we would just be people looking to live. I can't really answer who I would trust; that comes on a case-by-case basis. I'm sure coming into the apocalypse with open arms will lead to betrayal, but by that point I'd hope to have enough fellow survivors that we could offset the consequences of seeing the best of people. I understand the arguments that if this were to happen, there'd be no point in sticking around, but I don't think in terms of "where is my life going," but rather "where is today going?" The long term design would shape itself in time.

Bonus answer: I side with the living. Anyone with that common goal is on my side.

Undeadsewer

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
I totally agree Blackcat.  I never want to see something like that even on a small scale.

@Undeadsewer,

Except the topic was in fact based on the premise of it being like Fallout.  "If a Fallout actually occurred with a similar plot to the game, how would you survive the apocalypse? "

Sorry for not being clear. Sad

What I meant was don't make it seem as if you were inside the Fallout game. Instead of Ghouls, you have zombie-like cannibals wandering the streets. Project Purity could be another project with a different name, etc. Instead of it being a Vault, you were inside an ordinary Fallout shelter with a couple survivors who survived the initial explosions.

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:17 pm

Undeadsewer wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:

@Undeadsewer,

Except the topic was in fact based on the premise of it being like Fallout.  "If a Fallout actually occurred with a similar plot to the game, how would you survive the apocalypse? "

Sorry for not being clear. Sad

What I meant was don't make it seem as if you were inside the Fallout game. Instead of Ghouls, you have zombie-like cannibals wandering the streets. Project Purity could be another project with a different name, etc. Instead of it being a Vault, you were inside an ordinary Fallout shelter with a couple survivors who survived the initial explosions.

No worries lol, just explaining why I based most of my answers on stuff like that in the game.

Even still though, I wouldn't want to live in that kind of world.  Whether it was exactly like the game or nothing like it, I'd rather be dead.

This is actually a VERY cool topic btw. Smile
Back to top Go down
thegreataimbottio

thegreataimbottio

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:29 pm

If I really wanted to live out Fallout, I would try to freeze myself over a couple hundred years as the Fallout series isn't post apocalyptic, its post-post apocalyptic. Focusing on the events of a wasteland that is dealing with all the turmoil of which factions are struggling to control the new world. IMO nuclear war is a terrible thing but wouldn't be as bad as some people think. I've read some places that the effects of fallout and nuclear fire are exaggerated by media and whatnot. And that a nuclear war wouldn't be like a post-apocalyptic genocide, more like the fall of the Roman empire with new civilizations springing up in the aftermath (much like Fallout). Despite this, I live in a place that's fairly near to a major city (L.A.) as well as military bases, so I would probably die in the first few days. I pretty much doubt nuclear war happening as long as M.A.D. exists. Still, if a nuclear war were to occur I have hope that some small town somewhere will help the human race as well as the memory of America survive in history.
God Bless America
Back to top Go down
Undeadsewer

Undeadsewer

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

thegreataimbottio wrote:
If I really wanted to live out Fallout, I would try to freeze myself over a couple hundred years as the Fallout series isn't post apocalyptic, its post-post apocalyptic. Focusing on the events of a wasteland that is dealing with all the turmoil of which factions are struggling to control the new world. IMO nuclear war is a terrible thing but wouldn't be as bad as some people think. I've read some places that the effects of fallout and nuclear fire are exaggerated by media and whatnot. And that a nuclear war wouldn't be like a post-apocalyptic genocide, more like the fall of the Roman empire with new civilizations springing up in the aftermath (much like Fallout). Despite this, I live in a place that's fairly near to a major city (L.A.) as well as military bases, so I would probably die in the first few days. I pretty much doubt nuclear war happening as long as M.A.D. exists. Still, if a nuclear war were to occur I have hope that some small town somewhere will help the human race as well as the memory of America survive in history.
God Bless America

Not quite sure if it could happen, but it's possible to say the least. Smile

But what if a faction found you frozen and held you captive when you unfroze?

Back to top Go down
Xxshadow1918xX

Xxshadow1918xX

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:44 pm

I'd stock up on supplies,and wait it out.If I survive long enough I would want to help rebuild civilization as an Engineer,sorry for a short answer.
Thanks for this interesting topic!

Vincent4514

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 6:59 pm

I'd probably end up trying to survive off radiated animals and water, then I'll end up dead of radiation poisoning, if I'm not a ghoul already, if I'm lucky, I could get me a gun and ammo, then blow my brains out.

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Probably become a paranoid Sniper and set up a few mines along my area. Take pot shots at anything I see coming or shoot a mine to scare them off.
Back to top Go down
Undeadsewer

Undeadsewer

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:16 pm

ZombieRedNeck wrote:
Probably become a paranoid Sniper and set up a few mines along my area. Take pot shots at anything I see coming or shoot a mine to scare them off.

Do you mind if I take one of those landmines for a present? Need to do it for some research. TongueTril

Back to top Go down
thegreataimbottio

thegreataimbottio

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Undeadsewer wrote:
thegreataimbottio wrote:
God Bless America

I would prove my worth against whatever faction held me hostage. Like a prophet of some sorts retaining the knowledge of the old time. Then they could hopefully accept me. I.e. The Brotherhood of Steel being assholes when you first meet them in Fallout 1
Back to top Go down
Undeadsewer

Undeadsewer

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:05 pm

thegreataimbottio wrote:
Undeadsewer wrote:
thegreataimbottio wrote:
God Bless America

I would prove my worth against whatever faction held me hostage. Like a prophet of some sorts retaining the knowledge of the old time. Then they could hopefully accept me. I.e. The Brotherhood of Steel being assholes when you first meet them in Fallout 1

I like the idea of retaining Old World ideas to receive some type of God-like status. Maybe there's a faction similar to the Brotherhood who aim to preserve anything Pre-War (and possible preserve humans too?)

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...   In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In a time of an apocalyptic occurrence...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next