Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
khan riot ghoul boomers vault Metal commonwealth machine marvel leon brotherhood dead Superpele hunk wolfenstein boom Ryse Mask port NPCs money body Gear Reforged mandalorian power
Latest topics
» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:25 am

» [FO4] Doom 2016 models as replecement.
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby SpaceRanger Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:12 am

» [FO4] Secret Service armor, helmet headlamp
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby fossaceca17 Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:19 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:28 am

» The Next fallout
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:25 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:21 am

» Afterlife discord
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby Willaemann Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:44 pm

» What happened to Outlawer's pack 1?
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby Trappy82 Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:17 am

» Greetings
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby septron Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:49 am

» Starfield
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby jaypak Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:56 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby RockstarAC16 Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:19 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Fri May 31, 2024 12:02 am

» Hello everyone. Looking to add classic Fallout in FO4
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby Lonesome_Wanderer Thu May 30, 2024 11:53 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby SpookyGeist Wed May 29, 2024 9:39 am

» XHX Discord server.
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby TheGoodKoosh Sat May 25, 2024 6:25 pm

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby nickenicole47 Sat May 25, 2024 4:05 am

» What's your favorite weapon in the Fallout Series
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby FellowHumanOfOutpost31 Thu May 23, 2024 12:32 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby keelordd Wed May 22, 2024 3:53 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 7:40 pm

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever?   What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 3:09 am

@TheHulksCousin Dude, I know the story. There's a point where something is too stupid to be taken seriously, no matter how you may try to justify.

Quote :
As to the Goofy weapons and technology, sometimes you just gotta let Mystery Science Theater 2077 edition take its place in the story.

No, you don't. It's like that meme of the clown fighting with a military commando. Like putting a Disney musical number in the middle of a horror movie. Or inserting a death metal song halfway through a classical symphony. It just breaks the tone.

It would be one thing if the entirety of the game looked like that. Then you could say "It's a silly kind of game, fair enough". But you can't drop a DLC so ridiculous that if it was a movie it would definitely be starred by Adam Sandler, or Seth Rogen, or Zach Galafianakis or some other moron like that, in the middle of a game like NV which is all about a world devastated by war. A story filled with death, slavery, torture, child abuse, and the dehumanization of entire groups of people.

Sure, the game has humor, but it's mostly dark humor, such as seeing something as harmless and mundane as football gear becoming the signature armor of one of the most despicable societies you could come up with. And yeah, there's some lighthearted jokes here and there, but as a whole, it isn't a a tragicomedy, let alone a comedy. Something that absurd and ridiculous just feels out of place entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sol_13

Sol_13

PostSubject: Re: What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever?   What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 3:27 am

Far Harbor is a top for me, it just has a lot going to it, music, atmosphere, story, characters you either sympathize or hate. love it
Back to top Go down
overjet

overjet

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever?   What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 3:56 pm

old world blues is my favorite of the fallout games, and also one of my favorite DLCs for any game, ever. it's right up my alley with the aesthetic and humor and the writing is just *chef's kiss* throughout. i think some people might find it too 'silly', but i don't mind a little break for something fun and different. and it's definitely very fun and very different, in the best possible way.

point lookout is my favorite from fallout 3 but only because it's the one i remember the best.

and i liked far harbor much better than its base game...the characters, writing, and atmosphere were so interesting. i kinda wish it had enough content to justify spending most of my time there instead of the commonwealth lol.

Lilkrasdog

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever?   What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 2:22 pm

The Pitt was my favorite in fallout 3. It's the one that I still remember till this day. Operation Anchorage is a close second. But I still think that Broken Steel is a must have and should be considered part of the game and not DLC.

FNV is honestly a tie between Dead Money and Old World Blues. A lot of people hated Dead Money but many of the things that they hated I really liked.

Fallout 4 had no good DLC. It was all either mediocre, bad, or just one big missed opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Prsakcy

Prsakcy

PostSubject: Re: What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever?   What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 3:29 am

İ played all fallout serries from beginnig , i felt love with tactics but , fallout 3 - mothership zeta , new vegas - old world, fallout 4 - nuka world
Back to top Go down
DrCube

DrCube

PostSubject: Re: What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever?   What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 10:20 pm

All of the New Vegas DLC packs are up there but I think Old World Blues deserves the crown.

I wonder if we'll ever get a string of such quality expansions ever again. The only other game that seemed to deliver on that was Witcher 3.

Point Lookout from Fallout 3 is pretty damn good though. That DLC is probably what's going to get me to install Tale of Two Wastelands because I always get the urge to travel there with my New Vegas character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever?   What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the best FALLOUT DLC ever?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4