Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel NPCs wolfenstein Ryse riot FCOM body dead Mask upgrades khan money Call space machine commonwealth Superpele hunk Gear boomers vault ghoul Reforged boom mandalorian daryl
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Empty
PostSubject: Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else?   Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? EmptyFri May 14, 2021 5:03 pm

I remember playing Fallout NV for the first time (my first Fallout game) picking up a plasma pistol and being really turned off by the way it looked, something that kept happening every time I found one of the high tech weapons. I remember wishing it was more like other games and downloading a bunch of tacticool weapons. Some of you might know this already as you might have seen me complain at how wacky and unrealistic some of the weapons can get.

Then on my last playthrough, I realized I was now looking at them in a different way. Sure, there are still things that don't necessarily sit well with me - the fact that the ammo is exposed or the amount of fragile parts, just to name a couple of examples - but I actually found myself enjoying the uniqueness of these pieces. It gives the franchise some personality, sets it apart from "generic military simulator number 187". Now, sure, there are many good looking weapon mods, but those can be found in just about any other game. Depending on where you live, you might have even been able to shoot them in real life. But where else can you get a pulse pistol, a recharger rifle or a plasma caster?

Incidentally, I realized that Bethesda, for all the criticism they get, is actually much more faithful to the 50's retro futuristic aesthetic than even the original creators were.

Anyway, I just find myself enjoying this more and more. Anyone else feel like that?
Back to top Go down
Tribal Raven

Tribal Raven

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: No Gods, No Masters

PostSubject: Re: Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else?   Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? EmptyFri May 14, 2021 8:37 pm

I love the Fallout aesthetic as well. For a long time I was the same way, wanting something more tacticool in the game. As I've played more over the years, I prefer the look and them of vanilla FNV.

This is specifically something dragbody has been addressing in his newer overhauls. Bringing the models up to current gen level while also keeping them fit with the vanilla themes.

frankhorigan2

frankhorigan2

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else?   Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? EmptySat May 15, 2021 12:47 am

the reason bethesda is more faithful than interplay/black isle to the 50s aesthetic , is because they're the ones that made it more of a ' strict ' 50s design , older fallout games had that retro futuristic look but to my knowledge , they never had a cutoff date until the fallout bible became a thing and said it was shortly after ww2 (and bethesda based a lot of things on it despite it being declared as semi canon ) . Also i don't think ' fallout tropes/aethetics ' were seen the same way in fo1 and fo2 , for example key items or factions were changed between the game like bottlecaps , brotherhood of steel , there was no vault start ... etc , so i think that bethesda might have felt the need to include everything that looked like fallout when making fallout 3 .
But aside from that , yeah i think one thing bethesda has always done well with their fallout games is the design for everything from weapons , armors , buildings and general world design , i just think they should take risks and try to make more of their touch in some areas instead of retreading old ground
Back to top Go down
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House

PostSubject: Re: Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else?   Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? EmptySat May 15, 2021 5:29 pm

@frankhorigan2 I don't know if it was stablished as cannon but the classics definitely have a retro feeling about them. It's a lot more subtle no doubt, probably because they were far more focused on the new societies that were coming out from the ashes. Bethesda is definitely more interested in the Old World than they were, but I would say that's a good thing, because it helps setting the franchise apart.

What I was referring to though, was specifically to weapons. Because it's common, specially among the fans of the classics, to criticize Bethesda for their designs, but it dawned on me that those are more accurate to the franchise's theme. An AER laser rifle is closer to how people in the fifties would have imagined a laser rifle than the Wattz version, which is largely just the sniper rifle but with a few wires.

And the thing is, Bethesda's staff is actually hugely creative. I mean, think about the amount of different freaks they have added to the series. It's just a shame they can't seem to let the new guys shine and let go of the same formula of Supermutants and the BoS. Obviously there's plenty to criticize them for, but I don't think they're doing nearly as bad of a job as some people think. In terms of aesthetics, I think they've done pretty well.
Back to top Go down
frankhorigan2

frankhorigan2

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else?   Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? EmptySat May 15, 2021 7:18 pm

gavin gold wrote:
@frankhorigan2 I don't know if it was stablished as cannon but the classics definitely have a retro feeling about them. It's a lot more subtle no doubt, probably because they were far more focused on the new societies that were coming out from the ashes. Bethesda is definitely more interested in the Old World than they were, but I would say that's a good thing, because it helps setting the franchise apart.

What I was referring to though, was specifically to weapons. Because it's common, specially among the fans of the classics, to criticize Bethesda for their designs, but it dawned on me that those are more accurate to the franchise's theme. An AER laser rifle is closer to how people in the fifties would have imagined a laser rifle than the Wattz version, which is largely just the sniper rifle but with a few wires.

And the thing is, Bethesda's staff is actually hugely creative. I mean, think about the amount of different freaks they have added to the series. It's just a shame they can't seem to let the new guys shine and let go of the same formula of Supermutants and the BoS. Obviously there's plenty to criticize them for, but I don't think they're doing nearly as bad of a job as some people think. In terms of aesthetics, I think they've done pretty well.
Yeah i wholeheartedly agree , bethesda's design is always great , i noticed it first with skyrim which had really great looking armors and weapons (even if the proportions are a bit off sometimes ) and what's most impressive is that many of these armors looked great and fantastical without looking stupid and generic like most other fantasy rpgs , and i honestly loved the weapon designs in fallout 4 as well as they are unique , they look great and fit the world pretty well . and like you said they do get a lot of critism for their design (or it gets glossed over completely ) because of some of their other flaws , when they're some of the most creative devs out there despite being a relatively small team for an AAA studio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else?   Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout aesthetics have grown on me. Anyone else?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1