Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk FCOM ghoul Gear NPCs Ryse Mask mandalorian commonwealth body upgrades space boom Superpele riot money khan daryl dead machine marvel wolfenstein vault boomers Call Reforged
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
New California Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 11:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
New California Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 2:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
New California Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
New California Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
New California Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
New California Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
New California Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
New California Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
New California Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
New California Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:29 am

» Late Introduction
New California Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:29 pm

» Greetings!
New California Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
New California Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
New California Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
New California Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
New California Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
New California Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
New California Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
New California Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
New California Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New California

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kushxOG

kushxOG

New California Empty
PostSubject: New California   New California EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 8:29 am

What are you guys thoughts on the release of New California? (formerly called Project Brazil). I'm currently downloading it as we speak but I've seen gameplay and I have to say the voice acting and overall design of the mod is very impressive, especially since it took them over 7 years to complete, tell me your thoughts of the mod down below..
Gunslinger Joy Dance Banana Dance
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 11:15 am

I can assure you it's the last Fallout game you're ever going to get with any actual classic Fallout Spirit

I played through and completed 3 times for testing, and every time I absolutely loved it

If you can appreciate it for the true successor to the originals that it is then you're in for a fun ride; I forgot it was a mod while I played, feels like genuine content

Back to top Go down
kushxOG

kushxOG

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 3:22 pm

@"Lucianhector" Bro it is amazing, there's just so much potential in this mod. I loved every second of playing it and I see what you mean by the whole classic Fallout spirit. Like how it ties into New Vegas at the end too!! I see what you did t
Back to top Go down
hitman47101

hitman47101

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 4:29 pm

I've gotten quite far into the NCR path but I've stopped now and going back to normal FNV, at least until I can play it then take my character to the Mojave, that's not currently in the mod.

Its very fun and I enjoy it immensely, not perfect by any means but its more New Vegas style Fallout and that's all I want.

To anyone playing it, I can only give one piece of advice, forget about 60 fps, limit to 30 for a much nicer and more consistent experience. A magical optimization patch isn't coming, engine can't handle what they're throwing at it and they seem very reluctant to do any of the massive "downgrading" needed to get the mod to preform well enough to maintain 60 or even 45, especially in the battles.

Looking forward to a more complete version, I really want to integrate it into my characters story, Star Player as the Courier makes a lot more sense then the Lone Wanderer as the Courier.
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 5:35 pm

I think it looks pretty good. And i will play it when my PC is out of the shop. Looks like a classic big quest and worldspace mod. A genuine passion project. Its has that fallout feeling that Fallout 4 and its quest mods just can not get right.

Back to top Go down
MWguitarist

MWguitarist

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 6:15 pm

It is definitely a passion project. This is for sure, the last story driven fallout content you're going to get until the next big mod for new vegas or 4. It is so much fun, it fits perfectly, and I love every minute of it. I'm glad the modding community exists for things like this, to keep the world alive better than Bethesda could do lately.

kushxOG

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 6:55 pm

@"hitman47101" Yeah man I get where you're coming from, the battles are pretty intense like and you experience a drop in FPS like mad but overall I say the creators did a fantastic job on the mod, and I played though the NCR route too. And Star Player as The Courier does make a lot more sense I agree, tbh I couldn't even be arsed with TTW anymore I see what you did t
Back to top Go down
cyber_funk

cyber_funk

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 2:34 am

I have been trying to install it for the past 2 days and finally just gave up. I've used FOMM, MO, MO2, Vortex, all on a single clean separate install of NV with no other mods.

When I go to try and find out what I'm doing wrong I'm met with many other people having these issues and the devs calling them "incompetent".
I've been modding New Vegas since 2011 and never had problems like this, but clearly I'm just incompetent.

I decided to watch gameplay footage on YT because I was curious if they kept the original stupid plot with the time stopping prodigy kid and the alternate dimension McGuffin time machine. and within the first hour of gameplay there was a lolcatz reference, death metal music, a part involving cybersex on a website called "wastedgirlz.net" on a terminal, a ton of lore unfriendly shit and some kid was playing a parody of Cyberpunk 2077 called "robot 2050" or something. I'm not impressed so far tbh but I guess I'll just have to wait until they fix their installation issue because it isn't working for a lot of people.

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 5:16 am

I have only been 3 mission in the enclave path but I like it so far. It is not perfect but I definitely like how action packed the mod is.

The Wasteland references are also nice.

Will there be enough Dakka?
Back to top Go down
hitman47101

hitman47101

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 10:14 am

cyber_funk wrote:
I have been trying to install it for the past 2 days and finally just gave up. I've used FOMM, MO, MO2, Vortex, all on a single clean separate install of NV with no other mods.

You can just install it manually man, that never fails, just drop all the files from the 00 DATA and 02 PLUGINS into your data folder. That's what I did, the installer actually worked for me (forked FOMM) but it took too long so when the update rolled around I just went manual.

As for the devs attitude, I agree they're handling everything poorly but I suspect its because they're swamped and blaming user error is an easy way to ignore bug reports. The shitty out of place references stop or at least decrease dramatically once things kick off in the vault. There's no Cyberpunk reference however, they're just playing a table top roleplaying game that involves robots, nothing says that can't exist in the Fallout universe, now them referencing the fact that Bethesda never made a dice rolling animation, that I can't forgive, disabled that line myself.
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:41 pm

@hitman47101 How was easy was it to switch back? Did you just disable your mods and then start New California?

I'm do feel encouraged that it's worth downloading and playing now. I've been looking forward to it for so long. Most people have good things to say about it.

cyber_funk

cyber_funk

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 6:33 pm

hitman47101 wrote:
There's no Cyberpunk reference however, they're just playing a table top roleplaying game that involves robots, nothing says that can't exist in the Fallout universe, now them referencing the fact that Bethesda never made a dice rolling animation, that I can't forgive, disabled that line myself.

I don't know, I can really appreciate the work they put into it but all this meta stuff and references and 4th wall breaks like the one you mentioned just really rubs me the wrong way and kinda ruins the experience for me. I get they can do whatever they want and that it's their mod, but I'm also allowed to feel however I want about it. it's just unprofessional and in poor taste and I'm not obligated to love it.

Speaking of poor taste I also want to point out they made Braggs out to be "orange man drumpf", "bring America back to it's glory days". I'll also give them the benefit of the doubt and say maybe that wasn't the intention but assuming it is I really don't feel injecting modern politics into Fallout is a good idea. New Vegas had politics, sure, but it's much more nuanced. The political nature of each faction is designed around the world they were molded by. They were all very old, historic ideologies that have existed long before America was even called "The New World". Making A parody of "two scoops orange bloumfpt" has about as much cultural value as a buzzfeed article infested with outdated gifs. It's trashy and makes the mod almost immediately dated.

hitman47101

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 7:15 pm

cyber_funk wrote:
I don't know, I can really appreciate the work they put into it but all this meta stuff and references and 4th wall breaks like the one you mentioned just really rubs me the wrong way and kinda ruins the experience for me.

I agree its totally out a place, its a shame they didn't make use of the Wild Wasteland trait for all that stuff, that's a built in excuse to be silly. And for what its worth, Bragg's character was written in 2012 and has pretty much stayed the same since, I think he's in line with how the Enclave have always been in the Fallout universe, didn't get the sense they were trying to be political in that way myself.

Evmeister wrote:
@hitman47101 How was easy was it to switch back? Did you just disable your mods and then start New California?

For me the installation and removal was easy and worked without a hitch, despite its size its still just a quest mod, an ESM, some BSAs and some loose video and audio files.

I didn't make any accommodations for it at all, didn't uninstall or change any of my mods, the odds it conflicts with many mods are actually very low if you look at the mod in the GECK/FNVEdit, as long as you don't have anything that changes the first two start up quests pretty much. I'm using Jsawyer, EVE, PN Core, WMX, the entire Someguy Series, at least 8 more quest mods most with start up messages, LOD mods, a texture pack, most of PushTheWinButton's mods, a personal weather mod, cut content mods and some experimental mods I've made myself or am testing for friends. I really wouldn't worry about messing up your load order to try and play it.

Cheers.

Edit Turns out I lied a bit by mistake, I did actually fail to install it the first time with FOMM as I ran out of disk space on my main drive haha, had to clear some room for the installation to work.

Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 9:32 pm

Cool thanks @hitman47101 I spent a lot of time in the past setting up the games with mods and patches, especially FOOK and PN togher. Recently came back to it, so I've been trying to avoid messing with the mods too much.

Obdulio

Obdulio

Character sheet
Name: Obdulio
Faction: Dragunov
Level:

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 2:01 pm

That's unfortunate to hear that these 4th wall breaks aren't a Wild Wasteland thing, perhaps it's a bug?
If it isn't maybe they're just going the Fallout 1 & 2 route in terms of humor? [ They didn't have Wild Wasteland after all]  but then again in Fallout 1 & 2 the 4th Wall jokes were typically isolated in random encounters.
Back to top Go down
huythong123

huythong123

Character sheet
Name: Mark
Faction: NCR (because i like them)
Level: 25

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 2:24 pm

this mod was the best there are still some frame drops in some place but overall the mod is great
Edit: just saw the ending and it blew my mind away dude

Last edited by huythong123 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Bragg very much pre-dates Trump's "make America great" and all that. It goes way back to the project brazil days, many years ago in its early stages.

Presidents Eden was pining for the good old days of America too,so it's not unheard of in the fallout universe to want to make America the way it used to be. It's just a coincidence that it sounds like Trump, in this case. The attitude of returning America to the pure, patriotic way it used to be has long been part of Fallout from certain characters.

That being said, if I wanted a radio station with somewhat "tougher" music than was typical in Fallout, I probably would have gone with psychobilly covers of Elvis and the like, and not full-on death metal. Like any Bethesda-engine rpg-ish game, mods will make it better, no matter how good it starts out. I bet the radio will be one of the early sub-mods and in a few years, the nexus will be bristling with all sorts of New Californai mods, because that's just how these things go. I look forward to seeing it and how it grows.

I'm not sure that cybersex _couldn't_ exist in the Fallout universe. That this vault was meant to be inter-connected was part of its story (with each vault having its own quirks and story.) Seems plausible, even if we've not seen it in other vaults. And no matter how much we protest and guess, we truly don't know exactly what life is like in Shady Sands beyond a few hints and tidbits -- do they have working phone system? We can only say "I don't know." Er, unless I missed a bit of lore.
Back to top Go down
thebandmike

thebandmike

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 4:09 pm

Just checking through to see how people are liking it, I myself am holding out for a more final release because not being able to carry over your character as well as a number of little bug reports that im a bit too wary to inject into my game as of now are keeping me from testing it. I have even refrained from watching gameplay etc haha.

On the path of manual install vs installer with different mod managers whats everyones position and experiences so far? I know the dev team recommends vortex but I really swear by the last FOMM build working beautifully for me so im not super on board changing that. Manual install seem to be working well for you @hitman47101 ? I am always slightly wary of manual install just because if something doesnt work manually uninstalling is naturally a huge pain especially with a mod with so many files but i'd rather go that route than use Vortex as of now. Has anyone has any success with installing it with FOMM alone?

hitman47101

hitman47101

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 4:18 pm

thebandmike wrote:
nds vortex but I really swear by the last FOMM build working beautifully for me so im not super on board changing that. Manual install seem to be working well for you @hitman47101?

Yeah, both FOMM and manual worked just fine for me, for the record I'm using FOMM 0.14.11.13.

Just as some general advice for anyone willing to take it, avoid Vortex like a plague-riddled Devil until they add the ability to sort your load order manually. Not including that as an option is honestly one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen from a software developer, its an anti-feature that renders it nothing more then a fancy UI for running LOOT through, a tool that itself is flawed and not great for older games like FNV.
Back to top Go down
Obdulio

Obdulio

Character sheet
Name: Obdulio
Faction: Dragunov
Level:

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Your character passing through New Vegas I assume that means your character in New California is the Courier or is it just stats passing over for the sake of gameplay?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New California Empty
PostSubject: Re: New California   New California Empty

Back to top Go down

New California

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next