Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
ghoul riot wolfenstein money boom NPCs FCOM body boomers khan daryl Gear Ryse commonwealth Call upgrades marvel Superpele dead mandalorian vault hunk machine Mask Reforged space
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperDemonBoy15

SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet
Name: Crowder
Faction: FOJ
Level: 7812

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Empty
PostSubject: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 1:52 pm

Hello GUNetwork, I need some help my GECK keeps crashing when i load or try to create a new weapon, I have re-installed it before and same results. i don't use enb's so there are no d3d9.dll files in there.

Edit: Fixed the issue by deleting the data folder and re-verifying the cache. If you want to mod then this is one of the only solutions that I know. It will re-vanilliafy your game but if you want to keep anything back it up. if its a mod like FCO then just re-install it.

If someone could go deeper into the data folder and tell me what caused this bug? It could be a weapon mesh, I read on a nexus fourm trying my best to find an article that would've helped me. Nothing there helped so I just deleted my data folder. I hope this helped someone.

Try out my other Realism overhaul for New Vegas!

FNV-PROJECT REALISM

Last edited by SuperDemonBoy15 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the issue.)
Back to top Go down
broccolimonster

broccolimonster

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 2:01 pm

try to uncheck some of your plugins before you run GECK but b sure those you want to edit/or set as masters is loaded. For some reason GECK can't handle a lot of plugins. Goodluck! Banana Dance

Edit: If you're using MO or the new NMM you might want to use profiles. I just make copy of my current profile then disable all plugins then enable those plugins that I need.

SuperDemonBoy15

SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:07 am

broccolimonster wrote:
try to uncheck some of your plugins before you run GECK but b sure those you want to edit/or set as masters is loaded. For some reason GECK can't handle a lot of plugins. Goodluck! Banana Dance

Edit: If you're using MO or the new NMM you might want to use profiles. I just make copy of my current profile then disable all plugins then enable those plugins that I need.
That did not work sadly...Still ctd

Thanks though, may be handy for in the future

FNV-PROJECT REALISM
Back to top Go down
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptyMon May 08, 2017 5:53 pm

I know this is an old post, but I think I finally figured out the problem. Do you use Fallout Character Overhaul(FCO)? If so, uninstall it. At least until you are finished with the GECK then reinstall. I had the same problem and someone recommended this solution. I tried it and it worked. Hopefully it works for you too. Smile
Back to top Go down
vSelfMade

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 7:32 am

TheThompsonBoss wrote:
I know this is an old post, but I think I finally figured out the problem. Do you use Fallout Character Overhaul(FCO)? If so, uninstall it. At least until you are finished with the GECK then reinstall. I had the same problem and someone recommended this solution. I tried it and it worked. Hopefully it works for you too. Smile
you sir saved my life. Plus rep for that super helpful tip
Back to top Go down
SuperDemonBoy15

SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 am

@TheThompsonBoss thanks for this, this really helps ALOT. I wonder whats causing FCO to mess up the weapons. +1 rep!

FNV-PROJECT REALISM
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 2:32 am

What does one need to do to uninstall it effectively? Just remove the plugins or all the associated files as well? I keep crashing when I try to edit a weapon to check the texture path, it's missing its texture in game. I crash even when I just load vanilla plus dlc and try to edit a weapon.

darkstyler

darkstyler

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 10:44 am

@Evmeister
If the problem comes with every model, that's may have nothing to do with the models, rather than archives. In that case have you a valid save of your dlcs, to overwrite the one you have in the data folder that may be corrupted or something ? Do it with every archive suspected to be a part of the problem.

If the problems comes only with one model, this sound you have a problem with the model itself, or/and it's dependancies, (script, projectile, etc...) not sure the Geck would crash because of a texture. To be sure, you may try first :
- To replace the loose file in question by a vanilla model.
- If it keep crashing, load your plugin in xedit and check if the model has a projectile, if not attribute one that you are sure the model is vanilla.
- Remove script from the weapon and test.
- If the problem comes from the model, you may try the mesh healer from Anton here --> I've made a little tutorial on the forum post here.
- If the problem comes from the model and once in game the game crashes when you try to equip the weapon, check it with nifscope, (if you're familliar with it) to be sure the strings indexes are named correctly. A single bad name already used by a nitristrip /shape and bam, it crashes the game or the Geck.

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Sig-1214FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-21FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-22FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-23FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-24FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-25
Back to top Go down
https://www.gunetwork.org/t16839-tutorial-on-how-to-mod-your-hea
Alfaz

Alfaz

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 2:05 am

Evmeister wrote:
What does one need to do to uninstall it effectively? Just remove the plugins or all the associated files as well? I keep crashing when I try to edit a weapon to check the texture path, it's missing its texture in game. I crash even when I just load vanilla plus dlc and try to edit a weapon.

I'm not sure about what Mod manager you're using, but with NMM, it could be as simple as just rightclick the mod in the MODS tab->Uninstall or delete->remove from active profile or delete entirely.

if you're going the manual method, just locate the files from the .rar or .7z file you downloaded, inside of your data folder. i would beware deleting folders unles you know exactly what you're doing.

darkstyler

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptySun May 20, 2018 8:11 pm

Ok I've just had the same problem today and found another solution. The solution depends on the problem right ? I tried almost everything listed here to finish by finding a post on nexus that explained to rename the meshes folder. In that case, it means if it works, it's because one or several meshes have...something wrong like a bad string index :

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] String11

So I renamed the folder by meshes.bak, loaded the plugin I was working on and I could again edit any weapon in the game. So in my case it's a problem of mesh (es). I was thinking about Anton and his marvelous program for Skyrim, that corrects nif files (nif healer). In another post a guy said it was necessary to uninstall FCO, another to patch Geck with 4 Gb patch (I did it, the patch here)) and to finish, someone told it was the Data\meshes\characters\hair\eyebrowm.nif the culprit. I deleted it and...it worked, this file was the problem. Anyway I opened it with nifscope, to see the file couldn't work at all, because it has no BSfadenode and the structure (the way it's organized) of the nodes and Ni...things is unusual, so nothing to repair here, just put it in the trashbin. I've made a bug report here.

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Sig-1214FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-21FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-22FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-23FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-24FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Bande-25
Back to top Go down
Alfaz

Alfaz

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptySun May 20, 2018 8:29 pm

darkstyler wrote:
Ok I've just had the same problem today and found another solution. The solution depends on the problem right ? I tried almost everything listed here to finish by finding a post on nexus that explained to rename the meshes folder. In that case, it means if it works, it's because one or several meshes have...something wrong like a bad string index :

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] String11

So I renamed the folder by meshes.bak, loaded the plugin I was working on and I could again edit any weapon in the game. So in my case it's a problem of mesh (es). I was thinking about Anton and his marvelous program for Skyrim, that corrects nif files (nif healer). In another post a guy said it was necessary to uninstall FCO, another to patch Geck with 4 Gb patch (I did it, the patch here)) and to finish, someone told it was the Data\meshes\characters\hair\eyebrowm.nif the culprit. I deleted it and...it worked, this file was the problem. Anyway I opened it with nifscope, to see the file couldn't work at all, because it has no BSfadenode and the structure (the way it's organized) of the nodes and Ni...things is unusual, so nothing to repair here, just put it in the trashbin. I've made a bug report here.

This is awesome! i've been having that exact issue, and i didn't even realize! Thanks dark! my question is - should i copy and rename another similar eyebrow file to take its place? a working one from the same mod or something?

darkstyler

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptySun May 20, 2018 8:48 pm

@Alfaz if the file in question is in pristine condition, I advise you to do it, sure, this way, nothing is missing Wink

EDIT @Alfaz, I was wrong, no need to overwrite the file, just delete it, there's already one in the fallout - meshes.bsa Smile

Back to top Go down
haloruler1449

haloruler1449

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Wow Im gonna see if this fixes my issues with NV right now. Never would've guessed it was FCO. Thank you Smile

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 10:50 am

I had the exact same problem sometime ago. As stated higher, I fixed it my deleting the eyebrow mesh added by FCO

What a random fix

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ] Empty

Back to top Go down

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1