Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrees92

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Dunno, House hasn't won in the last 200 years, why should he win now? TongueTril

A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he quits, or if he dies.

The same boiling water that softens potatoes, hardens eggs. It's all about what you're made of, not your circumstances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lgarrott

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Legion has a good chance of winning the immediate battle due to a lack of NCR morale and supplies. However any push farther west by the legion would result in immediate NCR retaliation to defend their beloved California
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elroy911

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 pm

I think the NCR would win but with massive losses because they were suprised with the Legion Soldiers coming through the Dam. But at the time the Reinforcemend of the NCR would arrive they would have good chances of defending the Dam.

Dio Brando

Character sheet
Name: Aya A7-01
Faction: Institute, Aggresive Reaction Unit
Level: Unknown

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Battlefield is the place where psychos turn the wheel of fate. And the Legion is full of them.

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:16 am

@lgarrott wrote:
NCR and proud! But seriously in the long run the NCR would win. Once Caesar dies the Legion dies with him

naaah, i doubt it. legate lanius would simply take his place...and that guy is VICIOUS lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AMOneEighty

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:24 am

You could also argue that it'll be a continuing stalemate, I mean after all, you improve NCR moral and support and give the Legion and the extra edge, and help Mr. House set his plan into motion, so really, The Courier is the tipping point to any faction, without them, the game ends up a stalemate for a hell of a lot longer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarhead505

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:05 am

@oldboy wrote:
@lgarrott wrote:
NCR and proud! But seriously in the long run the NCR would win. Once Caesar dies the Legion dies with him

naaah, i doubt it. legate lanius would simply take his place...and that guy is VICIOUS lol.

the legion follow Caesar not his ideals so once he's gone the legion will slowly crumble from the inside because of basic human nature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AMOneEighty

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:00 am

They do? I mean forgive me I've never done a Legion playthrough but I know the one Legion guy you interrogate says something about how people don't believe Caesar is a fit leader for them because of his tumor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:17 am

It doesn't show it in game but its heavvily implied the legion crumbles. But also some think the legion will thrive and do even better under Lanius. Depends on how lanius handles his troops honestly. But i think the legion would win hoover dam with or without Caesar due to Lanius being a military genius
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdlhAFs0OMZmByUo_TV735w
LanPaKing

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:40 pm

In my playthrough, no one really cares about Caesar's being the leader or not. I killed Caesar and all I heard from the Legions are they mourned for his death, but none I heard said anything about he will be remembered or something like that. So I guess no one really gave a damn about his death. Also during the battle of Hoover Dam, they don't seem that misguided or look crumbled to me, maybe the Legion only see Caesar as a guidance rather than a leader. Also it would seem that they are some within the Legion who are somewhat fed up with Caesar, like Silus (the NCR prisoner) and Dead Sea (the commanding officer? in Nelson).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrees92

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:44 am

In-game its super-duper heavily implied that once the Caesar dies, the legion would fall apart. HOWEVER, from my experience (killed Caesar several times), and the fact that I believe that Lanius is a very capable leader (if not better that Caesar), the legion would be able to continue without him, sure, some legionnaries would defect, and there would be a minor incidence, but the mass force of the legion would still stand, as I said, Lanius is a very capable commander.

A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he quits, or if he dies.

The same boiling water that softens potatoes, hardens eggs. It's all about what you're made of, not your circumstances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sierran

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:05 am

@Andrees92 wrote:
In-game its super-duper heavily implied that once the Caesar dies, the legion would fall apart. HOWEVER, from my experience (killed Caesar several times), and the fact that I believe that Lanius is a very capable leader (if not better that Caesar), the legion would be able to continue without him, sure, some legionnaries would defect, and there would be a minor incidence, but the mass force of the legion would still stand, as I said, Lanius is a very capable commander.

Lanius is hardly a commander, He's more of a butcher, Relentless forward assaults and suicide missions would probably become the norm within the Legion should Caesar, A far more cunning and tactful commander, be killed, The thing about such brute force tactics is that they can easily be subverted by a somewhat competent enemy commander, Replace General Oliver with Colonel Hsu at the Battle of Hoover Dam and the Legion would be running like cowards even without the Courier's legendary skills.

alonewolf003

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 am

@Sierran wrote:
@Andrees92 wrote:

Lanius is hardly a commander, He's more of a butcher, Relentless forward assaults and suicide missions would probably become the norm within the Legion should Caesar, A far more cunning and tactful commander, be killed, The thing about such brute force tactics is that they can easily be subverted by a somewhat competent enemy commander, Replace General Oliver with Colonel Hsu at the Battle of Hoover Dam and the Legion would be running like cowards even without the Courier's legendary skills.

Well to be honest we don't really know Lanius that well, if not at all, only that he's brutal, and he's successfully conquered over 19 tribes (source = wiki). He's the Legion's military commander after all.

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:08 am

Personally, I think the Legion takes it. The NCR got lucky last time, if they hadn't lured them into Boulder City the Legion would have won.

I don't think the Legion would have lasted too much longer after that though, without the Courier Ceaser still has his tumour and everyone knows Lanius couldn't hold them together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuddles

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 am

I would think that the legion would win because they have more people than the Ncr does but the legion would win but at a cost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fhatton7

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:23 pm

I think its quite obvious that the Legion would easily win the battle with Lanius at the helm. Also, the strip infiltration and the attack on forlorn hope would go down without a hitch. The NCR has ALOT of problems in the game that can only be fixed by the Courier.. McCarren bombing, The fiends, forlorn hope, bitter springs supply problems, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darianshaw1

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:06 pm

i feel they would just kill each other they are both power hungry then knowing how cheap the brotherhood of steel is they would come over at the end and clean it all up. lol but thats just me Machine Gunner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huntman75

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:41 am

I believe without the great intervention of the courier that the state of the Mojave would remain in a stalemate until eventually Benny killed Mr. House and got control of the Securitrons and FSU'd. (F$%$ed S#$% Up)

KCCO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldboy

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:36 am

@Andrees92 wrote:

he is a capable commander, and hes ruthless too...he exterminates the followers of the apocalypse, kills everyone inside the Strip, crucifies arcade gannon and a whole bunch of other ruthless stuff.

a quick quote from wiki proving that hes a capable commander
Quote :
Since this time, Lanius has led Caesar's Legion to victory over 19 tribes and has led the conquest of Colorado.

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:35 am

I think the ncr would eventually win... After a long drawn out battle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   Today at 6:08 am

Back to top Go down

who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next