Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein khan mandalorian power commonwealth boomers NPCs riot marvel vault body ghoul Call Gear gauss Mask Ryse machine boom Overhaul hunk Reforged dead daryl Superpele money
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DDeckBBacon

DDeckBBacon

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Empty
PostSubject: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 11:42 am

H e l l o GUNners! Protectron

[center]I started playing fallout around 2016, before that I had played Skyrim and it is nothing more than to say a tremendous piece of art, a friend told me it was from the same creators so I started looking for more of the game and that's how it started. all.

The idea of a world after a nuclear apocalypse, the aesthetic and all the lore behind is pretty cool.

What attracted you gunners to Fallout in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Fidller

Fidller

Character sheet
Name: Edd
Faction: NCR
Level: -12

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 12:09 pm

Like 7-8 years ago a guy in my class started to talk about it. Encouraged me to get the game. Did a quick lookup on my parents PC on youtube and found old E3 footage of Fallout 3. I was hooked for some reason. I saved up some cash, went to the city to try and Fallout 3 and New Vegas (Back on PS3) Bought NV for 15 euro and Fallout 3 GOTY for 10. That night my parents went out, hooked my PS3 on the living room TV and booted up FO3. I was hooked on the series from then on out.

Fallout literally made me interested in Post Apocalyptic games and the style.

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 12:36 pm

It is the first game that introduced choice to me. The games that I played before was pretty linear like you started as this dude then regardless of how many times you play, the outcome always is the same.

I was having tons of fun after picking up Fallout 2 back when I was a kid because I got to play around discovering the story branches the game has when you interact with different NPCs.

It was a ton of fun and helps with the immersion because your choices mattered.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
RikugunTaisaDancho

RikugunTaisaDancho

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm

I first saw Fallout 4 and was quite intersted, at the time my brotherbought FNV and happened to buy me one since it wan sale for dirt cheap. so i started playing FNV before F4 was released, just to see what its about and i end up really liking it. at first i wasn't used to the controls, but the more i play the more i get used to, and then when i found out that the game was set in the Cold War i was even more interested and became obsessed with delving into Pre-War lore, at first when i played FNV i didnt care much for lre, i just played it, but when i got into Fallout 4 i got more interested in the lore and and started reseraching them etc, watching youtube videos covering the lore, and now here i am. playinf Fallout 4 on my 6th playtrough and FNV on my 5th playtrough (i know that its weird i have lesser playtrough on FNV haha. honestly, it i felt that i blanked out on memory from the moment i play first play fallout up to what i am now, alot has happened, all i know now is that im really into the fallout lore and its the only game i play alongside Skyrim nowadays
Back to top Go down
tuxek

tuxek

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 6:18 pm

I played a lot of Oblivion along with a friend from school. Just sharing stories of our ingame adventures and such. Skyrim had just come out and my awful computer couldn't run it at the time so I decided to get Fallout NV as it was "made by the same guys as Oblivion and Skyrim" (or at least I thought it was). And I have loved it the series ever since.

-Julius Caesar

Q: Can you teach me how to rig? - A: Perhaps this will help:
Back to top Go down
Kaevire

Kaevire

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 8:55 pm

I first got into fallout roughly around 2012. There isn't really that big of a story as to how I got into the franchise, the truth of the matter is that at the time all I wanted was to play an RPG game that had guns in it, lol.

Most RPGs are medieval fantasy so it was hard to find an RPG with a more modern setting, and sci-fi RPGs like Mass Effect weren't scratching that itch because I wanted to play a game with real-world guns. Eventually I discovered Fallout: New Vegas and figured: "Hey, this will do" and ever since, I've been hooked for the past several years lmfao.

It's definitely become one of my favorite games of all time, and the modding community has been great for me as it helps me personalize my experience a lot more.

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli Sawyer
Faction: Independent
Level: 48

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 4:22 am

@"Fidller" Lovely signature/avatar. I haven't seen that video in many years.

What initially drew me in was the choice elements. For me, Fallout 3 was the starting point in playing RPG's as a whole. I credit fallout 3 as being one of the best RPG bridging games that has something for everyone. When I played it for the first time, it was like nothing I had ever seen or played before.

After years of playthroughs it spurred me on to trying Oblivion, from there to New Vegas, then Skyrim. After that I went further into the past and played some of the old classics like Morrowind and Fallout 1 & 2. Looking back I don't think I would've gave any of those games a chance if it wasn't for Fallout 3.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
TheHusky

TheHusky

Character sheet
Name: -
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 am

Well my classmate was a gamer as well, he mentioned it to me. After that I started playing Fallout 3, fell in love with it about how the world was designed. Mutants, factions there was nothing I hated about the game. When I heard about modding of fallout 3, I fell in love one more time Very Happy

Steam Profile:
Back to top Go down
Tyls

Tyls

Character sheet
Name: Madwolf
Faction: Independant
Level: Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 2:29 pm

The first thing attracted me in my first fallout gaming experience was the gore. I played it the first time on the trial version of the first fallout, the game was limited to the first area of Junktown but there was a minigun and god I was loving the death animation from minigun. And the groin aim was so amazing... Later with the defintive edition I had enjoy the energy weapons animation especially the alien blaster little range but effective damage turning your foes to dust... Oh I naturally fell in love with the Fallout universe but the canon one I don't really like what bethesda did to the lore.

Last edited by Tyls on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 2:41 pm

When i was a kid, whenever I went to gamestop I just had to leave with a game no matter what. If the game i came looking for wasnt there, i would get something else. I picked FNV: Ultimate Edition (PS3) for 20 dollars and gave it a shot because it was a game by Bethesda (in publisher name only).

I thought the intro was slow like other bethesda titles but the quests were fun (and numerous) and the writing was Amazing compared to Skyrim or Fallout 3. I began to look at Shoddycasts lore playlist and by the time i knew it, i bought Fallout 2. NCR for Life!

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Honestly it was Gopher!! I was heavily into Mass Effect and just as ME3 came out, I caught one of his video's on modding and installing mod mangers for FO3 and FNV. I immediately purchased both and started making my first mistakes in modding. Not because of him, but because I thought this was a piece of cake....I've got this. I didn't think to ask questions from other modders....just stubborn. I learned my lesson after repeated CTD and re-installs. I've never looked back and I've yet to play ME3...
Back to top Go down
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 2:08 am

@"jacoboriley" that's crazy that Gopher was the one who put you onto New Vegas, I'm a long time fan of Gopher, and after playing New Vegas when it came out I was also consuming a lot of Alchestbreach content. What a time to be alive. AVGN, Alchestbreach, old RoosterTeeth and playing through the Mass Effect games.

I know it got blasted really badly when it came out, but you should really go back and play Mass Effect 2, even for the DLC alone. I consider The Citadel DLC to be one of, if not the best DLC of all time. Amazing game.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
GenJohnWilliam

GenJohnWilliam

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 6:36 am

it was luck really. in this time in my life i did not have internet or a phone or friends for that matter so i didn't have really any contact to the outside world all i had was a ps2 and a xbox 360.

now i got a 360 a year after its release or more so it was given to my brother so i had no idea a ps3 was even real. now my age goes with the year so in 2008 when fallout 3 came out i was only 8. so one day i went to my brothers room when his friend was over and they were playing fallout 3 i was not allowed to watch because they wouldn't let me and i was never allowed to play it.

so in the summer of 2009 when my brother went off to boy scouts camp we brought the xbox up stares so i could play my new game lord of the rings conquest during summer break i loved that game and played it a lot. but we had no a/c and it was hot here in humid Missouri so the Xbox got the red ring of death and it died.

so skip a few months of back to playing midnight club and dbz on the ps2. Now we make our way to my birthday in November of 2010 when i discovered a ps3 even exists (granted i still have no internet or a phone or friends for that matter)  because i got it for my birthday and November 2010 was one month after October a.k.a Fallout new Vegas release date my dad got that for me with the ps3 because he thought it looked cool plus what use is a ps3 without a game.

so from that point i played New Vegas all the time at home it was the only game i played and i loved it after New Vegas i finally bought fallout 3 goty edition and played it, and loved it as well. later on i bought fallout New Vegas ultimate edition because i didn't have internet so i couldn't buy dlc from PlayStation store so then i played fallout new Vegas some more.

so in 2012 i got internet and saw you tube for the first time and i discovered Al ChestBreach who introduced me to mods so then i got steam and bought FNV a 3rd time and fallout 3 a second time (also i bought 1,2 and tactics as well). The naive ass i was installed mods on a shite computer so i was use to playing at 15-20 fps it was fine to me.

so jump to now and i got my gaming computer and im still playing 3, NV, and 4. it was a bit of a stab to my heart what happen with 76 but all of the gaming industry has fallen to greed so i want really surprised but i have fun with the old games because you all know the saying "they don't make them like they use to."

welp that's the end of my story on how i fell in love with fallout.Thumbs Up Also why i like fallout 3 and NV the most is choice i love games that dont force you in one way or another, something 4 did sort of do but i still like 4 because of game play and the story was ok.
Back to top Go down
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 am

@"GenJohnWilliam" That sounds very akin to my experience with the fanchise, although I had to drag my old brick 360 into the living room in the dead of night to download Fallout 3's DLC as it came out. Broken Steel was maybe one of the best birthday presents I've ever recieved Laugh Out Loud

ahhh the old red ring of death. When I got hit with it, I went back and played all of the Resident Evil games from 0 to 4 on the old gamecube I had. I wouldn't have done this if I didnt get the red ring. Even though 0 was a piece of sh*t, I still look back fondly on those days.

May I ask, as well. When you went back to PS2, was it Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition?

Back to top Go down
WeissYohji

WeissYohji

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 11:52 pm

Playing the shit out of Oblivion and modding it to hell, and I mean to the point where I once broke the mod limit. "What's Elder Scrolls got to do with Fallout," you say? Getting there. I walked into GameStop in May 2011 and found a copy of FNV on sale. I figured both it and Oblivion couldn't be all THAT removed from each other purely because they were both made with the same engine, so I bought it, installed Steam, and installed the game. Not even the DLCs, just the base game. I played for a good bit and only got up to dealing with Benny and the Securitron Army at the Fort, but never finished that first run. What happened? The Über Update for Team Fortress 2 happened. I wouldn't pick up New Vegas again until 2016. Did my first complete vanilla run (Read: Any %), siding with Yes Man in the end. I later bought and installed the add-ons and a fuckton of mods (not as many as Oblivion); I haven't looked back. There's no way you could pay me to go back to vanilla New Vegas EVER. You've got better odds of throwing a baseball with enough force to achieve escape velocity and land in a precise spot on Pluto. As for the lore aspect, I just learned as I went, consulting the Fallout wiki whenever necessary.

I've gotten FO3 since but still haven't played it yet. I want to hold off at least til I'm finished with my current FNV run, then go back and forth between modded FNV and vanilla FO3. I also prefer to play with my parrot, a blue-fronted amazon named Ricky, watching.
Back to top Go down
Misanthrop25

Misanthrop25

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 1:49 pm

I fell love with the atmosphere of the Fallout-Universe, when I got my first computer, that had Fallout 1 & 2 as preinstalled Games on it, to get me started.
Then I forget about it for some time, until Fallout 3 was released and it reminded me how fun this world is, and when I realised, that it was now combined with the ability to use mods to turn the Game into almost any direction I want, I was completely hooked on the franchise and I hungrily awaited every release ever since, with my favourite playthrough of every iteration being a heavily modded run as a "Batman of the Wasteland".
Sadly Fallout 76 is the first exception, since I boycotted it, because it wasn´t a single-player-game, and felt like a violation, since it was announced.
Back to top Go down
Timulika

Timulika

Character sheet
Name: Kerr
Level: 50+

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 10:48 am

My ex was really into 1 & 2 but it never grabbed my attention..UNTIL...the Fallout 3 commercial aired on TV. It was that video that started zoomed in on a radio. Slowly pulled back to reveal a destroyed city bus. Zoomed out even further to reveal Washington D.C. laid to waste. Then the BOS paladin, in full power armor, turns and looks at the camera. I was HOOKED!
As soon as FO3 was released, I grabbed it. When FNV was announced, I couldn't wait.
I never stopped playing FNV (modded to the hilt, of course).

FO3 Teaser

GenJohnWilliam

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Voyevoda1 wrote:
@GenJohnWilliam That sounds very akin to my experience with the fanchise, although I had to drag my old brick 360 into the living room in the dead of night to download Fallout 3's DLC as it came out. Broken Steel was maybe one of the best birthday presents I've ever recieved Laugh Out Loud

ahhh the old red ring of death. When I got hit with it, I went back and played all of the Resident Evil games from 0 to 4 on the old gamecube I had. I wouldn't have done this if I didnt get the red ring. Even though 0 was a piece of sh*t, I still look back fondly on those days.

May I ask, as well. When you went back to PS2, was it Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition?

it was the original and the 3 dub edition
Back to top Go down
ARCHAON

ARCHAON

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 8:35 pm

I saw a trailer for fallout 3 and thought it looked amazing, then I started looking into this fallout thing and found a fallout 1 demo after hours of research. After playing through it I got the full version and played it for weeks and then got fallout 2 too and they're still some of my favorite games I've played
Back to top Go down
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 2:31 am

@"GenJohnWilliam" Yes! Love it!

I recently bought some old PS2 classics, DUB Edition was one of them. Managed to get Scarface and the original Godfather as well, some really good stuff.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?   What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place? Empty

Back to top Go down

What attracted you gunrs to Fallout in the first place?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next