Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
July 2021
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ExplosiveNinja41

ExplosiveNinja41

Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files? Empty
PostSubject: Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files?   Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files? EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 8:36 am

Hello, all!

I was hoping someone was experienced with importing source filmmaker mods into Blender. I was planning on making the Shockhammer autoshotgun from Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, a usable weapon for the Commonwealth wastelander. I am stuck, however, as all the tutorials I have been looking at utilize Blender with the models labelled as a .obj. However, since my model is used from a Valve source, the files are under .mdl and .vvd.

I assume I would have to decompile these to use in Blender, but I would also imagine it uses another software. You guys know anything that could help?

(Shameless plug: I was looking to see if anyone had the Da'at Yichud Power Suit from the New Colossus, and made a thread about it here: https://www.gunetwork.org/t20617-fo4-wolfenstein-power-suit. If you can, any help on this situation would ALSO be appreciated!)
Back to top Go down
Adventfather

Adventfather

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files?   Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files? EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 7:00 am

You'll need crowbar for decompiling the mdl files into a format you'll be able to use, and the SFM/Source import/export tools for Blender. After that it's pretty much easy to do.
Back to top Go down
ExplosiveNinja41

ExplosiveNinja41

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files?   Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 8:32 pm

@Adventfather wrote:
You'll need crowbar for decompiling the mdl files into a format you'll be able to use, and the SFM/Source import/export tools for Blender. After that it's pretty much easy to do.

I appreciate that! Thank you so much for this help, dude!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files?   Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips for Making Fallout 4 Weapon Mods: .mdl files?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1