Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
space Reforged hunk daryl machine riot ghoul body Ryse vault Call money dead wolfenstein commonwealth khan Gear boom boomers FCOM Superpele mandalorian upgrades NPCs marvel Mask
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
WeissYohji

WeissYohji

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 8:41 pm

I played a fuckload of Oblivion from 2010-11. I had a day to kill because I was off from work so I went to GameStop. I noticed Fallout: New Vegas on the shelf and took a look at it. Saw that it used the same engine as Oblivion so I bought the game, installed it and Steam onto my PC, and played it for a bit. I was hooked. It felt more balanced than Oblivion (100% Chameleon, anyone?) but was still full of exploits.
Back to top Go down
LANDWARRIOR

LANDWARRIOR

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 9:38 pm

I think it was after watching a friend playing the game that drew me to it, despite loving oblivion so much, I’m sure I wore out the disk, lol.

To be honest though, I’ve always loved role playing the whole post-apocalyptic world scene. Not always zombies, granted. But, it’s a lot of fun seeing and imagining a world of true freedom, and what people do with that, how they truly reveal themselves.
Back to top Go down
ConradeBear

ConradeBear

Character sheet
Name: Kovalsky
Faction: Soviet
Level: 38

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 11:52 pm

I was looking for games like Stalker and Metro, só it was show to me when i was a kid back to my fourteen years old a game called Fallout 3 and then i began my history with fallout, and not much time later i was presented to new vegas, and the mods

Like graphical art? Check my work here:
Back to top Go down
JackLovecraft

JackLovecraft

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Actually found out about the game from a tiny game reviewer magazine it looked serious and grim for me back then and after 700+ hours I was hooked still am althoe I gave up after I ended up with a amd rig of all things ah sweet memories.....Used to be scared going to black mountain once

jesusp

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 7:14 pm

I got fallout 3 for my birthday but the funny thing was that the graphics where kind of high for my laptop so I had to get this file that reduced the graphics more so I could play it. The game was fun but then I found out I could mod it and thats where the game got even more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 2:13 am

I heard about Fallout 3 from a neighbor after it came out. I played it, but not that much. New Vegas was when I really got into it. The setting and characters were really cool to me as a kid (god i can't believe that was a while ago!)

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 4:06 am

A friend of mine introduced me to Fallout 3 when I was in fifth grade.

I fell in love with it and spent hours on my xbox playing it.

First PC game I got was Oblivion and modded the hell out of it. By the time NV came out, I was hooked on Beth games and started playing that one as well. 

Great times

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
GoofyGoo6er

GoofyGoo6er

Character sheet
Faction: Republic of Dave
Level: 31

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 1:06 pm

I played Fallout 1 & 2 when they came out. Pretty good games, but I was a young kid, so I played them 3 times each, and then moved on. Fast forward to 2007-2008, and I'm sitting on the toilet reading some PC magazine, and I see an ad for Fallout 3 (Fallout 1/2 are distant memories). I was like...oh crap, I gotta try this. Thinking it'd be exactly like 1/2, I jumped in, saw a ghoul, got terrified, and fell in love ever since.
Back to top Go down
erafox

erafox

Character sheet
Name:
Faction: GUN
Level: 45

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 2:28 pm

A friend of mine recommend the year f3 realesed

To GUN ? well im from F3UNDERGROUND forums =D

Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 9:35 pm

I saw a Robbaz video where he was playing Fallout 3 running around with a revolver shooting everyone in the head as a baby and I thought it was hilarious. I found out it was made by the same people who made skyrim, so I played through fallout 3 on my xbox 360 and enjoyed it quite a bit, but didn't think it was great. Then I bought New Vegas after that and fell in love.
Back to top Go down
celtic_spike

celtic_spike

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 12:21 am

I came for the mods . I stayed for the community.
No literally, i saw a YT video of drags npc overhaul and it said it was exclusive to GUN network.

conn11399

Character sheet
Name: Elizabeth
Faction: Undecided
Level: 11

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 12:55 am

I played exclusively games like Halo and CoD. Fallout: NV was my first rpg and I have been addicted since.

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 3:59 am

I believe it was freedom from the conventional gaming format in a unique genre. The doom and gloom, chip chap vibe of Fallout 3 roped me in and did a great job keeping me there.

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli Sawyer
Faction: Independent
Level: 48

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 8:37 am

@celtic_spike I think they meant why Fallout in the first place, rather than GUN. But I think a lot of people would agree with you.

Did anyone see the old gamespot trailer pre fallout 3's release? There was a games journalist who played through a little of the "Strictly Business" quest, where they showed off the mesmetron and slave collars and stuff. Word of mouth and magazines/advertisements was how new travelled around then, now it feels like I'm aware of every game coming out months and sometimes years in advance, and they're not as good.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
c4in

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 am

I think it was early 2000s when I got introduced into Fallout universe, my friends owned Fallout 2 and it was fairly new back then (only few years old) and got hooked when I borrowed the game. My other friend owned Fallout 1, but strangely never got into it back then. I used to watch when he was playing it though.

I still think that Fallout 2 is the best game in the series. Mainly because the Enclave was the major villain in the game and lore is the most interesting / substantial compared to the rest. Isometric gameplay is charming as well.

I was super excited when Bethesda announced Fallout 3.

obsidian929

obsidian929

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 8:19 pm

I liked the ability to be able to do my own thing and have the freedom to do anything I wanted in the game aswell as TO my game. definitely a very great game with a good and strong community. would not want to be apart of any other community then one such as this.

"You brought 2 too many.."

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Hero_o10
Back to top Go down
Lilkrasdog

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 2:37 am

I played a lot of Elder Scrolls Oblivion when it came out, but I only ever played as one character. Said character had almost a thousand hours on him alone. So when I heard that Fallout 3 was made by the same people and was set in a post apocalyptic scenario i jumped at the chance to play it. To this day Fallout 3 is the only game where immediately after beating it I restarted the game and played it with evil karma. That may not sound like much but you have to understand that if I ever replay a game as a bad guy, it's always months or even years after playing through as a good guy.
Back to top Go down
drinkykrow

drinkykrow

Character sheet
Name: Ender
Faction: Brotherhood
Level: 8

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 8:37 am

I played fallout 1 and 2 when I was younger like 13ish after watching my bro play than I got fallout tactics. I grew up playing diablo 1 and 2 so when I saw fallout I fell in love. Theres something about the lore, comic relief and dystopian vibes that I just love. I liked fallout 2 the most, I feel like the modern fallout games are majorly lacking in the lore department. Wheres the tribals? No one trying to sell human meat as iguana bits? Going into a vault or military building and having turrets pop out used to be a real scary thing but now you can blast em off the wall like theyre nothing. Dont get me wrong I still love the new fallout games, I just wish they couldve taken them in a different direction. It would be cool to have obsidian do a new take on van buren or maybe see it in a mod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 9:35 am

Ironically enough, GUN itself (back when it was VGUN or whatever) - I'd heard of Fallout but never played it, until TooYube recommended a showcase video of the GUN-exclusive mod that adds clone armor to New Vegas. This intrigued me, and so I looked on Steam and NV was dirt cheap so I bought it, played it, and enjoyed it (even more so with the clone armor mod).

Then I heard about Fallout 4 coming out, and it looked slick; I bought it, and I loved it even more than New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next