Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
ghoul body mandalorian Overhaul Superpele Call Ryse hunk vault Reforged Mask wolfenstein khan marvel riot boomers money NPCs machine Gear daryl power dead gauss boom commonwealth
Latest topics
» A long overdue introduction
Console Gaming Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Console Gaming Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Console Gaming Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Console Gaming Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Console Gaming Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Console Gaming Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Console Gaming Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Console Gaming Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Console Gaming Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Console Gaming Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Console Gaming Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Console Gaming Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Console Gaming Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Console Gaming Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Console Gaming Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Console Gaming Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Console Gaming Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Console Gaming Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Console Gaming Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Console Gaming Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Console Gaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
markeydgn

markeydgn

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 3:47 am

Hey, I joined almost a year ago. I haven't been on here in the longest time and decided to come back for old time sake. I've decided to stop playing Fallout entirely. But then Fallout 4 came along and I've recently been playing the crap out of it ever since mods on console came out. I've been playing on console because I can't really afford a decent gaming computer.
But the problem is, the mods on Bethesda.net aren't really doing it for me.
Does anyone here play on a console? If so, how do you cope with not being able to mess around with amazing mods such as the ones on this site and Nexus?

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:08 am

@markeydgn

remember consoles are playing the catch up game at the moment and it will take them in my opinion an extremely long time to catch up to pc for example mods requiring F4SE that will likly never come out on console but they may eventually make more painstaking mods that work around these kind of requirements,

so basically what im saying is when you see a really good detailed mod on the nexus that uses advanced scripts and such you may need to wait a few months for it to make its way to console,

and another major factor is the tiny amount of modding space available to console users at the moment 2GB gets me only a handful of mods on pc i really hope they increase it by a lot for you guys sometime in the future,

i also moved this topic from members lounge/off topic to fallout/discussion
Back to top Go down
SomeGuysUserName

SomeGuysUserName

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 7:21 am

Like FoVet20 said, consoles are playing catch up. Due to recent events it may take a bit longer than we'd all hoped. There's been some people who didn't want to wait for authors to fix problems with mods, or were just outright impatient, and are spoiling it for everyone by taking mods from Nexus and posting them without permission. There was even one D. bag who basically just stole and posted a mod from someone else and asked for donations. I forget if it was money, or XBLive credit or games or what. This whole mess has soured a lot of the modders and some have just pulled all their mods off B.net and hidden them on Nexus.

Some mods just won't show up there. As Bethesda's rules stat, no nudity, no copyright infringing content. So a lot of stuff you'd find here is off limits. Quite a bit found on Nexus is off limits. Anything with CBBE or JaneBod is out unless they have customized textures to remove the nudity and make them clothed a-la the non-nude vanilla body. Caliente's page has a blurb about CBBE and Bethesda.net, in short saying: don't upload CBBE; don't upload anything created using any CBBE assets.

Aside from CBBE and JaneBod having nudity in the textures violating Bethesda's terms, they are really high poly count which will stress the consoles. The default textures are also 4k, again stressing the consoles. Most mods need "optimization" primarily being texture re-compression/re-sizing to make them not eat tons of memory.

I have one report from a personal friend who I ported an armor from Skyrim for. It's really detailed. The nif comes in at 9mb. So in simple terms the outfit is around 9x the vert/poly count of the cbbe body. The cbbe body if I recall is something like 20x the vert/poly count of the vanilla body. The textures for this armor eat about a whopping 1gb of ram. Just putting it on one character didn't have a noticeable impact. Putting it on 5 did (as expected).

Since there's a lot of female characters, if you installed something like the CBBE mod, which also would require the vanilla outfits, you now have ALL the female characters using a really high poly model. Walking into Diamond City now becomes a potential lag fest.

TL;DR

A lot of people say that they haven't had a negative impact by running the available mods on their XB1. I believe some were stating they had problems with the illegally posted version of CBBE though.

All in all the console mods are a good thing. They will come. Sadly, they won't all come. Just give it time and be patient.
Back to top Go down
markeydgn

markeydgn

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 7:41 am

Yeah, I figured. Consoles are at a big disadvantage right now. Only 2 GB space and no F4SE or any other specific requirements only accessible on PC? That's pretty disappointing. I'm pretty impatient, and Fallout is the only series that keeps me interested in gaming while the mods are an added bonus, so I might just blow all my money on a gaming PC. Either that or I can wait in agony for good mods to come around.

theoldwise

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 7:19 pm

for me there is no reason to play games on consoles anymore - as long as i play single player games. for a long time consoles were the way to go back when we frequently played coop games on one screen. All you need wa a tv a console a great coop game like (baldurs gate something alliance PS2) a second controler and you were ready to go. Since these games disappeared our so called game nights in the band room happend less and less. i played skyrim on xbox 360 and made the mistake to check nexus - which was really by accident and i was blown away by the mods. i bought myself a gaming pc and damn the difference was mind blowing - load screen? npe - animations - way smoother - light and fx - way better. After that i realised that buying a pc is the way to go in the future. if you buy both or all three consoles - you already paid as much as a decent gaming pc. i spent around 1300 Swiss Francs for a pc and i can play most new games on high or even ultra settings while sitting on my coach with a xbox controller. so there is no reason to get a console anymore. the days where youo could say "a socole is so much easier to handle" are gone as well. my frend and i bought a game to play on our eveing off. everything was ready and we put in the disc. This gaming started to install some data and we had to wait around 2 hours to get everything installed - luckily we could skip the PS4 system update. Installing a game on pc is just as easy now. So my advice sell your console. safe some money and get back to the origin of gaming . the PC;)

Console Gaming Doom10
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 12:58 pm

@theoldwise: You had 1300 Euros lying around. Others might not. What's so hard to understand?

And oh, you kinda forgot that you have to install an OS, worry about drivers, OC'ing (if that's your thing), and drivers (did I mention that already?). As much as I like using a PC, it's disingenuous to claim that using a console is as sophisticated as a PC.

Oh, and Uncharted: A Thief's End. I'll be damned if it ever comes to PC, but god damn that game is fine.

theoldwise

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 7:26 pm

@dazzerfong not exactly lying around no. ps4 costs 400CHF PC 1300CHF so all i had to do is safe some money over time. Its not like i had it in my pocket and thougfht: oh lets get a PC with that change in my pocket.. but if you safe money buying a pc seems to be the smarter choice. i still have a ps4 from a friend ( a wii, a 360, a ps3, a NES, a N64, a SNES, a gameboy, a ps vita, a gamecube, a dreamcast, a ps1, ps2, xbox, a NDS lite and a NDS XL) only thing missing is a xbox one.. so you can see i have a lot of experience with consoles and had almost zero with PC since i played Maniac Mansion or Kings Quest. I decided to switch because i spent a shit load of money on games, controllers and stuff. PC games are cheaper (steam etc.) mouse and keyboard are included, alreday have a big ass tv to play on. If i miss one or two games - so be it but the same goes if you buy every console - i'd love to play xenogears on wii u but i will not buy another console for one game. i'd love to play sunset overdrive or the next gears of war. so you will always miss games if you do not plan to buy every console and a pc. About OS - my win 10 was already installed - nvidia fancy GUI setting installs all drivers autoimatiucally as soon as it finds a new game. PCs back in the day - that was a pain. ever heard of a boot disc? yes that's what i did as a teen - boot disc made my doom run on a downsized screen on a 3 or 286 pc;) so far installing games was easy and i never struggled with anything. anyway - if you are happy with a console be my guest - i don't judge. all i did is state my opinion why a pc seems to be the better choice for now. No console will ever be as powerfull and if you buy every console to get all the exclusives . you will spend the same amount of money. cheers and have fun playing games

Console Gaming Doom10
Back to top Go down
blockhale

blockhale

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 pm

FoVet20 wrote:
[color=#FF9933]@markeydgn

when you see a really good detailed mod on the nexus that uses advanced scripts and such you may need to wait a few months for it to make its way to console

I'm pretty sure consoles inherently can't use script extenders because that would require installing third-party software to the machine, and so any of the big gameplay changing mods that require those will not be available at all on this generation of console, at least.
Back to top Go down
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 9:54 pm

@blockhale

that is very true pal but i never say never when it comes to the capabilities of modders i dont know a whole lot about script modding, but ill never doubt the skill of the modding community they have done a lot of things people never thought would be possible,

like i said im no expert in scripting, lol

but you never know maybe bethesda will implement something similar to F4se but i wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen
Back to top Go down
Crispian11

Crispian11

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 10:08 pm

I only play select games on console that I can't play on PC, like JRPGs and stuff. Bethesda games and other games with a big focus on modding I play on PC.

Console Gaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Console Gaming   Console Gaming Empty

Back to top Go down

Console Gaming

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1