Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
leon Ryse power money hunk NPCs marvel body Reforged riot vault ghoul boomers commonwealth Gear brotherhood port wolfenstein Metal boom mandalorian dead Superpele machine Mask khan
Latest topics
» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon 22 Jul 2024, 4:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon 22 Jul 2024, 3:25 am

» [FO4] Doom 2016 models as replecement.
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Sun 21 Jul 2024, 3:12 am

» [FO4] Secret Service armor, helmet headlamp
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby fossaceca17 Sat 20 Jul 2024, 10:19 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Thu 11 Jul 2024, 11:28 pm

» The Next fallout
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Thu 11 Jul 2024, 11:25 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Thu 11 Jul 2024, 11:21 pm

» Afterlife discord
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Willaemann Tue 09 Jul 2024, 1:44 pm

» What happened to Outlawer's pack 1?
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Trappy82 Mon 17 Jun 2024, 12:17 am

» Greetings
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby septron Fri 14 Jun 2024, 8:49 am

» Starfield
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby jaypak Mon 10 Jun 2024, 3:56 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby RockstarAC16 Mon 03 Jun 2024, 5:19 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu 30 May 2024, 11:02 pm

» Hello everyone. Looking to add classic Fallout in FO4
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu 30 May 2024, 10:53 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby SpookyGeist Wed 29 May 2024, 8:39 am

» XHX Discord server.
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby TheGoodKoosh Sat 25 May 2024, 5:25 pm

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby nickenicole47 Sat 25 May 2024, 3:05 am

» What's your favorite weapon in the Fallout Series
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby FellowHumanOfOutpost31 Thu 23 May 2024, 11:32 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby keelordd Wed 22 May 2024, 2:53 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Sun 12 May 2024, 6:40 pm

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Why Do People Play As The Legion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
blivit270

blivit270

Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015, 8:50 pm

dtobviousmcduh wrote:
@blivit270, i don't think dragging ISIS here is a good idea, as politics and religion are prohibited.
But i see your point, and regarding to your post and the topic, i can't see myself as an extremist in any way so i can't really tell why anyone would want to join them, in the game it is ok, i did for my completionist quest, it is necessary to the game, but in the live part of it or even IRL, joining them is only for those who actually believes in supremacy. Tiranny it isnt and never will be a good thing, sure in an apocalyptic world the primal rule is survival of the fittest, the Khans and the Legion are two factions that i despite, i play sometimes friendly of the Khans for the drug trade, but the Legion... I rather kill them all on sight .I know that this IS an radical way to think, but at least i know that i wont be fighting the weak and desperate for survival, sometimes i caught my self with some conscience burden, as the people i just killed was forced to do what he did, forced to kill in the name of others. Sometimes you can think dying is always a choice when you are forced to follow an ideology, but if you still have loved ones or a reason to fight for your life, for more selfish the reason may be, die will never be an alternative, and for reasons like that i don't know why someone would willingly joing the Legion.

yeah, sorry about the no politics rule, I was just trying to use a repeatable topic Smile

farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015, 8:56 pm

SuperDuperMutant wrote:
Because the Legion is a society unlike any we are, generally, familiar with today. The NCR is only seen as the "good guys" because they tend to think like we do. The legion on the other hand is all about "survival of the fittest" they take what they want, when they need it. It also says something about the Legion that their lands are safer to travel through and how disciplined its army is. In my view, the Legion is actually more adapt to survive in the wasteland, given that they are just as capable of getting and holding lands just as well as the NCR, with far less complications.

Trust me, I don't side with the NCR because they are similar to what we have, because I have a lot of problems with stuff in our society. I side with the NCR because they really have the potential to help people if the people in power would just have a bit of common sense.

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015, 9:06 pm

I played Legion just to play as a evil character. Like right now I'm playing Knights of the old Republic 2 as a Sith Lord just for a evil play through. Playing as Legion just makes things different and interesting. Also the whole Roman Empire idea is unique and as a evil character I can get behind Ceaser.
Although generally I play independent New Vegas and kill the crap out of both Legion and NCR so both can fear me! Especially when those 2 nukes hit them from Lonesome Road

dtobviousmcduh

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015, 9:14 pm

The NCR surely have a dark side. But if you are trying to make the world a better place, a lot of sacrifices must be made. Sure that there is a lot of corruption on the NCR, but that happens when there is money involved, and i dont think it is right judge a faction based in the action of few. Because when some will kill for the money, their soldiers signed in for a better future and it is in their actions i put my respect. But i still rather live in Goodsprings, West or North Vegas than in a place ruled by NCR, because it is places like that, that really lies the true freedom, the true community

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
blivit270

blivit270

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Mar 2015, 9:17 pm

Hoppyhead wrote:
I played Legion just to play as a evil character. Like right now I'm playing Knights of the old Republic 2 as a Sith Lord just for a evil play through. Playing as Legion just makes things different and interesting. Also the whole Roman Empire idea is unique and as a evil character I can get behind Ceaser.
Although generally I play independent New Vegas and kill the crap out of both Legion and NCR so both can fear me! Especially when those 2 nukes hit them from Lonesome Road

thats what I wish they did with the Legion. In the online old republic the Empire is the evil side, no doubt. but they flesh it out in a way that you can play as them, and not making them evilly unrealistic that no one can possibility want side with them! In a game  like this I would think that people would like to really have a torn heart between the two main factions (the war that's kinda a big deal) I always wanted a mod to flesh them out and give me a reason to give them a serious thought to helping them. And I mean just adding a few likable legion soldiers would change a lot of minds!!! that's it and that is really all it would take. just my opinion

flamenx01

flamenx01

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 4:57 am

blivit270 wrote:

I always wanted a mod to flesh them out and give me a reason to give them a serious thought to helping them. And I mean just adding a few likable legion soldiers would change a lot of minds!!! that's it and that is really all it would take. just my opinion

I completely agree with you. I think all they needed to do is make Caesar himself more likeable or at least more respectful towards you. I think Vulpes & Lucius are ok towards you. I think something that would have greatly improved the legion is that if they treated their slaves well. That would have made them a more morally ambiguous faction.
Back to top Go down
CarlsonsRaiders

CarlsonsRaiders

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 7:06 am

It's weird that you get a rather lopsided choice in New Vegas between the two warring factions. The NCR aren't perfect, but compared to the Legion they might as well be. As much as I've tried, I just couldn't bring myself to side with a bunch of cruel, evil, distasteful slavers like them.

I'm not sure if Obsidian set out to make them so unlikable, but they definitely succeeded.
Back to top Go down
blivit270

blivit270

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 4:53 pm

flamenx01 wrote:
I think something that would have greatly improved the legion is that if they treated their slaves well. That would have made them a more morally ambiguous faction.

Lol I started my only Legion play through right after I got fed up with a GF I just hated....you need to look yourself in the mirror when you have the thought "well just maybe the Legion had it right"...not gonna lie we all use the outside world to fuel the bloody crusade fallout presents to us.

G Vegas Reaper

G Vegas Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 9:13 pm

I usually play NCR as a good character and the Legion as an evil character, but I never finished my Legion play through, might be time to pick it back up.

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 3:41 am

I tried playing on the Legions side but I just cant get in the right mindset for them. Theyre too barbaric, primitive, uncivilized.
I'm a sneering imperialist, I dont feel excited wearing loincloth and running at a Deathclaw with a machete, screaming "Axios"
Maybe if the Legion would have more content...as it is, Obsidian made them to be just a bunch of villainous, women hating slavers and tribals.
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 8:20 pm

My evil characters still are not sexist, racist, sexist or homophobic, they kill everyone, but are still better than the legion for a few reasons.

yarknot

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015, 10:42 pm

My minor in school is Classics, as in I study anceint cultures like the ancient Near-East, Greece, and my favorite; Rome. Of course the Legion is arrogant and has some moral issures lol, however Rome was of course similar in a lot of ways. I just find the concept of a wastelandic civilization being based off of a ancient one is brilliant in a lot of ways. oh and I geek out when they speak Latin and I know what they're saying lol
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015, 12:38 am

I agree with this topic.

I love the legion, I find everything about them interesting; their armour, equipment, ideology etc.

However I only love them as an OPPONENT, I would never join the legion, they're the perfect enemy to me.

Back to top Go down
Ceane

Ceane

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015, 3:01 am

This topic made me realise that in all of the 300 or so hours I have in New Vegas, I've never actually sided with the legion for any of my playthroughs. I guess I now have something to do next time I start a new game.

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
BlackTemplar

BlackTemplar

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015, 4:47 am

Ceane wrote:
This topic made me realise that in all of the 300 or so hours I have in New Vegas, I've never actually sided with the legion for any of my playthroughs. I guess I now have something to do next time I start a new game.

I was thinking the same thing. I suppose it can't hurt to try it once.

TheLoneSurvivor

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm

They become part of the legion because they are against the NCR, Like to enslave,torture and they are for the Legions beliefs about the wasteland and its people

BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015, 3:22 pm

And another reason to like the Legion is that it teaches you Histroy about Ceaser and stuff you know about Roman's.
Back to top Go down
KaizerBlack

KaizerBlack

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015, 4:00 pm

Because they are unique?
And as a female courier, you'd probably be the only female officer in the legion Smile
Back to top Go down
flamenx01

flamenx01

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015, 4:15 pm

KaizerBlack wrote:
Because they are unique?
And as a female courier, you'd probably be the only female officer in the legion Smile

I think being female actually locks out a couple of the legions quests (which there are so few of to begin with)
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm

I've never played Legion because of my belief system and considering they own slaves, it's all personal to me and i can't go with it. If you play Legion thats cool with me but i just can't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Do People Play As The Legion?   Why Do People Play As The Legion? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Do People Play As The Legion?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next