Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boom machine Gear Ryse wolfenstein Overhaul daryl ghoul Superpele riot boomers Call mandalorian hunk Reforged dead power gauss vault khan marvel commonwealth Mask money NPCs body
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu 25 Apr 2024 - 23:46

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Nicward Sun 21 Apr 2024 - 4:50

» Howdy from grandmastoes
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Apoc Wed 17 Apr 2024 - 6:06

» armor slot changing in creation kit
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Meno Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 20:22

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby gavin gold Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 20:22

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby HardComma Thu 11 Apr 2024 - 7:42

» Hello from nexus
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby noacctname1 Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 13:54

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby BellToadTall Thu 4 Apr 2024 - 4:06

» The Next fallout
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby BellToadTall Thu 4 Apr 2024 - 4:01

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby BellToadTall Thu 4 Apr 2024 - 3:55

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby CosmoMods Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 8:52

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Evmeister Sun 31 Mar 2024 - 23:11

» Guns you want in Fallout
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Lupinboi Wed 27 Mar 2024 - 8:21

» black doors in sierra madre bug
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 21:27

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby john96 Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 16:14

» Modder looking for gun mods
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Bset Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 19:33

» schorched enclave officer
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Smash96 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 18:13

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby DHB00P Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 15:29

» Late Introduction
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Battleclad Sun 3 Mar 2024 - 5:29

» Greetings!
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 22:01

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle

(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 4:39

That's the thing, there is no right choice, no wrong choice, and the choice I want doesn't appear to be available (unite the factions).
Back to top Go down
kalitx

kalitx

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 4:51

Ok without spoiling anything for you, the ending regardless of your actions has a lot of TOUGH choices. Your question of Brotherhood vs Synths, ask yourself which faction YOU think would do the best job in helping the commonwealth, but more importantly based on your CURRENT interactions in FO4 (try not to think of info from other games/sources) who do you get a long with the best and would be the greater faction to have as an ally. Hope this helps mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 4:59

I have to give Bethesda credit... I had heard that the Institute would be a faction choice, but as I've played through the game I've laughed at the idea of that... my thinking has been 'f**k that, I'm taking these guys down!'

And then I get to the big 'twist' and my entire notion of the story, right and wrong, etc has been flipped on its ear. And now I don't know what to do either. >.<

/shakes fists
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 5:17

I always that the answer was pretty simple. Despite your son leading the Institute, they were still replacing people on the surface with synths. That's so wrong. That choice to survive should be given to the people of the Commonwealth. The Institute already gave up on the people. The lesser of two evils is BoS imo.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 7:30

Well I believe they are convincing, but they are miserable. They can't even control their own products, how can I expect them to be the "future of the Commonwealth". It's pretty obvious that they are trying to re-create the world before the war, except with machinery, they even create Synthetic Gorrilas (they couldn't even control that lol, the gorillas killed some of their workers - assuming workers here are their synths), with edible Synthetic meat, yet says synths with implanted personalities and memories/experiences of others, are still just machines and can't feel anything.

A future with the Institue = a future of everything being replaced by robots/synthetics/cyborgs. I don't think they are trying to save the REAL humans at all because they probably believed that there are no hope for them, because apparently they are all infected with radiation (main quest line reference).

I was going to join them too, but nope. I destroyed them, then after that, the Railroad (after learned that a synth whom memory was erased by the Railroad became a bandit leader and raid on people, I think the escaped synths are better off without the Railroad since they are good by nature imo), and after that, the Brotherhood of Steel.

Pro Minutemen.  Smug  RockOn

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 7:33

@geniusduck But than with the synths you'll have a lot of these scenarios. They were slowly taking over the real human life population. At least the BoS wants to kill everything that its an "abomination".

Minor Spoilers:

Last edited by maybenexttime on Sat 21 Nov 2015 - 7:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 7:34

maybenexttime wrote:
But than with the synths you'll have a lot of these scenarios. They were slowly taking over the real human life population. At least the BoS wants to kill everything that its an "abomination".

Minor Spoilers:

My vision of the future with the Institute:
(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Wall-E-2-fat-humans

Cus, y'know, they rely wayyy to much on their Synths to do all the hard work.
p.s:
I've also encountered that guy as well closed eyes smile.

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 7:45

I'm still looking for the fake Preston one because I heard that one is a lot funnier.

mpaz96

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 8:14

It was a hard decission indeed, but I ended up choosing the Brotherhood of Steel. The Institute say they are saving the world but they are actually killing it and replacing it with machines, basically saying "fuck the Commonwealth". They are not saving humanity, they are only doing what they want and say that to justify their actions.

The Railroad only think of Synths instead of looking out for everyone, like the Minutemen, once they are done with The Institute they'll stop helping since there are no more Synths. At least that's what I think, I didn't actually join them to see what happens.

The BoS is going to actually save the Commonwealth by killing Raiders and Super Mutants. Meanwhile The Institute was the living example of humanity not knowing how to use technology.

kalitx

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 11:25

Brotherhood are perfectly fine killing ghouls too, feral or not. Plus the brotherhood just have so much anger (some racism too) which is understandable to an extent given what they've gone through, but these guys are too extreme it's uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 16:29

@kalitx I agree. Brotherhood is where I was leaning initially, but their genocidal tendencies disagree with me.  They'd kill the 'good' super mutants (Virgil, Fawkes, etc) just as quickly as the dangerous ones, and not all synths are bad as evidenced by Nick and some of the ones you help.  And I really like some of the non-feral ghouls, like Gob and Edward.

So while I don't like the idea of the Institute essentially manufacturing synthetic people, its hard to see the BOS in a much better light.  They'd kill a lot of good people, a lot of smart people, simply for not being entirely human.
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 16:54

The Brotherhood became the exact thing Lyons hated, Violent and Negligent. Arthur turned the Brotherhood into a group of violent barbarians who don't give any shits about the future of the Wasteland, only their own. The Institute are an interesting bunch because I believe in what they are saying but there actions with manufacturing Synths and overall attitude with outsiders is very split with me. The idea of rebuilding the World to what it once was is a very promising, promise. With you as the new Director of the Institute it only makes it more possible. The Minutemen are truly the best faction however, they simply want Freedom and restoration to the Commonwealth. They don't want to plunge the Commonwealth into war or separate it, they want to make it safe to inhabit, and that's admirable. The Railroad has their hearts in the right place but there ego centric attitude really gripes me, like news flash, get your heads out of your asses. Bethesda really should have adjusted some of the factions and what you can do with them and how you can make them change their ways in some degrees. Overall the bad guys in this game are clearly the Brotherhood, simply for their hate and their genocidal behavior towards Mutants, hostile or not.
Back to top Go down
kalitx

kalitx

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 17:24

@"Kira Yoshikage" Remember Lyons changed the Brotherhood back in DC after what he experienced in Pittsburgh. It's why the faction was split (Outcast and Lyon's Pride) if anything the Brotherhood reverted back to their old ways sadly.

My only issue with the Minutemen is that they really don't have the resources or power, I doubt they could actually lead the commonwealth from a strong position.
Back to top Go down
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 17:42

Well I say join the Institute,why tho?Because they seem like the good guys in Fallout 4.When I had to choose between the BoS and the Institute thousands of thoughts went through my mind but eventually I sided with the Institute because as I said aboive they seem like the good guys,they at least do something to protect humanity with whie the BoS are just standing there doing their speeches the Institute acts at least,also in my opinion I think the BoS are jealous of the Institute because their techology is better,but IF i get the chance I will screw all the Factions and lead the Minutemen as the main faction of the Commonwealth and destroy the BoS,The Institute and of course the Railroad which in my opinion are well...weak.
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 21:04

Well, i heard the institute isn't actally good either since they control the population with heir godly technology...thus the Commonwealth cannt really progress and evolve thus making it more "middle age" stylewhere a most powerful being or small Group of people lead all the Others...

BOS, as far as i know, isn't really into it and if it's really Lyons's BOS they are actualy good guys as they do well in DC.

Unless something happened to the BOS between FO3 and FO4

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 21:24

That's why I love this game so much, choosing a faction is reeeeeally hard, unlike New Vegas where almost everyone sided with the NCR and then went for an independant New Vegas. None of this factions are perfect, all of them have flaws, major flaws.

I chose the BoS because even when they kill some good ghouls and Super Mutants, The Institute is killing everyone, they are replacing them with synths, they are even creating Gorillas (did I write that right?), they even tell you that they don't see a future for the Commonwealth.

In the end the best faction in my opinion truly is The Minutemen, it's sad that they didn't play a major role in the main story, but I guess that makes sense, since they, unlike everyone, didn't see The Institute as their only enemy, they worried for a lot of different enemies as well like Ferals, Raiders, etc.

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 23:31

pizzamonster94 wrote:
Well, i heard the institute isn't actally good either since they control the population with heir godly technology...thus the Commonwealth cannt really progress and evolve thus making it more "middle age" stylewhere a most powerful being or small Group of people lead all the Others...

BOS, as far as i know, isn't really into it and if it's really Lyons's BOS they are actualy good guys as they do well in DC.

Unless something happened to the BOS between FO3 and FO4

Its very different in FO4. A new, younger guy leads them now and they're back to the 'anything that isn't human is an abomination' way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion   (MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

(MAJOR SPOILERS) Fallout 4 Factions Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next