Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boom ghoul vault riot dead mandalorian khan FCOM upgrades marvel space boomers Ryse Call body Superpele Reforged money machine hunk Mask commonwealth daryl NPCs wolfenstein Gear
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 pm

» hi i'm new person
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby Smellen D'generes Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:06 pm

» New person
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:06 am

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:44 am

» who here is a mandalorian??
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
brettozi13

brettozi13

who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Empty
PostSubject: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:02 am

In a hypothetical situation where the courier died on that fateful night up Goodspring's cemetery, who do you think would have one the battle of hoover dam bearing in mind that certain events in the wasteland would've never occurred without the courier and he also helped all the parties prepare for the battle (depending on who you chose).

I personally think that NCR would have one because Mr.House wouldn't have his upgraded securitrons or as many either because they are below the fort. also benny would have the platinum chip so i'm curious to how that would plan out with yes man and him! The legion would've killed kimball at the dam visit which would impact NCR morale but seeming as they one the first battle of hoover dam i still think they would've won.

Tell me what you think would've happened or any other quests/events in the mojave that would turn out differently without the courier!

Last edited by brettozi13 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 am

Lanius would destroy aal of them if Ulyssus wouldnt have done it.
Back to top Go down
Eetterinakki

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:50 am

The Wild Card ending is essentially the Courier finishing Benny's plan, so without him storming the Tops and killing or forcing Benny to flee to Fortification Hill, he would have time to complete his coup in peace.

That would land him with the upgraded Securitrons, as well as all of the Chairmen at his command. It would probably also mean the other 2 families on the Strip answer to him as they did to House. So yeah, I think Benny could pull it off.

tehuitzaldebamf

tehuitzaldebamf

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:57 am

I'd have to say the NCR, they seem like a faction who's got a large enough army to pull off success, and also I'm incredibly biased against the Legion.

Fuck the legion, straight from the f3underground.
Back to top Go down
brettozi13

brettozi13

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 10:08 am

Eetterinakki wrote:
The Wild Card ending is essentially the Courier finishing Benny's plan, so without him storming the Tops and killing or forcing Benny to flee to Fortification Hill, he would have time to complete his coup in peace.

That would land him with the upgraded Securitrons, as well as all of the Chairmen at his command. It would probably also mean the other 2 families on the Strip answer to him as they did to House. So yeah, I think Benny could pull it off.

Yes but remember fortification hill is where the securitrons are so he would have been captured again with the chip and then Caesar would have destroyed the securitron vault!

baba10110

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 10:34 am

Without his improved securitron army, Mr House can't win the Hoover Dam battle.
Benny is captured by the legion when he tried to improve the securitron army so i think he can't win the battle.
For me it's really between the ncr and the legion : the legion has a lot of centurion and elite legionnaires but the ncr has soldier in power armor, many of rangers and a lot of simple soldiers.
Back to top Go down
AdotLOM

AdotLOM

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 10:44 am

The problem with the NCR is that they just can't bring out their big guns for the fight. If the battle was more within the reach of the NCR's power base (Shady Sands), then it'd be an absolute cakewalk for them.

I hate the Legion too, but I'm not sure if the NCR could hold it that easy.

That said - if the NCR lose, they lose control over the Mojave. If anyone else loses, they get completely destroyed. At worst, the NCR lose some electricity and a gambling hub, but everyone else has everything at stake. Just my two cents.

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:07 am

I would really have to say that Benny would probably win, actually. Both the Legion and the NCR were not truly ready for any kind of battle. Benny had access to the securitron army and could have won Vegas pretty easily.

Then again, someone made a good point about the securitrons being located at Fortification hill. So if he got captured and couldn't do anyhting, then, as much as i hate to say it, the legion could have won. They would have access to the platinum chip after capturing Benny and could have the robot army.

AdotLOM

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:20 am

Grimmex wrote:
I would really have to say that Benny would probably win, actually. Both the Legion and the NCR were not truly ready for any kind of battle. Benny had access to the securitron army and could have won Vegas pretty easily.

Then again, someone made a good point about the securitrons being located at Fortification hill. So if he got captured and couldn't do anyhting, then, as much as i hate to say it, the legion could have won. They would have access to the platinum chip after capturing Benny and could have the robot army.

But someone said earlier that Benny is captured by the Legion if he tries to activate the securitrons.

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:22 am

AdotLOM wrote:
Grimmex wrote:

But someone said earlier that Benny is captured by the Legion if he tries to activate the securitrons.

Yeah, i realized that after. I have to say that the legion would probably win if they got Benny. they could have access to the robot army, no?

AdotLOM

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:23 am

Grimmex wrote:
AdotLOM wrote:
Grimmex wrote:

Yeah, i realized that after. I have to say that the legion would probably win if they got Benny. they could have access to the robot army, no?

I didn't see anything like that happen in the game. Not sure what happens if you side with the legion, while Benny is still alive though.

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:25 am

AdotLOM wrote:
Grimmex wrote:
AdotLOM wrote:
Grimmex wrote:

I didn't see anything like that happen in the game. Not sure what happens if you side with the legion, while Benny is still alive though.

I don't know either haha, i have never sided with the legion. I'd like to think the NCR would dominate the battle but i think that wouldn't happen in all honesty Sad

mindstormer

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:27 am

Definitely the Legion. While the NCR is waging war with the Legion, they are also at war with the fiends and the raiders, which is draining the pockets of the NCR (menpower and caps). The NCR also has a problem with their supply lines, soldiers aren't equipped well and they are on ration (take a look at camp McCarran).

The NCR took it on them selfs to take care of refugees (like bitter springs). Doing this the NCR is wasting menpower and supplies, again.

While the NCR is fighting enemies from all kind off directions and is facing a lot of diverse problems, the Legion is regaining strenght and they are building up their forces again at the fort. I am sure that the NCR isn't able to repel another attack from the Legion, at least not if they continue to waste money on side issues.

Last edited by mindstormer on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:28 am

mindstormer wrote:
Definitely the Legion. While the NCR is waging war with the Legion, they are also at war with the fiends and the raiders, which is draining the pockets of the NCR. The NCR also has a problem with their supply lines, soldiers aren't equipped well and they are on ration.

The NCR took it on them selfs to take care of refugees (like bitter springs). Doing this the NCR is wasting menpower and supplies.

While the NCR is fighting enemies from all kind off directions and is facing a lot of diverse problems, the Legion is regaining strenght and they are building up their forces again at the fort. I am sure that the NCR isn't able to repel another attack from the Legion, at least not if they continue to waste money on side issues.

Yeah, as much as i hate to agree (cause i side with the NCR or House), i feel as though you're right.

AdotLOM

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:29 am

Grimmex wrote:
I don't know either haha, i have never sided with the legion. I'd like to think the NCR would dominate the battle but i think that wouldn't happen in all honesty Sad
I'd like to think that too. The NCR is always my first choice, but if only their main forces could spare some of the more powerful units to the war. Lore seems to indicate that they have reclaimed most of the military equipment left over by the former US in that area. If they were able to bring all that into the fight...

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:32 am

AdotLOM wrote:
Grimmex wrote:
I'd like to think that too. The NCR is always my first choice, but if only their main forces could spare some of the more powerful units to the war. Lore seems to indicate that they have reclaimed most of the military equipment left over by the former US in that area. If they were able to bring all that into the fight...

Then i feel like they could win. What i would love to see is some more lore about the Rangers and First Recon. Those units would have a major impact.

mindstormer

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:41 am

Grimmex wrote:
mindstormer wrote:
Definitely the Legion. While the NCR is waging war with the Legion, they are also at war with the fiends and the raiders, which is draining the pockets of the NCR. The NCR also has a problem with their supply lines, soldiers aren't equipped well and they are on ration.

The NCR took it on them selfs to take care of refugees (like bitter springs). Doing this the NCR is wasting menpower and supplies.

Yeah, as much as i hate to agree (cause i side with the NCR or House), i feel as though you're right.

Still, The NCR has a chance to win. The problem of the NCR is that they are to pread out, while the Legion is centralized at one big location (the fort). Because the NCR has a big terretory, they have to distriute their forces. If they abandon these locations (like primm, mojave outpost, builder city and so on) and send these guys to the front, the legion has to deal with a much bigger force.

Also if the rangers and snipers from the bases (McCarran and Golf) will head out to the front, the legion almost has an impossible job to accomplish. Because the legion prefer Melee weapons, the rangers can snipe them down easy enough from the nearby ridges.

But first the NCR has to get their shit together, and set priorities straight again. Or not, and let the magnificent Legion win cowboy

TRUE TO CAESAR

AdotLOM

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:44 am

The thing that has always confused me, is what makes the Legion powerful enough to threaten a primarily firearm-centric military in the first place? Is it purely to do with the disparity of NCR troops?

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Without the Courier there is no doubt in my mind Legion would win. The secret plans with the Omertas and the Khans for example. The over stretching of the NCR with the continued assault from the feinds would cause a weak NCR to be slaughtered by the Legion.

brettozi13

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 2:42 pm

The Omertas only would've attacked the strip and that's only if the courier did help them with the items that that they required and the great khans sent barely any help for the battle. and also the NCR would have sent a different operative other than the courier to sabotage the great khans plot.

PostSubject: Re: who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?   who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention? Empty

Back to top Go down

who'd win the battle of Hoover Dam without the couriers intervention?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next