Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
September 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats Empty
PostSubject: Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats   Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 4:01 am

I've never play a single Fallout game without cheating (besides Fallout 76, of course. I'm not a dirty online cheater)
The three cheats that I use the most often are money, unlock, and unlimited carrying weight.

The two main reasons is that I've always been a big hoarder due to having a mentality of "Don't use that now, I definitely need that for the future" in video games in general and my curiosity always gets the best of me. Like, I'm baffled how people can see a locked save and not wanting to know what's inside immediately or how could you resists having all those cool stuff that Gun Runners is selling. Every time I start a new walkthrough I always tries to not use cheat but most of the time I only lasted around 4 hours or so, even less when I attempt to play on the highest difficult where the enemy kills you with one or two shots while having to deal with the potato aiming (in my opinion).

To my credit though, I played Fallout 4 on PS4 before without cheats but with the lowest difficulty. It was extremely easy, but me being a hoarder is still a problem, I would rather walk to a settlement to hoard my stuff than dropping my stuff to fast travel (you can bet that Strong Back is one of the first perks that I max out). And I always feel so bad whenever I use a stealth boy (those are so rare and I'm always obsessed with them from the get go, maybe I have some Nightkin gene in me?) or using a weapon that requires ammo that I have less than 200 of.

More often than not I ended up never use any of the stuff that I "saved for the future" in a walkthrough, you would've though that these thing only happen for the first few times but I never changed. Since you can never guaranteed what's going to happen next in the Wasteland, it's better be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name: Mr. White
Faction: Vamonos Pest
Level: ¥

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats   Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 4:45 am

I have done one very hard Fallout 3 playthrough and one Skyrim legendary playthrough. Never again.

Playing on the hardest difficulty without mods in most Bethesda games is an absolute chore. If you're not getting pounded by the bullet spongey enemies and wacky leveled enemies (flashback to Oblivion glass/daedric armored bandits), your playthrough will get corrupted sooner or later by bugs, glitches, etc. It's a waste of time and will make your claw your own eye sockets out.

Now I love a challenge, at least when it's believable. I hate having to shoot at enemies repeatedly and waste my ammo when they can just clip me with two or three bullets. It's not only unrealistic, but it's painful. Finding a few magazines and feeling satisfied with your gear only to get crushed to by a Captain America raider is frustrating to no end.

This is why I love Jsawyer mod for New Vegas. Enemies are a lot less bullet spongey and so is the player. Your stats play a more important role and Intelligence (imo the most overpowered stat) is nerfed.

This is why mods are absolutely essential to enjoy any Bethesda game if you're not playing it for the first time on Normal difficulty. Combat feels more responsive, fluent and tactical, even with a simple realistic damage modifier plugin.

paradoxwing

paradoxwing

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats   Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 6:08 am

i remember my first playthrough of Fallout 3 it was a damn chore, between scarce ammo and bullet spongey enemies but it was satisfying when i got through broken steel
ill fully admit i cheat every time or use mods to make NPCs less spongy

fallout new vegas i played hardcore first time i ever played it once to completion and i hated it,
i hated being picked off with rifles at 100 paces in power armor from a hunting rifle
but i persevered it was only at the end i said to hell with this and dropped 5 death claws from the divide and booked it to Lanius and took his head with an antimaterial rifle hopped up on every drug i collected from the lonesome road i could find
point is there's no shame in cheating if you enjoy the experience you create in fallout or any single-player game i batch file, mod and loot everything to victory every time and i enjoy it i wouldn't judge you for the shit i do regularly

Sage

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats   Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 8:52 pm

@paradoxwing wrote:
i remember my first playthrough of Fallout 3 it was a damn chore, between scarce ammo and bullet spongey enemies but it was satisfying  when i got through broken steel
ill fully admit i cheat every time or use mods to make NPCs less spongy

fallout new vegas i played hardcore first time i ever played it  once to completion  and i hated it,
i hated being picked off with rifles at 100 paces in power armor from a hunting rifle
but i persevered it was only at the end i said to hell with this and dropped 5 death claws from the divide and booked it to Lanius and took his head with an antimaterial rifle hopped up on every drug i collected from the lonesome road i could find
point is there's no shame in cheating if you enjoy the experience you create in fallout   or any single-player game  i batch file, mod and loot everything to victory every time and i enjoy it i wouldn't judge you for the shit i do  regularly  

I did much of the same as I greatly dislike artificial difficulty (or really handicaps for NPCs). First thing I did when I had enough was redo the game difficulty settings (In the geck) so that they would mirror the modifiers in stalker and later with FNV got rid of the 20% bleed for DT. Now as for cheating, I used to use TCL alot when getting stuck in weird places due to screwy collisions.

+++++
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats   Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats Empty

Back to top Go down

Shameful Confession: Never played Fallout w/o cheats

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1