Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money commonwealth marvel Call dead Superpele mandalorian Reforged daryl riot FCOM wolfenstein khan Mask Ryse hunk boom machine Overhaul Gear Armor vault body ghoul boomers NPCs
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Why Do People Play As The Legion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
EyeShotFirst

EyeShotFirst

Character sheet
Name: Sharpe
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 3:43 am

Sorry to necropost, but considering this is my first Legion playthrough, here's my 2 cents.

I really would've liked to play as a raider/fiend type character. The idea of going very tribal and savage appealed to me, as in previous playthroughs I felt more of a cowboy or a soldier type. I decided I wanted to be brutal. Not because I'm a sick individual, but because I wanted a different perspective. So many playthroughs where I murdered these guys, and I wanted to see what it was like to be one.

Like said before, I don't think it's all that fleshed out and enjoyable. Obviously Obsidian had bigger plans, but were unable to pursue them. The biggest problem I have, but don't begrudge the game is: I cannot simply just walk into any town anymore without being attacked. You instantly cut out like 90 percent of the quests you could've played if you side with The Legion. I just wish that The Legion had as many quests and interesting routes you could take as The NCR had.

Anyway, I made a character with survival and melee maxed out, and there's something wonderful about swinging the sword of the east (yeah I console commanded that schnit) and making a deathclaw fly back in a pile of gore. I just don't feel someone like that fits in The NCR.
Back to top Go down
ahyuser001

ahyuser001

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:07 am

Probably the same reason why I play video games. I get to be someone/something that I cannot in real life.

Plus its a porthole to another culture that has long been dead.
Back to top Go down
EyeShotFirst

EyeShotFirst

Character sheet
Name: Sharpe
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:09 am

Seriously though, nobody questions somebody for playing GTA, and you can be way more brutal in GTA. Heck, GTA V you had to torture a guy or you couldn't get to the next part of the storyline.
Back to top Go down
BigJohn

BigJohn

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:35 am

Because being the good guy all the time is BORING! AtWitsEnd It's the one thing I hate the most out of Fallout 4 the lack of being truly evil only a smarmy jerk. I loved making a full fledged good character in both Fallout3 and NV and an evil version as well. You could experience the play style in many creative ways that just add to the overall experience. The same reason I liked the old Mass Effects was knowing through my Paragon play through I would get to be a Renegade too and pay back all the assholes I had to handle with kid gloves in the first run. Twisted Evil

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 am

Alrighty! Here goes!

#1 - Because I hated the NCR that much. ( =P ) Yup! I /really/ didn't like the NCR at all, something about them just struck me the absolute wrong way, the cockiness, the way they talk like Hu-ah soldiers and run on uber-patriotism... Something like that. But! I basically joined the legion largely because it put me in direct conflict with the NCR.

#2 - Style! I looooved the look of the legion, Lanius's armor in particular was an endgame goal for me at one point. I also much preferred the lower-tech way of fighting as it often proved more of a challenge than picking up an anti material rifle and going to town.

There's my two cents!

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
zodiac213

zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 8:05 am

I mostly play for the NCR,but the main reason I heard in-game about why the Legion could be better is that they actually protect the caravans that are aligned with them while the NCR is spread too thin to protect a lot of routes(i.e. what Ranger Jackson says about the status of Mojave Outpost) and heavily taxes the caravans that do deal with them,making business with the NCR heavily undesirable. While I do see the NCR as the ultimately better option(don't know about independent New Vegas yet),I can kind of see why some people would join the Legion. Oh,and the whole post-apocalyptic Neo-Roman look is pretty cool I must admit.

darkstyler

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 8:08 am

As always, I won't do the same as others, (sorry guys^^) the question was why do you play as legion... I simply don't. Because I do not like this bunch of psychopaths dressed with robes. I like disciplin, military organisation, but not the way they use their skills at all. Finally, I'd like to see them rot in hell and every time I see them, particularly in Nipton, even if they are peacefull to me, I can refrain to execute them summarilly, because I'm the redeemer after all, a bullet for each of thelm will redeem their soul for their sins, (yes...I know I'm also a psychopath but with a good soul) ^^

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Sig-1214Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Bande-21Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Bande-22Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Bande-23Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Bande-24Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Bande-25
Back to top Go down
https://www.gunetwork.org/t16839-tutorial-on-how-to-mod-your-hea
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 10:14 am

I just want to get the most out of the money I used in buying New Vegas haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
Jacob May

Jacob May

Character sheet
Name: Heretic
Faction:
Level: 28

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 2:26 pm

I like the color red roman history and its fun to be evil some times

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Mixedgifs3
I try to Always say thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showuser=5975455
Tyls

Tyls

Character sheet
Name: Madwolf
Faction: Independant
Level: Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Because it's just funny to be the bad guy Motorcycle

Posterize4VC

Character sheet
Name: Chef Vortivask
Faction: N/A
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 8:44 pm

I find playing Legion is much better if you spend half of the game as a neutral party, and make everyone happy until you get to the point of no return. You can do many quests for many factions, then just progress with the actual story once you're finished.

LolMonster167

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 pm

I honestly have been wanting to do a playthrough siding with the Legion for a long time. I'm a huge fan of the Roman Empire and them being "resurrected" in the form of the Legion is awesome. While I admit the idea of being a bad guy who doesn't give a crap is quite intriguing, I can't bring myself to being one. For now however, I will stick to being Mr. Goodietwoshoes.
Back to top Go down
BrittleAngel

BrittleAngel

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 am

I did a legion playthrough because I was just digging the Roman aesthetic at the time and downloaded mods that amplified that.

SeleukosNikator

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Because resurrecting a culture that's been dead for thousands of years and thrusting it into Post-Apocalyptic America is just... Priceless.
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 12:49 am

The GTA reference made earlier is probably correct. I do worse things without even barely a thought in GTA. Why did I drive backwards, as fast as I could, on the wrong side of the road?
'Cuz.
There was no reason, at least nothing complex. It was there. It's probably how certain monstrous killers have viewed the real world, like we'd view a game.
Admittedly I wish the legion had been slightly less kill-bot raider-ish and a little more Intellectual Caesar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 12:53 am

i thing is easier to kill in GTA because its just mayhem fun and people are seen as objects but its harsher in new vegas because you actually get to know people and can feel a little bad for killing them.
Back to top Go down
loneheart9

loneheart9

Character sheet
Name: Matteo
Faction: Merc
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 1:42 pm

I can't get over the blatant torture and evil the Legion displays, and when you learn about the stuff they did to the tribes the conquered it's horrible.

But on the flip side, in the harsh nuclear apocalypse they have /one of/ the best ways of keeping a large population safe from outside threats.
The Legion we see in NV isn't the entirety, so they must have structure that goes all the way back.
I wish it could have been expanded on
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Yeah,the legion were made unnecessarily evil. One can represent the "pros and cons" of one strong leader with a uniform culture, without excessive unnecessary, blatant slaughter and sexism. They could and should have been "we're doing something harsh to save the world from itself, to stop history from defeating itself." But they act like raiders, and that's not a grey area. They would utterly destroy Vegas' economy and probably its bright lights and everything else that was special about it. It would end up like the vegas ruins, with no tourism and kill-all-profligates-raiders running the show. It's a real shame. They clearly have some kind of civilization back in Arizona, as they have a minted currency.
Back to top Go down
Duki_Nuki

Duki_Nuki

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:09 pm

because you can do anything you want in new vegas. (that or they wanna see other endings).

1A

Character sheet
Name: Tabellarius
Faction: NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 10:20 am

I'd argue that the legion is the most moral choice if you're simply going by whichever ending produces the smallest body count. The NCR is shown to have no tolerance for civilians, as is shown through the bitter springs massacre, and so an NCR victory would inevitably lead to the massacre of every Legion aligned person, whether child, citizen, or even uninvolved but just residing in their territory. Choosing House/Independent also dooms the NCR, as well as all of it's citizens, to mass starvation, as is directly stated by many individuals involved in the farming situation. By cutting the NCR off from New Vegas, you not only cut off their access to the many farms that they run, but you also limit them from benefiting from potentially lifesaving technologies, which the player encounters a ton of during their stay. Considering the NCR'S population is near a million strong, then this choice is obviously the worst you can make, even if it isn't necessarily evil. Essentially, by choosing either of these three choices, you enact a large scale genocide against populations that number in the hundreds of thousands, even if it was never your intention.

Meanwhile, the Legion is shown throughout almost every interaction to be completely non-hostile to citizens, even those of the NCR. I don't know why this is so largely ignored, but the ONLY people the legion ever enslave or conquer are tribes that directly refuse to join, corrupt individuals, and enemy combatants and/or military organizations, such as the brotherhood of steel and NCR army. As one of the ending to Primm's fate shows, the legion would not massacre the NCR citizens upon victory, they would only ever directly fight against the government and their military. Essentially, this means that, although many soldiers would die, the legion would also take the hundreds of thousands of NCR citizens under their control as well, providing shelter and protection. By choosing the legion, you guarantee the safety of all citizens living in California, Arizona, and Nevada, while in the other two endings you doom at least one, and probably both, populations to death.

The funny part is, the Legion isn't even any more evil than the NCR or House, they're simply upfront about their violence instead of trying to hide it away. The NCR is so corrupt that it takes bribes to allow organizations to massacre their own citizens, as is shown through Cass's questline. Additionally, they directly command the murder of children, as is shown through the Bitter Springs Massacre. House has a similar "the ends justify the means" attitude, and is shown to be willing to kill anybody who disobeys him, or gets in his way, as is shown through the letter provided at the start of the game, and the various threats he makes to both the player, and the groups surrounding New Vegas. The Legion may be brutal, but they have never, in the entirety of the game, been shown to unjustly kill anybody, or be overly aggressive in their ways. Most people ignore all of this however simply because they only take the organizations at a face value, while also, ironically, falling for the same lies that the NCR feeds it's citizens. To paraphrase a character from the game, the NCR steals, and then makes laws to make their stealing legal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Do People Play As The Legion?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next