Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money vault commonwealth Superpele Mask Gear Call Ryse daryl boomers hunk gauss NPCs marvel wolfenstein riot khan boom Overhaul machine power Reforged ghoul dead mandalorian body
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Yesterday at 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Accelerator

Accelerator

Character sheet
Name: Accelerator
Faction: Independent
Level: 6

Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:39 am

Mostly what has been said already, New Vegas gave the feel I was expecting from a Fallout based in the location of Las Vegas. But how it came to be with the factions surrounding it absolutely astonished me, the NCR - a democratic federation that watches over New Vegas and uses it freely by letting their soldiers on leave gamble, party, get laid, have fun, etc.
Then there's the Legion, an autocratic, traditionalist, totalitarian slaver society that basically opposes the NCR's ways and methods.

New Vegas may not have had an emotional storyline like Fallout 3 but it made up for it by having a more complex, more interactive outcome. Mostly by choosing a faction.

This won't stop me from leaving credit where credit is due, Fallout 3 gave me an experience I'll never forget and we'll always remember it as 2008's Game of the Year.

"Someone that kills if given a reason, is definitely not a hero." - Accelerator

Last edited by Accelerator on Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A simple Enter I forgot.)
Back to top Go down
themattcon

themattcon

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Definitely New Vegas even though Mr. New Vegas is nowhere near Three Dog, the story, landscape and immersion is all superior in New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Mandalore

Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 2:24 pm

As much I like Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas beats it by far because of the development of characters.

Most of all the companions... It bugged the very hell out of me how we couldn't see more of Fallout 3 companions and their characters themselves like we would with the other games. So Fallout New Vegas showing us how they develop got major points from me.
Back to top Go down
2pacDre

2pacDre

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 5:31 pm

I don't think we can say that either is strictly "better" than the other. Here's my comparison:
Fallout 3:
Definitely takes the prize for pace and storytelling, a suspense filled drama that feels like death follows you around. Difficulty and gameplay were perfectly balanced against one another, with scarce resources and enemies everywhere, and finally great characters that grip you (NV has that too). However it is a little restrictive with choices, and the stock ending does end abruptly.

Fallout NV:
Better gameplay than 3, with its fixed gun mechanics, a dark comedy jam with funny characters, familiar faces, and a much better environment than 3 (in my opinion I prefer the Mojave, but I'm a West Coast guy). Great new faction system, with questlines and choice for each of them. It only suffers from being a little too easy and atmosphere is a little lacking.

Conclusion:
Both do exactly what they were designed to do perfectly, and it depends on either the personal preference or mood of the player to decide which they prefer. I love both equally, but if a choice would have to be made, I would take FNV, only due to the fact I love the weapon mechanics.

Acekiler

Acekiler

Character sheet
Name: Acekiler 45
Faction: Tsarnov's Legion
Level: 69

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 11:30 pm

I have to say Fallout 3 and no it's not because it's the first fallout game I modded and found myself here but because I knew what I had to do in Fallout 3. Opposed to Fallout NV that felt very boring and bland so much landscape, But so little things to kill in fallout 3 I hardly ever ran out of things to kill and it had the Doom traped in hell type feel to it almost like if you died you would be stuck in hell forever, While in NV all I got was these forces known as the NCR that don't even have any working vehicles outside of the vertibird that you can one shot with a UMP.45 and troops that make me want to crack WW1 jokes that no one could take seriously along with Caesars legion running around in red like they're on meth or something I just really couldn't take NV seriously at all and once you get done with the main story line it's over no more free roam for you. And the DLC's for Fallout NV...Let's just say never buy them under 1$
Back to top Go down
themrhalo

themrhalo

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: NCR/BoS
Level: 40

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 11:44 pm

I would have to say New Vegas because;

I felt that Fallout 3 forced you to be a good guy by if you went the bad route, you nuked a city.
If I was looking for my Dad in a wasteland I wouldn't blow up a connection to civilization.

In Fallout New Vegas however you are a courier. No one tells you who you were before besides being shot in the head. You get to go out and create your own story, unlike in Fallout 3 where it is canon that you were the good guy. There are a MULTITUDE of endings to choose from, how different settlements ended up, faction status and finally, companion status. I felt that I was free in a sense, that I could go the south road to New Vegas, or all the way through the Primm/Boulder City path in Fallout 3 it always felt like the main quests were how you got to your father finally. It also added much needed iron-sights and Hardcore mode.

Also the Old War Blues DLC was my favorite of all the DLCs, adding to the overall story of Ulysses and adding those creepy connections to Dead Money and how some creatures were created. My least favorite is definitely Mothership Zeta, so much so that I completely rushed the whole DLC in under an hour.

AheagoSucc

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 2:50 am

No mods and just base games, it would be fallout 3. New Vegas I haven't beaten, not because it's hard, but because it was so boring. Gameplay in new vegas was better but the story and characters were drier than the ones in Fallout 3. The new enemies were either silly or rehashed silly and don't even get me started on the landscape. FO3 gave some better performances and I actually gave a shit about the characters, but New Vegas... Sunny Smiles , Veronica, and Raul. Sunny should have been a companion. Also FO3 felt like it had depth and the DLC offered were great except for ZETA. I really can't say much for NewVegas DLC I only played Dead Money. New Vegas is a good game but only with mods, in my humble opinion
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 4:28 am

Fallout NV had the best lore, gameplay, RPG elements and overall experience.

But Fallout 3 had the ambience, atmosphere, character depth, emotions and also the best music. Anything Goes was way better than Johnny Guitar. I also felt bad that I'd just nuked one of the only friendly cities in the Wastes, and killed all those friendly people like Sheriff Simms and Moira Brown. Especially when Dad brings it up after Tranquility Lane (Greatest Fallout Quest of all time IMO). I never ever felt that way in NV.

So due to that, I'd say if you were looking for a great storyline with feels4days, go for FO3, but for the most action, gameplay and immersion go for NV.
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 7:01 am

New Vegas by a long shot!

Better story, Gameplay, Items, not to mention every single DLC that came out was absolutely brilliant

Such an immersive game with fantastic Characters, Locations and overall experience

One thing I'll credit Bethesda for is they're better at making world maps, they should just make a world map then hand the game onto Obsidian with every Fallout Title

Back to top Go down
SixShooter

SixShooter

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 8:20 am

I much prefer New Vegas. Fallout 3 doesn't even come close in my opinion.

Werdenek

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 2:38 pm

New Vegas is the best.No question.
Back to top Go down
Voivre

Voivre

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 3:00 pm

New Vegas, because I liked playing in the same city I live IRL. Was going to make my real home a player home for myself but never got around to it.

Hitchenson

Character sheet
Name: Player Character
Faction: House Always Wins
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

"...or Fallout 3"

Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 1f44c  Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 1f602

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
dufake

dufake

Character sheet
Name: dufake
Faction: Big MT
Level: Logan's Loophole

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:14 pm

Fallout 1. It's small but everything is so engaging. Fallout 2 is a bit lost since your tribe don't really need you. How about move to a different place to live? It's not practical to search a GECK in their tales.
Back to top Go down
JJHughes

JJHughes

Character sheet
Name: John
Faction: Lone Wolf
Level: Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:36 pm

New Vegas just for how it's story is set out
theres so much more freedom in how you chose to leave the mojave the ending aligns more with your own true opinion, in fallout 3 it was "save wasteland like a hero", "save wasteland like a wimp", or "doom all of wasteland (bar the enclave)"
plus the revenge story felt so much more engaging IMO, you didnt feel rushed into finding family, in NV I always felt more inclined to take my time, I even felt a greater sense of reward finally making it to new vegas than finding my dad.

If your looking for a more serious game fallout NV without the wild wasteland perk is also for you
As I think about it fallout 3 had vampires and a talking ghoul tree Smile
Back to top Go down
Azreg

Azreg

Character sheet
Name: Cole Phelps
Faction: LAPD
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 11:34 am

I'm gonna say NV. My first game was Fallout tactics which is widely considered the worst fallout game in the franchise and I thought it was okay so imagine how I felt when I picked New Vegas. I played everyday for a month. Just itching for a fix so I bought 3
And.. Well I just felt like it was a step down, you know. People love fallout 3 because It gives them the feeling of being alone, in a wasteland. With danger lurking in every corner. But not me, I prefer the desert. It's why Fallout 3 aaand 4 are just collecting dust..

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3   Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which fallout is best NV or Fallout 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2