Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs marvel daryl riot Call money Superpele FCOM wolfenstein khan Gear boomers space mandalorian vault dead upgrades Reforged Ryse boom commonwealth machine body hunk Mask ghoul
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

FO3 or NV?
Fallout 3
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 I_vote_lcap37%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 55 ]
Fallout New Vegas
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 I_vote_lcap63%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 93 ]
Total Votes : 148

AuthorMessage
Zer0rbiculus

Zer0rbiculus

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 am

I appreciate both but I love westerns, so New Vegas kind of just reeled me in.

seenoevl13

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:09 am

Well in Fallout 3 the story was good and the atmosphere also.But i prefer NewVegas because of its better gameplay and much more mod content . I see what you did t
Back to top Go down
chillinnkillin

chillinnkillin

Character sheet
Name: Dickens
Faction: Independant Vegas
Level: 60

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:28 am

I'll go for New Vegas, I really enjoy the western atmosphere and the desert setting, thank god for TTW though, I love getting the best of both games

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 2015-011

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
Vespanola

Vespanola

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:17 am

New vegas, i didn't like the idea of coming out of a vault and i love the new vegas atmosphere, but f3 is awesome too

jaffa_5

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 3:55 pm

roflcopter117 wrote:
Fallout New Vegas had a slightly better engine, better mechanics, and iron sights. I also liked the wide variety of weapons New Vegas had, especially with all the downloadable content.

On the other hand, while Fallout 3 didn't have iron sights and lacked things like weapon modifications (without modding of course), I found the Capital Wasteland to be a considerably more interesting place to explore. The Mojave just felt barren to me.

I have to agree compleatly the fallout 3 had the more intresting story/quests and map in my opinion, but the improvments and DLC in new vegas make the that game much more enjoyable to me.

Thanks to TTW I can have the best of both worlds Smile

Back to top Go down
DimDim009

DimDim009

Character sheet
Name: Clark
Faction: BoS
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:49 pm

I enjoy the area that FO3 takes place more, but the story for FNV is better IMO. Both are great games!

"Not to me. And not to any clone."
Back to top Go down
roofiedwalrus

roofiedwalrus

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:44 pm

I can honestly say the atmosphere of 3 made the game better And it holds up against how much all the little improvements new Vegas made creating a more playable game.  How could you love deciding the fate of megaton and the feel of river city. I could find my myself get lost just explore the ruins. Vegas on the other hand felt too unpopulated to be the beacon of civilization in the towns but 3 with all the little towns scraping by felt more with the theme of a destroyed civilization.
Back to top Go down
bloodshot79

bloodshot79

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:49 pm

If they remade F03 with a newer engine and some new quests and features that would be perfect
Back to top Go down
gaw72290

gaw72290

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:43 am

bloodshot79 wrote:
If they remade F03 with a newer engine and some new quests and features that would be perfect

have you tried A Tale of Two Wastelands? Its a mod that combines FNV and FO3, essentially allowing you to play FO3 with the NV engine.. its pretty awesome, im currently in my first playthrough with it. It does take forever to download and install though, but im loving it so far

Magnvs

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 4:45 am

The area of F3 is nicer although FNV has better features.

Cracky

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:38 am

Fallout 3 by far! Atmosphere and general gameplay is so much better, I actually get scared of Ghouls in the subway... Rather than pulling out my OP modified revolver

MrObamatron

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Honestly, FNV was superior. If you were to compare the vanilla versions with one another FNV just feels a lot more flexible and FO3 feels...blocky. It's gameplay was revamped along with the karma system, factions, weapon variety, companions, Hardcore mode and much more. But to me, FO3 just felt SO much more immersive with its story and atmosphere. Maybe it's because I live in a city; something I can relate to while I've never been to a desert. FONV felt empty and not in a good way like FO3.
But if you were to ask me which one I would play to death, FONV would be the one I choose.
Back to top Go down
Multech

Multech

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:44 pm

FNV. But that's probably because the modding community moved over there.

Without mods though, FNV obviously has more features but its technical limitations definitely held it back - seriously, you can't have a Vegas strip and have it that de-populated.

F3 on the other hand had a more immersive story and world. F3 felt like a desperate world that was barely clinging on. FNV was more akin to F1 and F2, I guess, where civilization has already rebuilt itself to a some extent.

mcmuffinfluffin

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:23 pm

I preferred FO:3 by far. Though with with mods I feel F:NV could pull ahead. One of the biggest points for whether I like a video game or not is that the game is immersive and it has some sort of interesting story...or the tools for me to create my own.

FO:3 better fit my idea of a post-apocalyptic world,something I feel like abandoned urban environments do very well. There wasn't much in the form of uninhabited ruins in F:NV. Furthermore, the main story of F:NV was atrocious compared to FO:3 (in my eyes) the whole amnesia bit in F:NV was disappointing and it really just boiled down to a choice of who takes over New Vegas rather then any real story elements.

And exploring DC was amazing, subways still scare me and I still do all I can to avoid them. Exploration just wasn't the same in F:NV as it wasn't as seemingly dangerous or desolate. However, I do have to say I prefer the NV DLCs and companions, specifically Honest Hearts and Dead Money. FO:3 companions were very boring.
Back to top Go down
weijiesen

weijiesen

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:12 am

I concur with what mcmuffin said.

FO3's strong points were urban ruins, tunnels, and the 'fear factor' of not knowing what lurked around the corner.

FNV didn't have enough ruins, scary things, or Fallout'ish interiors.

FNV takes the cake in general features.

Take the features & weapons of FNV, add them to FO3, and you've got TTW Smile the best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
Cook-Cook

Cook-Cook

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Only thing I like in Fallout 3 is the HUUUGE ARSE map that I loved explorin!
Back to top Go down
Nero9369

Nero9369

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Fallout New Vegas because I like the story better. Well actually not really the story but I feel a lot more is riding on the line in this game than 3. Basically being free vs death or being slaves. Also I like it better because it is quite a bit more stable, at least to me, modding it than 3.

legendarybunny

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 7:18 am

I want to say Fallout 3 is better but... Well I just think that New Vegas had a better storyline. Everybody was fighting for something. I remember the battle of Hoover Dam and seeing the Enclave, Brotherhood, Yes Man, the Legion, and the NCR fighting was fun. Fallout 3 had a better atmosphere though. New Vegas seemed to easy on the player. Fallout 3 was unforgiving. But still, I think New Vegas was better.

"Veni, Vidi, Vici."   "Experience is the teacher of all things."
Anger is a brief insanity - Horace, Roman poet.
In wine there is truth. - Greek proverb
Futurama Crew
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dienekes

Dienekes

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:42 pm

legendarybunny wrote:
I want to say Fallout 3 is better but... Well I just think that New Vegas had a better storyline. Everybody was fighting for something. I remember the battle of Hoover Dam and seeing the Enclave, Brotherhood, Yes Man, the Legion, and the NCR fighting was fun. Fallout 3 had a better atmosphere though. New Vegas seemed to easy on the player. Fallout 3 was unforgiving. But still, I think New Vegas was better.
This is exactly how I feel. I think that Bethesda did a better job making what they did in Fallout 3, but Fallout: New Vegas did more and it catered to my personal interests more. It felt much more wide open, and I think it offered a wider palette of roles for me to play characters through.

One huge thing in New Vegas for me that Fallout 3 didn't really have was factoring your skills into speech checks. I loved that, even if you weren't the best talker, you could still persuade people because you were a subject matter expert. Speech checks in Fallout 3 always bothered me because they were based on perks or S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points and not how good you were at the skill.
Back to top Go down
legendarybunny

legendarybunny

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:03 am

Dienekes wrote:
legendarybunny wrote:
This is exactly how I feel. I think that Bethesda did a better job making what they did in Fallout 3, but Fallout: New Vegas did more and it catered to my personal interests more. It felt much more wide open, and I think it offered a wider palette of roles for me to play characters through.

One huge thing in New Vegas for me that Fallout 3 didn't really have was factoring your skills into speech checks. I loved that, even if you weren't the best talker, you could still persuade people because you were a subject matter expert. Speech checks in Fallout 3 always bothered me because they were based on perks or S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points and not how good you were at the skill.
I know. Glad to see some people agree with me.

"Veni, Vidi, Vici."   "Experience is the teacher of all things."
Anger is a brief insanity - Horace, Roman poet.
In wine there is truth. - Greek proverb
Futurama Crew
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next