Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
khan ghoul wolfenstein mandalorian hunk daryl Mask boomers boom dead Ryse Overhaul Reforged body marvel Gear NPCs commonwealth Call Superpele money riot gauss power vault machine
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowshade

shadowshade

[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Empty
PostSubject: [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved]   [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 6:14 pm

I want more Asari for my Sci-fi project and did some edits to the liara-headmesh from Isquall's Asari Project. I imported the .nif into 3ds and send the scene to mudbox and when I finished there I send it back to 3ds and saved from there as .nif, opened the .nif in NifSkope and exported the headmesh as an .obj, then I replaced the headmesh from the original liaramorph.nif with the edited one. Everything looks fine in Nifskope but in the GECK as well as in the game the head is messed up: parts are missing, the texture is weird and there's that plane-thing stretching away.
Spoiler:

The texture, which is from Eleonora Arcuri - elyhumanoid.deviantART.com, is definitely not what's causing the problem here.

In case anyone is wondering why I don't make those changes in the game - it seems one can't: when I try to change the shape in the race menu nothing happens and when I try to do the same in the GECK it instantly crashes.

Edit 1: Upon further testing I think the problem is related to the .egm and .tri files for the new headmesh. I tried using the Conformulator by setting as the .tri the one that comes with the above mentioned Asari-Project-Mod and as the .obj the according export of the new headmesh. Unfortunately the headmesh is still distorted - just differently:

Spoiler:

The odd thing about this is that when I set the preview-option in the GECk to head-only everything looks fine. But when I set it to the full-body or when I'm in game I get these ugly distortions.

Edit 2: When I export from Mudbox as .obj I don't get the distortions. Unfortunately something is wrong with the Materials, even though I also selected the Material before exporting. It is also the case that I don't get the .mtl-file, one normaly gets when for example exporting as .obj via Nifskope. The strange thing is that everything looks fine material-wise in Nifskope - the settings are the exact same; apart from the error message I get when importing.

Spoiler:

Last edited by shadowshade on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved]   [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 5:18 am

Generally I strictly work with Blender for custom races, but one thing that could have happened between the obj exporting/importing was some of the verts may have become out of order. As for the infinity stretching mesh there, make sure everything is still weighted right. Seems like something isn't parented right.

However distortions like this I've noticed have been because of the EGM made by the conformulator. The ones generated from it will create some bizarre monstrosities. You can always create your own in Blender, but I would advise against it.

I helped a bit with this guide, and it's the most comprehensive for custom races in FNV: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62328/?

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved]   [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks for trying to help!

I'm at the end of part 2 of the tutorial you linked and when trying to export with Blender as .nif I get error - float division

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.9 (running on Blender 249, PyFFI 2.1.11)
niftools.blender.export:WARNING:[Object "LiaraHeadRiggedLa"] has no vertices, skipped.
niftools.blender.export:WARNING:Renaming material 'noname' to ''
niftools.blender.export:WARNING:Using less than 18 bones per partition on Oblivion/Fallout 3 export. Set it to 18 to get higher quality skin partitions.
niftools.blender.export:WARNING:Lost 0.015720 in vertex weights while creating a skin partition for Blender object 'LiaraHeadRiggedLast_0' (nif block 'LiaraHeadRiggedLast_0')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py", line 1235, in gui_button_event
self.gui_exit()
File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py", line 1598, in gui_exit
self.callback(**self.config)
File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\export\export_nif.py", line 4575, in config_callback
exporter = NifExport(**config)
File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\export\export_nif.py", line 407, in __init__
root_block, root_object.getName())
File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\export\export_nif.py", line 1186, in export_node
self.export_children(ob, node)
File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\export\export_nif.py", line 3149, in export_children
parent_block, ob_child.getName())
File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\export\export_nif.py", line 1112, in export_node
self.export_tri_shapes(ob, space, parent_block, node_name) File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\export\export_nif.py", line 2684, in export_tri_shapes self.exportEgm(key.blocks)
File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\export\export_nif.py", line 4569, in exportEgm
morph.set_relative_vertices(relative_vertices)
File "F:\Blender Portable 2.49b\X-Blender_2.49b_rev8\Bin\Blender\pyffi\formats\egm\__init__.py", line 386, in set_relative_vertices
inv_scale = 1 / self.scale
ZeroDivisionError: float division

I followed the instructions meticulously and have no idea what that error-message is all about.
Back to top Go down
beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved]   [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Sorry, I can't make much sense of Blender's error reports.

Can you send me the model you edited, and the original you based it off? I can find out what's wrong a lot faster than typing back and forth.

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved]   [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 9:26 am

beardofsocrates wrote:
Can you send me the model you edited, and the original you based it off?

Sure and thanks!

I am in doubt though regarding the original - it's liaramorph.nif from Isquall's "Asari Project - Liara T'Soni"

Code:
http://lsquall.deviantart.com/art/Fallout-New-Vegas-MOD-Asari-Project-Liara-T-Soni-344570697

As far as I see it's still not clear what guidelines apply to his content:
Code:
http://www.gunetwork.org/t3180p20-leon-race-mod

My stuff is here:
Code:
deleted

Edit: As suggested I send you a PM.

"CMDmorph.nif" is the file with what I think - see Edit 2 in my first post - is an issue with the material.
"asari1.blend" came into being by exporting the headmesh from Mudbox as .obj and then following as far as part 2 the steps described in the tutorial you linked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved]   [FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved] Empty

Back to top Go down

[FNV] Problem with Headmesh [solved]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1