Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
ghoul power khan Superpele Call commonwealth marvel body hunk riot vault boomers NPCs money Ryse mandalorian Mask dead Overhaul Gear gauss wolfenstein Reforged boom machine daryl
Latest topics
» Hey guys!!!
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby SilverInc Yesterday at 11:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:06 am

» The Next fallout
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Judge Redd

Judge Redd

Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Empty
PostSubject: Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero)   Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) 9f26f811
Welcome Folks 
So we are here again, with your good undead buddy ZombieRedNeck to finish up our Reviews on the Cube Trilogy, and may I say, I am happy with this sequel to the original film. Writer and Director Ernie Barbarash does a rather good job with this prequel film, but not as good a job that its on par with the original. Still watchable, interesting and enjoyable, let me introduce you to "Cube Zero":  

Basic Plot: Set before the events of the previous films. As group of strangers awaken with no memory to find they have been involuntarily placed in a maze containing deadly traps, a young man whose job is to watch over the Cube endeavours to rescue a woman trapped within. With his knowledge of the Traps and layout of the cube, is it possible for him to not only save her, but also get them all out alive? Or will those who employ him discover his plans before it’s too late? 

Genre: Once again, like the original, we hit back into the familiar territory of Sci-Fi/Mystery/Body horror. This time with the added bonus that we finally get some answers to questions from the first movie, like is there anyone watching the people in the cubes. So this movie does what the second movie did not, which was remain interesting, while also bringing something new to the table. 

Level of Blood and Gore: Along with a nice somewhat return to form, we also get the return of a blood and gore. Hurray! We see people rot away, sound used to blow someone up, a person burnt alive, people sliced up, and my personal favourite, a guy who is covered with acid and slowly melts away into a puddle of gore and blood, with just his skeleton there. Whoo, not for the faint of heart. Hey, Splatter-Fans, this is a nice scene for you. 

Setting: Unlike the last two movies, this Cube seems to be a bit more run down, or basic looking. You can tell it’s in its early stages of development since nothing is shiny, and looks like it’s made to just work, and not to impress anyone. It’s not built to be pretty, it’s built to be efficient, or at least this early a stage is. The control room on the other hand, despite being dark and looking a little like a run down version of David Tenants Tardis in Doctor Who, is less clean than that of the cube itself. Which I suppose is to be expected considering the fact that all these guys do is monitor the victims and read over paperwork. (Anyone who has ever worked in an office will know that your desk doesn’t always have to be tidy to get your work done). However the fact remains that this kind of takes away for what we all have come to see in this movie, which is the kills. Speaking of which. 

Kills: As with almost everything else in this movie, the kills are a return to form. We see people blow up, rot, be dropped from a high spot and splat, burnt alive, and of course melt. While this movie isn’t as great as the original movie, the kills are a nice reminder of how great the original movie was. It also serves as a way to repress the horrible movie that was Hypercube.

How it racks up: Is it as good as the original? Not really, but it is okay considering it’s a prequel. Is it better than HyperCube? Hell yes! It’s a nice little rough gem, that while not perfect, is an enjoyable watch that answers a few of the questions the original movie left us asking. While not answering what is behind the original idea of the Cube, it still gives us some answers that we may have been asking ourselves. Where it falls flat is that it seems to get silly in some parts,
Slight spoiler :
Its not a fantastic sequel but it is enjoyable and an interesting watch. 

Overall Mark: 5.8/10
While this movie is better than the first sequel, it falls short in some areas which just makes it a fun film to finish the series on. Its got some good effects, and a rather intriguing group of characters that keeps the viewer entertained for the most part of the film. Is it an instant classic? No. Is it good enough to be considered a cult film? Yes. Some people will like it, some folks will hate it. But thats the case with a lot of movies. 

This movie is Rated R for blood, gore, and scenes that might upset some audiences. 

If you have a movie you would like me to review be sure to leave it in the comments below. 
Back to top Go down
August Underground

August Underground

Character sheet
Name: Eme
Faction: Dahmerize Me
Level: gethelp.jpeg

PostSubject: Re: Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero)   Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 7:59 am

Nice review Zombie, i liked it Smile

Now about the movie, i dislike this one just like hypercube because i think it's insulting that they don't explain nothing, nothing at all. I mean, they build up a "HOLY SHIT" cube with lots (and i mean lots) of money and technology that would bankrupt any country in the world. They screw with the personal in every  unimaginable way with some Jigsaw style lethal traps and they put them to dance with metaphysics tales, algebra problems, ethic-psychic approaches of the soul and memory and the eternal dilemma of "Someone is watching you... for what? For nothing. If we talk about wich movie sucked the most, Hypercube wins for just a little, little,very tiny little bit, because zero was also really bad for me. At least the first movie was very original.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero)   Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 am

Yes! Was waiting for this review! Now I did like the first movie the most out of the 3, but Cube Zero was to me right up there with the original Cube. I like the story and how we see a certain character from the first film get into the Cube. As others stated there are unanswered questions. Would have liked to see the series continue minus hyper Cube but, a enjoyable film. Great as always. Look forward to the next one!

PostSubject: Re: Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero)   Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tombstone Review: The Cube Trilogy (Part 3: Cube Zero)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1