Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
______________
MOD MASTER THREADS:
FALLOUT
THE ELDER SCROLLS

______________


______________


GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
September 2021
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   
CalendarCalendar

Share
 

 Possible locations for next Fallout game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scubajones

Scubajones

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-10-19

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 4:24 am

So I have been thinking a lot lately about where a cool setting for a Fallout game would be and I think Texas would be awesome. Hear me out, it has the same aesthetic as New Vegas but more potential for fallout 3-esque downtown areas. You could put it smack down between Austin, Houston and San Antonio and have 3 large metropolitan areas. Plus the new kind of lore that could be created is limitless. Instead of factions we have seen over and over again we could see something akin to Texas Rangers as sort of a militia like the Desert Rangers were. Also Texas has really diverse cultural roots so you can have Texan culture and Mexican Culture shown in the game and reflected in the various factions. How cool would it be to have raider gangs that look like cattle rustlers or banditos?? And think of the DLC possibilities like going to Mexico. Idk we have had the east and west coast properly shown in the fallout universe I think its time we see a new area of the USA.

But what would you like to see as a future location for Fallout?
Gunslinger
Back to top Go down
Yokidahai

Yokidahai

Posts : 8
Join date : 2021-06-19
Age : 22
Location : CA, United States

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 11:06 pm

I'd like to see it take place somewhere in the South, such as the Bayou. So somewhere like Louisiana, or even a fully fledged game based in Florida. There's so much potential to explore in the swamp creatures, not to mention areas like New Orleans. Or they could also go for something cold, like Montana, or up north in general, like North Dakota. It'd be nice to see some snow, pines, etc.

Weirdly enough, I'd also like to see places like Idaho, while yes, it'd be flat as hell everywhere, it's an interesting concept for a Fallout game.

_________________
Prepare to Be Highly Irradiated
-----------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Scubajones

Scubajones

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-10-19

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 4:32 am

@Yokidahai wrote:
I'd like to see it take place somewhere in the South, such as the Bayou. So somewhere like Louisiana, or even a fully fledged game based in Florida. There's so much potential to explore in the swamp creatures, not to mention areas like New Orleans. Or they could also go for something cold, like Montana, or up north in general, like North Dakota. It'd be nice to see some snow, pines, etc.

Weirdly enough, I'd also like to see places like Idaho, while yes, it'd be flat as hell everywhere, it's an interesting concept for a Fallout game.

Actually Louisiana was my second choice! It would be a really awesome setting, like an expanded point lookout. Plus it would be believable that there would be steam boats or something like the boat on point lookout used all throughout the canals of Louisiana. And New Orleans would be freakin sick to see in a fallout setting. Voodoo with a side of irradiated crawfish gumbo sign me up

Lol Idaho would be pretty interesting too. I feel the Legion remnants would make an appearance since they conquered Utah. Honestly, I would be down for a spinoff game like Tactics again where you go to various places in the wasteland. I just wanna know how the rest of the world is doing already
Back to top Go down
Yokidahai

Yokidahai

Posts : 8
Join date : 2021-06-19
Age : 22
Location : CA, United States

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 2:26 am

@Scubajones wrote:
@Yokidahai wrote:
I'd like to see it take place somewhere in the South, such as the Bayou. So somewhere like Louisiana, or even a fully fledged game based in Florida. There's so much potential to explore in the swamp creatures, not to mention areas like New Orleans. Or they could also go for something cold, like Montana, or up north in general, like North Dakota. It'd be nice to see some snow, pines, etc.

Weirdly enough, I'd also like to see places like Idaho, while yes, it'd be flat as hell everywhere, it's an interesting concept for a Fallout game.

Actually Louisiana was my second choice! It would be a really awesome setting, like an expanded point lookout. Plus it would be believable that there would be steam boats or something like the boat on point lookout used all throughout the canals of Louisiana. And New Orleans would be freakin sick to see in a fallout setting. Voodoo with a side of irradiated crawfish gumbo sign me up

Lol Idaho would be pretty interesting too. I feel the Legion remnants would make an appearance since they conquered Utah. Honestly, I would be down for a spinoff game like Tactics again where you go to various places in the wasteland. I just wanna know how the rest of the world is doing already
Utah would be a great choice, ngl. Although I feel like they could also explore places outside of the mainland US, like the Caribbean.

But I'd say my hands down preference would either be the deep South, or the snowy North! Smile Never really see snow in fallout games.

_________________
Prepare to Be Highly Irradiated
-----------------------------------
Back to top Go down
ilovebees.com

ilovebees.com

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-06-25

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 5:43 am

I personally think that it would be really interesting to have a Fallout set in Louisiana or another southern U.S. state. I think that the creatures and cultures of that area would allow for a lot of creativity and interesting beasts and factions to be created. Gators, snakes, and all kinds of insects and critters can be found in the swamps. They just need to be given a little mutation and you have a whole host of freaky new enemies. I also think that the swamp atmosphere could add a creepy, dangerous atmosphere, especially during the night.

Louisiana also has voodoo religions which could serve as the inspiration for an interesting faction, perhaps somewhat similar to the tribals from the Honest Hearts DLC, or even maybe the Night Folk from Red Dead Redemption 2.
Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 27
Location : US

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 8:24 am

Florida hands down!
It would be awesome to see what happened to Florida in the fallout world... Assuming Bethesda doesn't turn it into a flaming trash heap like 76.

_________________
"Mine"
Possible locations for next Fallout game IyPoluA
Back to top Go down
RosenElytra

RosenElytra

Posts : 2
Join date : 2020-11-18
Age : 25
Location : Canada

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 5:06 pm

I'd love to see the next Fallout take place in the western US again, obviously it's a well they've dipped into before but who knows, could be cool to see how San Francisco has changed and if the Shi are still holding it from the NCR.

The PNW could be cool too, the Puget Sound and Vancouver Island area.
Back to top Go down
BloodySister69

BloodySister69

Posts : 336
Join date : 2020-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Germany

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 7:01 pm

@gibons45 wrote:
Florida hands down!
It would be awesome to see what happened to Florida in the fallout world... Assuming Bethesda doesn't turn it into a flaming trash heap like 76.
It's called ash heap not trash heap and it makes a lot of sense lorewise since it was used for mining and literally set on fire to harvest and filter minerals out of the toxic smoke.
The mire area can also give you a good idea what Florida's swamps could look like.
You can keep piling on your baseless pathetic insults to this game and embarrass yourself, fine by me.

The next Fallout wherever it may take place should just have a well designed world with different areas that challenge the player in different ways, add to the worlds lore and change up enemies and visuals enough to not get boring too quickly. Maybe have some iconic locations that have changed substantially throughout the post-apocalypse. I could totally see Texas or Florida there.

_________________
Possible locations for next Fallout game Neocut10
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Posts : 412
Join date : 2017-01-11
Age : 30
Location : USA

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 4:33 pm

Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.

_________________
the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
ilovebees.com

ilovebees.com

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-06-25

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 8:37 pm

@shocktrooper666 wrote:
Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.

I agree, it would be amazing to see what the "original vision" for Fallout 3 would play like, especially with modern visuals and gameplay. Would also be cool to see a pre-Legion Joshua Graham since he was originally intended to be a companion in Van Buren, if my memory serves me correctly.
Back to top Go down
Scubajones

Scubajones

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-10-19

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 11:14 pm

@shocktrooper666 wrote:
Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.
Yeah that probably won't ever happen unfortunately. BUT hopefully future fallout games will use some cool aspects from Van Buren. I really want to see a good implementation of the New Plague from Van Buren because it pretty much works like the Genophage from Mass Effect. I bet some pretty cool story elements would come from that

_________________
Gotta Like These Odds
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Posts : 412
Join date : 2017-01-11
Age : 30
Location : USA

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 1:08 am

@ilovebees.com wrote:
@shocktrooper666 wrote:
Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.

I agree, it would be amazing to see what the "original vision" for Fallout 3 would play like, especially with modern visuals and gameplay. Would also be cool to see a pre-Legion Joshua Graham since he was originally intended to be a companion in Van Buren, if my memory serves me correctly.
We'd meet a post legion newly burned Graham who's very pissed off and is the same as the pariah dog in stats and effects aka he'd be a risk vs reward companion BUT as the good lord knows we cant expect god to do all the work "Pulls back 45.Auto"
@Scubajones wrote:
@shocktrooper666 wrote:
Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.
Yeah that probably won't ever happen unfortunately. BUT hopefully future fallout games will use some cool aspects from Van Buren. I really want to see a good implementation of the New Plague from Van Buren because it pretty much works like the Genophage from Mass Effect. I bet some pretty cool story elements would come from that
Yeah i know it's a pipedream at best but i agree there is a lot that can be done with the new plague but i doubt we'd see it in much then a nod sense Bethesda really are not the best at story crafting. Although i know it's doubtful to happen

_________________
the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
ilovebees.com

ilovebees.com

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-06-25

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 2:17 am

@shocktrooper666 wrote:
@ilovebees.com wrote:
@shocktrooper666 wrote:
Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.

I agree, it would be amazing to see what the "original vision" for Fallout 3 would play like, especially with modern visuals and gameplay. Would also be cool to see a pre-Legion Joshua Graham since he was originally intended to be a companion in Van Buren, if my memory serves me correctly.
We'd meet a post legion newly burned Graham who's very pissed off and is the same as the pariah dog in stats and effects aka he'd be a risk vs reward companion BUT as the good lord knows we cant expect god to do all the work "Pulls back 45.Auto"
@Scubajones wrote:
@shocktrooper666 wrote:
Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.
Yeah that probably won't ever happen unfortunately. BUT hopefully future fallout games will use some cool aspects from Van Buren. I really want to see a good implementation of the New Plague from Van Buren because it pretty much works like the Genophage from Mass Effect. I bet some pretty cool story elements would come from that
Yeah i know it's a pipedream at best but i agree there is a lot that can be done with the new plague but i doubt we'd see it in much then a nod sense Bethesda really are not the best at story crafting. Although i know it's doubtful to happen

The original intention for Van Buren was for you to find him hanging by the neck, but still alive. If you cut him down, he would tag along with you. He was statistically the best companion in the game, but incredibly evil, so he would have put you into a lot of difficult situations that would require a very high speech skill to negotiate out of. There's a whole section on his Van Buren character on his Wiki page. It's worth a look. I'd post a link but I'm a new member so I can't yet. He essentially was a walking "risk vs. reward" companion for you.
Back to top Go down
shocktrooper666

shocktrooper666

Posts : 412
Join date : 2017-01-11
Age : 30
Location : USA

Character sheet
Name: Geth
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 105

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:12 am

@ilovebees.com wrote:
@shocktrooper666 wrote:
@ilovebees.com wrote:
@shocktrooper666 wrote:
Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.

I agree, it would be amazing to see what the "original vision" for Fallout 3 would play like, especially with modern visuals and gameplay. Would also be cool to see a pre-Legion Joshua Graham since he was originally intended to be a companion in Van Buren, if my memory serves me correctly.
We'd meet a post legion newly burned Graham who's very pissed off and is the same as the pariah dog in stats and effects aka he'd be a risk vs reward companion BUT as the good lord knows we cant expect god to do all the work "Pulls back 45.Auto"
@Scubajones wrote:
@shocktrooper666 wrote:
Id just love to see a modern Fallout Van Buren BUT i think that's a pipe dream at best.
Yeah that probably won't ever happen unfortunately. BUT hopefully future fallout games will use some cool aspects from Van Buren. I really want to see a good implementation of the New Plague from Van Buren because it pretty much works like the Genophage from Mass Effect. I bet some pretty cool story elements would come from that
Yeah i know it's a pipedream at best but i agree there is a lot that can be done with the new plague but i doubt we'd see it in much then a nod sense Bethesda really are not the best at story crafting. Although i know it's doubtful to happen

The original intention for Van Buren was for you to find him hanging by the neck, but still alive. If you cut him down, he would tag along with you. He was statistically the best companion in the game, but incredibly evil, so he would have put you into a lot of difficult situations that would require a very high speech skill to negotiate out of. There's a whole section on his Van Buren character on his Wiki page. It's worth a look. I'd post a link but I'm a new member so I can't yet. He essentially was a walking "risk vs. reward" companion for you.
I know in fact it sounds just like the Retcon raider playlist i listened to about Van Buren back in the day

_________________
the messages ov the old world still persist and find meaning in the present most cant/wont hear the weight in their feet either for good or worse in the messages they speak to one another in truth we are all couriers carrying unknown messages.
Back to top Go down
ar380

ar380

Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-07-16

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:41 pm

I would like one set in Africa it would be cool to see mutated lions and such.
Back to top Go down
Ekronsus

Ekronsus

Posts : 3
Join date : 2021-08-04

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 12:11 am

There are a handful of locations I think it would be fun to explore. The thing I really like about 76's concept is that it takes place in Appalachia (where I'm from), and it's really an overlooked area in a lot of media imo. My only issue is that I would really prefer an actual offline option to go around and explore.

Other than that, I think it would be really interesting to see somewhere like the pacific northwest/Canada. There are a lot of interesting things they could do, especially with the animals (Radmoose!). Or they could do an even more in-depth exploration of Alaska 200+ years after the war or even during (more so than just a military simulation in a DLC).

Fallout: London looks really promising, especially because it takes place outside of the US in an area we haven't really seen much on. I think the most interesting thing they could do would be to have one set in China, though I'm not sure how that story would work.
Back to top Go down
Player147proman

Player147proman

Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-03-03
Age : 24
Location : U.S.A

Character sheet
Name: A Literal God
Faction: Meme Page Admins
Level: 9000

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 12:53 am

I think it would be interesting to have a fallout set around the Chicago area of Illinois. Would be interesting to revisit the concept of exploring the mid western part of America again.

_________________
Possible locations for next Fallout game New_si10
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Posts : 977
Join date : 2016-04-24
Age : 24
Location : South East Asia

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 3:51 pm

Idk man but Texas sure does sound like a good place too. Radbulls, lots and lots of guns and flat lands, there's the city of Houston that could be a good playground for raiders. Lastly there's the Bragg Road that could feature the ghost light which could be a tie-in for more mystery stuff in the fallout universe. There could even be a vault filled with just cows hooked up to a VR headset to study if cow logic could be a viable source of survival technique in the post-nuclear wasteland.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
Sponsored content




Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible locations for next Fallout game   Possible locations for next Fallout game Empty

Back to top Go down
 

Possible locations for next Fallout game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» Luck O' the Bearish Instant Win Game
» The wish game
» Outcry. The shimmering game
» What Would You Like In A New Tex Murphy Game?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-