Gaming Underground Network

Come for the mods, stay for the community
 
HomePortalLatest imagesInterviewsRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel
______________
MOD MASTER THREADS:
FALLOUT
THE ELDER SCROLLS

______________


______________


GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged gauss Mask boomers machine wolfenstein Gear body commonwealth mandalorian money Superpele daryl Ryse vault NPCs khan boom dead marvel Armor Call riot Overhaul hunk ghoul
Latest topics
» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930     
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930     
CalendarCalendar

Share
 

 Why Do People Play As The Legion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
blivit270

blivit270

Posts : 125
Join date : 2014-12-17
Age : 30

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 1:50 am

dtobviousmcduh wrote:
@blivit270, i don't think dragging ISIS here is a good idea, as politics and religion are prohibited.
But i see your point, and regarding to your post and the topic, i can't see myself as an extremist in any way so i can't really tell why anyone would want to join them, in the game it is ok, i did for my completionist quest, it is necessary to the game, but in the live part of it or even IRL, joining them is only for those who actually believes in supremacy. Tiranny it isnt and never will be a good thing, sure in an apocalyptic world the primal rule is survival of the fittest, the Khans and the Legion are two factions that i despite, i play sometimes friendly of the Khans for the drug trade, but the Legion... I rather kill them all on sight .I know that this IS an radical way to think, but at least i know that i wont be fighting the weak and desperate for survival, sometimes i caught my self with some conscience burden, as the people i just killed was forced to do what he did, forced to kill in the name of others. Sometimes you can think dying is always a choice when you are forced to follow an ideology, but if you still have loved ones or a reason to fight for your life, for more selfish the reason may be, die will never be an alternative, and for reasons like that i don't know why someone would willingly joing the Legion.

yeah, sorry about the no politics rule, I was just trying to use a repeatable topic Smile

_________________
R1NR
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

Posts : 378
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : (pale blue dot)

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 1:56 am

SuperDuperMutant wrote:
Because the Legion is a society unlike any we are, generally, familiar with today. The NCR is only seen as the "good guys" because they tend to think like we do. The legion on the other hand is all about "survival of the fittest" they take what they want, when they need it. It also says something about the Legion that their lands are safer to travel through and how disciplined its army is. In my view, the Legion is actually more adapt to survive in the wasteland, given that they are just as capable of getting and holding lands just as well as the NCR, with far less complications.

Trust me, I don't side with the NCR because they are similar to what we have, because I have a lot of problems with stuff in our society. I side with the NCR because they really have the potential to help people if the people in power would just have a bit of common sense.

_________________
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Tumblr_ovoo33pgBy1t3844co4_r2_540
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2014-02-24
Age : 44
Location : Behind You...

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:06 am

I played Legion just to play as a evil character. Like right now I'm playing Knights of the old Republic 2 as a Sith Lord just for a evil play through. Playing as Legion just makes things different and interesting. Also the whole Roman Empire idea is unique and as a evil character I can get behind Ceaser.
Although generally I play independent New Vegas and kill the crap out of both Legion and NCR so both can fear me! Especially when those 2 nukes hit them from Lonesome Road

_________________
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Robbie10
Back to top Go down
dtobviousmcduh

dtobviousmcduh

Posts : 319
Join date : 2015-02-04
Age : 31
Location : Canoas - Brasil

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:14 am

The NCR surely have a dark side. But if you are trying to make the world a better place, a lot of sacrifices must be made. Sure that there is a lot of corruption on the NCR, but that happens when there is money involved, and i dont think it is right judge a faction based in the action of few. Because when some will kill for the money, their soldiers signed in for a better future and it is in their actions i put my respect. But i still rather live in Goodsprings, West or North Vegas than in a place ruled by NCR, because it is places like that, that really lies the true freedom, the true community

_________________
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Tumblr_nkce2ebIJX1t0cscho1_400


My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
blivit270

blivit270

Posts : 125
Join date : 2014-12-17
Age : 30

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:17 am

Hoppyhead wrote:
I played Legion just to play as a evil character. Like right now I'm playing Knights of the old Republic 2 as a Sith Lord just for a evil play through. Playing as Legion just makes things different and interesting. Also the whole Roman Empire idea is unique and as a evil character I can get behind Ceaser.
Although generally I play independent New Vegas and kill the crap out of both Legion and NCR so both can fear me! Especially when those 2 nukes hit them from Lonesome Road

thats what I wish they did with the Legion. In the online old republic the Empire is the evil side, no doubt. but they flesh it out in a way that you can play as them, and not making them evilly unrealistic that no one can possibility want side with them! In a game  like this I would think that people would like to really have a torn heart between the two main factions (the war that's kinda a big deal) I always wanted a mod to flesh them out and give me a reason to give them a serious thought to helping them. And I mean just adding a few likable legion soldiers would change a lot of minds!!! that's it and that is really all it would take. just my opinion

_________________
R1NR
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
flamenx01

flamenx01

Posts : 144
Join date : 2015-03-14
Location : Scotland

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:57 am

blivit270 wrote:

I always wanted a mod to flesh them out and give me a reason to give them a serious thought to helping them. And I mean just adding a few likable legion soldiers would change a lot of minds!!! that's it and that is really all it would take. just my opinion

I completely agree with you. I think all they needed to do is make Caesar himself more likeable or at least more respectful towards you. I think Vulpes & Lucius are ok towards you. I think something that would have greatly improved the legion is that if they treated their slaves well. That would have made them a more morally ambiguous faction.
Back to top Go down
CarlsonsRaiders

CarlsonsRaiders

Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-03-20
Age : 29
Location : Canada

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 12:06 pm

It's weird that you get a rather lopsided choice in New Vegas between the two warring factions. The NCR aren't perfect, but compared to the Legion they might as well be. As much as I've tried, I just couldn't bring myself to side with a bunch of cruel, evil, distasteful slavers like them.

I'm not sure if Obsidian set out to make them so unlikable, but they definitely succeeded.
Back to top Go down
blivit270

blivit270

Posts : 125
Join date : 2014-12-17
Age : 30

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 pm

flamenx01 wrote:
I think something that would have greatly improved the legion is that if they treated their slaves well. That would have made them a more morally ambiguous faction.

Lol I started my only Legion play through right after I got fed up with a GF I just hated....you need to look yourself in the mirror when you have the thought "well just maybe the Legion had it right"...not gonna lie we all use the outside world to fuel the bloody crusade fallout presents to us.

_________________
R1NR
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
G Vegas Reaper

G Vegas Reaper

Posts : 46
Join date : 2015-03-21
Age : 38
Location : Bradenton, FL

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:13 am

I usually play NCR as a good character and the Legion as an evil character, but I never finished my Legion play through, might be time to pick it back up.

_________________
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Deadpo11
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 8:41 am

I tried playing on the Legions side but I just cant get in the right mindset for them. Theyre too barbaric, primitive, uncivilized.
I'm a sneering imperialist, I dont feel excited wearing loincloth and running at a Deathclaw with a machete, screaming "Axios"
Maybe if the Legion would have more content...as it is, Obsidian made them to be just a bunch of villainous, women hating slavers and tribals.
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

Posts : 378
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : (pale blue dot)

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:20 am

My evil characters still are not sexist, racist, sexist or homophobic, they kill everyone, but are still better than the legion for a few reasons.

_________________
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Tumblr_ovoo33pgBy1t3844co4_r2_540
Back to top Go down
yarknot

yarknot

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-03-10
Age : 28
Location : TN

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:42 am

My minor in school is Classics, as in I study anceint cultures like the ancient Near-East, Greece, and my favorite; Rome. Of course the Legion is arrogant and has some moral issures lol, however Rome was of course similar in a lot of ways. I just find the concept of a wastelandic civilization being based off of a ancient one is brilliant in a lot of ways. oh and I geek out when they speak Latin and I know what they're saying lol
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Posts : 732
Join date : 2015-02-16
Age : 31
Location : England

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:38 am

I agree with this topic.

I love the legion, I find everything about them interesting; their armour, equipment, ideology etc.

However I only love them as an OPPONENT, I would never join the legion, they're the perfect enemy to me.

_________________
-
My YouTube 
-
Back to top Go down
Ceane

Ceane

Posts : 117
Join date : 2014-08-28

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 8:01 am

This topic made me realise that in all of the 300 or so hours I have in New Vegas, I've never actually sided with the legion for any of my playthroughs. I guess I now have something to do next time I start a new game.

_________________
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Ceane_VGUColonial2

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
BlackTemplar

BlackTemplar

Posts : 219
Join date : 2015-03-10
Age : 31
Location : Outpost Styx

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:47 am

Ceane wrote:
This topic made me realise that in all of the 300 or so hours I have in New Vegas, I've never actually sided with the legion for any of my playthroughs. I guess I now have something to do next time I start a new game.

I was thinking the same thing. I suppose it can't hurt to try it once.

_________________
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Ye210
Back to top Go down
TheLoneSurvivor

TheLoneSurvivor

Posts : 138
Join date : 2014-08-27

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 8:21 pm

They become part of the legion because they are against the NCR, Like to enslave,torture and they are for the Legions beliefs about the wasteland and its people

_________________
"Revelation 21:6. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely." -James Fallout 3
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Untitl11
Back to top Go down
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Posts : 2559
Join date : 2014-04-30
Age : 34
Location : Bulgaria

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 8:22 pm

And another reason to like the Legion is that it teaches you Histroy about Ceaser and stuff you know about Roman's.
Back to top Go down
KaizerBlack

KaizerBlack

Posts : 85
Join date : 2014-07-10

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Because they are unique?
And as a female courier, you'd probably be the only female officer in the legion Smile
Back to top Go down
flamenx01

flamenx01

Posts : 144
Join date : 2015-03-14
Location : Scotland

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:15 pm

KaizerBlack wrote:
Because they are unique?
And as a female courier, you'd probably be the only female officer in the legion Smile

I think being female actually locks out a couple of the legions quests (which there are so few of to begin with)
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Posts : 3664
Join date : 2014-08-06
Age : 30

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:04 pm

I've never played Legion because of my belief system and considering they own slaves, it's all personal to me and i can't go with it. If you play Legion thats cool with me but i just can't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 

Why Do People Play As The Legion?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 Similar topics

-
» NCR Or Legion?
» Much Ado About Legion
» Legion Names
» old legion armor mod
» How powerful do you think the legion actually are?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-