Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk Reforged marvel Gear daryl commonwealth NPCs boom boomers Mask dead vault khan mandalorian Ryse space body FCOM Superpele wolfenstein Call upgrades ghoul riot money machine
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:33 am

» hi i'm new person
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 am

» New person
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout The Frontier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alixen

Alixen

Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 3:52 pm

Given I was hyped back in 2015 and we are about to enter 2021 in not too long, I've... let's say managed my hopes at this point. Many of the projects never release, and while I'm sure the team are a great crew, The Frontier has a lot of the warning signs of a never-ever project. Hopefully if it eventually goes on 'permanent hiatus' someone will release the closest thing there is to a complete build.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 1:56 pm

TastyHands wrote:

A more apt comparison would be Fallout New California/Project Brazil. A tremendous amount of effort but the mod had its first beta released in 2013, the hype went on for too long and people built it up too much in their heads, so there was no way it could've lived up to the hype.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen the features in there, They're pushing the engine hard and delivering a lot of content, but is that going to be enough? Do we even know anything about the story yet?

I've played the story and it's there from start to finish, I've done almost all different endings.
It's not amazing but it sure is a great experience but that's just my opinion.

Though Thaiauxn the creator is done with it himself:

Thaiaxun wrote:
I'm done with FNC for this lifetime. Gave it a decade of my life, it's now up to other to continue.

The 1.0 re-design documents are up there in the links and anyone who wants to work on them may do so by signing into our discord and volunteering.

I'm not happy with everything about FNC, the 1.0 design docs aren't really 1.0, they were "this is what we'd have done given time and money weren't such a burden." So as it is, 231 is my last update and I'm finally off to do new stuff.
Back to top Go down
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 5:25 am

Alixen wrote:
Given I was hyped back in 2015 and we are about to enter 2021 in not too long, I've... let's say managed my hopes at this point. Many of the projects never release, and while I'm sure the team are a great crew, The Frontier has a lot of the warning signs of a never-ever project. Hopefully if it eventually goes on 'permanent hiatus' someone will release the closest thing there is to a complete build.

Feature creep definitely still is a worry for me too. Though, I have faith they'll actually finish the job.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Slyther

Emperor Slyther

Character sheet
Name: Red Queen Amaryllis
Faction: Shadow Inquisition
Level: Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 7:03 am

Yeah, I too have a few projects that have been on hiatus for a while now. I hope to get working on them and finish them as fast as I can. Hopefully not as long as another 10 years of no progress. And I see that Maybenexttime, the one who brought word of this project here on GUN, has retired from the project, and it's got me thinking if the Frontier will ever finish. I'm hoping it does, though seeing unfinished projects is not anything new to me. I know most content creators do a lot of decent things and all, but I don't see too many that make it that far. I hate to be one of those people with "unfinished business" looming all around me...

**Screenshot story-arcs on hiatus until further notice**
Back to top Go down
guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 2:27 pm

There was this one mod for Skyrim that I was hyped for that never ever got released, it was meant to be a brand new worldspace with its own lore that fitted in with the Elder Scrolls series. It was titled 'Issgard', and for quite some time the creator showed potential in-game screenshots of armours, weapons, and locations. Than like a sudden breeze, everything went quiet. Hopefully Frontier doesn't end up like Issgard.

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 11:30 am

@guan12 I get what you mean, I was looking forward too Issgard, it's a shame but it went down.
Makes you wonder if The Frontier would go the way of Skywind or Skyblivion/Morrowblivion.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Slyther

Emperor Slyther

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Commander Wolffe wrote:
Makes you wonder if The Frontier would go the way of Skywind or Skyblivion/Morrowblivion.

Interesting you mentioned Morroblivion, because I just so happen to have a hard copy of it on my system. However, it's mostly Morrowind on Oblivion's engine. I heard of Skywind too, and Skyblivion. But I gave both these projects some hard thought, and asked myself "Hmm... Which game is more stable for such ports I like to mod guns into which?", and I ask that because Oblivion has no crossbows unfortunately, though despite all the mods out there for the game itself in the past. Skyrim seems to be a fair assessment of crossbow animations for that, but ehhhh, I fear it's instability for playing more than ten minutes without CTD's, but Oblivion works fair enough for me. I would be amazed if somebody actually ported the worlds of Morrowind, Oblivion, and/or Skyrim into the FNV engine. But finding such a port comes not without the barriers of "legal" obstacles, though it would be nice to have too...

Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 3:21 am

@Commander Wolffe Morroblivion is a great mod project but it works better on paper than in reality. Oblivion's dialogue list isn't as versatile neither is it as expansive or intuitive as Morrowind's UI. Hopefully they try and find a way around that for Skywind.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 1:46 pm

@Emperor Slyther so they did manage to release it entirely?

@Heisenberg, yeah I guess sacrafices would have to be made, is what I think will be the case with F4: New Vegas and F4: Capital Wasteland. (if they actually resumed their work)
Back to top Go down
Emperor Slyther

Emperor Slyther

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Commander Wolffe wrote:
@Emperor Slyther so they did manage to release it entirely?)

I am unaware of the project's current development. Their website is still intact. A few bugs when I first got it, missing arms on certain outfits, but I managed to find a fix for that later afterwards. I still believe it's in it's beta stages, as I have not been paying attention to their development of late. I got my copy of this project around 2008-2010 or so, it was a long time. I can't remember when. But is the project officially released? I would say no. But unofficially released? Yeah, I would go with that assumption. Most of the legal issues have most likely been dealt with by now, as meshes, textures and everything else, is all being a community project rework.

Back to top Go down
guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 7:55 am

@Commander Wolffe Ah, Skyblivion. That was some ages ago during the height of Skyrim's initial release where I stumbled upon a site with instructions on how to get Oblivion's worldspace into Skyrim - which was technically an early conception of Skyblivion back then. You could explore Cyrodiil again with Skyrim engine though the textures would be using those from Oblivion - no npcs. Then again, a Skyblivion Dev Diary just popped up after a year of silence.

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout The Frontier   Fallout The Frontier - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout The Frontier

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2