Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
mandalorian ghoul body Ryse boomers upgrades commonwealth wolfenstein marvel machine Superpele Reforged riot money boom khan Gear NPCs Mask daryl FCOM Call dead hunk space vault
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? Empty
PostSubject: Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial?   Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 9:49 pm

I'm back at new vegas again. I often get frustrated at the buggy mod limit and give up, but I'm trying again.
Everyone says merging is so simple. The tutorials make it look so damn simple. But none of them are really complete, that I've seen. I follow them, and I get

1 - Broken nav meshes. None of the tutorials or people saying it was easy warned me of this, but it's pretty common.
2 - Scripts aren't firing in merged mods, again none of the tutorials warned of this. It took a while before I even noticed on some mods, so that was hours of play wasted on a broken game.
3 - Merged mods aren't reading their bsa files. Once again, the tutorials I saw didn't warn of this. I found out only after playing for a while, wasting my time with a broken game before I realized it was borked from mods that I'd merged.

People will say "just merge weapon mods," but I'm trying to save as much space as possible, so I'm going ot use a pack like millenias rather than individual mods. I've got mods like script fixes, compatibility patches, and quests and new lands like beyond boulder dome and stuff to improve freeside, open the strip, and add as many quests as I can (I'm done playing the vanilla quests and have zero interest in doing most of them again.)

So... is there a truly complete tutorial that will actually help me? I don't wan to merge three dozen mods, play for hours, and then suddenly see evidence that my game is ruined by a bad merge. I'm hoping there's a solution, because I'm not willing to sink hours into another broken game.
Back to top Go down

Truly accurate and complete merging tutorial?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1