Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
space machine daryl riot Superpele Mask Ryse boom wolfenstein vault NPCs khan upgrades money Call Reforged Gear commonwealth hunk boomers FCOM marvel mandalorian dead body ghoul
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
How do you keep the game interesting?  Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How do you keep the game interesting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sinister

Sinister

How do you keep the game interesting?  Empty
PostSubject: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 11:43 am

I'm always trying to find new ways to keep both Fallout 3 and New Vegas interesting for me after doing countless playthroughs of both the main game and most of the big quest mods out there.

Lately I've been trying various challenge playthroughs, so every new start I have to play a different style than I would normally.

I wanted to see what kind of things everyone does to keep the game fun and interesting.

(I used the search function and didn't find a similar thread, sorry if there's already one like this)

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 11:58 am

There might be a thread like this.
I also pick a different style but in New Vegas' case I go with different style, personality and leading faction.
I finished a merciless android assassin playthrough working for House, now I will play a Jedi Knight that is a part of the BoS or NCR.
I would also recommend deactivating some mods and replacing them with something new, that you've always wanted to try.
Maybe a different housing mod, a big quest mod etc.
Back to top Go down
dtobviousmcduh

dtobviousmcduh

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Yeah, there is a few topics like this, maybe one of the Mods merge the topics together...

What i am always doing is installing new lands, specially with one of those who adds quests or enemies, my favorite so far is Beyond Boulder Dome, right now i'm playing with Empire Wasteland, which takes you to New York! I barely started but, it looks awesome already. I also have Thorn City, havent palyed yet, but it surely looks promising. And soon enough The Frontier will be released, and THAT is a mod i want to play, specialy because the mod is urban, cold and BIGGER THAN THE MOJAVE!!! Besides FO4 and GTA V for pc, The Frontier is my most wanted game for this year

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
Sinister

Sinister

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Yeah I'm looking forward to The Frontier too, looks like it will give a ton of content to play with, can't believe it's going to be bigger than the Mojave. I haven't seen that Torn City mod before, gonna try it today hopefully, looks really good.

TheLoneSurvivor

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 1:05 pm

I keep Fallout interesting mainly by role play, hunting making decisions based of my character

jack3345

jack3345

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 1:10 pm

Tale of two wastes. It keeps the game lively and with project nevada it increases the challenge

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
dtobviousmcduh

dtobviousmcduh

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 1:17 pm

TTW it sounds awesome! But saddly i dont have the FO3 DLCs, i bought only FO3, maybe some day i buy the DLCs on steam. I am a completionist so i wanted to do 100% of all FO games. If you are not feeling like playing NV, you should do something else, playing against your will only ruins the game. But if you are reaaaly wanting to play the game, new quests and new lands is the way to go, playing for a long time in a different land, somewhere new and coming back someday to the mojave is very refreshing

EDIT: 300 posts**** yay to me

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
snowglobecollector

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 1:47 pm

I would recommend this mod here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48242/?
Its little bit lets you think twice before reload.I mean no one would reload his gun if he had 24/30 rounds left in his mag.

Also you should get the DUST mod,make new vegas feel like a whole new game.

If you have companions with you and your in-game hunger/thirst increases give your companions something to eat drink as well.In real life you wold share with you friends as well so its self-evident for me to share with them.
Back to top Go down
Sinister

Sinister

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 1:56 pm

snowglobecolector wrote:
I would recommend this mod here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48242/?
Its little bit lets you think twice before reload.I mean no one would reload his gun if he had 24/30 rounds left in his mag.

Also you should get the DUST mod,make new vegas feel like a whole new game.

If you have companions with you and your in-game hunger/thirst increases give your companions something to eat drink as well.In real life you wold share with you friends as well so its self-evident for me to share with them.

Just took a look at DUST, definitely going to try that soon. I've never seen a mod like it before, seems extremely interesting. Can't believe I hadn't seen it before haha. Thanks Beer

teegfonv

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 2:43 pm

A world of pain, Project Brazil, Beyond boulder dome, Factions reloaded, and weapons of the new millennia have made my personal Fallout New Vegas game feel like a brand new thing all together. I recommend all of them! DUST also looks amazing, and there is another survival mod called "alone", which removes all human NPCs from the game, almost like a I am legend feel. I'm personally gonna check out Necropolis and Torn city as well, they add new areas into the game, but I haven't tried them so I'm not sure how expansive they are.
Back to top Go down
milkingmuffins2

milkingmuffins2

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 3:25 pm

My favourite way of playing is taking the realistic approach for example.

-Combat rebalance
-Realsitic weight
-Realsitic hardcore mode
-improved crafting,cooking,etc

and only carry 2 weapons at a time and try to get as far as you can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 3:26 pm

I keep Fallout 3 interesting by modding anything and everything I want into it.
Back to top Go down
Eetterinakki

Eetterinakki

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 4:11 pm

Another Kick in the Head. Not sure how many people know about this one.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54359/?

It's a great mod that adds actual dreams into the game. Yep - DREAMS.
Now, the default option is that instead of dying you'll see a dream and wake up somewhere with some of your gear stolen, but I usually disable it and instead use it so that when you sleep in a bed you get dreams. It really adds to the experience, especially in Hardcore mode when you HAVE to sleep, so it doesn't just seem like a pointless thing to lower your SLP points, but there's some content to it.

The dreams themselves are actually interesting and the events really feel like real dreams. There's even some choices in the dreams, and depending on the choices you make in the dream which would reflect on your character's mind and even past (you know, things like guilt and such) you sometimes get a small perk for.

Example if you're not convinced yet (spoils a dream, obviously):
Spoiler:

eludicous

eludicous

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 7:18 pm

I try different quest mods, handicaps , different body armor replacers, different companions and TTW.  That is the one thing that makes Fallout 3 enjoyable since TTW doesn't crash for me at all.  I do miss FWE though when running through the capital wasteland.
Back to top Go down
fsufan23

fsufan23

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 pm

I always download whatever mods I can so I always have Different companions, different weapons, more quests, and more character creation options

shoothemup

shoothemup

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:07 pm

I didn't know that you can get bored of fallout :3
Back to top Go down
JayKode

JayKode

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Well when i get bored of the game i either Raise the difficulty or look around for Unique weapons that I haven't found. If that doesn't help I blow stuff up. Tank

shoothemup

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:27 pm

to be honest I'm playing 90% of the time with god mode on :3
Back to top Go down
shoothemup

shoothemup

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:29 pm

don't call me a coward ! TongueTril
Back to top Go down
kdavis1937

kdavis1937

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Modding the living poop outta the game!

Banana Dance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you keep the game interesting?    How do you keep the game interesting?  Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you keep the game interesting?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next