Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele vault boomers riot Ryse marvel Mask machine body upgrades Reforged mandalorian boom commonwealth wolfenstein space NPCs money khan Call ghoul hunk FCOM daryl dead Gear
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
First time you played fallout? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
First time you played fallout? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
First time you played fallout? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
First time you played fallout? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
First time you played fallout? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
First time you played fallout? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
First time you played fallout? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
First time you played fallout? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
First time you played fallout? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
First time you played fallout? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

First time you played fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
igniter55

igniter55

First time you played fallout? Empty
PostSubject: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:42 pm

i remember the first time i played fallout 3 it was late at night at a friends house and i played it all day the next day so tell me guys what was your first time playing fallout like?

praising

Character sheet
Name: Elmos Preisley
Faction: Randall & Associates
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 3:09 pm

This memory is still as clear as crystal in my mind, and pretty much the same as you. I went to a friends house, when I arrived, they were playing Fallout 3 (one playing and the others watching). And we watched him play for some time, making suggestions about what he should do etc, exploring the possiblities of the game. Later on they wanted to do a Magic game (the card game). But I didn't play Magic cause it didn't interested me. So my friend told me that while they were playing Magic i could play Fallout on his pc. So I started a new play, and that was it, I was hooked. When I left my friend's place, I was determine to get Fallout 3 and play it to death. I think the game had already been released for some time, cause when I bought it, it was the Game of the Year edition including all DLCs. Despite having the game, I could not play it cause my pc was old and could not run the game. So I had to buy a whole new pc, which I did, cause there was nothing that could have stopped me from playing the damn game. I got my new pc, and I played the hell out of the game. Ah, sweet sweet memories...

Kakashi Hatake

Character sheet
Name: Cedric Williams
Faction: Minutemen
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 4:31 pm

I had Fallout 3 after a friend gave it to me for the XBOX-360. I remember genuinely spending days and nights because it was so addicting. I even went as far as having modded save files in order to have greater amusement with the game. I then got New Vegas shortly after and it was much the same. Eventually after getting a laptop my passion for modded playthroughs of New Vegas went sky high. I eventually got a new laptop in order to play Fallout 4 quite decently and the whole experience was a blast and still is.

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 4:44 pm

When I was at best Buy, I just grabbed Fallout 3 since it was game of year edition and very cheap. I heard good thing about it and before that, I never played a RPG like Fallout. I was hook by it just by character creation menu.
Back to top Go down
Fidller

Fidller

Character sheet
Name: Edd
Faction: NCR
Level: -12

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 6:23 pm

One of my friends said i should play it. Bought 3 and NV for PS3 and played 3 first.....i was instantly hooked.........It took me a night to figure out that i was slow because i hoarded too much stuff, murdered the doctor in Megaton and stole his stuff because i didn't had enough caps.

Good ol' times

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 6:57 pm

The first game in the series that I played was Fallout 3 for my PS3. I never knew about the games existence until the release of the game of the year edition for the game. After watching some trailers I felt that the game was worth giving a try. I used to spend hours on end scavenging the wasteland and killing raiders. I especially loved finding all of the SATCOM arrays and the radio towers repeating signals in Morse code. Those centaurs located across from the Anchorage war memorial freaked me out when I first encountered them. Other occurrences such as Talon company tracking the player down were great to me since they revealed that the wasteland was becoming aware of the Lone Wanderer's existence. The amount of content was amazing to me however the lack of stability for the game and low quality graphics on PS3 and PC would often get irritating. Despite that, I am happy that I got into playing this game series.

obsidian929

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 3:41 pm

first time I played for me was Fallout 3, and it was a few days before Easter and I was about 10 maybe when I rented it, cause I still wasnt sure about buying yet but after that 1st day, I went out and bought it. I remember being really surprised that the first real screen time is when your born and have to make your character and after that I was hooked. Favorite part about walking around D.C. was always encountering the raiders that were everywhere around the area.

"You brought 2 too many.."

First time you played fallout? Hero_o10
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 3:45 pm

THe moment F3 came out, i played it. After i finished it, i played F1 and F2, then a full modded F3 and a full modded FNVm now F4.

Yeah, fallkout 3 was the first game for me, because when F1 and F2 came out i was like 6 so i had no way to know about those games... Now they are by far the best series in the world, in my heart, in my mind and in my eyes.

I still believe fallout 2 is by far the best fallout ever made, followed by F1, FNV, F3 and last by F4. Still, all great games.

Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:00 pm

I saw Robbaz play fallout 3 a few years ago, I saw fallout new vegas was more recent so I picked that up instead. I was about 12 or so at the time so I paid no attention to the story, and I got upset because I kept dying over and over. Eventually I got a PC and retried playing new vegas. It took me a while to really see the story as something other than a "thing to do", and once I paid attention I really liked it. I played fallout 3 about a year after that and I liked it, but it felt lacking. My favorite part of fallout 3 was The Pitt DLC, having nothing and working your way up to something felt sooo good.
Back to top Go down
Vrig88

Vrig88

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 11:37 pm

Fallout 3, Christmas 2008. Was back home on leave from the Army, and I was staying at my brothers house. I actually thought it was really boring when I first played it lol. Thousands of hours later...

JJHughes

Character sheet
Name: John
Faction: Lone Wolf
Level: Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:29 am

Fallout new vegas, My half brother bought it off his friend and I said to him "That's cool, but I've heard that's one of those birds eye view shooters" (I got it mixed up with tom clancy's End War), he then said "why don't you play it then" and handed me the controller, what ensued was me constantly sneaking on fallout every time my half brother went to football practise until I got fallout new vegas of him for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
nichoice

nichoice

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction: Myself
Level: >9000

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:08 am

FO3, I never played Fallout 1 & 2. But I remember playing FO3 and thinking I did not know RPGs could be so non-linear. It was the first game I played which allowed you to finish quests in so many different ways and varieties and reward players even for evil acts!
Back to top Go down
oldboy

oldboy

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Bought FO3 from a steam summer sale...loved every minute of it. Especially the mods. i must've had like...30+ mods installed haha.

Takashiro

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Fallout 3 was my first and almost my last. I can't remember what made me quit,but i know i hated a few quest and a few of the npc's got on my nerve. I didn't go back to it till i finished NV for the first time and because of that i ended up loving Fallout 3 in the end.
Back to top Go down
LuckyFatCat

LuckyFatCat

Character sheet
Name: Troy Ballard
Faction: The Highest Bidder
Level:

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 1:58 am

Think I got the Fallout 3 about a week after it released...

Has it really been 8-ish years since Fallout 3 was released? Man alive... XD

I remember thinking 'Oh my god...goodbye social life' once I was let loose into the wasteland after the tutorial. I immediately went and got myself murdered at the Super Duper mart. .___.

mistermansnake

mistermansnake

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Big Brother bought Fallout 3 for me when it came out on PS3...didn't even know what it was before then First time you played fallout? 1f615 When the game started I thought to my self....what a wonderful world lol!

Back to top Go down
Waffenbaum

Waffenbaum

Character sheet
Name: Lucky
Faction: Vault 13
Level: 22

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 6:46 pm

I first ever entered the world of fallout was in early 1998. I was 12 years old and visiting the local library at the time with my mom. They had a very small "computer media" section with PC games in white binders. When you opened the binders, there were plastic pockets inside for the game CD's and the game manuals.

On the front of the binder was a copy of the front of the game box, it was a close-up of the T-51 power armour against a red, foreboding cityscape and the words "FALLOUT - A post nuclear role playing game" in the corner. I had no idea what it was, but I rented it regardless because it looked so different and almost intimidating. I had never experienced a setting like the one I saw in the screenshots, so I was enthralled. It looked really tough and mature.

On the car ride home I was nose-deep in the manual, despite my English being extremely limited. I devoured all the information I could get. The way the game manual looked and was written like an actual survival manual put me in the game before I was even playing. I was preparing to leave the vault, taking mental notes and making plans.

I remember that installing the game took a while on my fathers computer which I had graciously been allowed to use for the purpose. When I started it up for the very first time and the INTERPLAY logo with the globe came on screen, I was so excited I could barely contain myself. It was like Christmas and a birthday rolled into one, I was getting access to something really special and I knew it the moment the Ink Spot's "Maybe" began playing.

After that I spent hours making my character, I had to find an English-Danish dictionary to know what all the new words meant ("gore" and "dismemberment" were added to my vocabulary that day) and when I was finally happy with it, I named my character "Ryu" because it was the most American name I could think of. (Thanks, Street Fighter III). I cannot describe how overwhelmed I was when the intro with Elder Jaconen was over and I was left in a cave with nothing but my wits and a gun to see me through. It was an entirely new world at my feet and I could go anywhere, do anything.

I played for days, for weeks and for months. I would be excited to come home from school to play, and I would draw pictures of raiders and radscorpions fighting. Every time I had to go to the library and give the game back I was hoping dearly that nobody else had put a reservation to borrow it so I could take it home with me again. Nobody ever did, so for the longest time the game was all mine to enjoy. The game had an impact on me unlike any other to date, and I practically had to teach myself English far beyond what I was learning at school in order to play it and understand what was happening, because reading was so integral to knowing what was happening. When I finally got to the ending it blew me away and I promptly started over to try all the things I didn't get a chance to the first time around.

Meanwhile my mom had realized how deeply taken I was with the game and how much it filled in my life at the time, so you can imagine my reaction when she handed me a wrapped present and told me that although it was still a month early, I could go ahead and open it now.
I unwrapped it and found Fallout 2 inside.

BrickMacklin

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:56 am

First time I played Fallout was Fallout 3 about a month after release. My friend would talk endlessly about it so I figured I would give it a shot. I had never played an RPG before (minus something like Pokemon but different kind of RPG entirely) so the abundance of dialogue choices was initially off-putting. That and reading what my character was going to say and the idea of me being the character in what is an enormous game.

I found it dull at first. I did not understand the skills system at all. I was not used to building a profile before playing the game; or that profile dictating what I was good at. I also was not paying as much attention as I should have so when I left Vault 101 I wandered around aimlessly not knowing where to go. I ended up getting my butt kicked by raiders several times over and quitting the game.

Two weeks later I restarted with another character to give it another shot, with some advice from that internet on how to play. After I trudged through the vault part and got myself past Megaton I started to find the game a lot of fun. I was enjoying it so much I immersed myself in the lore of the previous games.

Today I am finally going through Fallout 1 and I am enjoying it a lot. I find it even more enjoyable than when I went through Fallout 3 my first time. The storytelling in this classic game is stellar. I thought I would not be able to get into its isometric look and turn-based combat but I've found its charm with it. The classic is a really special game.
Back to top Go down
SomeKid123

SomeKid123

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:43 pm

I first played Fallout 3 as a wee young lad and it was the first game I had ever played and boy was a it a good ol' time. Fond memories all around.
Back to top Go down
VenomStingerGaming

VenomStingerGaming

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 11:33 pm

The first Fallout game I ever played was Fallout 3 when I was 6 years old. I played it on my older brother's Xbox 360 when he was away from the house, falling in love with the series. Been my series ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time you played fallout?   First time you played fallout? Empty

Back to top Go down

First time you played fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next