Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear hunk Mask Reforged Call wolfenstein power khan mandalorian dead commonwealth ghoul gauss body boom daryl NPCs money marvel boomers Overhaul Superpele Ryse riot machine vault
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby DionysusDreams Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby HunterWorld Yesterday at 3:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31 ... 51  Next
AuthorMessage
Kellen Wolf

Kellen Wolf

Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:14 pm

Thank you so much! I am truly happy to beck in the community, and appreciate the trust shown to me. I may not be able to offer a lot in terms of mods, (though I am learning a thing here and there, thx to DVAted, and other members), but I will continue to be a helpful and positive member. Thank you again!
Back to top Go down
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Congrats to the recipients of promotions! Congratulations!

May you make keep making the GUN community proud to have you all as members! Thumbs Up

Patriot 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) 2133 @ 11-11-11-27
eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - O/S
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - Storage
Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply
Thermaltake Core X9 Chassis
Samsung UD590 3840 x 2160
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 12:21 am

Yay all those new members that can enjoy all the mods Hugging welcome to the colonials Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
lloganl12

lloganl12

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 1:36 am

Congrats everyone on your promotions! I hope to join you soon! Banana Dance
Back to top Go down
TixIssence56

TixIssence56

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 2:10 am

I just woke up! And went here and I was like whats with my name color! HAHA!

Thanks! and congratz to the other people who were promoted!
Back to top Go down
BillyJohn

BillyJohn

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 2:24 am

Was a very welcome surprise to see my name was now greeny blue (not sure what the actual colour is lol). Anyway thanks for the promotion, I'm glad to be apart of this community! Smile
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
djadamson

djadamson

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Congratulations to the 3 new veterans and the 4 new colonials, enjoy your new ranks Thumbs Up
I haven't been on for a few days but I can't believe there have been so many demotions Neutral
Back to top Go down
deadlyeric

deadlyeric

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 4:42 pm

congrats to the new lads and lass's for their new ranks Smile use em with pride Smile
Back to top Go down
JeKoCZ

JeKoCZ

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:54 pm

DVAted wrote:
Good News! x2 Joy Dance

New Veterans!
@"Kellen Wolf"
@TixIssence56
@Wykdgrl

New Colonials!
@qanakin
@BillyJohn
@Monstermen
@fallouter

Congratulations and stay active! cheers
and remember to respect the modder's wishes Thumbs Up

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On the flip-side, the following Colonials lost their rank:
DeColonized:

I'd like to stress the fact that some of them haven't posted since August 2014 and yet visited the site TODAY. Also, others have a year in between latest post and last visit. I find that disheartening. We appreciate their contributions from last year or early this year, but they have to post at least once in a while, if they are going to visit this often.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Either way, I'm happy to share my time with every GUNner here!
Have a great day, my friends and colleagues!
Private life > virtual life.

I used to be a modder, I don't even have FNV installed anymore now. Why? Cause I have been diagnosed with a cancer this time of the year last year (And at the time I was already "sick" since 3 or 4 months without knowing it). So am I to blame or be publically "ashamed" because I decided to focus on my real life instead of a virtual one I used to have? That's not fair. Not without actually asking people why they left or why they went inactive. I won't bother telling anymore of the sad story of my life, I actually don't have to apologize to anyone; I was given 6 months to live in july/august 2014 and I'm still here (=alive) 1 year later, but that's not the point. I've logged back for the first time in one year only or two months ago because I received a mail notification of a private message someone sent me two or three months before that and logged in twice or three times since then.

Just a tip for the future as I always enjoyed my time here and still consider this one of the best, if not the best overall, Fallout-centered communities. Before removing people from the approved list, it wouldn't hurt to send them a private message to see if they're still active, why they eventually left or, as in my particular sad case, if they're dead or dying. Have a good day, hope VGU (Or simply GU as I understand it's called nowadays) stays strong. If I'll ever recover and beat cancer, maybe I'll come back full time. Wouldn't mind starting modding again on FO4. For now, I just don't feel like I was treated fairly for what I didn't do nor I had control over. So consider this one of my last, if not the last, messages.

Oh, and to clarify, I'm not asking for a reinstatement nor I want to be reinstated in the approved list. Just giving my two cents.

Goodbye.

https://www.youtube.com/0xXGrOuNdZeRoXx0
DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 1:27 pm

JeKoCZ - my short answer is that we have no way to know if the cancer story is real or not, and regardless of it, if you had time to log in several times and browse the site, you could've made time to post.

Now let's get into it:
if it's real, then we wish you the absolute best treatment and the quickest recovery
and we'll be here or in private contact forms for support and conversation if you need it.
I know a thing or two about that horrible death sentence,
and I'm sure many others of us have had relatives in similar situations.

Also, you weren't removed for going away, you were demoted for not posting a single thing despite continued, repeated visits, over a 1 year period, at least two of which in the past week alone. If you can visit, you can post. If you log in repeatedly but fail to make even one post every few months, we don't consider that it's "unfair" to demote you from a rank you've gained for outstanding activity and contributions.

To be clear: people who don't log in since around the time they stopped posting don't get demoted. So with that in mind, a PM wouldn't have solved anything: if people are dead or simply have major real life situations taking over their free time, they wouldn't log in regularly or at all (let alone check their PMs and reply) AND If they do, then they can also make at least one post. It's not an unreasonable requirement.

Had we PMd you, and you would've said you had cancer, it would've been all the same. Not that we don't empathize, it's a horrendous condition... but unless you can actually provide medical records, your say-so bears no relevance. We'll retain the right to be skeptic about what people say over the internet. We've had people claiming to be girls (with flirty behavior and all that, for preferential treatment), claiming to be disabled (though they weren't, for sympathy and leeway), claiming to be cops (though they were like 15 yo, but it was their way to invoke a false sense of authority or respect over others), claiming to have brothers (when it was one person operating double-accounts and "coincidentally" +repping each-other).
If we gave you a pass (on this absolutely terrible disease, we don't deny or try to minimize that), we would've had to give the same pass to everyone claiming that they have it. And trust me, people actually will do that despicable, low-sinking crap:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/11557417/Wellness-blogger-Belle-Gibson-admits-she-lied-about-having-cancer.html

So, we're sorry you're not well, that you're actually in a very dire situation, and we wish we could help you with it, but you still would've been demoted.

Lastly, the demotions and announcements thereof are not phrased nor meant to shame the people. We didn't say "these guys should be ashamed of themselves" or address any insults towards you and the others. The only remark was "I find that disheartening." - which I do. I find it disheartening that some of our best members stopped posting, and that despite the fact that they revisit, they don't find anything interesting to participate in (for over a year! that's like 6 screenshot contests, 5 caption contests, 3 site redesigns and countless new mod releases, events <birthdays, anniversaries, holidays> and conversational topics of all kinds). And yes, I also find it disheartening that at the very least a few of them forget to give back while they keep taking. None of this is meant to shame you or anybody else. I couldn't be clearer.

We hope you understand and that you'll get better soon!

Back to top Go down
JeKoCZ

JeKoCZ

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:13 pm

I don't have to answer to anyone about what I do and what I don't do in my life, both real and virtual one. I personally never felt the need to post in the past year, didn't have any reason to do so. And my other reasons still stand and as I've said in my previous message, I don't have to apology for my abscense or the fact that I logged in 10 times in 1 year, stayed online 4-5 minutes and went back to the shadows. Of course you're free to believe what you prefer, or to not believe at all. Don't take me wrong with the following sentence, but I don't care. I made my statement. I said what I felt to say. Not what I needed to say. Because that's your problem. And probably the only thing wrong with this system (But hey! Nobody's perfect!). With your reply, you just implied that people have to post whenever they visit this site just because they have to. Not because they want to or feel to.

You're free to do what you want and run your site as you see fit, not my place to judge of course. But my pro-tip still stands. Your own site automatically sends an email whenever there's a new private message or someone replied in a topic you've been "following", so especially because there isn't any harm in doing so (You could even just copy and paste the same message to everyone) and you've got nothing to lose, a pm is not a bad idea. Maybe someone out there forgot about this site, or lost interest or whatever. Seeing a notification from this site could give them a reason to come back, even just to get rid of said notification.

But don't worry. I won't bother you anymore.
You wanted a post? I gave you not one, but even two posts! Have a good day.

Cpt.Rex

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:40 pm

@JeKoCZ
saying this is a bit unfair against dvated. as he did say if someone have the time to visit the page then he or she has also the time to post at least one or two times in the time that person have logged in. if someone do not log in, in all the time he or she is away then it wont happen anything to that account. the demotion happens only if we see someone is loggin in and post nothing for a certain time. after all we are a comunity and not a download hub for mods. some people seems to forget that. and with all do respect for your illness i dont belive you are just log in for a few seconds and log out again. because you can post now too after you got demoted. if you would realy dont care you would not complain about that now.

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:47 pm

fact of the matter is we didn't ask for justification or apologies.
we've said only that a regained activity will likely regain their status.

the requirement is to stay active. making a post isn't demanded or imposed, it's simply part of what makes a community, a network, interactive and alive. those who do not wish to participate, won't be treated as part of that network. this is not a download hub.

as for PMs, let's visualize this a bit:
once a member is promoted, he gets the mods he wanted and stops posting.
new mods come out (exclusive ones, for the sake of this example) and older mods get updated.
of course he's always on point to grab them, and lurks "in the shadows". 11 months later we notice it, we send him a PM asking him what happened and if he'll return. So before we demote him, he makes up an excuse and he makes a post and the timer resets... and... what? seriously, what then? we wait another 11 months? or we beg him from 3 to 3 months to pay us a slither of attention? No, that's not what this is about. We won't plead members to post or to justify themselves to us. We don't feed on their posts or their apologies and excuses, insofar as to put in regular effort to draw it out of them. It's really not in our interest at all.
We want to encourage people to be active, creative, interactive, to support the modders morally and perhaps skillfully, to help, to learn, to give and to take.

It's a give and take dynamic, basically. Those we demoted stopped giving and kept taking.
We're not talking money here. We've never accepted (can't AND won't) bribes or favors of any kind.
We don't pay anything and we don't get paid for anything. We encourage the foundations of a community, which equates interaction between members.

Let's put it like this:
Your significant activity from July-August 2014 was rewarded with access to our exclusive mods.
However, it's not a lifetime perk, it's strictly dependent on your continued activity.
It's granted for (as it stands now, by our most recent criteria) a maximum of 3 months.
You may renew it with every post you make, but that's in your interest, not ours.
Should the period expire, we'll require a significant revitalization of your involvement.
At that point a single post won't matter, only a reconnection with the community
an honest, expanded one, should matter, and it will go by the voting process again.

So PMs would solve nothing after 3 (or 11 and a half) months pass.
We don't need excuses and we sure as shit won't milk people for posts.
Wanna be part of the community with full access? Then BE part of the community.

We could PM people who have been visiting within the 3 months period,
but as I said before, it requires greater efforts on our part,
to monitor and stay up to date with every move of every one of our Colonials.
I consider it impracticable and unnecessary.

What we do say when we grant promotions is "stay active" and that should suffice.

Have a good day as well, sir.

Back to top Go down
JeKoCZ

JeKoCZ

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:14 pm

You both keep proving my point by entireling missing yours each time you reply.
Rex, you're a good person and a good modder and I hope in the future you'll convert something from SWTOR (As the tools to rip/decrypt/extract/convert from that game to .obj are available).

But right now, you both are saying that just because a person finds the time to log in, he/she also automatically has the time to post something. That may be true, but that's also just wrong. News flash: Just because I personally find the time to log in, I don't have to automatically post something just because I can (Or I have to). I, as an user, have to "feel" the need to post. I, as an user, have to be free to look at a topic and think:
"Is this discussion good? Yes.
Can I contribute to it with a reply? No.
So.. Should I reply anyway? Not if I don't want to. I'd just make a fool out of myself and do it just for the post count".
Did you ever thought that maybe, MAYBE, if people in a 5 minutes visit don't post anything, they have nothing to say? I'm not sure you do. Both of you. Or maybe it's easier to say "You should and could find the time to post once in a while if you find the time to log in and browse the site" instead of something else.
And you wonder why I replied? Why am I even bothering? Really? Because I was directly mentioned. That's why. There hasn't been anything interesting for me in any topic here in the past 3 months, since my first "new" visit, hence why I haven't bothered in 3 months. As simple as that. If I didn't notice my name standing in bold among the others being in standard font, I wouldn't even have discovered that I was demoted. But that's not the point, and since you don't seem to get it, I'm just sitting here wasting time.

Andrees92

Andrees92

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:26 pm

I feel I shouldn't be getting in the middle of this, but I wanted to point out something that Jeko said, and I find true, and that should be put to use.

Quote :
"Is this discussion good? Yes.
Can I contribute to it with a reply? No.
So.. Should I reply anyway? Not if I don't want to. I'd just make a fool out of myself and do it just for the post count".

Every user should go through this 'algorithm' before posting, because if not, what we find is a influx of posts and messages with the only reason of posting being increasing the post count, to, get mod access.

BEWARE! With what I said I don't mean I don't support demotions, on the contrary, I think they are necessary, because, this people who dedicate to spam posts with no meaning and often without thinking it, once they gain mod access, dissappear. And its ok to remove someone who doesn't want to contribute to the community and was only active to gain mod access.

A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he quits, or if he dies.

Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Untitl10

The same boiling water that softens potatoes, hardens eggs. It's all about what you're made of, not your circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Brigand231

Brigand231

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but there's a lot of response and protest from someone who stated they did not care and had posted their final thoughts on the matter.

"Don't take me wrong with the following sentence, but I don't care."
"But don't worry. I won't bother you anymore."

You're making yourself look rather foolish.

AdvancedTerror

AdvancedTerror

Character sheet
Name: Ben (Blaze) Maddox
Faction: Raider
Level: 62

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:49 pm

The promotion / demotion system GUN uses works very well.

You are rewarded with a promotion for continued, relevant and good involvement in the community which only serves to enrich this forum and its users. If you cease to make a contribution, you lose the benefits and are demoted. It's very simple and keeps things fair across the board.

It's not like there is a shortage of topics you could share your thoughts on. Even if you feel it's forced, add your opinion it could spur further talk into other more interesting areas you may enjoy more. Don't just come here take mods and add nothing.

Like DVAted has said, if real life takes over and you cannot find the time to log in / be active your account won't be touched. But if you make numerous visits over an 11 month period and cannot find the time or be bothered to; reply to / make a post, then maybe this isn't the right community for you?

This forum only works when people engage.

Last edited by AdvancedTerror on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing typos.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]   Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked] - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Promotions - How to get Mod Access [Locked]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 51Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31 ... 51  Next