Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault Mask boomers dead NPCs machine power riot Gear wolfenstein mandalorian Call hunk daryl Overhaul boom gauss Reforged ghoul marvel commonwealth money body Ryse khan Superpele
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What is your opinon on DUST?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Levike01

Levike01

What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 9:30 pm

John Henry Eden wrote:
Here is my opinion on this.  

The Dust has a dark world, some thing like a apocalypse after a apocalypse.
Nothing for me but some other people like it. You have a very low weight limit (40) get only crap guns with low health and only few shots,
You and your enemies have low health and you die every few minutes.
You don´t became godlike, here say the Dust the truth.
Why it´s pain in the ass? Because you die to much, crap gun with low ammo low med and the enemies shoot like a gunrunner. Wo would win you think? Ok the guy´s shot like shit or a very drunken gunrunner, but they hit you... some day but hit. In FNV no problem because you have a lot HP and a lot of Meds and because this normal for the original gameplay. The mod just make you weaker, too weak to enjoy or just survive the game. Just a lot of pain in the ass.

I like this game and I can manage to survive. The thing is this takes more "skill". It is a pain in the ass just, if you play it like FNV. In this game you need to think and know how DUST's world works, atleast until you get enough good weaponry. The early stages of the game can be pain in the ass, if you just started the game, but, If I would start a game now with my experience in DUST, I think I would die few times in the first 20 minutes, but then 1 death/1 or 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
Sklone

Sklone

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 9:49 pm

It makes me think of stalker which with the misery mod which if you have played it you know you cant win your gonna die and if you dont think so, you might as well drop your trousers and bendover cuase your gonna get fucked haha i would love to play dust becuase i love a good challenge

I used to be a field Scribe, a Deathclaw snapping my femur in half like a twig put an end to that.
Back to top Go down
John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 10:55 pm

@Levike I managed to get some good guns and kill more than enough enemies. At last i doesn't really make fun to play dust. First you just die and later you get enough stuff to survive and don´t have any problems. Here is not enough balancing in the mod.
Back to top Go down
Levike01

Levike01

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:01 pm

I dont know, I like the mod. The atmosphere and story is awesome and, If the game got too easy for you later, then I dont know how you play vanilla FNV. In vanilla FNV you are like a god with End game gear and you can have companions, who can kill all the enemies without any of your help and you just sit down and watch how your companion murders everyone. I like companions, though and I like vanilla FNV, but It gets TOOO easy and too fast, while in DUST even with good gear, you have some kind of survival. Try hardcore with very hard. Even with the best armors, even if you 1 hit the enemies, you really get damaged by some shots and, if bed wont heal you, you'll need to use meds and those are really I MEAN REALLY RARE. You may kill 10 enemies with low amount of hp loss, but some time you'll need to use your spared meds and those are rareeee.
Back to top Go down
asphyxia

asphyxia

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:10 pm

DUST plus realistic headshots makes the game brutal and too realistic (I love realism).

Every encounter is simply brutal, first time I played the game with this mod I ran into some tribals, got a hatchet to my head and died. Other time I was simply walking a road, saw some mean group of survivors all armed with explosives and a rifle, was fighting them when suddenly two big groups of tunnelers with three Tunneler Queens in each group.
It was brutal, simply brutal, the worst of all is that I quick-saved the game right before the tunnelers appeared, so no way to avoid that situation.
I was left with a crippled leg, with little HP.

I love this mod. It gives a real "Mad Max: Fury Road" feeling.
Back to top Go down
fsufan23

fsufan23

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 12:55 am

I had to uninstall the mod because it kept pissin me off beyond belief lol

Janissaire

Janissaire

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 3:02 am

asphyxia wrote:
DUST plus realistic headshots makes the game brutal and too realistic (I love realism).

Every encounter is simply brutal, first time I played the game with this mod I ran into some tribals, got a hatchet to my head and died. Other time I was simply walking a road, saw some mean group of survivors all armed with explosives and a rifle, was fighting them when suddenly two big groups of tunnelers with three Tunneler Queens in each group.
It was brutal, simply brutal, the worst of all is that I quick-saved the game right before the tunnelers appeared, so no way to avoid that situation.
I was left with a crippled leg, with little HP.

I love this mod. It gives a real "Mad Max: Fury Road" feeling.

What are tunneler?And,you can counter the headshot with armor,no?

sweetbutteryjesus

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 6:17 am

Dust puts the 'harcore' into hardcore mode.
Also, it refreshes everything about the game, which finally makes the game new and exciting again.
Plus, anger is fun.

19eccho

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 6:41 am

It is extremely hard. That is the best way to describe it. If you aren't torn to pieces by Tunnelers then you will be shot by tribals or eaten by cannibals. The mod isn't for everyone as it can be very unfair and extremely difficult. No where is safe, towns aren't safe to be at and shelter is not easy to come by. Playing on hardcore makes it worse because food is very rare as well.The mod is completely worth it, so long as you love challenges and don't mind being killed a lot. It has a steep learning curve and will re-define Fallout as you know it. It is worth a try at lease, luckily it is easy to install/uninstall.
Back to top Go down
ObtainedDust

ObtainedDust

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 6:51 am

Dust seems like an interesting concept at the very best,something like Dust doesn't seem like it fits into fallout in my opinion,Playing fallout has always more or less been about the story not the survival elements of the game,Hard core mode in fallout new vegas is just enough for me,finding food and water is enough of the Survival elements.Don't get me wrong i love survival,i was a massive fan of the DayZ mod and was dead serious when it came to that game.But i'd like to think of fallout new vegas as a post apocalyptic RPG not a Survival game (Just my opinion please don't bite me head off}

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
Levike01

Levike01

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 12:09 pm

ObtainedDust wrote:
Dust seems like an interesting concept at the very best,something like Dust doesn't seem like it fits into fallout in my opinion,Playing fallout has always more or less been about the story not the survival elements of the game,Hard core mode in fallout new vegas is just enough for me,finding food and water is enough of the Survival elements.Don't get me wrong i love survival,i was a massive fan of the DayZ mod and was dead serious when it came to that game.But i'd like to think of fallout new vegas as a post apocalyptic RPG not a Survival game (Just my opinion please don't bite me head off}

You dont need to think that Its a survival game. I love vanilla fallout, has like 300 hours on it, but after that much of time, DUST gives a new meaning to the game. After the 300 hours in FNV where I didnt really encounter real difficulties the game gone a bit boring at the end, when you already explored most things and you had the best gear and the only thing you left was the main quest to do, but I didnt want to end the game, but even, if the game wouldnt end after 2nd Hoover Dam fight, I would have like no fun, becaouse I got nothing to do, I can maybe wander around and kill everything, cuz I am already godlike, so only mods and new adventures can give me enjoyment, but DUST truly corrects my problem. After I played so much in vanilla FNV, I get a totally difficult FNV, BUT still a Fallout, It isnt a different game, Its New Vegas, It has the feeling of Fallout, but also, It has a more apocalpytic atmosphere, Its more difficult and completely overhauls the game. It gives a total new adventure, that I can enjoy. The game may be more difficult, but for me Its like relaxing after hard work, also the story may seem simple, but I really like It. There are notes all over, which can give you stories and hints that help you escape the Mojave.

EDIT: Its like DUST gives replayability to the game, even, If Its a complete overhaul, so we cant really compare vanilla to DUST, but, when I play Fallout NV, Lets say I side with NCR, next Playthrough I side with Legion, so the game will be different with different experiences and there are much choices. FalloutNV has good replayability, but still, If you side with NCR more times, even with little different choices through the quests, the game gets boring after a time and DUST gives a whole new experience, in the same area and same game. I think DUST maybe not for everyone, but Its an awesome mod.
Back to top Go down
zstan

zstan

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 2:57 pm

I read the mod page and it seems like it just makes things hard for the sake of being hard and "realistic" (aka not fun) when it's not. Going to sleep while thirsty and dying because of it? That shit's not realistic.
Back to top Go down
Levike01

Levike01

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 5:10 pm

zstan wrote:
I read the mod page and it seems like it just makes things hard for the sake of being hard and "realistic" (aka not fun) when it's not. Going to sleep while thirsty and dying because of it? That shit's not realistic.

The thing is that, sleeping doesnt just skips time. Lets say you get 10% thirsty during 2 ingame hours, that means, if you sleep 2 hours It will give you 10% thirsty. But you mustnt play hardcore. You can play this mod without hardcore too. And being hard is fun. It isnt unbeatable, you just need to think. You cant go out and attack 5 tunnelers with nothing. You need to avoid fights, use sneak more tactically, spare your ammo and things like that. It makes the game more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Gogatsu390

Gogatsu390

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 9:37 pm

I really like the concept of DUST I'll more then likely give this mod a try once I finish my current playthrough. Of course as I get older I find myself reaching for survival/realism games/mods more often. Mods like this add much needed life into games that have been around for awhile. Of course for those that are interested or on the fence about playing DUST should watch the Showcase that AlChestBreach recently did.
AlChestBrech Dust:

Though he doesn't get too far, it should give you a good bit of insight on how the mod changes the game and the difficulty that you'll face, even without Hardcore mode. If nothing else it is certainly entertaining to watch him run for his life.
Back to top Go down
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 7:44 pm

I think it is a fantastic mod. It gives FNV the dark atmosphere FO3 has. Hell, it might be even MORE dark than F03. Cults, a huge army of soldiers you trusted as the saviors of the wasteland gone out of their mind, cannibals, radioactive clouds, a mythical creature that depends on eating human flesh, TUNNELERS! My god, this mod gives FO3's atmosphere a run for it's money in my opinion. It is tough as fuck too. Hell, if there is TTW compatibility, going to the Capital Wasteland would be the ending of this mod lol. What are your thoughts on this mod?

skyrimgamernoob

skyrimgamernoob

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:59 pm

It's really fun, especially if your with a friend.
Back to top Go down
DumbleCore

DumbleCore

Character sheet
Name: Johnnie
Faction: lone Wanderer
Level: Still Alive

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:41 pm

I love DUST,i played it with Arwens Realism Tweaks,the ultimate hardcore experience,still not managed to escape the mojave =)but ill keep it

What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 NkOfXz
Back to top Go down
RikugunTaisaDancho

RikugunTaisaDancho

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:05 pm

DUST i love them, so fun and it gives me another purpose to play Fallout New Vegas again, even thou i finished the game.
Back to top Go down
mrhaos500

mrhaos500

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:11 am

Dust is weirdly addicting , when i first played it i literally was outside the safehouse for one minute before a bunch of ghouls ate me. but it was fun fnv had become a little too easy for me and it held a challenge. The mood is different too, bleak and hopeless, you are not really there to change anything or make a difference you are simply trying to stay alive and sane. although admitting still used RSA and a few armor mods from nexus the added weaponry made little to no difference. 10/10 would play again

Wonderwaffle33

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 2:15 am

I thought DUST was fantastic, really hard yet not difficult enough to push me away from it. Definitely one of my fav mods out there.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinon on DUST?   What is your opinon on DUST? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your opinon on DUST?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next