Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Overhaul Gear Superpele khan marvel dead boom ghoul riot machine Mask Ryse mandalorian wolfenstein commonwealth NPCs power Reforged Call hunk vault daryl gauss boomers body money
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Today at 12:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:29 am

» Late Introduction
Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 12:26 pm

@gavin gold

New Vegas is at least justifiable in the sense the Gun Runners are pushing out factory new weapons they manufactured based off pre-war blueprints. While it is true most weapons tend to be wood and metal, composite materials aren't out of the equation entirely as they're not exactly rocket science to reproduce, especially when there's plenty of materials to recycle in the old world left behind in the post-apocalypse.

Plastics are one of those things that take decades or even centuries to degrade since they're not as bio-degradable like organic materials are so scavenging that kind of stuff wouldn't be too hard to believe since you can do the same in Fallout 4's scavenging system with all that useless junk items found in containers and such. That R700 linked in my previous post is also synthetic in Fallout 4, and arguably more tacticool in-game with its custom recoil compensating stock.

As for Fallout not using real life weapon names that's something that isn't really unique to Fallout as most games tend to do that to avoid paying gun manufactures royalties for using their trademark. MW2019 is a good example as almost every weapon in that game is not named after their real life counterpart. A good example would be the G36 rifles being called the 'Holger-26'.

I will agree though Halo is waaaaaay out of place in Fallout. Wolfenstein though isn't too out of place as far as art style goes. The only thing that is out of place are the Nazi symbols and whatnot, but other than that the art style in Fallout 4 and the art style in the modern Wolfenstein games are very similar with their retro-futurism.

A theme I noticed with modern Bethesda games, they all share a similar art style to them. Doom 2016/Eternal, Wolenstein II, Fallout 4... there's a little something in each of these games that wouldn't stick out when placed in one another's respective universe. Doom Guy and the BFG9000 in Fallout 4 is a good example. Granted they're based on the classic 90s design and not the modern Doom Slayer but still. That said Doom Eternal at least the weapon designs were inspired by the classics as well such as the Plasma Rifle. That big bulky sonnuvabitch fits right at home in Fallout imo. I can deff see it being some kind of Enclave post-war design if it existed in Fallout universe.

sigmaceti

Character sheet
Name: Shepard
Faction: Lone Wanderer
Level: Unimportant

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 3:11 am

well I limit my F4 game to 55 mods and when something new coms I just decide that I will delete one mod and I don't think that too many mods ruins a game, what I think is that mods enhance the experience (for me at least) and give you more stuff to work with but at a same time I prefer some games without mods, like Far Cry games, I would never and will not ever use mods to play those games but that is my opinion

Legião

Character sheet
Name: Victor
Faction: Italian Mafia
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 7:46 am

I Agree with your opinion. it's like that quote i've seen in youtube: ''There's a fallout in your mods''.

Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 10:44 am

The true experience was never realized in its vanilla state, the devs were always clear about that. They needed more time. The devs even made their own mods to help create the vision they'd wanted, like Jsawyer's mod. The "pure" experience as a synonym for vanilla just doesn't add up with New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
CommunistDragon

CommunistDragon

Character sheet
Name: Neo
Faction: Highest Bidder
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Too many of the "wrong" mods ruin the game. If you know how to pick great mods then you game can only get better.
Back to top Go down
yeye25784

yeye25784

PostSubject: Agreed   Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 4:59 pm

I completely agree, I started by downloading everything I liked, now I seem to be more picky about what i download as some mods have just ruined it and others have made it way more entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Tastys

Tastys

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:01 pm

Too many cooks spoils the broth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8
Back to top Go down
Ballout

Ballout

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 3:29 am

For me it's a fine balance.

I remember one modder on Nexus comparing FO to Metro, and saying the former just had too much goofiness and silly humour in it, and I tend to agree, when it comes to the latter Fallouts.

1, 2 and Tactics had humour, but it was tempered with the grim soundtrack, plot and environment, taking a lot of cues from post apocalyptic movies of the Cold War. 3 and NV did okay with carrying on the flavour of the first games, but you could see changes coming in the tone of gameplay. 4 was borderline and 76 no longer has any feeling of the Cold War era, at least for me anyway.

Even the reasoning and lore around Vault 76 is flagrantly taking a dump on essential lore, and it's designed to cater to the ego of the neugamer; the casual MMPORG 'wanna play with my friends and take selfies' customer base. The very fact that the marketing for 76 is that it's a Vault for America's 'best and brightest' (no matter what later plotinelines reveal) is a direct marketing target for the new mass consumer, ie, "The best and brightest - like you, dear consumer!".

I've got 3, NV and 4 modded to the max, like most people, but all of those mods are focused on making the game grittier, harsher, more somber, will still preserving Fallout lore and legacy.

These latest YT videos that convert FO4 into CoD are very impressive, but they're the point where it destroys gameplay. Once again, my own humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
anstand

anstand

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 12:20 pm

I tend to agree here too, especially when it comes to weapon mods and mods like A World of Pain, or other quests mods for New Vegas that add locations to places that make absolute no sense (that god damn cigarette factory near Goodsprings in the mountain region). For a game like New Vegas, which put a lot of effort into world building, it is crucial that mods also do the same, or otherwise, immersion is broken.

Whereas in Fallout 3, I usually go wild with the location mods, since nothing in this game makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
ButtMunch

ButtMunch

Character sheet
Name: Farmer With Shotgun
Faction: Vault 22
Level: 34

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 9:04 pm

I agree. Before I had a PC I would fantasize about playing modded bethesda games and once I finally did I spent hours and hours and hours on downloading random mods and trying them out and trying to make like my own perfect lil fallout but nothing ever really hits the same as playing the core game even though I still love mods and will continue to destroy my memory by endlessly downloading mods I know at least imo that base game = best game.
Back to top Go down
Thevaultdweller112

Thevaultdweller112

Character sheet
Name: Gunner
Faction: Crusaders
Level: 45

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:36 pm

I can understand your view tbh. For me i usually base Fallouts on the story lines and the locations and go from there, more wild west style gunslinger for New Vegas, more military survival style for Fallout 3. Fallout 4 is a weird one as i think the game itself doesn't hold to a linear style which i really don't like.. but overall i go off of what mods are available for that game and how I'm feeling at that time and if anything has inspired me to change it up. I've made my New Vegas like the new Stalker as it looks fantastic and downloaded some survival mods + Awop and many others but as always i'll feel a change at some point but that's the beauty of mods! You can make it entirely how you want it whenever you want

GenJohnWilliam

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 3:15 pm

u right i try to keep it light and vanilla. only have a couple of crazy mods dont even use enbs anymore only reshades they look more close to the actual game they most enbs
Back to top Go down
Lupinboi

Lupinboi

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 6:43 pm

I try keeping my games as vanilla as possible I don't like this meta of turning Skyrim into Dark Souls or adding op weapons that trivializes encounters especially since NPCs in my game will use them too
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 am

I think mods can fix things that don't make sense or seem restrictive to you. For me, I got mods for Fallout 4 pretty early on. One of the first ones was a mod that made Fusions Cores last a bit longer. I think it also comes down to taste. Fallout/Elder Scrolls/Starfield, they're all sandboxes and are what you make of it. One of my absolutely hands down favorite mods for Fallout 3 was Mothership Zeta Crew (Terran Starship Command). It hugely expanded the Zeta DLC and felt so cool building the faction from the spaceship up. In my mind, it also fit the game. For some, that might not have fit their taste or vision of the game. I think it's up to the player to curate what mods they install and play with. I had played both FO3 and FNV on Xbox but played them again on PC specifically to try them with mods. With FO4 I downloaded a lot of mods initially but as more quality stuff started coming up, I started curating my mods to what seemed to make sense and fit into the game universe. I think the vanilla experience is important, but I also feel that Bethesda has been dropping the ball more and more. I'm playing Starfield right now, and I enjoy it, but it could have been so much more. I have faith that when the Beth fixes the formlists and releases the CK, modders will finally be able to make the game what it should have been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game    Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2