Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call ghoul vault Ryse Reforged NPCs marvel daryl boomers Gear machine boom power hunk Overhaul body money gauss Superpele wolfenstein khan mandalorian riot commonwealth dead Mask
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» The Next fallout
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

» Late Introduction
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm

» Greetings!
The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
radiationnut

radiationnut

The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Empty
PostSubject: The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story)   The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:55 am

I was thinking today about Vaults, and how they're social experiments.

I thought of a concept for one, Vault 38.

Baltimore Maryland (Yes I was listening to the news during my thought process) a vault lies in the wastes,
desolate, and abandoned left to the whims of the wildlife. Many a wanderer has approached the vaults open maw
to the sounds of ominous coughs and sneezes followed by screeching. Passersby with concern either call out to
the long-gone residents, their echoes going to waste, or go inside to only come out alone.

The stories of this vault are all the same, "Just an abandoned hole in the ground, with a sickly ghost inside."

But let me tell you, there's a story there...
(This story will mostly be told through timelines)

THIS VAULT-TEC TERMINAL WILL RECORD EVENTS TIME STAMPED REGULARLY WITHIN FIVE DAYS, OR MORE DEPENDENT UPON ACTIVITY.

[VAULT-TEC VAULT 38 DOOR SEALED, COMMENCING PROTOCOLS]

[October 23, 2077 Great War Commences] Vault Tec chosen residents arrive, total admittance 1000 residents.

[October 23, 2077 Great War Ends] Residents experience panic, most restless and unable to sleep.

[Oct 28, 2077] Residents settle in to Vault life, routines are established. Medical wing unlocked.

[Nov 2, 2077] Recorded audio scheduled to begin in five days. Vault illness prevention fliers distributed while residents slept, no suspicions.

Illness Prevention Flier:

[Nov 7, 2077 11:00 PM] Recorded coughing began in dormitory wings, residents woke at random until audio stopped at 8:00 AM.

[Nov 12, 2077] During scheduled activities residents discuss coughing throughout work day. Many have had trouble resting.

[Nov 17, 2077] Sneezing audio recording added in conjunction, at random faux vomit will be added throughout Vault in the night.

[Break]

[Dec 25, 2077] Holidays were scarcely celebrated, residents in low spirits. Janitorial maintenance workers complain to Overseer about
vomit in the night, they continue to work throughout the holiday.

[DATA LOST FAST FORWARDING TO MAJOR EVENTS]

[Feb 1, 2078] Residents begin to unconsciously develop hypochondriasis, many residents believe themselves sick and visit clinic often.
At 12:00 AM new 'medicine' distributed designed to 'kick-start' the limbic system of the brain, is also a minor sedative.

[Feb 6, 2078] Patients convinced medicine helps, continuing distribution.

[Jan 1, 2100] Crates of HAZ-MAT suits distributed secretly to Medical and Atrium wings, total of 500 suits.

[May 28, 2100] Generations of residents raised show symptoms of hypochondriasis at a consistent rate of 100%. Xenophobic attitudes shown toward other residents, alienation common, residents rarely leave their established 'quarantined territories'. Fights occur often throughout vault.

[Feb 15, 2132] Unused Vault wings locked down and closed off. Vault residents flee the Vault, due to size of Vault decreasing.

[VAULT-TEC VAULT DOOR OPENED, CONCLUSION OF EXPERIMENT SUCCESSFUL. HYPOCHONDRIAC POPULACE RELEASED.]

The residents of Vault 38 went out into the wasteland with distance between each of them, only the residents given suits stuck together.
This gave rise to a group of wandering xenophobic vault-dwellers, finding a place away from sickness and disease. Along the way anything or anyone whom was deemed unclean would be considered a threat to their health. The remaining residents to this day are long presumed dead, their 'medicine' supply dried up and they turned to wasteland drugs alternatively.

Well guys this is my bored attempt at making a short story about a fan made vault, I hope you enjoyed my concept and I'm sorry if some of it seems inconsistent or incomplete. This was just a quick thought process.

vandenburger

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story)   The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 am

I like it.  Quite creative kudos
Back to top Go down
radiationnut

radiationnut

PostSubject: Re: The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story)   The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:45 am

Thanks Van! Appreciate the comment.

vandenburger

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story)   The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:36 am

No thanks necessary i'm a big supporter of fan fiction and thats a good basis could even see that as a backstory for a mod
Back to top Go down
radiationnut

radiationnut

PostSubject: Re: The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story)   The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:58 am

If I knew how I'd do it. I just haven't got the time to learn mods.

PostSubject: Re: The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story)   The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story) Empty

Back to top Go down

The things I think about at work... (Fallout short story)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1