Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel Gear commonwealth Mask body gauss vault Superpele daryl Overhaul boom hunk Ryse ghoul power Reforged NPCs khan machine boomers dead wolfenstein money Call riot mandalorian
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 8:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm

» Greetings!
Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Independent Vegas better or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BillyJohn

BillyJohn

Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:18 am

CrimsonPhoenix7 wrote:
@BillyJohn

Anyone without Pulse grenades, Pulse Guns, or other forms of EMPs :-)

They gotta get close enough first. The Securitrons have missiles and grenade launchers to deal with long range enemies. I think they would hold up fin. if they needed a little help I could always call on the boomers to air strike the enemy. I allied up with the Brotherhood as well so they could always help.
Back to top Go down
BillyJohn

BillyJohn

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:20 am

MickUp wrote:
BillyJohn wrote:
MickUp wrote:
I like one independent Vegas because is better because no high prices on taxes , no slavery because of    Caesar's legion and no securit robots in Vega's streets

I'm pretty sure the robots are still there otherwise it would be anarchy, unless you want that...

Anarchy in Fallout it's natural friend

I'd much prefer order and peace if I was in charge, and by my ending I achieved that.
Back to top Go down
Andrees92

Andrees92

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:21 am

I always think the Mojave needs a need power to maintain, and cannot be alone in the hands of the Courier as he is that essentially, and wouldn't be the most fit person for the position of Ruler of New Vegas.
Its not chaos, because with the securitron army and such, things would be fine, but a plan for the future is needed, and thats what the major factions have and I believe the Courier lacks.

A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he quits, or if he dies.

Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Untitl10

The same boiling water that softens potatoes, hardens eggs. It's all about what you're made of, not your circumstances.
Back to top Go down
BillyJohn

BillyJohn

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:36 am

Andrees92 wrote:
I always think the Mojave needs a need power to maintain, and cannot be alone in the hands of the Courier as he is that essentially, and wouldn't be the most fit person for the position of Ruler of New Vegas.
Its not chaos, because with the securitron army and such, things would be fine, but a plan for the future is needed, and thats what the major factions have and I believe the Courier lacks.

You're the courier remember, its up to whatever you had in mind for Vegas. Do you even roleplay bro? lol
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
fallouter

fallouter

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 8:19 am

Yes Man for president! Most of the NPCs in New Vegas always respond that they "should work towards a more independent Vegas". I never side with anyone other than Mr.House only because i feel guilty when i go to kill him and see his frail old body asking why I've done this , basically giving me the guilt trip at the last second lol.
Back to top Go down
Praefect

Praefect

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 8:57 am

You can't leave New Vegas without anyone running it, and the courier's presence at the end of the game is questionable, more likely disappearing forever rather than 'ruling' the city. It's been five years since the game's been released and people still don't realise that Mr House is the only person capable of delivering and securing a glorious future for New Vegas.

He realises the many faults of both the NCR and the Legion, and also of anarchy and 'independence'. On the contrary, Mr House does not want to repeat the mistakes of the past, and instead has a deep interest in humanities future, and that of his home city.

A visionary and an idealist who has the will, intelligence, and power to make humanity great again.

The House Always Wins
Back to top Go down
blaze1514

blaze1514

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:07 am

Praefect wrote:
You can't leave New Vegas without anyone running it, and the courier's presence at the end of the game is questionable, more likely disappearing forever rather than 'ruling' the city. It's been five years since the game's been released and people still don't realise that Mr House is the only person capable of delivering and securing a glorious future for New Vegas.

He realises the many faults of both the NCR and the Legion, and also of anarchy and 'independence'. On the contrary, Mr House does not want to repeat the mistakes of the past, and instead has a deep interest in humanities future, and that of his home city.

A visionary and an idealist who has the will, intelligence, and power to make humanity great again.

The House Always Wins
Exactly. I feel like the people see him as bad as the enclave. All he did was clear the land that he defended of mindless tribal. Hell he could have just forced the inhabitants of 22 to get lost, instead he bet them for it. He isn't a bad ruler. I really don't see why people don't like him.

CrimsonPhoenix7

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:44 pm

@Blaze1514 - I think a lot of folks got greedy. They were fine with him up until Yes Man tells their Courier, "You can be in charge."

I personally liked House until he wanted me to off the Brotherhood of Steel. After that, I started to waiver in my loyalty. Maybe he had a good intention, but as the saying goes: "The Road to Hell is Paved With Good Intentions."

Andrees92

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:35 pm

Sure, House cleared the land of mindless tribals, but only because the NCR was approaching and he knew that he alone wouldn't be enough to face the NCR. He is an opportunist and he cares little for the average wastelander.
On the other side, as I see it, House is the only one with room for improvement, that is, he can actually make the Wasteland better, and if his plans eventually come true, reshape the future of mankind.
Why is he the only one who can improve things? We know that the two remaining powers NCR and Legion won't be able to because:

a. In case legion takes the Mojave, supply lines and an attrition war against the NCR will end in the long run, killing the Legion or in their best case scenario driving them off the Mojave.
b. NCR maintains control over the Mojave. Sure, NCR is a stable power, much more than the Legion, they will maintain Vegas, the peace and such, but eventually their sight will turn away and they'll stop giving Vegas the attention it needs, and plus the NCR has little to no interest in advanced technology and the effects it could have for a better future.

In case you go for Independent ending, this is by far one of the worse choices, as when the courier disappears, which likely wouldn't be much years later (and it was mentioned before in this topic) the stability in Vegas will begin to fade away, after all, you can't leave a robot whose master is everyone who talks to him ruling the Mojave Wasteland, and even any succesor to the Courier will be able to maintain stability, because every (sub)faction in Vegas will get greedy and will take its shot at taking over Vegas.

As the game goes: "War, war never changes".

A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he quits, or if he dies.

Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Untitl10

The same boiling water that softens potatoes, hardens eggs. It's all about what you're made of, not your circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Praefect

Praefect

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:20 pm

I wish I could just leave the Kings to rule Vegas lol.

Hail to the King, baby
Back to top Go down
ApexRaptor

ApexRaptor

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:41 pm

The only good Vegas is an Independent Vegas. NCR is too imperialistic and the Legion is...well it's the Legion. Basically, most of my playthroughs are House or Yes Man.
Back to top Go down
FearTheSpork

FearTheSpork

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 9:21 am

The way I play, I always keep on good terms with the NCR, Goodsprings, The Boomers, The Kings and anyone I deem useful. I do always go for an independent New Vegas and I find that keeping the NCR happy for the whole game always comes out better for me in the long run. (Even if I do sort of... stab them in the back at Hoover Dam).

I think that working with some of the larger groups would help stabilize New Vegas when it's starting out. You have the Kings keeping the peace in Freeside, the NCR keeping Raiders and Powder Gangers out. You have good connections with The Boomers and The Great Khans for trading and such.

So yeah, I always assume that New Vegas would run pretty well under my Courier.

Also Securitrons. Basically any other argument is invalid when you have an army of super enhanced robots to maul people who get out of line. I'm looking at you Caesar.

MangaMike

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 9:31 am

I always go for an independent Vegas, mainly because I can't stand the Legion and I generally dislike the NCR and how vulnerable they are since it's pretty obvious that they're in no shape to actually keep Vegas under their control with the civil unrest and their dwindling supplies.

And my special way to make sure that they know who they're F-ing with is by sending the warheads from Lonesome road to both of them!
Back to top Go down
Tank-Girl

Tank-Girl

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 10:25 am

As I stated any of the major faction like House Legion and NCR follow their own selfish agendas and sadly if you do independent ending the courier just up and quits on the wasteland after the damm event so independent kind of goes south after it ends. I go with NCR only because every faction can side with them were as the legion most hated and House is very byist and very selfish. His feeling towards the BOS shows a lot about him.

My YT Channel
Tank-Girl
Back to top Go down
D7Rock88

D7Rock88

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:19 pm

I always personally side with the NCR, there are some things about them I don't like, but when it comes down to it I feel they are the better choice. Not mention if you did things right atleast, a lot of the other factions work really well with them and even prosper. Like the Kings in Freeside, and the followers and even the brotherhood if you can get the truce set up. Only group of people it doesn't seem to work out for that well are the khans if they align with the NCR, and a couple old timers in Goodsprings, though I personally like to think they found their way to Primm, which I always keep independent by getting Sheriff Meyers. I did do an independent play through once though, and what Yes Man said at the end I just sort of found unsettling. Maybe it was just that smiling face and the way he said...but yeah bad vibe from it.
Back to top Go down
Skarus

Skarus

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:21 pm

I would always side with the NCR myself, every playthrough I did I was exterminating the Legion. Though with their militaristic ideals and landgrabbing philosophy, I'm more or less inclined to say I think House is better off than the Courier running things or the NCR/Legion running things. I say that because the Courier is constantly traveling, not dedicated enough to run an empire. House is more suited to that while the Courier works as his partner, acquiring things in his/her travels that House may need.

Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 76561198000264406
Back to top Go down
SorakuFett

SorakuFett

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:22 am

House is good because no one expects it. If you're good, you wind up basically being House's personal conscience, like Jiminy Cricket...

Followed by princes and princesses
There were future power people
Throwing love to the loveless
Shining a light 'cause they wanted it seen...
Back to top Go down
SaturnCeleste

SaturnCeleste

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:28 am

Yea but for the really evil karma, you have to play through the game once as Legion. It killed me to turn over Gannon but I was as evil as evil gets in that particular game. If you like dogs there is a good 'doggie arc' in the Legion storyline that is interesting and I did like to talk to the NPCs (Anthony was my favorite because of the dogs) and learn some things about their history.

Personally I RPG all the endings because they never turn out right, there are some bugs in them. And because of mods I side with the Fiends and hell, they don't get any good endings. I forget the endings now but I think there is one that at least has the fiends living for awhile. That's the one I always choose.

Eetterinakki

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:33 am

I think the NCR could be a good trade partner but I prefer Vegas to be the independent gated community it is under House. He should extend to Freeside though, since it's inside the walls, and make an alliance with the Kings, in my opinion. He could slowly start improving Freeside to the same quality as The Strip.

Also, House is an absolute genius and one of the best hopes for humanity. As much as the NCR tries to get on-par with the Pre-War world, they're but a primitive shadow of it, while House is a part of it. He has rebuilt it.

Not only is House best for Vegas, he's ultimately going to be a hope for humankind.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Independent Vegas better or not?   Independent Vegas better or not? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Independent Vegas better or not?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next