Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk Ryse Mask body boomers daryl wolfenstein machine riot Call Superpele marvel mandalorian ghoul Gear NPCs commonwealth Reforged vault Armor Overhaul money FCOM khan dead boom
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
360: new vegas game breaking glitch Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

360: new vegas game breaking glitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wertologist

Wertologist

360: new vegas game breaking glitch Empty
PostSubject: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 10:13 pm

I booted up my 360 to play some NV. I loaded my latest save and found it glitched. I couldn't draw any weapon and it is acting like I'm holding the zoom button. I reloaded it a few times ano reset my console. nothing worked. I figured it may have been the save so I loaded an earlier one. still had the same problem. all of my saves now have this bug. now if I'm in first person, my gun is floating in my face and my arms are floating in the air not attached to my body.

I'm on console, so I have no mods. this has never happened to me before and I have no idea how I can fix it. can someone help me try to fix it? this is frustrating. I'd attach a picture of the floating gun/arms, but I'm on my phone and can't upload them here with it.
Back to top Go down
snowglobecollector

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:41 am

When I was playing on my 360 I had also a lot of bugs.
One thing you could try,create a new player on your xbox. You would have to start over with the game though,but it sometimes helped my game.
My game was just always crashing when I tried to pick a lock or on the character creation menu.
So at some point I threw it and got it for Pc Smile .
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 1:42 pm

This, along with the countless hours of additional gameplay and enhancement mods provided by the community, is exactly why I moved to PC Thumbs Up

It might not be your game mate, it could also be down to the fact 360s are a few years old now, they're well known for breaking one way or another

Back to top Go down
Fury

Fury

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:22 pm

Might be able to find your bug on the wiki page for bugs (yes, there is a page for that). All platforms can have bugs of their very own. All I can say is that I NEVER had issues with any games on my 360's (have an original 2005 model and a slim, the 05' still works perfectly), was a great console to me - despite it now being 11 years old..

Anyhow, here is that link:
Code:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_bugs

polofficerbob

Character sheet
Name: Police Officer Bob
Faction: NCR and proud
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Hm, not sure what it could be, maybe try using vats on someone/dropping all your weapons and then picking them back up. Never heard of bug like this, but hey, usually when I get weapon fuck ups, those 2 methods help.

360: new vegas game breaking glitch Xgz9nkR360: new vegas game breaking glitch VB9B5
Back to top Go down
Constable Canada

Constable Canada

Character sheet
Name: Johnny S
Faction: Lewd Krew
Level: 69 or 99

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 12:16 am

Try switching the camera between first and third person. That usually fixes buggy animations.

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 12:51 am

Have you tried using another game and seeing if it works correctly? Most people with 360's have many games they can play on it. This is to see if there is a problem with the hardware.

Check the disk and make sure it is clean if you are using the disk. Is there some way to try another persons disk try that. To rule out a disk problem

Make sure your OS is updated fully to rule out some fix that was required.

In the game. Try raising up the pip boy. It does fix various View issues in the PC and might help with that. First person to third person swap as well anything to change the view. Try moving the character if possible to another cell where you force a reload.

The serious thing is this is occurring time and time again. The great thing about Xbox is once you leave and restart the game it goes back to normal. Unless it is an official glitch it will be resolved.

Finally try creating a brand new game. Something might have messed up and a fresh game might resolve the issue. There has been times in the past where this has worked. I did this in Fallout 3 as I had a xbox version of that game. It helped fix many problems otherwise not fixed.

Hopefully the above could give you some assistance.

Moonlightbae

Character sheet
Name: Litney Houston
Faction: Heartbreak Kids
Level: BadKenzClub aka FRESHER THAN YOU

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 12:56 am

Try clearing the cache on your Xbox, I'll be honest that usually fixes weird problems involving saves for me. Although, I believe New Vegas is now backwards compatible with the Xbox One, try installing it on that instead.

https://www.taylorswift.com/
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 6:22 pm

I tried the cache clear thing. nothing. I don't have an Xbox one so I can't switch.

I think it might be a problem with my Xbox since other games are getting glitches I've never experienced before.

I created a brand new save and the second I got out of Doc Mitchells house it got buggy.

I've switched in and out of third person. it seems to make it even worse. I can open the pop boy, but it doesn't do anything.

I tried to play saints row 2 and I had experienced glitches I never had before in the hundreds of hours logged in it. for example, the L trigger does not work in any type of menu, but works fine if I want to melee someone. if I try to drive, my car will stop suddenly and the accelerate won't work and I'll just do a donut. it seizes up.

I'm fairly certain it's my Xbox now. I just don't know what to do about it. this all happened after the last time it froze. I think it bugged up something in the software and every game is affected. anyone got any suggestions on what to do?
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 11:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww4V_8vWDZ8

If you are pretty sure the xbox is going bad then you might want open and really clean the xbox out really good. NO need to really do anything else. Just try to clean it really good. Might just be blocked fans and stuff.

Give that a try and see if that helps. You don't have a red ring of death so I doubt you need to reseat / repaste the processor etc.

If you aren't comfortable you might check to see if there is a repair shop in your location and they will do a simple cleaning for little cost.

If you have a different model (think model etc) there are videos that will help you figure out how to take it apart properly so that you can really clean it very well.

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 7:50 am

I have the elite. I really don't think it's a heating problem. That shouldn't make all my games glitchy. I'm no expert, but I don't think blocked fans would cause massive glitching I'm my games. If I could post my picture of new Vegas, you'd understand.

my arms will start floating a few feet away from me above my head. my holstered gun will float a few feet in front of me. buttons won't work under certain circumstances(R won't work to pull out the weapon, but it will work in the pip boy).

Just uploaded the NV picture. you can see it here:

https://postimg.org/image/yyvq5o54x/

I really don't think it's a fan problem.

Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Wertologist wrote:
I have the elite. I really don't think it's a heating problem. That shouldn't make all my games glitchy. I'm no expert, but I don't think blocked fans would cause massive glitching I'm my games. If I could post my picture of new Vegas, you'd understand.

my arms will start floating a few feet away from me above my head. my holstered gun will float a few feet in front of me. buttons won't work under certain circumstances(R won't work to pull out the weapon, but it will work in the pip boy).

The console versions are just crap and there is nothing to be done about that.
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 6:08 pm

Wertologist wrote:

It might not be a heating problem... however it is still something that should be done from time to time. You have a 360 so likely it is a few years old. A little heat can cause problems even if it don't seem like things are getting hot. I view 360's like laptops.. they both need a bit of TLC every couple of years. I have two 360's way older than yours and I don't have problems with glitches, freezes or hickups. IT is the original 360's first gen with the giant plug.. lol. I believe one don't even have a hard drive (external) and the other one has something like a 20 gb one. lol

Problems can be part of any of the following.
Corrupted game,
Failing hard ware, Memory, even HD (however I dismiss this because other games are working correctly as you reported.
Bad game disk. (if you have to use it and it isn't in the xbox.)

Have you tried to get a fresh copy of the game? See if that fixes it. (I believe you stated you tried a older save and a new game correct? still same problem)

I had a problem with Mass Effect where the characters were glitching. Not like yours but I found it was the Xbox needed some TLC.

IT is getting to the point that getting a different copy of the game to verify that it is either the game or the hardware. If that can't be done the last thing is .. and this will suck really bad and might not be something you will be willing to do ... reset the entire xbox to factory defaults. I had to do that to one of my Xboxes. That was the one for the Mass Effect Sad Lost everything when I did this. Not sure if there is a way currently to back up your saves and such. Might not even be a good idea. This I don't know. I haven't been a console user for close to 10 years. Haven't even fired up my xboxes for at least 7 years so I don't even know if they currently even work Wink

The other choise is take it to a person that does xbox repairs. They are few and far between and I don't know how to verify their quality of work. Except from Yelp or Better Buisness Bureu. etc.

Anyway good luck. Hope you can get your game up and running without loosing all yoru saves and such. Best wishes. I have pretty much tapped out all the suggestions I can currently think of.

Sage

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 6:26 pm

It sounds more like a software issue than hardware due to the fact that if it was hardware, the 360 would red ring. What I would do is backup everything you want to save and do a factory reset.

+++++
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 8:30 am

Somehow, the problem seems to have fixed itself. No idea how, but the issues seemed to have stopped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 360: new vegas game breaking glitch   360: new vegas game breaking glitch Empty

Back to top Go down

360: new vegas game breaking glitch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1