Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear machine gauss commonwealth NPCs body Call mandalorian vault khan Superpele wolfenstein power Mask marvel daryl boom boomers ghoul money riot Reforged Overhaul dead Ryse hunk
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 6:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

» Late Introduction
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm

» Greetings!
Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eac4

eac4

Character sheet
Name: Howard Sterling
Faction: NCR
Level: 48

Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Empty
PostSubject: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 5:15 pm

In every fallout game you play the role of THE hero and you decide the outcome of the game. Do you guys like this, it can lead to epic moments however i believe you could become more immersed into the game if you played much smaller rolls such as a scavenger, a raider, a mercenary, etc. while still being able to take part in large events. For example if you were a soldier in the Enclave or B.O.S during the attack on the water purifier in Fallout 3.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 6:55 pm

I like being the sole hero. It makes your story more legendary. All of the Fallout games have protagonists that become Legends of the wastes and then fade into mythology after their story comes to an end. I like this, as it makes you feel like you are this unstoppable badass that can withstand any sort of punishment and cruelty inflicted by the wasteland.

To make your role a little smaller would be to minimise your participation in the war itself, therefore you'd just have your buddies do everything and the storyline wouldn't be as fun. All of the Fallout games had some sort of war that was only finished because some unstoppable badass such as you came along and ended it. In fact, a lot of the factions in Fallout would have been crushed be it not your intervention. Take the Lyons BoS and Minutemen for example.
Back to top Go down
eac4

eac4

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Huh, i've never quite seen it that way but i think your right the example at the end made me realize your point. I still would like a smaller role more survival game but hey that's opinion. Thanks for the post @"Corvo"

Aidan_r_m

Aidan_r_m

Character sheet
Name: EddieMcPickle
Faction: Don'tTazeMeBro
Level: 666

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Me, me, me! I love being a bonified badass that melts any bad guys that makes the mistake of living on the same planet as me.

Cerruti

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Being a sole hero is a bit the soul of Fallout games.
How to trust someone in an apocalyptic world, where there is no authority, justice or rules.
Why be a pawn when one can be a savior.

eac4

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:00 pm

@"Cerruti" very Well put!

Jewbacca

Jewbacca

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Personally I don't have a problem with it in Fallout. Usually you have help along the way, be it an army, companions, useful NPCs that help you as you progress.
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 9:18 pm

For the Fallout series, it makes a lot of sense. As Corvo had mentioned, you'd end up being a lot less significant in terms of the story as a whole if you were not the lone hero. However, i personally don't like being the player who is totally alone. I always like to have a few companions with me. it feels like we're a team who can take on the wasteland and anything it throws at us. it's a cool feeling Smile

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 12:06 am

Not me I don't feel myself like a hero in fallout games , but more like a business man who tries to get stuff running again and assassinate things that threaten his or his allies goals
Back to top Go down
c4in

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 12:37 am

My playstyle may vary each playthrough, it quite depends if I'm a bad or a good guy. But the most of the time I'm just a "lone wanderer" minding his own business. I rarely act like a superhero or THE hero of the story, I'm more like a random guy who got dragged to this big event by coincidence.

One time I started playing Fallout 2 with melee character, put 1 INT and named him Gronak just for laughs. Other character I remember was a drug dealer / addict.
Back to top Go down
Ezio987

Ezio987

Character sheet
Name: Bruno
Faction: BoS, NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 12:46 am

Not wanting to brag, but every game I play, I'm always the "good guy". On fallout new vegas I tried to play without damaging BoS, NCR .. But I had to get into Caesar's base and kill everyone including him: v

Patriot1776

Patriot1776

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 12:53 am

I love being the "Savior of the Waste" so to speak. I feel like I rule the wasteland and can right wrongs I see. Of course I like starting out as a nobody, just someone trying to survive, but as you progress through the game and level up and get better gear I love becoming the Hero/Legend who won the Wasteland. It really makes you feel like you can make an impact in the game world and your one of the important figures in the Fallout Worlds. Of course sometimes on my play-through's I like playing as someone just trying to get by, or a "normal/average" survivor
Back to top Go down
Acekiler

Acekiler

Character sheet
Name: Acekiler 45
Faction: Tsarnov's Legion
Level: 69

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 1:29 am

I never play that good guy trope it's over used and over fucking rated Most of my fallout experiences include shoving an RPK up someones ass and pulling the trigger. That's the type of game I like to play as the true "Lone Wanderer" because everything else is dead except dogmeat and dogs because dogs are great.
Back to top Go down
GamerRaizen

GamerRaizen

Character sheet
Name: Marcus Adeyemi
Faction: Followers of the Apocalypse
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 1:42 am

I'd like to think of myself as a hero...but the line is pretty thin in the Fallout universe.

I'll give an example....

Say you're wandering the Mojave and happen to stumble upon a stash of Fixer along with some Stimpaks, a couple Doctor's Bags and a little food....you take it and keep on truckin'...

But...

What if that stash was hidden by a family who'd gone out scavenging for more supplies?
Now you're responsible for their starving children.

Moral is....we're all really horrible people Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? 1f602

MorningCoffee
Back to top Go down
Timeseeker

Timeseeker

Character sheet
Name: Blues
Faction: Light Labs
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 1:45 am

I, myself, prefer stories that tell of humanity banding together to defeat a great evil & overcome any obstacle in the way of righteousness.
But... I do love being the sole hero, too. A badass everyone fears and reveres. The one person with the power to make or break the world. A catalyst.

IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 2:20 am

Depends. I kind of like a story filled with human characters as opposed to unstoppable badasses.
That said, the self gratifying ass kissing that comes with being the sole hero  is great for my ego.

Back to top Go down
eac4

eac4

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:46 am

@"frootcakes" @"IRORIEH" definatly i agree i feel as if it is more immersive and gives a certain feeling to being a part of a group that must band together to overcome something while at the same time i think we all love being as @"IRORIEH" says and i quote "the self gratifying ass kissing that comes with being the sole hero" is always nice. Thanks for your comments guys!

MotionlessGhost

MotionlessGhost

Character sheet
Name: Evelyn
Faction: Vault 76
Level: 110

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 7:03 am

I like games when you start out as a nobody, you have nothing to your name, and you get the crap beaten out of you at every corner. Then throughout the game you establish yourself throughout the game world, finish quests, gain prestige, and become well known through your own actions. You become more powerful as well as time goes on, you finally call the shots, become badass and feel badass as well by the ending. I feel it adds a strong feeling of accomplishment to the game. If done right it can really improve a game for me personally. It's why I enjoy playing Commander Shepard in Mass Effect or the Nerevarine in Morrowind.

Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? 2UdjtkR
Back to top Go down
shadowshade

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 10:38 am

"If done right" (MotionlessGhost)
I think Morrowind is a good example for not doing this right, because at the end you are totally overpowered, you can kill everything and everyone. While you can't say the same regarding Mass Effect, which  - I agree - did it right, because whenever you are acting inside the game-world you never feel out-of-universe so to speak.
I mean if you have godlike powers and are therefore able to dominate the world of the game - you are not any longer part of that world.
So most games would do well going the route eac4 suggested: "i believe you could become more immersed into the game if you played much smaller rolls".
I still remember how great Gothic 1 was before you got that game's version of a power armor and could clean the map of any hostiles.
While in Mass Effect the player was seperated explicitely by the game from the world of the game by being put in some kind of bubble where the player, apart from being able to make a global decision, was limited to the role of a spectator. In a simplified way: as long as Shepard is acting and not contemplating - he is still a vulnerable human and part of a team. And that's the way I like it best.
Back to top Go down
Caged_Onion

Caged_Onion

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 12:14 am

I definitely like being the hero, but I really like what New Vegas did with Ulysses where he's almost like a second "hero". Maybe not necessarily heroic, but they did build him up as being another character with great influence in the wasteland like yourself. So yeah, I like being a hero among heroes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?   Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who likes being the sole-hero in Fallout games?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next