Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
ghoul gauss Call daryl machine power dead Overhaul riot boom marvel Mask money NPCs boomers body Reforged hunk wolfenstein khan mandalorian commonwealth Ryse Superpele Gear vault
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:42 am

» Hello from nexus
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:06 am

» The Next fallout
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 pm

» Late Introduction
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:29 am

» Greetings!
My introduction apology. - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My introduction apology.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nickrica

nickrica

My introduction apology. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction apology.   My introduction apology. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:13 am

damcall wrote:
I'm sensitive when it comes to 911, I don't think it is appropriate to share in this forum.

not in the slightest bit, this is NOT the right place for that, and i really dont understand why he came right out with 911 jokes in a gaming community.

sorry for being off topic here, but do you ride motorcycles damcall? i saw your headline "Hog Rider" lol
Back to top Go down
Keevs

Keevs

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My introduction apology.   My introduction apology. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:23 am

Leave your prejudices, in-tolerances and and jokes made at the expense of others at the door or you will be shown back out of it. I hope you do change, and become a valuable member of the community. Good luck.

My introduction apology. - Page 2 7MakDJW
Back to top Go down
gamesix

gamesix

PostSubject: Re: My introduction apology.   My introduction apology. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:37 am

A good rule of the thumb tends to be "if someone said this to me, would I punch them in the face?" I didn't see the post, but I agree with the others, it takes a real grownup to recognize their mistakes and apologize.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My introduction apology.   My introduction apology. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:02 am

Crispian11 wrote:
I think you guys are being too hard on him, while his "introduction post" was tasteless he's still just a kid. Most people do dumb things when they are 16, and I rather see a 16 year old make a tasteless 9/11 joke than going out during the night and do god knows what. Everyone deserves a second chance. And can any of you say with a straight face that you didn't say(or write) some stupid shit during your teenage years? Wink

"Just a kid" isn't an excuse, age isn't a limiting factor on the internet. Yes, I did dumb things as a kid, but that was spray-painting random shit on overpasses, breaking curfew, the occasional shoplifted item, normal stupid teenage antics. Not making jokes out of horrific events that I knew would offend people. Apologizing is a step in the right direction, but it isn't going to make what he said not deliberately offensive.
Back to top Go down
Crispian11

Crispian11

PostSubject: Re: My introduction apology.   My introduction apology. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:09 am

jkdsh wrote:
Crispian11 wrote:
I think you guys are being too hard on him, while his "introduction post" was tasteless he's still just a kid. Most people do dumb things when they are 16, and I rather see a 16 year old make a tasteless 9/11 joke than going out during the night and do god knows what. Everyone deserves a second chance. And can any of you say with a straight face that you didn't say(or write) some stupid shit during your teenage years? Wink

"Just a kid" isn't an excuse, age isn't a limiting factor on the internet. Yes, I did dumb things as a kid, but that was spray-painting random shit on overpasses, breaking curfew, the occasional shoplifted item, normal stupid teenage antics. Not making jokes out of horrific events that I knew would offend people. Apologizing is a step in the right direction, but it isn't going to make what he said not deliberately offensive.  
It's not an excuse, I would call it a mitigating circumstance Wink And I would say that most of the things you mentioned(shoplifting and vandalizing overpasses lol! ) is worse than posting stupid and insensitive jokes on the internet.

damcall

PostSubject: Re: My introduction apology.   My introduction apology. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:07 am

All should respect people's life. 3000 people died that day. Spray painting can't compare.

PostSubject: Re: My introduction apology.   My introduction apology. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:08 am

@Crispian11
That's funny, because I don't consider stealing a pack of bubblegun to be nearly the same statement about a person's character as deliberately trying to start a flame war with a video that mocks the deaths of thousands of civilians.

He didn't just innocently post a video that happened to offend because he has bad taste in humor. He boasted about how awful/insensitive it was and that it was absolutely going to piss people off/upset people/cause controversy. He has commented elsewhere that he starts flame wars on other sites as well, and that he 'almost' started one here.

So this was how he chose to introduce himself. With a deliberate attempt to cause drama and upset people. Like I've said elsewhere discussing this: you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

Anyhow. This topic has run its course, enough time has been wasted discussing this. Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My introduction apology.   My introduction apology. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My introduction apology.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2