Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele machine mandalorian Reforged FCOM wolfenstein boomers khan marvel Gear space dead upgrades commonwealth daryl NPCs vault ghoul boom Mask Call money Ryse hunk body riot
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 7:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby john96 Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:53 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:29 pm

» Greetings!
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Empty
PostSubject: My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout   My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 9:43 am

I'll say up front I don't expect anyone else to have this same perception, but, it's been in my head for years and is hard to shake now.

Here it is.
There was no all-out nuclear war. Yeah. The lore in f1 and f2 was wrong, or deeply exaggerated. Sure, there were nuclear explosions and there was a terrible war with China. The glowing sea and a few other such spots exist, yes. But a full-on nuclear war? For me, almost certainly not. I believe it was meant, lore-wise, to have been a nuclear war in the old days. But it's effectively ret-conned now.

From Fallout 1:
"In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders."

From New Vegas:
"They returned with tales of a city untouched by the warheads that had scorched the rest of the world."

New Vegas is supposed to be UNIQUELY spared the apocalypse, that reduced the world to cinders. Boston is in bad shape, technically, but it actually probably looks better than Boston's ruins would actually look if they were abandoned for 200 years. The city itself absolutely does not look nuked, not at all. Ruined for 200 years, sure, but not nuked. Concord looks surprisingly close to pristine.
Don't get me started on the greenery in f76, twenty-five years after the world was supposedly reduced to cinders. If anything at all that should be 100% proof that the world wasn't reduced to cinders. 25 years isn't enough time to recover from the sheer brutality of the annihilation described in the earlier games.

Next, immigration. We see foreign accents like Irish, Russian, and many others, not just on the east coast, but all the way across the country. There is a New Zealander in the Mojave! Just stop for a moment and think about the difficulty it would be, not just for these people to still be alive, but to be able to travel that distance -- and even WANT to travel that far away into the unknown. So maybe Russia and New Zealand are in such bad shape that people would be willing to flee all that way. But, if they're that bad off, how did they do it? How did New Zealand even know about the Khans, know that there was a home waiting for them so many thousands of miles away? Build a ship out of cinders? It's more like that the devs just went "Lol I like accents" and didn't think any further.

The only conclusion is that continents did not sink into the ocean. The entire world was not reduced to cinders. Major cities like Boston were inexplicably not targeted by nukes, and I guarantee you Boston would have been a target. But they just weren't -- We can see it with our eyes so clearly. It wasn't hit.

Back to top Go down
YansterG

YansterG

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout   My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 4:38 pm

I have this opinion as well with each game slowly adding more lore from the outside world. We were made to believe the outside world was destroyed by nuclear fire but as the series goes on it shows that there are other people out there that survived it's just the games are only touching the surface. Bethesda with the next game could do multiple locations set in other countries. We had VR, Space, etc so I believe some outside world things would be for the best and with future hardware that makes it more of an likely outcome.
Not only that but going more into the outside world we have to talk about the oceans which was one of the areas the was heavily underused in Fallout 4 but overall location wise. We know next to nothing about it and Fallout 4 had the chance to at least have a semi interesting sea besides the submarine.
Back to top Go down
Thevaultdweller112

Thevaultdweller112

Character sheet
Name: Gunner
Faction: Crusaders
Level: 45

PostSubject: Re: My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout   My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 8:38 pm

I think Rage was a better Bethesda take on a 'wasteland' with genuine struggling against the apocalypse than Fallout 3+ but you never know.. they might base the next game in México or Alaska where there was heavy nuclear bombardment or warfare. + with much more powerful consoles and computers and a better game engine hopefully we will see a proper world destroyed survival rpg again like the originals.. and no goddamn building hopefullyy!!!!

GenJohnWilliam

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout   My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 3:32 pm

i have a fallout head cannon too but i no share
Back to top Go down
bizzclaw

bizzclaw

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout   My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 5:43 pm

Bethesda just can't keep their writing straight. They've straight-up admitted that they don't care when questioned about Jet in Pre-War vaults.

At this point with how inconsistent every game is with the other, you're free to imagine whatever you want as canon, Fallout's identity is pretty all over the place and is more of a theme than a canon at this point, especially with the ridiculousness that is Fallout 76.
Back to top Go down
YansterG

YansterG

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout   My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:36 pm

bizzclaw wrote:
Bethesda just can't keep their writing straight. They've straight-up admitted that they don't care when questioned about Jet in Pre-War vaults.

At this point with how inconsistent every game is with the other, you're free to imagine whatever you want as canon, Fallout's identity is pretty all over the place and is more of a theme than a canon at this point, especially with the ridiculousness that is Fallout 76.
That is the way I see it. Especially because we don't know when they will make a new one . Even then you are right their writing keeps getting worse for the series as times goes on.

Last edited by YansterG on Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sirdanest

Sirdanest

Character sheet
Faction: Dependent
Level: Basement

PostSubject: Re: My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout   My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 9:04 am

Fallout lore is absolutely dead in the water if they do fallout 5 with the assumption that 76 is canon.
This coming from me, who was fairly chill (compared to the rest of the internet rage) about fallout 4.
There was no nuclear war as described in 1 and 2. Just... not. The world seen in '76, twenty years after the "bombs" is just too... living, too green for a world that was reduced to radioactive ash, with whole continents sinking.
Back to top Go down
vielas1

vielas1

Character sheet
Name: Vielas
Faction: Mechanist
Level: 250

PostSubject: Re: My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout   My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 5:03 pm

I would love to see something set way further in the future, where there is nothing left, or even a second nuclear war, with the NCR, so you get double wasteland.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout   My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout Empty

Back to top Go down

My ridiculously non-canon head canon for Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1