Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
khan dead Superpele boom boomers Overhaul mandalorian NPCs Mask Reforged commonwealth power marvel machine ghoul money hunk Call Gear gauss daryl riot Ryse vault body wolfenstein
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

FO3 or NV?
Fallout 3
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap37%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 55 ]
Fallout New Vegas
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap63%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 93 ]
Total Votes : 148

AuthorMessage
Judge Redd

Judge Redd

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Tale of Two Wastelands.... Know it wasnt one of the choices but had to be said Or in the words of the great Doctor himself...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xilandro

Xilandro

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:52 pm

The truth is: Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are... pretty the same game, released separately. Imagine awsum kewl DLC for Fallout 3, with new atmosphere and standalone story, like Point Lookout but a lot bigger. But Beth decided "oh, let's make it separated, and let Obsidian make it, to hype oldschool Fallout fans. Sells will be high."
I prefer New Vegas because it's a better RPG than Fallout 3, because of vanilla ironsights, few good tweaks in engine, better scripting and modding possibilities (I can't port a single one non-nvse feature of B42 into F3 because of bugs not fixed in F3 but fixed in FNV). And I love Fallout 3 because of it's atmosphere. That's why the only way to play F3 or FNV is Tale of Two Wastelands.

https://www.youtube.com/user/wtf81293
HassellHoffman

HassellHoffman

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 4:54 pm

I prefer New Vegas because I really liked the idea of factions, and how you could decide which ones to help and which ones you don't like. It added more variety for each playthrough.
Back to top Go down
ADEPT

ADEPT

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 4:59 pm

I will not prefer one of them. I play in ALL Fallouts. Its my choise.

dragbody

dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 6:09 pm

To add my thoughts, I agree with Xilandro that TTW is the way to go. Both games are two sides of the same coin and together they make for a gaming experience that, in my opinion, is the most entertaining and replayable on the market. It's why I'm still here after all.

But this is not an answer to the question. Let's discuss some key differences...

- As xilandro noted, NV made a few small changes that marked key improvements over F3

- The metropolitan atmosphere of F3 is far more compelling than the often empty desert of NV

- The use of Behemoths and Overlords in F3 makes for much more engaging combat than silly legendary creatures in NV

- The primary conflict between the NCR and Legion is far more compelling than the BoS and Enclave imo. The struggle for the Dam is much more interesting than anything in F3. It makes me feel like I play an integral part in a dynamic conflict rather than just progressing through a plot.

- The companions in NV have more personality than in F3. In general, I think NV has more distinct NPCs and better writing for their dialogue.

- The DLCs are of similar quality. Point Lookout and the Pitt are great, unique side missions as is Honest Hearts. Mothership Zeta and OWB are both kinda like "what is happening?" Lonesome Road is just pure badass and provided a fitting end. Broken Steel is kind of necessitated by F3. Anchorage and Dead Money are both cool if not a little gimmicky. Anchorage focusing more on combat; Dead Money on story and atmosphere. All really fun.

- The diversity of factions in NV is great too. You are not part of a binary conflict between good guys and bad guys as in F3.

Overall, NV gets my vote by a narrow margin. But f3 got a lot of things right I wish hadn't been changed in NV. But in the end, thank goodness for TTW.

Edit: OH! It should be noted as it regards DLCs, that NV gets killed by F3 in the new creature area. NV has ghost people who use unique animations on a human skeleton, then tribals and marked men and lobotomites. All human variations. Lame. F3 on the other hand has overlords, trogs, two types of hillfolk, the chimera, aliens, and abominations. This adds wayyyy more variety. NV took the cheap road.
Back to top Go down
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Both are good.
Back to top Go down
ncrvet

ncrvet

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 7:35 pm

If you want to bring up mods
gameplay wise

These mods when combined together can create a far superior experience to anything fallout new vegas & project nevada did
fwe
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/2761/?
mmm
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/3211/?
fwe overhaul kit
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/15578/?

If you ever played a quest for heaven 3
that is the best quest mod I have ever played
to bad its been removed from nexus
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RKOL3G3NDK1LL3R
famaine

famaine

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 7:44 pm

yea fallout 3 dosent have that much good enbs but ncrvet used blackout enb and tweaked it and it looks amazing
Back to top Go down
philetuslapham

philetuslapham

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:41 pm

I think New Vegas is better. I really enjoy The Mojave wasteland and the cowboy thing a lot, the weapons I think really did it for me though, and the DLC's were absolutely great.
Back to top Go down
Family Time

Family Time

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 am

I prefer the environment of Fallout 3. Felt more like an actual wasteland, and I'm a sucker for urban settings. However I much prefer New Vegas for gameplay and content. So having TTW is just a dream come true really.
Back to top Go down
Devinfallout

Devinfallout

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:32 am

I like NV more. I just feel at home more.

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 1:04 am

ncrvet wrote:

So what's stopping you from uploading it here?
Back to top Go down
Druuler

Druuler

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 1:34 pm

toolio20 wrote:
ncrvet wrote:

So what's stopping you from uploading it here?
Doing so without permission from the author would be completely disrespectful (to say the least) and possibly considered mod theft.
Back to top Go down
TsukiMoon

TsukiMoon

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 pm

I personally would say that I would prefer Fallout: New Vegas if only because of Obsidian Entertainment's involvement due to the fact that those people also worked on the past games. I personally preffered the older Fallout games over Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but New Vegas has my vote simply because it's closer to the original games in terms of having the people behind-the-scenes making the simple throwbacks to the past games that Fallout 3 generally lacked.

On a technical term as well, Fallout 3 doesn't work on my computers and my personal set ups due to the fact that I run Windows 8.1 and run on multiple monitors, so the game fails to run at all on my end.

Either way, I liked both games, but I found New Vegas to be ultimately more cheeky and entertaining in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Phill&Al

Phill&Al

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Fallout 3.
I had a lot of found memories of fallout 3 and i just felt better. Maybe it had a better post apocalyptic ambiance than new vegas. IDK.
Back to top Go down
CapnCurbStomp

CapnCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:18 pm

I like fallout 3 better because it's a huge destroyed city, where you fight in broken buildings or busted up streets, it's so badass. Where as fallout NV is just open dirt most of the time, boring, not too pleasing to the eye, really. But Fallout NV has a bit better mechanics and items and npcs, so its pretty much a draw.

SpartaRanger

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:25 pm

CapnCurbStomp wrote:
I like fallout 3 better because it's a huge destroyed city, where you fight in broken buildings or busted up streets, it's so badass. Where as fallout NV is just open dirt most of the time, boring, not too pleasing to the eye, really. But Fallout NV has a bit better mechanics and items and npcs, so its pretty much a draw.
yeah i agree fallout 3 has a much better setting but new vegas is better for mods though

latenightmagic

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:25 pm

I prefer Fallout 3's map over New Vegas but I like New Vegas' mechanics more than FO3's so it's a tough choice Sad

JSev33

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:37 pm

This is a really tough one, but NV gets my vote. Without DLC, FO3 would edge it out just slightly, but this isn't the case.

I will say that FO3 has a better story hands down, as well as a better environment as far as the whole apocalypse thing goes. As a standalone game that isn't part of the fallout universe, this one would win. Here's the thing: the bombs didn't just fall; they fell 200 years ago. We've had time to rebuild. It makes sense for there to be less places like the capital ruins and more like the Strip (which was horribly tiny, btw), where electricity and living conditions have been somewhat restored. While I love the whole depressing feeling 3 gives me, it's just not true to fallout.

I'll also say that the characters in NV are far more interesting, and it's a shame that they weren't implemented more thoroughly in the story. The main story revolves around largely bland tasks and then reporting to whomever has your support. Even worse, the characters driving the plot are the most bland of them all. Caesar's boring, the NCR rep is boring, Mr. House is just an a**hole, and Yes Man... uh... ugh.

What really has FNV top out is its rich DLC (which implements interesting characters into immersive stories) and its gameplay (weapon mods and iron sights! Yay!).

I know it's not really part of the actual game, but I have preferred the mod support for NV over that of 3.

So there you go. FNV FTW.

Side note: if anyone is using this poll to decode what game to play and mod support isn't a concern, get both and install TTW. You get to play FO3 using the FNV game as a platform, and then start the FNV story once you find a train station to take you across the country. Win-win!

XFeniXRising

Character sheet
Name: Colton Voss
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Fallout 3 had the "post-nuclear" feel to it. With the Brotherhood being a major faction and their war against the Enclave. The "everywhere I turn there is a molerat or a band of Raiders/Super Mutants". The ruins, though. The ruins. But here let me give you it like this:

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the king of Downtown DC

In east Virginia born and raised
In the Vault was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some roaches with my BB-gun.
When a couple of tunnelsnakes who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my vault
I got in one little fight and my mom dad got scared
He said 'I should've told you what I was doing"

I begged and pleaded with him day after day
But he and I could just pack our cases and be on our way
He gave me a look and then he gave me a fuse.
I put my power armor on and said, 'I might as well do it'.

First sight of a vertibird, yo this is bad
Drinking dirty water out of a toilet.
Is this what the people of DC living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright. o_o

But wait I hear they're raiders, wastelander, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this Lone Wanderer?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the King of Downtown DC

Well, the vertibird stopped and when I came out
There was this chick who looked like a bro of steel standing there cheering out
I ain't trying get my energy weapons stolen yet
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a caravan and when it came near
The brahmin said fresh and it had dice on it's horns
If anything I could say that this caravan was rare
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, homes to Downtown DC'

I pulled up to the Pentagon about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the caravan 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the King of Downtown DC

The adventurers of me in DC...this was corny but all well lawl. I got the point across Smile

Grom Hellscream: "And what Gul'dan, must we give in return?"
Gul'dan: "Everything."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next