Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse Reforged wolfenstein boomers commonwealth khan riot gauss dead Overhaul money daryl boom NPCs machine mandalorian Call Superpele Gear Mask marvel body hunk power ghoul vault
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Today at 2:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Today at 5:57 am

» The Next fallout
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 5:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» Starfield
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 10:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How many mods is to much?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tgspy

tgspy

Character sheet
Name: Intern John
Faction: Frontier NCR Regiment
Level: 5

How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 9:51 pm

I usually play with well over 125 mods, up into the 150 count, with no problems at all. So no mods is to much for me. Plus, if I ever run into issues, I can just merge a load of them together

Back to top Go down
sirnathanq

sirnathanq

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 10:08 pm

Yeah, I'll also put in that you should only merge mods that you know are going to be compatible, and you know exactly what they do. For instance, I have a huge merged esp of all the weapons and armour sets I deactivated to make space for patches or more ambitious mods.
I personally wouldn't try to merge anything that's at all complex or expansive, that's what the space left by the giant one-weapon/armour .esp borg is for.
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 3:35 am

OrmrSnaethorsen wrote:
Quote :
There are ESP/ESM. BSA and "loose files". Each take their toll on the game as you add them. There is an actual max for the plugins (ESP/ESM) that cannot be broken. I believe it is 255 total

Incorrect, man. That's the theoretical limit for Skyrim, not Fallout 3/NV. Who play with over 140 plugins anyway and enjoys a stable game? Few people I should think.

Double check your info. The Gamebro engine can indeed accept a max of 255. Fallout 3, NV and Skyrim all run with the same engine but has been tweaked. The 255 mentioned is the is the total max engine limit as I stated in my response to the OP. However individuals rarely if ever reach this limit and depends on the game, mods, scripts and other factors including hardware and setup and even what changes Bethesda has done for that engine Wink. I myself have had more than 170 perfectly stable and played through the entire game as well as others. The "plugin limit of 140 for FNV" is a myth. It is just your rig cannot handle the added mods (stress) based on your config, mods, and what Bethesda has done to the engine. Oh and it doesn't matter if you have a supercomputer Multi-core monster. There is some theories of thought that this actually makes the game more unstable.

I personally try to keep my load order ~100 to 120 plugins and the textures needed to run. I haven't run ENBs or custom .ini except when absolutely necessary and I also rarely run 4gb patches as they aren't needed for my setup. As a result.. I have a rock solid game play each and every time and can play until my hand cramps up without any crashes. Yes. this is for FNV Wink.

patrikfroman

patrikfroman

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:10 am

I can use about 135 different ESM/ESPs before I run into issues so you can just merge some mods to one ESP to go around the ESP limit problem.

EVGA GTX 980 Classified 1.5GHz OC
Samsung 840 pro 120gb SSD
Samsung 840 EVO 500gb SSD
Seagate 1tb HDD
Corsair RM850 PSU
2x ASUS 24" 1080p monitor
1x DELL 27" 1440p monitor
Back to top Go down
YeezusJeezus

YeezusJeezus

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 1:55 pm

In my opinion, you can never have enough mods.

DirtyPockets

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:36 pm

I try to keep mine >100 in most cases, this goes for all Bethesda games that I mod.
Back to top Go down
wealthywyatt

wealthywyatt

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:20 pm

When you start getting too many exclamation marks lol that how iIaways check

myuhinny

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Depends on what you are installing it also depends on how many of those mods have BSA's in them from what I have read that many think that BSA's also count towards your load order limit.
Back to top Go down
HaroldBatman

HaroldBatman

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:46 pm

Silly fool, there is no such thing as "Too much mods".
Back to top Go down
soap_is_dope

soap_is_dope

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:03 pm

As as many as your computer can handle!

Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance Banana Dance
Back to top Go down
https://www.gunetwork.org

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 5:07 pm

I like to keep my active mods at around 120, if I go over  140'll start getting red and white exclamation points around the world space..

Some bugs in the past infuriated me, I said I'd quit, I'd go play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Skyrim, and not come back, but so far I've always came back to it closed eyes smile
Back to top Go down
aerystmd

aerystmd

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 5:36 pm

Thanks to FNVedit & merge plugins script it can be a lot! Right now my merged armory alone (weapons & apparel) is over 80 merged plugins. Not to mention that I use a bunch of common mods too & I merge them if possible. I merge anything that seems sensible to merge like race mods, hairpacks, skill boosters, town re-edits, house mods & lighting overhauls. I leave heavily scripted mods alone. I also painstakingly edit to remove leveled lists & item containers & just use item browser which helps avoiding clutter & conflicts (otherwise, doc mitchell house is not a pretty sight.) Although I do use quest mods, I made it a habit not too keep them. I play them one at a time & then revert to my backup save once finished. Right now I think I have 45-50 plugins in my load order but in totality it's probably over 200+ mods actually used, thanks to the merges.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSxiWxc620dpLFj4nUt_bqA
LuiZFG

LuiZFG

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Gotta agree with @soap_is_dope, AS MANY AS YOUR COMPUTER CAN HANDLE!

The right to be a God...
Back to top Go down
Ryumera

Ryumera

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:56 am

Well,

Around 100 in New Vegas, its kinda stable... I try to keep it around 100 because of obvious issues with the actual engine, not my computer.

I had over 230 mods installed into Skyrim, along with a ENB. It actually ran pretty smoothly and I was beyond surprised, had a few hiccup textures here and there, but I was satisfied. Then my hard drive decided to corrupt and I lost the entire mod folder, and I haven't been able to reconstruct that beauty of a abomination I called my mod list.

wealthywyatt

wealthywyatt

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 7:07 am

I never fully understood how Merged patches go. I just use it because YouTube and some forms told me to make them but I never really saw a difference in my game.

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:48 pm

HaroldBatman wrote:
Silly fool, there is no such thing as "Too much mods".

@HaroldBatman
do not offend people on this page. think next time before you post something. if i catch you ever with something like this again you will be sanctioned. -rex

GUN's Kanye

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:09 pm

Uh rex i think he just playing fam but uh go ahead and regulate @Cpt.Rex

http://GamingIlluminaughty.com
tgspy

tgspy

Character sheet
Name: Intern John
Faction: Frontier NCR Regiment
Level: 5

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:39 pm

Depends entirely on what you mean by too many mods. Does this mean plugins enabled at one time, does it mean mods overall, as some mods don't have esms or esps. Personally, it depends on how well you can manage them.

If you have say, 160 mods enabled and in a perfect world each mod had 1 esm or esp(I said perfect world jeez), and you start experiencing slow downs, then some people or most would just start disabling ones they don't need or even ones they feel could be causing problems.

For me, I find the best thing to do is combine a number of what I like to call "addon" esps, or esps or esm that just change or add content to an existing mod, into one. So for example, I would combine all mods that are wmx esps into one, drastically reducing the load order. Generally, I haven't found a huge difference when combining addons together, only problem I can get is the weird "engine has shat itself bug", where textures and everything just mucks up. Other than that, you can have as many mods as you like, especially if they're texture mods with no esps or esms

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many mods is to much?   How many mods is to much? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many mods is to much?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next