Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call wolfenstein riot Gear gauss Ryse boomers khan money hunk Reforged marvel machine vault mandalorian NPCs Superpele body Mask Overhaul daryl ghoul power boom dead commonwealth
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
What few things did the frontier do right Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What few things did the frontier do right

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
princevegeta2005

princevegeta2005

What few things did the frontier do right Empty
PostSubject: What few things did the frontier do right   What few things did the frontier do right EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 11:05 am

Ive been playing the frontier just to see the shitty aspects of it so its been kinda surprising when i run into something i like. If i had to pick one thing id say at least the little cut away segment at the battle of helios one was actually kinda neat, although the "execute your men" shit was cheesy
Back to top Go down
ExplosiveNinja41

ExplosiveNinja41

PostSubject: Re: What few things did the frontier do right   What few things did the frontier do right EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 1:57 am

I found out I was lactose intolerant when they did the cheesy climax from CoD: Modern Warfare (2007) where the enemy executes all of your fallen comrades in front of you.

However, credit where credit's due: the firefights were extremely well orchestrated.
Back to top Go down
roflcopter117
Admin
roflcopter117

PostSubject: Re: What few things did the frontier do right   What few things did the frontier do right EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:55 am

I somewhat liked a bunch of the weapons. Some parts of the environment were well-designed as well.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What few things did the frontier do right   What few things did the frontier do right EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 9:44 am

Armors were decent. Environment was also good. The new driving mechanics could have really been the framework for many other mods improving upon it, adding more stuff etc.

Honestly, while I have criticised this mod, I do find that many aspects of it were well-done and well executed. That's what makes it so tragic. If the writing and quest design was on par with the innovations made on a technical level this mod would've been beloved. Instead the NCR writer thought he was channelling Hideo Kojima but came off more like a budget Call of Duty Neil Druckmann, the Crusader writer was a stinky feet fetish weirdo who made a grooming dialogue option and the side quests were filled with all manner of vomit-inducing nightmarish furry fantasy degeneracy.
Back to top Go down
x-x--GX--x-x

x-x--GX--x-x

PostSubject: Re: What few things did the frontier do right   What few things did the frontier do right EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 10:58 am

Armors were pretty great, weapons too. Most of the intense battles were awesome, the technical stuff in general was pretty good, they really pushed the engine (in some cases too much, it looked like the modder was really pushing everything to the limit). The car stuff was great (judging by how they had to use this damned engine), like Heinsenberg said, it could have been a framework for other mods and also it could have been improved a LOT.

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you. Plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes. You're all diamonds."
Back to top Go down
Tapper

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What few things did the frontier do right   What few things did the frontier do right EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 1:00 pm

The Frontier will become the framework for other mods, the drivable vehicles will become stand along, so will the pipboy, among other things in time. If stand alone mods are not approved of on the Nexus then I am sure they will find a home here or elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
CodyA042

CodyA042

Character sheet
Name: TwoTimesThree
Faction: The Ciphers
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: What few things did the frontier do right   What few things did the frontier do right EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 1:55 pm

The side content! Stuff like Irvington, Salt Town, Junkflea! The exploration was great too! I genuinely love just roaming Portland. Vault 6 had such a cool design, I loved the massive door and the sprawling complex, it was SPECTACULAR, it felt like a marriage of all the best Vault designs (a shame the experiment was just Vault 12 again). Also of course, the Pip-Boy, god I love the Pip-Boy so fuckin much.

The companions are cool too (the non-weird ones), I love Hanged Man, Wrench and Bolt, Donovan, and uh the spy lady is cool I just haven't progressed that far with her.

The small bits of characters who've clearly been part of things we hear about in lore, hell a lot of the characters are really interesting, it's just that they're small side characters, not the main cast.

There's a lot of good here, it's just a shame it wasn't all that way.
Back to top Go down
Noblesse-

Noblesse-

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What few things did the frontier do right   What few things did the frontier do right EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 6:11 pm

What sticks out to me are the Power Armors, Demon Crusher and Enclave Cosmic I believe they are called. Honestly, from the screenshots I've seen, they are all that truly interest me. Would honestly love to see a Standalone version of those two PAs in the Mojave.

PostSubject: Re: What few things did the frontier do right   What few things did the frontier do right Empty

Back to top Go down

What few things did the frontier do right

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1